Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ From A Hikari ❯ The Reaction ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Howdy! Well I'll be damned. I actually updated. I was really close to just leaving it be. But I got really bored. I'm terribly sorry if you think I ruined it by adding on and I apologize profusly.
Ya know what? I really hate that the review history is not working. How am I gonna be able to keep up with all the stories I'm readin? I really hope that isn't just mine that's broken too… if I have to suffer, I want you all to suffer with me. Sorry guys! ^__^U
 
 
 
Please, criticisim is welcome, but don't completely kill my self-esteem.
I don't own Yugioh. I'm merely just borrowing the characters for my own sick amusement and torture.
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&
 
 
 
 
 
A terrifying and evading numbness had slowly settled upon him. Seeping discretely through his veins and consuming his whole body until he started to shake. Then, white-hot fear. It raged inside of him more savage than a sea monster and devoured all of his senses until he couldn't take it anymore.
 
He dropped the letter.
 
… How co-… no… Those were Yami's only intelligent thoughts before he promptly passed out.
 
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&
 
 
 
“Yeah but it's not, like, that bad. I mean sure the whole movie was somewhat boring and totally, like, sad and stuff but I didn't hate it.” Said the bubbly and cheerful and almost-exactly-like-that-of-the-stereotypical-cheerleader voice. The bell to the Game Shop jingled happily as the owner of the overly cheerful and fake voice, Anzu, her two other friends, Jou and Honda, and the little tag-along, Ryou, all walked in. The three boys followed Anzu behind the front counter and up the stairs to the house part of the building. Them, being Yami's friends and girlfriend, were more than welcome to just barge in any time they liked.
 
With Anzu in the lead, Jou and Honda next, and Ryou bringing up the rear, they set off to climb the wonderfully soft and plush, cream-colored, carpet stairs. Anzu took exaggeratingly short steps and overly sashayed her hips so her designer jeans would slip just so. Her sexy, new, black thong peaked out and said hello to Jou and Honda. Who both whistled.
 
“Cut that out!” She waved a hand behind her to try to chastise them but didn't stop her upward trek. When she reached the hallway the steps led to she turned around to wait for the others and hike up her jeans. She smoothed her hair and checked her make up in a conveniently placed hall mirror.
 
She pranced down the hallway,“Yami-baby! We came to see you!”
 
“Yeah, Yami-baby, we came to see you!” Honda jokingly shouted after Anzu, who now had her ear pressed to Yami's bedroom door, as Jou laughed.
 
“Baby?” She removed her ear and sauntered in. The room was empty. The curtains were drawn and the bed in disarray. Behind the thick black curtains sunlight fought a losing battle to enter the room. But what little light had slithered in, cast a dull and bleary, gray look on the white walls. But Yami wasn't there, so Anzu, Jou, and Honda left the house.
 
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
 
 
`Soft… mmmmmm…'
 
His hand felt around.
 
`…Shag maybe?…'
 
`Who has a shag rug?'
 
`… Uugh… Why is that light on?' Truth is that there was no light on. Yami was lying in complete darkness. The deep-red, shag rug that cradled Yami had somewhat broken his fall when he passed out in the bathroom. He tried to open his eyes but after about 30 seconds of effort he decided that such a menial task didn't deserve that much energy and fell asleep again.
 
 
 
/You need to be with me!/
 
 
`...Yugi..?'
 
 
/I need to be with you!/
 
 
 
He was swimming. No floating. No he was drowning. He couldn't decide. So much emotion, so much raw pain swirled around him in such an array of colors and shapes and patterns that he was drunk with dissolution. He couldn't decipher anything anymore, he couldn't breath, the water of everything around him grew tighter, it gripped around his neck. It strangled him. He screamed, but there was no sound.
 
 
A hand.
 
 
A hand. It shone like an angel from heaven. It was there, just above his head.
 
If he could only reach it.
 
Almost there…
 
So close…
 
He brushed the fingertips, he could feel it. The warmth, just a bit further. Reach a bit higher.
 
`Yes!.. I've got it!'
 
 
`….no… No!…NOOOOOO!……………………& #8230;………………' His grip faltered and he fell.
 
 
 
 
/I welcome death./
 
 
 
 
He was alone. No more drowning. No more swimming. No more floating. No more struggle. Peace.
 
But it wasn't. It wasn't peace. Far from it, miles away actually. The illusion of the still blackness was the only thing present. He was sitting on a floor. `Oddly like when I was trapped in the puzzle. …Yugi…'
 
`…Yugi…'
 
Pang!
 
With the sound and appearance of broken glass the almost calm and eerie pitch darkness shattered. `What's happening?!? What is going on??'
 
Voices. Voices all around him. Different people, and they were all talking. Some screaming, some crying, some yelling abusive words, some whispering cruel intentions, some praying. None of them were happy. Yami was in a hallway. The voices kept repeating over and over again as if they weren't real but only a broken record. He stood up straight, ignored the voices, carefully walked towards the first plain wooden door, and opened it. He nearly had a heart attack.
 
This was the source of abusive words. Two teenagers the size of small giants were slightly crouched over something. They were yelling and spitting on whatever it was that so captively held their attention. Yami was disgusted. It reminded him of when Yugi first released him from the puzzle and he was getting a verbal beating by some bullies like this. Of course, Yami had sent them to the shadow realm with a mind crush that assured their death. He hated people like this. People who knowingly and willingly hurt others, not with physical blows, but mental and emotional jabs at the heart that left more than just a small scar. It made him physically sick. He couldn't watch anymore. He shut the door and vomited.
 
 
 
/We're two halves of the same whole, you idiot!/
 
 
 
That voice. Yugi's voice. Desperate and hurt, yet forceful and direct at the same time. It echoed off the wooden walls and reverberated louder than any of the other ones he'd heard yet. `Two halves… yes… I remember…' He was able to remember the moment with more clarity than he expected. `He shouted that at me last Friday when we were arguing about weather or not I should move out. I had wanted to move out and get an apartment with Anzu but Yugi insisted I not. He claimed we are two halves of the same whole and our souls wouldn't be able to bear being apart for that long…. yes… I remember… It seems like more than just a week ago… my Aibou had attempted to make me cookies as an apology for his words. They tasted like cement.' He let out a soft yet deep chuckle. `Oh Yugi. Where are you now? You're not completely gone, I can still feel you…'
 
The thought of the letter and everything Yugi had said came reeling back inside his head. It brought on a torrent of emotions. Emotions not his own. Such pain and resentment angled at him. Hatred and jealously of Anzu. And the pure and heart-wrenching emotion of plain loneliness and desire to be loved reignighted in Yami's memory. It made him sick. Absolutely disgusted with himself for letting things get as bad as they are. How could he have not seen how emotionally unstable Yugi was?? Did Yugi really love him??