Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ From A Hikari ❯ Rain, rain, go away ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
I'm feeling oddly happy so I know this chapter will come out crap since I want it to have a sad and somewhat foreboding feeling associated with it. So please, excuse the sucky-ness.
 
Disclaimer: Honestly, you really think I own Yugioh?
Warnings: Isn't it kind of pointless to have warnings past the first chapter? You people know what's in the story from the warning in the first chapter. It's a bit redundant, ne? Unless I forgot to put to warning there… Jeez, I'm losing my marbles…
 
 
 
 
-------
 
"I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off."
 
 
 
 
 
`No, of course not. Yugi just had a crush. It couldn't be as serious as love. Yugi doesn't even know what that is, he has no idea what it feels like to care for a person so deeply that you'd die without a thought if it only meant knowing that they would be happy and able to smile freely.'
 
 
 
`No. Yugi has no idea what that is'.
 
 
 
Shaking his head to get such odd thoughts, such as those he was just thinking, out of his head, Yami cracked his knuckles and peered down the hallway. The voices didn't seem as loud as they were at first but Yami assumed that was just because he had gotten used to them. Carefully, he stepped around his own puddle of bile and walked to the next door. He placed his hand on the knob and turned.
 
 
But hesitated. The voices around him seem to get a bit angrier, a bit louder when he touched this door. The emotion increased and pressed on his lungs and Yami could feel the loneliness and sheer, bloody pain of the voices. Especially the one crying. The Crying Voice increased with such magnitude Yami squinted his eyes, let go of the door, and grabbed his head. The other voices died down to a painful whisper but the Crying Voice still shrieked with tears. Water fell and Yami could feel his hair gel losing hold.
 
Pitter. Patter.
 
“Waaaaaaa! WaaaAAAA!! Ahhhh! Waaaaaaaaaaa!”
 
Pitter.
 
“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”
 
Patter.
 
Sploosh!
 
`Damn it'
 
The soft pellets of water that had fallen with the shrill Voice of the crying baby suddenly weren't just little pellets anymore. The rain had stopped, but half a second later was replaced with an influx of ice-cold water. Yami could feel his leather pants shrinking.
 
And the child continued to cry.
 
 
 
 
@__@
 
 
 
 
“Ho ho Huuuuum Ho ho Huuuuuum….
 
 
“Zippy di dooooooooooo daaa, zippy di daaaaaay, my oh my what a wooondeeerfuuul daaaaaay!” Grandpa continued to sing off key and clean the game shop, oblivious to the inner turmoil his grandson was harboring and the utter confusion and slight fear his grandson's yami was stuck in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------
 
Life is like a box of chocolates?! Well I want to buy another one because the one I have right now SUCKS!
 
----------
 
 
Yes, yes, bad, I know. Sorry for the shortness too. I have the next chapter written, it will be up soon, maybe tomorrow…