Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hope For A Lost Soul ❯ A Weekend to Remember ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: A Weekend to Remember

The rest of the school days was as normal as ever. Everyone was real glad that the weekend came. Leona was with Yugi and the others at the park. “I’m glad the weekend’s here.” Tristan said. “Yeah, no school for two whole days.” Joey added. Tea and Yugi were talking about something. Probably about Duel Monsters. Yugi asked, “Hey, Leona why are you so quiet today?” Leona looked at Yugi then answered, “Well, I’m supposed to be seeing Kaiba today at his place.” The others looked at Leona surprised. “You mean Kaiba actually invited you over to his mansion?” Joey asked. Leona nodded. “Are you sure you wanna go?” Tristan asked. “Yeah, come on you guys, I know Kaiba seems to be mean and cruel, but he sometimes is nice.” Leona told them.
“Yeah, only to his little brother.” Joey said. “Come on Joey you know that Mokuba is the only family he has.” Tea told him. “How do you know that’s true, Tea?” Yugi asked. “Well, we’ve known Kaiba for a long time and did we ever see his parents, no.” Tea answered. Leona looked at Tea a bit shocked and thought (No parents at all.) “Just because Kaiba has no parents doesn’t mean he has to act like a jerk.” Joey said. “He only acts that way towards you, Joey. You can never seem to keep your mouth closed around him.” Tristan said. While Joey and Tristan were arguing, and Tea and Yugi were being the referees, Leona walked out of the park and headed for home.
(Maybe I shouldn’t go, there’s a lot I don’t know about him.) Leona thought as she was walking. She was lost in thought when she heard a car horn honking. “Move on the green not in between.” Said someone. Leona turned around and saw a blue car. The person that was driving the car had long blonde hair and violet eyes. “Sorry.” Leona said. “Wait a second are you by any chance Leona Springs?” The girl asked. Leona nodded. “Hi, I’m Mai Valentine, Joey’s told me about you, hop in.” Mai said.
Leona sat in the car. “So, where are you off to?” Mai asked. Leona thought for a moment. “Well I was supposed to meet this friend, but I think I should go home instead.” Mai looked at Leona, who had a sad look on her face. “This friend of yours, is he a boy?” Mai asked. Leona nodded, and then asked, “How did you know my friend’s a boy?” Leona asked. “I can easily tell by that look on your face.” Mai answered.
“Come on what’s bothering you?” Mai asked. “Well, this is no ordinary boy. This is Seto Kaiba.” Leona told her. Mai was a bit surprised. “He saved me from a group of people called rare hunters, and then he invited me over. But then I was hanging out with Yugi and the others and there’s so much I don’t know about him.” Leona explained. Mai smiled and said, “It sounds to me like you have a crush on him.” “NO I don’t.” Leona said while blushing. “If you want some advice, I’d say go for it.” Mai said. Leona looked at her confused. “If you don’t know him so well, here’s your chance to get to know him.” Mai told her.
Leona smiled and said, “Thanks Mai.” “No problem Now let’s get going.” Mai said as she started to drive the car really fast. In about ten minutes they were at the Kaiba mansion. “How did you know where he lives?” Leona asked. “Everyone knows that. The mansion can be seen anywhere from the city.” Mai told her. Leona looked at the huge Victorian mansion. “You cold get lost in a place that big.” Leona said. “Well, I’ll see ya’ around.” Mai said and drove off. This left Leona alone. She stopped at the huge doors. (Here goes.) Leona thought as she rang the door bell.
Five minutes later the doors opened and revealed Mokuba smiling. “Leona, you made it.” Mokuba said cheerfully while giving her a hug. “It’s nice to see you again Mokuba.” Leona told him. “Come on inside.” Mokuba said while taking her hand and pulling her inside. As Leona walked inside the house there were rooms in every corner. She could see paintings all over the walls. There was a grand piano in one room and a big screen TV with an entertainment system. Mokuba brought Leona to the living room which was very elegant. “You have a really nice place.” Leona said. “This was a cheapest mansion I could find.” Kaiba said walking into the living room. “I hope I’m not bothering you.” Leona said. “You’re not bothering us at all. My brother cleared his whole day for you.” Mokuba told her. “Mokuba, I thought I told you not to tell her that.” Kaiba said to his little brother. “That’s alright.” Leona told him.
After a little while Kaiba and Mokuba showed Leona the whole entire mansion. Including the indoor and outdoor gardens. Then, they came back to the living room where they talked for a while. “Hey Leona, what’s that in your hand?” Mokuba asked. Leona looked at her notebook she had in her hand. “Well, um I write stories for fun, whenever I get the chance.” Leona told him. “Can I see it please?” Mokuba asked. Leona gave the notebook to Mokuba, and he immediately started to read it. “Wow this is better than any book I’ve ever read.” Mokuba said. “Do you really think so?” Leona asked. “I agree, this is amazing work.” Kaiba said. “Even my brother likes it. And Seto’s really picky about what books to read.” Mokuba told her.
Leona couldn’t help, but smile. “Have you ever thought of becoming a writer?” Kaiba asked. “Well, yes, but the colleges I go to are asking for a lot of money. I don’t think my parents can afford it.” Leona told him. “You should at least get your story published. I bet anyone would read your story.” Mokuba told her. “I’ve tried, but the magazine companies are also asking for a lot of money. One magazine company asked for $5,000. And I don’t have that kind of money.” Leona told them.
“It’s my dream to become a famous author. Too bad I don’t have enough money to full fill my dream.” Leona said and started crying. “Are you alright?” Mokuba asked. Leona slowly nodded, but she was still crying. Kaiba walked over to her and held her close to him. “You shouldn’t give up on your dream.” Kaiba told her. Leona looked at him as he smiled softly. “Thank you.” Leona told him.


Author's Note

It looks like things are begining to heat up. But will it last? Ch. 5 on the way ^_^