Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Guardian Angel ❯ A walk in the park ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi! I'm here writing another chapter of `Guardian Angel', because I just thought of a great idea for a new chapter! (Okay, well I thought of it last night, but it was wayyyy to late to be on the computer to type it) So here is the chapter! ^_^
 
Lily Fairy: You think he is? Just you wait.. Just you wait.. What type of images did Yugi and Varon give you?
 
Yenchna: Yeah, poor Ryou.. Bakura is always causing trouble for him. I should stop torturing Ryou so much, but I can't help it. His personality makes it way too easy! >u<
 
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh does NOT belong to me. Only Kyoshi and the plot do, and my sketchbook.
 
 
Ah summer.. The time of year where kids are free of school, homework, and teachers. Summer is also the time of…
 
“Holy CRAP! It's so hot!!!” Jounouchi yelled as he looked at the thermostat. He was in a white T-shirt and jeans. Kyoshi, who had until Jounouchi's yelling been asleep peacefully on the couch jumped up startled.
 
“Wha-What?!” Kyoshi asked as he looked around quickly.
 
“It's so hot in the house, don'tcha think?” Jounouchi asked, ignoring the fact he had woken his friend up.
 
“Um.. Sure, can I go back to sleep?” Kyoshi asked, lying back down on the couch.
 
“Sleep? SLEEP?! It's friggin' 96 degrees in here!! You want to SLEEP?!” Jounouchi asked.
 
“Well.. I didn't have that great a sleep last night..” Kyoshi said as he got up and stood behind Jounouchi. Jounouchi turned around to look at the older boy.
 
“Oh, sorry. The heat kind of gets to my head sometimes. I didn't mean to lash out at you like that.” Jounouchi said, patting him on the shoulder. (Even though Kyoshi is older, Jounouchi is a couple of inches taller then him.)
 
“It's alright.” Kyoshi replied smiling. He sat back on the couch while Jounouchi fiddled with the thermostat.
 
“So just curious, why didn't you have that great a sleep?” Jounouchi asked, contemplating hooking up the air conditioner.
 
“I had a nightmare..” Kyoshi answered, twiddling his thumbs unconsciously.
 
“What about?” Jounouchi asked, restraining himself from ripping out the thermostat from the wall.
 
“Um.. Well you were in that alleyway, hurt by those mean men. And I didn't make it in time to stop them from killing you.. I woke up and then tried to go back to sleep, only to have the same dream..” Kyoshi answered, looking at nothing in particular.
 
“Oh.. Well nothing to worry about! It was all just a dream, right?” Jounouchi asked, smiling.
 
“But what if I hadn't made it on time? Would you even be here right now?” Kyoshi wondered, more to himself then to Jounouchi.
 
“Look, let's not get into `What ifs', let's just be happy at the fact that you were there at the right time, and you beat the crap out of those jerks!” Jounouchi said, giving up on the thermostat and sitting down next to Kyoshi.
 
“Okay. Thanks Katsuya.” Kyoshi said, hugging Jounouchi. Jounouchi blushed for a second, and then hugged Kyoshi back.
 
“Hey, why don't we go to the park? It's a nice day out! And it will get your mind off of the nightmare!” Jounouchi suggested, getting up from where he was sitting.
 
“The park? Alright.” Kyoshi replied.
 
 
It was beautiful in the park, children on the swings, couples taking romantic walks, other people gagging themselves watching the couples. Kyoshi and Jounouchi were sitting on a bench watching people walk by.
 
“This place is nice.” Kyoshi said, looking around.
 
“Yeah, I come here sometimes when I need to think. One time, there was this HUGE party here, and I told them to get the heck out of the park before I burn the place down. Ahaha!” Jounouchi said.
 
“WHAT?! You would've burned this place down?! Katsuya!!!!!” Kyoshi yelled, tugging at Jounouchi's sleeve.
 
“Well, well, look who we have here!” Said an all too familiar (and annoying) voice.
 
“Heya Mai!” Jounouchi said, smiling. “Been awhile.”
 
“Yeah well, it's not like you made a move to visit or anything.” Mai said, following with one of her annoying fits of laughter. (Er.. Yeah, as you can tell, I don't like Mai.. ^^;;)
 
“Sorry. Been busy, you know?” Jounouchi said, looking down at his shoes.
 
“Another excuse, Jounouchi?” Mai asked, laughing again.
 
“HEY! He has been busy! He had to take a good amount of time getting his dad to go to an alcoholic facility. It's not an excuse, whore!” Kyoshi yelled, jumping up from the bench.
 
“Oh.. I didn't know that. Sorry.” Mai said, frowning.
 
“Well it's not like you were giving him time to explain!” Kyoshi heaved. Mai, a bit freaked out at Kyoshi's anger, decided to leave.
 
“Visit me, will you, hun?” Mai said, winking at Jounouchi.
 
“Um.. Kyoshi, how did you know that? I don't think I told you anything about that.” Jounouchi said, tilting his head to the side.
 
“I.. Uh.. I don't know..” Kyoshi answered.
 
“Well, I guess it doesn't matter.” Jounouchi answered, standing up. Just then, an ice-cream truck passed by. “Oh! Let's go get an ice-cream cone!”
 
“Ooh! Okay!” Kyoshi answered. Him and Jounouchi ran off to the truck.
 
“Hello, what may I get for you two gentlemen today?” The ice-cream man asked. Jounouchi reached into his jean pocket to see what money he had.
 
“Shit.. I only have enough money for one ice-cream cone.” He said to Kyoshi. “We can share one, if that's okay with you.”
 
“Okay.” Kyoshi replied, nodding his head.
 
“One mint chocolate chip ice-cream come please!” Jounouchi said, handing the ice-cream man three dollars.
 
The ice-cream man went into his magical ice land of a truck and got out a cone and scooped some ice-cream into it and handed it to Jounouchi.
 
“You young couples today, hoo boy what it's like to be young.” The ice-cream man said.
 
“Um actually, we're not-“ Before Jounouchi could finish, the ice-cream man drove off. “-a couple. Um, Kyoshi, you want the first lick?” Jounouchi asked, handing Kyoshi the ice-cream.
 
“No, no, you're the one who bought it.” Kyoshi said.
 
“Alright. Well, anywhere you want to go?” Jounouchi asked, licking the ice-cream.
 
“The Black Clown Shop place?” Kyoshi asked, taking his own lick of the ice-cream.
 
“O..kay.” Jounouchi answered, he knew quite well Dartz would most likely be there talking to Ryuji Otogi, and man was Ryuji a spaz whenever Dartz was around.
 
“Unless you don't want to go, in which case we can stay here.” Kyoshi added.
 
“No, it's totally and completely fine!” Jounouchi said.
 
“Um, Katsuya?” Kyoshi asked.
 
“Hmm?” Jounouchi asked. Kyoshi grabbed a random napkin that was in his pant pocket, and cleaned the top of Jounouchi's mouth.
 
“You had some ice-cream on your upper-lip, that's all.” Kyoshi answered, discarding of the napkin.
 
“Oh… Uh, thanks.” Jounouchi said, turning his head away blushing.
 
 
Kyoshi and Jounouchi walked into the Black Clown, to find Dartz kind of leaning against the counter talking to Ryuji.
 
“Good afternoon may I- Oh hi Jounouchi!” Ryuji said, waving. Dartz turned around and looked at the two.
 
“Hello Jounouchi, mysterious other guy.” He said.
 
“Um.. I have a name.” Kyoshi said.
 
“Yeah, don't be rude because you can!” Jounouchi said, lifting a fist.
 
“Really? Then what is it?” Dartz asked, walking towards Kyoshi.
 
“Kyoshi.” Kyoshi answered, looking up at Dartz's bi-colored eyes. Kyoshi walked up to the counter and looked at some of the displays. “Ooh! Dungeon Dice Monsters looks fun!”
 
“What?! You serious, man?” Jounouchi asked, walking up next to him.
 
“Would you like a starter set?” Ryuji asked.
 
“I don't have any money.” Kyoshi answered.
 
“Don't worry, it's on the house! Well, it is if you learn to play it well.” Ryuji said.
 
“Ryuji! You're going to lose income if you give freebies to people, you know that, right?” Dartz asked.
 
“Relax! It's only one, it's not going to hurt anybody.” Ryuji said.
 
“You ignored my question!” Jounouchi yelled as Ryuji handed Kyoshi a box-o-goodies.
 
“Oh, sorry Katsuya.. Um, yeah I'm serious.” Kyoshi answered.
 
“But why?! Duel Monsters is so much better then his sucky game!” Jounouchi asked.
 
“WHAT WAS THAT?!” Dartz asked, sticking up for his man. (Okay, I always wanted to write that xP)
 
“You heard me, oldie!” Jounouchi answered.
 
“Um, guys?” Ryuji said, hoping to shut the two up.
 
“You might like Duel Monsters better, but at least Dungeon Dice Monsters is cute!” Dartz said.
 
“Cute? CUTE?! It's about FEAR!” Jounouchi said.
 
“Yeah, if you like FEAR.” Dartz countered.
 
“You wanted to strike FEAR months ago when you were trying to summon leviathan! You-“ Jounouchi started.
 
“STOP FIGHTING!!” Kyoshi screamed. Dartz and Jounouchi stopped their yelling and looked at him. “Um, I think I want to go home.. I'm not feeling too well..”
 
 
Jounouchi and Kyoshi were walking back to Jounouchi's house, not saying anything until Jounouchi decided to break the silence.
 
“Hey uh, I'm sorry I got so loud.” Jounouchi apologized. Kyoshi shook his head.
 
“Apologize to Dartz, not me..” Kyoshi said.
 
“He just.. Pisses me off, we almost always end up getting into a fight.” Jounouchi said.
 
“Oh..” Kyoshi said.
 
“So, we cool?” Jounouchi asked.
 
“When were we ever not?” Kyoshi asked.
 
“I don't know. I guess I just felt a need to ask.” Jounouchi replied.
 
“Yeah, we're cool then.. Um… Ka-“ Before Kyoshi could finish what he was saying, he passed out.
 
 
Cliff hanger! Bet you all are wondering what's gonna come next, huh? I felt a need to end it there, for some reason. Originally I was going to have Jounouchi say it was 98 degrees in the house, but I would've beat myself up because it would've reminded me of that horrid band. Well, hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^_~