Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Haima ❯ Chapter 9: Garras del muerto ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Haima
Author: Nekocin
Email: Neko_cin_6@hotmail.com
Genres: Various---> Action and Romance as main genres (I hope Romance wouldn't be so screwed up >.>).
Type: AU
Anime: Yu-gi-oh
Warnings: Shounen-ai, Violence. Maybe some OOC. In this chapter Jounouchi's OOC
Pairings: Seto+Jou... here, slight Yami+Yugi.
Rated: PG-13
Disclaimer: Anime in question doesn't belong to me. Never was. Never will.
Author's notes:
This is the most unrealistic part of my story >_>;; It's quite disappointing to be honest even though I've tried my best to put some character interaction *cries* I still can't get the formula right! Oh, by the way... please read the excuse at the end of this chapter ^_^.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 9: Garras del muerte

12:25 PM

The teenager was thrown into the middle of the street. He yelped in pain once he hit the hard ground. He heard something that sounded familiar like a crack.

The car headed straight towards him.
The teenager braced himself for the blow as his heart quickened. There wasn't enough time to move. His feet were paralyzed with pain. He pinched his eyes closed.
Everything went in a blur. Everything happened so fast that no one expected someone to do something about the unnecessary death of some kid.

Someone pounced unexpectedly on the teenager and pulled him along, rolling quickly to the other side of the street. The boy groaned in pain, having to roll a few times over a hard street was not so good. He wondered if he was supposed to be unconscious or dead.

"Hey kid, you okay?" the voice sounded unfamiliar. Someone was breathing heavily close by.
The teenager tentatively opened his eyes and with a dazed expression glanced at the person over him. Blood was trickling down the officer's nose.
Katsuya gave him a reassuring smile and quickly put his hand over his broken nose.
The black-haired boy wondered if this was the officer who wanted to stop those men from throwing him in front of a racing car.

The car tires screeched, catching both of their attention. The rookie quickly hauled the teenager on his feet and pulled him onto the sidewalk. He cursed silently for having to work alone. Where was that Otogi when you needed him the most?!

Suddenly someone else was thrown in front of the racing car. The guy whimpered in pain, but didn't make a move. Katsuya frowned; someone must have tackled the guy. That wasn't supposed to happen.

He quickly buried the face of the teenager in an embrace. He could've rescued the guy but his feet stood frozen on the sidewalk.

The car tires screeched again. The driver had swerved the wheel to the sides, afraid that he might run over his comrade. The unfortunate car hit a lamppost and had sent the driver into the front glass.

"MOKUBA!"

The teenager snapped his head up when someone called his name. The voice sounded familiar... Katsuya looked confused at the teenager, whose eyes began to sparkle.

"ONII-CHAN!" He whirled around and watched as his brother made long strides just to cross the street. He was dragging two guys by their collars. Impressive.

Officer Jounouchi looked a bit dazed as the inspector strode towards them. The swirled images hadn't subsided yet.

The inspector looked relieved when the teenager gave him a quick hug. It seemed the inspector had witnessed the whole dangerous game of life with his brother as main victim. He'd immediately tackled the ones who were responsible for threatening Mokuba's life.

"Are you all right, Mokuba?" The inspector asked softly and patted the teenager affectionately.

"Hai. I'm okay"

Katsuya blinked a few times and wondered if he was intruding something personal between the Kaiba brothers. He shifted his gaze away from the brothers and looked at the victims in the inspector's grasp.
He brought up his hand over his nose, trying to stop the bleeding. Katsuya glared at the taller men whom he'd tried to stop earlier.

"What's the meaning of this whole... sacrifice?" Katsuya kneeled close to one of the thugs (a.k.a. those big bad guys). He had flinched when he heard his unusual voice through a broken nose. As expected the thugs refused to answer his question.

He thought about his broken nose for a while and wondered vaguely about the driver. And what about the one who got thrown into the street.
Suddenly he felt enraged. It's INJUSTICE! The car had almost killed that teenager, Mokuba. What if the kid had been Shizuka?
RECKLESS DRIVERS!!!
Maybe he should act more like a serious agent instead of some whimpering first-timer.

Suddenly a foreign chuckle escaped through his throat. Katsuya narrowed his eyes and peered at the two anonymous thugs from under his bangs.
"You know what? It really doesn't matter," he commented out of nowhere.

The inspector raised an eyebrow at the rookie's first attempt of sounding intimidating. It sounded serious and yet entertaining. The rookie hauled the two anonymous men towards the other bad guy in the middle of the street.

"What are you doing, officer Jounouchi?" The inspector called out.

"You know him, onii-chan?" Mokuba looked up at his taller brother. Boy. Someday he might out height his own brother.
Mokuba also had no idea what the officer was going to do.

"Sort of. He's just a rookie"
The inspector crossed his arms over his chest.

"Really? He's kind of strong for someone that skinny" Mokuba commented, referring to that desperate rescue a few moments ago.

The inspector was still eyeing the rookie skeptically. What was the rookie planning? Maybe the rookie was planning on making them speak? Because he had no idea why they wanted to kill his younger brother. Inspector Kaiba gritted his teeth when he thought about that. If he hadn't been following the rookie, he wouldn't have saved Mokuba from getting run over.
"Why did they want to run you over?"

Mokuba shrugged, not knowing the proper answer. "Maybe they're trying to break you?"
THAT hit a nerve as the inspector unconsciously clenched his fists.

"I dare you even to try escaping me" Katsuya hissed menacingly and dropped them near the other anonymous thug (the unconscious guy on the street).
He crossed his arms thoughtfully and began circling them. He hoped this tactic might work and let out a low chuckle. It became sharp and edgy afterwards. He kept his eyes narrowed at the silent men.

"As you can see..." Katsuya took out a small knife from his pockets and began playing with the innocent object. He threw the knife from one hand to the other hand. "... I would love to carve your skin from your body with this little jewel of mine" [1]

"What's he doing?" the inspector wondered out loud. Mokuba had arched an eyebrow... the rookie acted like one maniac.

Katsuya gave them a glimpse of his maniacal eyes and held the knife close to his face once he inched closer to his supposed victims. He let his tongue dart over the metal of the knife and grinned genuinely when he noticed their disgusted look.

"Do you want to lick it too?" He smirked inwardly at his awkward gesture as he held the knife close to one of his 'victims'. The guy turned away, disgusted indeed.

Katsuya pulled away slowly and crawled to his next 'victim', after putting the knife between his teeth. "What about you?" he whispered huskily and gave his victim an indescribable look. He held the knife closer to the other's face, ignoring the blood, which still oozed out of his nostrils. "So... still want to taste it?"

Their 'tormentor' definitely resembled a psychopath right now.

*~*~*~*~*~

13:00 PM

Mariku smirked as he looked at the back of agent Ishtar's head. He could tell the agent felt uncomfortable to have his back turned to him, especially when he'd been attacked the previous week.

Yami had forced Mariku to go along with agent Ishtar back to the station. For some reasons unknown Mariku felt proud to have put some difficulty in the rebellious-looking officer's life. The sour look on the guy's face told him so.

Both the Ishtar siblings had no idea that their rookie had been blown up about an hour ago. Yami silently told himself that once they were back at the station he would announce the rookie's death. He wondered nervously what the others might say. They really didn't have any problems with the rookie unless you counted his temper and the mouth. He smiled sadly. The quilt was wringing his heart mercilessly.

Ishizu was the only one who seemed to feel all edgy sorts of feelings radiating from all three men in the small car. She noticed her brother's nervousness and rage, Yami's quilt-stricken aura and indifference and lastly, her brother's look-a-like Mariku's mysteriousness and pride.
She wondered what kind of situation they'd gotten themselves into and sighed. An uncomfortable silence came afterwards.

Occasionally Malik glanced at the rear mirror just to see what Mariku's next move might be. His hands around the wheel were sweating, without doubt, in anticipation. He was bracing himself for any unexpected action. Agent Ishtar groaned inwardly, he sounded like some vulnerable target.

UGH! The damn look-a-like was still looking smugly at him. He glared at the reflection of Mariku and suppressed the urge to poke those eyes out of the prisoner's head.

Mariku threw him a smirk as if having caught up with his train of thoughts. The officer was quite one paranoid person. AND a good target too. A target that might help him escape from being captured.

Yami ignored his prisoner. The guy was nuts! Maybe agent Ishtar was taking this a bit too seriously, because Yami could see how hard Malik was struggling with his rising rage.
He looked outside of the window. The car instantly stopped...

"Agent Yuuki... you've got to see this" Malik said nervously and threw a cautious look at the other officer. Yami raised an eyebrow and looked at the front. He immediately jumped out of the car and rushed towards the group in the middle of the street, leaving his companions behind in the car.

There were three men sitting on the streets while a certain dirty-blonde officer was hovering around them like a cat cornering his mouse.

"Jounouchi-san! You're alive?" he breathed out a sigh of relief when he approached the other. Katsuya grinned and held up a knife in greeting. Yami winced when he saw the swollen nose.

"Hey, agent Yuuki... I think we just got lucky. Please stand on the sideline with the Kaiba siblings while I finish these guys" Katsuya let out a low, yet uncharacteristic menacing chuckle and shot his attention towards the men on the streets.
"Let's start with you, hon" He said sweetly and kneeled closer to one of his latest 'victims'.
Yami watched as the supposed victims squirm when the rookie came closer with the knife.

"Speaking of 'we'... where's Otogi?" Katsuya wondered and looked over at the other side of the street where he and Otogi had been walking. He stood up abruptly and ran towards the said sidewalk.
After Katsuya had lost his attention on the three thugs, Yami watched in amusement when the supposed victims let out a sigh of relief. The agent looked inquiringly at the inspector, who was approaching them firmly.

"So... care to tell me why you did that?" inspector Kaiba emphasized the 'that' as soon as he got close to one of Katsuya's supposed victims. Of course he was referring to their mission of killing his younger brother.

"Okay... okay... okay. I'll tell! Just get me away from that freak of an officer!"

The inspector merely quirked up an eyebrow and looked for the mischievous rookie.

Katsuya frowned as soon as he saw the scattered Tarot cards. He looked around for a familiar green-eyed officer, but was at a loss.
"Where did he go?" he muttered worriedly and looked at the dark alley on his right. He got this stinking feeling Otogi was in bad hands.
"Agent Yuuki! Inspector Kaiba! Officer Ryuuji is missing!" he panicked when those words came out.

"How can you be sure?" a deep voice inquired smoothly. The rookie let out a yelp of surprise and jumped away in defense.

"Don't do that! The first time someone did that I almost got my brains blown out"

The inspector glared at the rookie. "Don't talk like that in front of Mokuba" [2]
The said person pulled on to his brother's sleeve, tentatively.
"Onii-chan!" He chided and threw the rookie a polite look. "Ignore my brother's comment. At the university we get to do stuff that relates to the human body. So it's okay, onii-chan. We get to see guts too..." Mokuba paused and bit on his lower lip, nervously. His eyes darted to the small car in which those big guys were put in.

"I see..." Katsuya murmured nervously, having no clue what Mokuba had meant and slowly picked up Otogi's Tarot cards.

"Oh! Almost forgot, I'm Kaiba Mokuba. Nice to meet you and I'm grateful you've saved my life" He bowed politely. The rookie returned the bow. "Jounouchi Katsuya. It's a pleasure to meet you... Don't worry about it. Just doing my job" The reply almost sounded cheery.

Mokuba smiled, but stopped himself immediately.
"Shoot! I'm late! They're going to kill me... no, they'll fry me first, barbeque me next, add some more sauce and then eat me alive... if I'm alive enough" Mokuba suddenly panicked as soon as he looked at his watch.

13:30 PM

"Ja ne, onii-chan. Ja ne, Jounouchi-kun. I hope we'll see each other again" the younger Kaiba chirped and winked at his big brother, before running around some corner.

Katsuya waved faintly before looking at the Tarot cards. "Is he the victim of the red roses riddle?"
He fingered slowly with the hems of his sleeves and eyed the inspector sternly.

The inspector jerked his attention to the rookie, his eyes looking a bit dazed after his brother's last action. They stood there in front of each other, staring... nothing much was revealed from their guarded eyes.

The uncomfortable silence stretched.

>>
Agent Yuuki watched the two exchanged glances without revealing much. He wondered if one of them was starting some staring contest. He glanced worriedly at agent Ishtar's small car. There wasn't enough room to put everyone in the passenger seat. He sighed and brightened at the idea of calling agent Mutou or assistance [3].
Yami had completely missed the horrified look agent Ishtar was giving him, pleading even. The color was drained from Malik's face. Ishizu frowned at her brother's discolored face. "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing" he answered nervously and sat a bit on the edge of the driver's seat, inching away from a certain look-a-like at the back of his car.
>>

"Fine! Keep it as a secret!" Katsuya growled, being the first to cut the staring abruptly. He put away the cards and whirled towards the direction of the alley on his left. The rookie promptly left the inspector without giving him a second glance.

Katsuya wondered if the killer went into the alley and curiously climbed over the filthy walls. If the killer were to take another route there would be a big chance that the inspector might have seen him walking away with a bundle named Otogi. So the alley it is.

*~*~*~*~*~

12:55 PM

He smirked as he looked at the person that was slung over his shoulder. He felt giddily all over again and looked over his shoulder. He stopped for a while and peered down at the building at a certain dirty-blonde-haired rookie.

The silhouette merely raised an eyebrow when he saw something shiny in the rookie's hand. He used his binoculars to take a good look.
"Heh! Sometimes I wonder what you're made of, officer" the anonymous man commented and grinned evilly hen he noticed the fearful looks on the rookie's supposed victims' faces.

"Getting evil, already?" he chuckled darkly when the rookie licked the knife like one crazed knife lover. The giddiness in his stomach was making him happy.

He was HAPPY.

Tonight's the night. He ruled over the night.

He just couldn't wait to kill this victim and the other, 'beautifully'.
Heh! The current rookie was too clueless to even imagine how beautiful his death might be.

The guy smirked and turned around to continue his 'quest'.

*~*~*~*~*~

13:45 PM

Yugi put the four anonymous thugs at the back of his car. He noticed Shizuka was currently talking to Ishizu... about things that were rather left unsaid. He also noticed that inspector Kaiba was staring at an alley for no reason (probably) and his partner, agent Ishtar, didn't look so healthy.

He wondered if it was because of that Mariku... why didn't Malik let him take Mariku along to the station? Then surely he would have been saved from his misfortune of having Mariku behind his back.
But Yugi guessed that maybe because Malik was afraid that Mariku might do something to him on the way to station 6. Must be some sort of Ishtar responsibility to take care of stuff they're scared of, Yugi mused.

He stepped towards agent Yuuki and smiled. Before he could utter a greeting or anything, the other launched himself onto him. Yugi let out a squeak of surprise with his widened eyes.

Yami embraced him as if he'd not seen the shorter officer in a long time.
Yugi could feel how disturbed the other officer felt and automatically encircled the other in an embrace. He patted the other lightly on his back and could faintly feel Yami breathing into his hair.

"Are you okay, Yami?" He asked worriedly. Yami groaned lowly, but then nodded vaguely. "Yeah. Boy, do I have a lot to tell, aibou" Yami smirked in the other's hair and felt relief wash over him, condemning his previous depressed mood.

*.*.*.*.* End chapter 9*.*.*.*.*

Endnotes:

1: ^^;; I had Farfarello in mind when this thing popped out. *laughs nervously* OoC
2: Being an overprotective brother/sister always seem to make you forget the fact that dear little brother/dear little sister will some day grow up. It happens.
3: Went to check his name. ^^;; I misspelled it throughout the previous chapters. Sorry.

I was going to post this sooner, but heck... got too embarrassed with the middle section >_>;; Ehehehe... So... that's why I've posted 2 chapters just to save my arse. lol. ^^;; Sorry for not posting this earlier. Even if the chapters were already in my notebook up to chapter 14... I think I got lazy in typing this all out. I mean if I don't type I've plenty of time to read most of the fanfiction I've found. ^///^ As much I enjoy writing fanfiction/originals I also enjoy reading others' works. -_-; And I still feel downhearted. *sighs*
And also I had planned to post most of my chapters/stories on Christmas like some sort of surprise. *sighs* ;_; I COULDN'T. I couldn't connect!!! *wails*
Oh, by the way if one of you don't know what the chapter means. It's just a literal translation of "Claws of Death". The previous meant "Eyes of Death"

In reply to:

Ayako Kadori:
^///^ Although I think that chapter was a bit... weird(?) Don't you think? Thank you for reviewing ^-^.

Jou-pup: Ehehehe ^^;;. The reasons are in our email.
HEY! How is it going with the scanlations of "Yami no Matsuei"? ^-^ I know the English is a bit scrambled, but at least somehow you can sort of read through the bad grammar. You can ask me anything regarding the books since I've read up till book 5 already.
Thank you for being around. Thank you for reviewing ^_^. Thank you for replying my email.

Ezra: *twiddles* Uhm... ^///^ That part was a bit weird to end, I know. But I ran out of notepapers (For "Haima" I use about 13 pages, no wonder it's just 8 --> 9 pages in the computer). So I decided to stop there. Ehehehe... some of the stuff are a bit altered from the actual notes. I guess it's for the best... ^^. Thank you for reviewing.

Angel-Belle: Ehehehehe... just what I've said in reply to Ezra's review. Ran out of notepapers ^^;; I guess you could say I'm trying out cliffhangers. >_>;; They're not even that great either. But thanks for reviewing ^-^.

Misura: ^///^ Thank you. Hehehehe I guess Otogi can be described as someone like that. 9_9 Even though I don't really feel something touchy-feely with him other than the other characters. (I usually feel touchy-feely with most anime characters of certain series) Sorry to burst your bubble. Just ran out of notepaper. ^_^;; As for the "Death" card. I've a Tarot guide somewhere between my other books. Just bought that book out of curiosity. "Death" is some sort of card that means something is 'reborn'. Uhh... I hope I've used the right term to describe it briefly.
Anyways thank you for reviewing ^-^.

=^_^=cin