Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ From A Hikari ❯ When Children cry ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yeeehaw! O_o…
 
Another chapter!!!!!!
 
 
 
*is amazed you guys are still even here*
 
 
 
 
 
--------
 
Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real.
-Iris Murdoch
 
--------
 
 
 
Deep breath, deep breath.
 
Inhale, exhale.
 
Yami's calm-down routine worked yet again and he gathered his bearings once more. Immediately after the short shower every voice stopped talking or stopped screaming or stopped crying. Silence prevailed in the morbid hallway and the most traumatizing thing Yami had ever seen appeared before his eyes, appeared inside his head. Yami didn't see it clearly, but he felt it. He felt it in every crevice of his body, it shook him right down to his bones and stopped his blood cold.
 
It was Yugi.
 
With his head still in his calloused hands, the hands that had touched many people and done many things, Yami opened his eyes. He didn't know what he was to see but could sense it was not good. His eyes, now slightly opened, peered through his fingertips to the floor. Or what Yami assumed to be the floor, he couldn't be too sure, but he did know it was black. Pitch black. Accompanied with a chill that reminded him of cold nights in Egypt.
 
The rain began to fall again.
 
Yami lifted his head, ignoring the dull stings of water pellets on his rough skin. He couldn't see anything but somehow knew he was not alone. His sixth sense also told him that the other occupant/s did not know and would not know he was there. He saw movement to his left. His head whipped around to watch the scene unfold.
 
The darkness faded into grayness and the grayness slowly faded into stale sunlight. A small child about the age of 4 was sitting alone with a beat up, stuffed animal. It looked like a rabbit with a missing eye. Yami walked closer to the child, subconsconsciencely knowing he was watching something like a live movie, something like a live memory.
 
Upon closer inspection, the rabbit was not missing an eye. One eye was big and black and the other eye, the one Yami thought missing, was small and a translucent light blue. The stuffed toy was gray with use and very worn out. `It had definitely seen better days.' Yami wrinkled his nose in distaste. `Who would give a child such a nasty thing?' Yami would have thrown it away.
 
Having looked at the toy, Yami moved his eyes to the child.
 
The rain was still clouding Yami's vision but there was no mistaking who this child was. It was obviously Yugi.
 
`He was such a cute kid…' Something akin to fondness seeped into his thoughts and a small smile appeared on his lips. Yami had always thought Yugi would have been beyond adorable as a young child.
 
The smile left as quickly as it came. Anxiety and fear and severe want for his hikari replaced his emotion and consumed his thoughts.
 
 
The rain suddenly became much more noticable.
 
 
Little Yugi kept his eyes downcast and had one hand absently fondling with the bunny. His small hand kept running over the tiny blue eye.
 
Yami's eyes were trained on toddler Yugi and only just saw the adult feet step in beside the young boy.
 
This man gave Yami a bad feeling, Yami wanted to curse, he wanted to make this man pay for his sins. For the sins Yami had no idea about, for the sins Yami didn't know of.
 
The man bagan to move his mouth, but no words came out. He seemed to make some type of command. Little Yugi responded with a question it seemed. The man didn't like that and bent low to backhand the sitting child.
 
Yami was appalled. This was his innocent Yugi, Yugi would have never said something disrespectful to anyone and Yami knew, without hearing the exchange, that the sudden abuse was completely unnecessary.
 
Yugi recoiled and lowered his small, tricolored head again. The man walked away.
 
Yami would never know if Yugi cried, though he suspected he did.
 
And the rain was still falling.
 
 
 
 
 
--------
 
Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for.
-Dag Hammarskjold
 
To perceive is to suffer.
-Aristotle
 
---------