Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Friendship with Chocolate ❯ Hot Chocolate for Jounouchi ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Hot Chocolate for Jounouchi"

Inside the Turtle Game Shop, Ryou, Jounouchi and Yugi have settled themselves down in the living room. The couch was being occupied by Ryou, as he sat composed in the middle of the cushions, nursing a hot cup of coco and his eyes glued to the TV. Jounouchi contented himself with sitting on the windowsill in the back of the room, while Yugi was quite happy sitting on the carpet in Indian style closest to the front of the room. Taking sips of his coco with marshmallows, Yugi loosely kept his attention on the TV screen and gave more attention to daydreaming.

Growing bored, and somewhat surprised that nothing conflicting between himself and Yami had happened yet, Jounouchi absent-mindedly crossed his arms, and let his eyes roam freely about the room. It wasn't long before they were fixed on Yugi.

Various thoughts ran through Jounouchi's mind at that moment. To him, Yugi was a very special guy. Because he was, Yugi deserved the best of the best. He deserved to be treated in a way that was perfect for him, but also in a way that would be the most protective. Jounouchi sighed. He didn't mind being around Yugi, even when Yami was there, but it was just, everytime Yami was around Jou just felt…..challenged and intimidated. Jou wanted to protect Yugi and knew that Yami wanted the same, but, from the way Jounouchi saw it, Yami allowed things to happen to Yugi that Jounouchi wouldn't dream of allowing.

For example, if Yugi got into a fight with a bully right in front of Jouno's eyes, he'd rush in to push Yugi aside and fight the bully. If Yugi got into a fight right in front of Yami's eyes, Yami would watch until Yugi almost couldn't take anymore, then eventually rescue him and Mind Crush the bully.

And that, to Jounouchi, was unacceptable. Sure, he could see that Yami wanted Yugi to toughen up, but did he have to have it like that?

Even so, knowing Yami, there had to be some sort of strange, yet good answer for his actions that Jounouchi couldn't quite see yet.

Yeah, that had to be it.

At least, he hoped so. Jouno was tiring of the little conflicting "war games" he and Yami inflicted when in the same plane of space as Yugi.

Nonetheless, Jounouchi would still-

"Here."

If Jounouchi hadn't recognized that deep voice, he would've jumped off the sill in alarm. Knowing it was Yami, Jou smoothly trailed his eyes away from Yugi and met with a steamy porcelain mug in Yami's hands. Apathetically, Jounouchi glared into the cup of hot coco, then just as bluntly looked up into Yami's eyes. "Is this mine?" he asked placidly.

Yami naturally blinked. "Yes."

Jou slightly raised an eyebrow, trying to remain as stern and mature as possible around his "rival". "You didn't put anything poisonous in it, did you?"

Yami curtly half smiled. "If there ARE any toxins, they weren't put in by my hand."

Saying nothing in reply, Jounouchi eyed Yami for a second. He could tell that he was becoming annoyed. 'Good!', Jounouchi thought to himself, 'It's his turn to be perturbed!'

Glancing into the mug, Jouno saw that Yami was "nice" enough to drop marshmallows inside. Thinking that Yami was trying to bribe him with marshmallows to back off from Yugi, a smug smirk spread across his lips as he returned his attention back to Yami. Trying to hold back a chuckle, he asked, "Are you trying to bribe me into something?"

Yami stared back at the blonde with a twisted frown. This was getting tiresome real fast. With a heavy sigh, Yami reluctantly ignored the desire to ultimately toss the cup of hot coco right in Jounouchi's lap.

"Are you going to take it, or not?" Yami continued, his rich voice becoming littered with bits of anger.

Jounouchi was having so much fun with this! In a mockingly low tone, Jouno replied: "I'm thinking about it."

That did it!!

With a stern "Fine", Yami turned on his heels and tossed the mug of hot coco right at Jounouchi's lap.

Panic-stricken and alarmed, Jounouchi scrambled frantically to grab the mug before all its contents spilled into his lap and hold in his extreme shock and pain. "Grrrr!! Hot Hot! Hot!!"

Jou's….er…sudden outburst surprised Yugi as he leapt up from his placement on the floor and faced Jounouchi.

Ryou was still watching TV……..

"Jounouchi-kun!" , Yugi called to his friend, "Are you all right?!"

"S-sure am, Yugi.", Jounouchi managed to utter while forcing Yugi a grin. "I uh…just…d-drank to f-fast and burned my…tongue! Heh heh."

Still in the room and standing nearby, Yami simply gave Jounouchi's folly a scoff, which got him a grave and deadly glare right back at him.

"Well…if you say so." Yugi said, unsurely. He then switched his attention to his counterpart. "Yami?"

Yami responded immediately. "Yes, Aibou?"

With a childish expression, Yugi held up his mug. "Could I have some more hot coco, please?"

Wasting one last glance on Jounouchi, Yami proceeded over to his other and took the mug from him. With a smile, he mouthed "thank you", and patted Yugi on the head. A blush spread across Yugi's cheeks. A chuckle rose from Yami. His Aibou was very cute, but he did wish that he would be a little tougher and a little more serious from time to time. He didn't mind the closeness they shared, but he did mind if Yugi was taking that closeness for granted.

With one last smile, Yami about face and was just about to head out of the room when a tug on the back of his shirt stopped him.

Turning and looking down, there was Yugi with a sweet smile on his lips and a sparkle of earnest. Knowing his Aibou wanted a hug before he left, Yami casually bent down so Yugi could wrap his arms around his neck.

As Yugi pulled away, his eyes met with Yami's for a second.

Clear and innocent opals twinkled in the midst of serious and considerate deep violet rouges that glinted back. There was a special connection between those two. Nothing romantic, but it was something intimate.

Well, whatever it was, it was a wonderful feeling that Yugi, nor Yami wanted to rid themselves of.

"Ahem! Do excuse me for saying so, but could you two kindly move? I can't see the TV!" Ryou exclaimed.

Feeling a rush of embarrassment go through him, Yugi completely separated himself from Yami and looked up at him, just in time to receive a tussle in his hair.

On his way out and in the process of passing Jounouchi, Yami said nothing to him as the blonde started to get up, mumbling out he needed to clean himself off. Instead, he reached in his back pocket, pulled out a handkerchief from China and dropped it in his lap. Then to the kitchen he went!

Feeling extremely set aside and dumbfounded, Jounouchi sputtered for a moment, then grabbed the handkerchief and threw it down. "That's it." He mumbled, getting up.

"Yugi!!", Ryou's voice called. "Sit down! I can't see the screen!!"

"Oh!! I'm sorry, Ryou!!"

Jounouchi raised an eyebrow. He never knew Ryou was the TV watching type. Just what was he watching anyway?

TV: "Oh Chosen One!! Weeoh weeoh weeoh wee!!"

Kung-Pow!

Jounouchi 's face scrunched up in a half frown. "…..No comment.." Then he regained his seriousness. " That Yami…I've got to talk to him……as soon as I change my boxers………."

-Mel