Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hope For A Lost Soul ❯ Enter the Shadow Realm ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 11: Enter the Shadow Realm

Both Leona and Marik drew five cards from their decks. “Before this duel begins, place the Egyptian God card out your deck.” Mark said. Leona took out Kaiba’s Egyptian God card and placed it on the left side of the dueling arena. Marik did the same with his Egyptian God card. “Why did you tell me to place the God card out of my deck?” Leona asked. Marik evilly smiled and answered, “So either one of us can summon them at any point during the duel.” (But before that happens I’ll trap you’re mind in the Shadow Realm and erase your memories of your friends.) Marik thought as he held his millennium rod tightly.
Just as Leona drew her first card to officially begin the duel, Yami and the others showed up. “I thought Leona was in danger. She’s duelin’ Marik.” Joey said. “No Joey. Leona’s in more danger than ever.” Yami told him. “Hey guys.” Leona said. Mokuba ran to his brother. “It’s a good thing you guys are safe.” Mokuba said. “At last, you show yourself, pharaoh. After I win this duel, your millennium puzzle will be mine.” Marik said. Yami stared at Marik with anger, but did not respond to his threat.
“Leona, you must be careful in this duel.” Yami told her. “Don’t worry Yuge, you saw her deck. She’s got some powerful cards.” Joey said. “Yeah, she might win.” Tea said. “Besides, she has my God card on the field.” Kaiba told them. “You gave her Obelisk the Tormentor?” Yami asked. Kaiba nodded. “Let’s just hope she can control an Egyptian God card.” Yami said. Leona looked at Yami for a moment and thought (Yugi looks so different. That has to be the spirit of the millennium puzzle.) “Alright, let’s start this duel.” Leona said. Both Leona and Marik are at 8,000 life points. The duel begins as Leona starts her first turn.
“I put one card in face down in defense mode and one card face down. That’s all for now.” Leona said. Marik evilly smiled and responded, “Starting off slow. That’s going to cost you later on. I play revival jam in defense mode and activate the magic card jam breeding machine. Next I play one card face down and end my turn. (Oh no Marik’s activated his jam breeding machine. Soon he’ll have enough sacrifices to summon the Winged Dragon of Ra.) Yugi thought. “My turn. It’s a shame that your slime token from your jam breeding machine only has 500 attack points. I play another card face down in defense mode and end my turn.” Leona said.
“Leona on your next turn, you’ve got to summon a monster and take down his slime token.” Yami told her. (It’s time to take this duel to the Shadow Realm.) Marik thought. “Behold the power of my millennium rod. It will take us to the Shadow Realm and you’ll slowly be losing every memory of your pathetic friends.” Marik said as everyone was surrounded by dark clouds. “It’s my move now and my jam breeding machine creates another slime token. I play Vorse Raider in attack mode. Vorse Raider attack her face down monster.” Marik commanded. “Oh no, my Shining Friendship, it’s destroyed.” Leona said. “That’s not all that’s destroyed. A memory of one of your friends is gone as well.” Marik said. As Marik’s Vorse Raider attacked Leona’s Shining Friendship, Leona saw something strange. “What? Tea? No! Don’t go!” Leona yelled.
“Is Leona alright? What’s she talking about? I’m right here.” Tea wondered. (That voice it’s so far away. I can’t remember who that is.) Leona thought. “It seems that Tea is gone from your memories. I play one card face down and end my turn.” Marik said. “My move. I sacrifice my face down monster to bring Luster Dragon in attack mode. Luster Dragon attack his slime token.” Leona said. (LP: 6100/8000.) “I play two cards face down and end my turn.” Leona said. “I activate the magic card Ookazi which direct attacks your life points by 800. And since we’re in the Shadow Realm, you’ll feel the wrath of my magic card.” Marik said. Fireballs headed straight for Leona and she screamed in pain.
“Leona! Are you alright?” Tea asked. “It’s that voice again, but where’s it coming from.” Leona said to herself. (LP: 6100/7200) “Next I activate the magic card Rush Recklessly. This card makes my Vorse Raider stronger than your Luster Dragon. Vorse Raider attack her Luster Dragon.” Marik said. Leona’s Luster Dragon is destroyed. (LP: 6100/7000.) “And you also lose another friend.” Marik told her. “Tristan. No!” Leona cried out. “What’s she talking about? I’m right here.” Tristan said. “Marik! This has gone far enough! Release us from the Shadow Realm!” Yami told him. “Why stop now pharaoh? Why stop, when I’m having fun toying with your friend’s mind.” Marik answered. (I’ve gotta think of something quick or else Marik will be able to summon his God card.) Leona thought as she drew her next card.
(It’s my Blue Eyes White Dragon.) Leona thought as she held her card. (Alright, I’ve also got Lord of Dragons and Flute of Summoning Dragon. And I’ve also got Red Eyes Black Dragon in my hand.) Leona said as she saw her cards. (If I play my Blue Eyes will I lose my memories of Katrina and Blossom.) Leona thought.
~Flashback~
“I’m gonna miss you Katrina” Leona said hugging her best friend. “Yeah. It stinks that your dad had to get that promotion in Japan.” Katrina said. “Wait before you leave I want you to have something.” Katrina said while digging into her purse. “Here take this.” Katrina told Leona. Leona looked at the card and almost started to cry. “It’s a Blue Eyes White Dragon card!” Leona said happily. “Yeah, I know how crazy you are about dragons, so why not have one of the most powerful dragons in Duel Monsters, right?” Katrina asked smiling. Leona smiled and hugged her friend again. “Promise never to lose that card.” Katrina said. “Thanks. I’ll never lose this card. I promise. You’re a great friend. Whenever I play this card, I’ll always think of you. Best friends forever, no matter what.”
~End of Flashback~
(I can’t risk losing my two best friends, but I can’t risk losing this duel either. What do I do?) Leona thought. “Leona. You’ve got trust in your cards. If you have the answers in your hand play it. Believe in the heart of the cards.” Yami told her. “The heart of the cards?” Leona asked. “Yeah, Leona, trust in your deck and believe in yourself, like we all believe in you. Now go kick Marik’s butt.” Joey said. (Their right. I’ve gotta try or else I might lose this duel.) Leona thought.
“First I activate the magic card De-spell to get rid of your Jam Breeding Machine.” Leona said. “Not so fast, I activate the trap card Magic Jammer, which cancels out your magic card.” Marik said. “Oh yeah, you forgot about my other face down card. I activate the magic card Remove Trap.” Leona said. “Now I play Lord of Dragons in defense mode and activate the magic card Flute of Summoning Dragons. I summon my Red Eyes Black Dragon and my Blue Eyes White Dragon to the field. Blue Eyes White Dragon attack Marik’s Vorse Raider.” Leona said. “You triggered my trap card Mirror Force. Say good bye to your dragons and your friends.” Marik told her.
As Leona saw her two monsters be destroyed she also lost the memory of her friends. “Joey no! Please stay.” Leona pleaded. Leona could see nothing at all in the darkness except for three more figures. “Katrina, Blossom, not you too. You guys have to help me please. Don’t go!” Leona told her friends. Leona noticed that someone was else was also there. “Kaiba. Please you’ve gotta stay and help me, please. Don’t leave me here all alone.” Leona begged. (It looks like the shadows have taken over her mind and her soul. She has nothing that can help her from my Winged Dragon of Ra.) Marik thought.
Leona fell to her knees. “I can’t do this alone.” Leona whispered as tears were falling to the floor. (LP: 6100/7000) (It is time to summon my Egyptian God card and devastate her more.) Marik thought. “Before I draw my next card I’ll send my God card to the grave yard.” Marik said. Then he drew his next card. “Perfect! I activate the magic card Monster Reborn and summon my Winged Dragon of Ra to the field!” Marik said. “Woah, that God card’s gonna be big trouble.” Joey said. “Can Leona win?” Mokuba asked. “She too focused on her own thoughts. I don’t even think she notices that card is on the field.” Tea answered. “Now I sacrifice all my life points except for 1 and transfer them to my God card.” Marik said. Leona stood up and faced the God card. (It’s over.) Leona thought. “Now my Winged Dragon of Ra destroy her monster and her life points!” Marik commanded.
Marik’s Winged Dragon of Ra devastated Leona’s life points to 900. “Leona!” Mokuba cried out. After the smoke cleared everyone saw Leona. Her body was burned and battered. “I can’t win this duel.” Leona said. “Leona, listen to me. You are not alone. Your friends are right here with you. Marik’s just playing games with your mind.” Yami told her. “C’mon Leona, you can do this. Use Seto’s God card.” Mokuba said cheerfully. “We’re all right here.” Tea said. “Yeah, you can do this.” Tristan told her. Leona faced Marik and said, “I’m not giving up.” Leona said. Leona drew her final card. “C’mon heart of the cards. Please let this be the card I need.” Leona whispered. (LP: 1/900).
Leona drew the magic card Monster Recovery. “YES! I activate the magic card Monster Recovery. I get to bring back four cards from the grave yard to the field. So I bring back, Shining Friendship, Luster Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon, and my Blue Eyes White Dragon.” Leona said. “Next I activate the magic card Dark Curtain. At the cost of 500 life points I bring my Dark Magician to the field.” Leona said. Leona took Kaiba’s God card and told Marik, “Let see which God card is stronger. I sacrifice Luster Dragon, Shining Friendship, and Red Eyes Black Dragon to summon Obelisk the Tormentor.” “That card pales in comparison to mine.” Marik said. “Aren’t you forgetting the special ability of Obelisk?” Kaiba asked. “What’s that?” Marik asked.
“My God card’s special ability increases its attack force when there are two monsters on the field. In other words Marik, your history.” Kaiba answered. “Obelisk absorb the attack force of Blue Eyes White Dragon and Dark Magician. Giving it a total of 9500. This duel is over!” Leona yelled. (LP: 0/500).
The duel was over. Marik’s life points had gone to zero. Leona had won her first official duel. “Alright! Leona won!” Mokuba cheered. Leona couldn’t keep her balance while standing because of so many direct attacks and the affects of the Shadow Realm. Leona walked away from the dueling arena. She started to feel dizzy and was about to collapse to the ground. “Leona, are you alright?” Kaiba asked as he caught her before she could hit the ground. “I-I’m ok, j-just a –li-little tired.” Leona slowly answered. She slowly fell into unconsciousness. “Leona?” Mokuba said worriedly.
“She needs to go to a hospital.” Tea said. “You fools aren’t going anywhere, except for oblivion.” Marik said as he held the remote control in his hand. Marik was about to push the button when, “I don’t think so.” A voice said. Everyone turned around and saw Mai with police officers surrounding Marik and his rare hunters. One of the police officers grabbed Marik and the remote control fell out his hand. “You can’t do this to me!” Marik yelled struggling to break free. “You’ll all pay for this! My millennium rod is unstoppable!” Marik said as the police took him away with the all rare hunters.
Yugi and the others followed outside. “Hey Marik, your forgettin’ something.” Joey said as he held the millennium rod. “My millennium rod. Give it to me now!” Marik ordered. “I don’t think so. See ya’ ancient magic.” Joey said as he threw the millennium rod into the river. “Now no one can have that power.” Yugi said. The others nodded. As the police cars left Mokuba asked, “Mai, could you give us a ride to the hospital?” Mai nodded. As Mokuba and Kaiba sat in the car carrying Leona Mai said, “Yugi, Leona’s parents should know about this.” Yugi responded, “Don’t worry we’ll tell them.” Yugi and the others headed for Leona’s house as Mai drove to the hospital.
At Domino hospital, Kaiba and Mokuba walked to the reception desk. “What happened to her?” Asked the nurse as she saw Leona unconscious in Kaiba’s arms. “She was in a terrible car accident a couple miles from here. She needs help.” Kaiba lied. Kaiba couldn’t say the truth because no would believe him. After all, you don’t here many people getting injured because of a card game. The nurse called in a stretcher and a couple of doctors took Leona into the emergency room. “Make sure she gets the best treatment or I’ll have you all fired.” Kaiba told them. “Don’t worry Mr. Kaiba, she will.” The nurse told him. “It’s a good thing Kaiba Corp. owns half of this hospital, right Seto?” Mokuba asked. Kaiba nodded. The two brothers sat in the waiting room.
A couple of hours had passed and Yugi and the others showed up with Leona’s parents. Kaiba could see that Leona’s mother was very upset. Her father however was more angry than upset. “What happened to my daughter!? If you’re responsible, I’ll sue you for every penny!” Leona’s father yelled looking at Kaiba. “No, you’ve got this all wrong. Mr. Springs, Kaiba’s done nothing except help your daughter. He even risked his life for her.” Yugi told him. “Is that true?” Leona’s father asked. Kaiba nodded and said, “I wouldn’t let anything bad happen to your daughter.” After a while Leona’s father started to calm down. “Is she alright?” Leona’s mother asked worriedly. Before Kaiba was about to respond a doctor came in the waiting room.
“Leona is in the recovery room right now. She hasn’t woken up since she was in the emergency room. You may see her if you wish.” The doctor explained. Leona’s parents followed the doctor, but then Kaiba stopped them. “Out of respect, may I see her first?” Kaiba asked. “It’s the least we can do for helping our daughter.” Leona’s mother answered. Kaiba and Mokuba followed the doctor to the recovery room.
In the recovery room entrance, “Mokuba stay out here for a while. I need to see her alone.” Kaiba said. Mokuba slowly nodded. Kaiba walked into the recovery room and saw Leona’s fragile and motionless body. Her face had gone pale. There were machines and wires surrounding her. (I can’t let Mokuba see you like this. It would make him sad.) Kaiba thought. Kaiba sat in a chair near the bed and took Leona’s hand. “Forgive me. I put you in this position. Marik was after me, not you. Kaiba told her. “You have to wake up Leona. Please wake up. I lost my mother in this hospital. I don’t want to lose you. Besides Mokuba being everything in the world to me, you are too. You are the most precious thing that came into my life. I wouldn’t want this to happen to you. I love you.” Kaiba told her.
Kaiba let go of Leona’s hand, but then Leona took his and held it tightly. Leona’s eyes slowly opened and she saw Kaiba’s face. “Do you really mean that?” Leona whispered. “Mean what?” Kaiba asked. “Do you really love me?” Leona asked. Kaiba smiled at her and nodded. Leona smiled at him them said, “Thank you for everything. Everyone is wrong about you. You’re not cold hearted. You do have a good heart and you just proved it.” Kaiba got up from his seat and was about to leave when Leona asked, “Are you going to the dance this Friday?” Kaiba shook his head then answered, “Sorry, but I don’t go to school dances.” And he left the recovery room.
“Well, is she alright big brother?” Mokuba asked as Kaiba came out of the room. “She’ll be fine.” Kaiba told him and they walked back to the waiting room. Soon after everyone else saw Leona. Her parents were very relieved that their only daughter was going to be alright. “She’ll be completely healthy by tomorrow morning.” The nurse told them.
The next day Leona came home. Yugi and the others threw Leona a welcome home surprise party. “Thanks you guys.” Leona said. “This party would be perfect if only Kaiba and Mokuba could’ve come.” Leona said. “Kaiba’s not exactly a party person.” Tristan told her. “Well, he needs to have some fun in his life. You can’t always be busy with work.” Leona responded. “Try telling Kaiba that.” Joey said. “C’mon guys give Kaiba a break, besides he’s the one who saved Leona.” Yugi told them. The others started rambling to themselves. It was 9:00. Leona said good-bye to her friends. “Leona, remember tomorrow’s the dance.” Tea said. “Don’t worry I’ll be there.” Leona told her and closed the door. She went to her room and fell asleep waiting for the next day.


Author's Note: Well what do u think? Sorry it took so long. There are only 3 more chapsters left. Keeo reviewing. BYE