Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I'm always watching... ❯ Hope ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything related to YGO. I only own the Authoress Quill, which, along with it being the source of my Authoress power, can turn any bishie into a feminine version of themselves.
 
Evan: WOW, long disclaimer…
 
Sonja: I know.
 
Miranda: so, this is the intro chapter.
 
Sonja: yup! Also, sorry for the typo at the title of the last chapter, I forgot that the first one wasn't a chapter but a prologue.
 
Sara: as always, be prepared for her line…
 
Sonja: On with the fic!
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000
 
Chapter 2: (the real one!)
Hope
 
Mokuba raced for his brother's room, tears welling up in his eyes as he went. `Please be okay, Seto…Please be okay…' He thought pleadingly.
 
When he got there, he almost looked away in grief.
 
Seto laid spread eagled on the floor, his hair disheveled, and his face pale. `It looks like he dropped…*gulp*…dead…' He thought sadly.
 
No, he's not dead yet…A woman's voice reassured.
 
Mokuba looked around the room, and saw no one there. “Stop playing with me! What happened to him!?!?!” He shouted angrily.
 
Suddenly, there was a flash of light, and right beside Seto, sat a woman.
 
She was tall, around Seto's height, with shoulder length chestnut hair, which curved around her slightly tearing sapphire blue eyes. She wore a dark blue spaghetti strap blouse and a thin pale blue jacket, which hung on her shoulders. A blue bandana was tied around her arm. Her matching dark blue skirt spread over her legs, all worn over a body which most men would drool over and most women would kill to have. What was most noticeable about her was that she had large, blue wings coming out her back, similar to that of the Blue-eyes.
 
“I did whatever I could for him to live.” She said, as she stood up, her skirt swishing around her legs as she did so. “All we can do now is wait…”
 
Mokuba broke out of his shock and demanded, “What happened to him!?!?!?!”
 
The girl looked at him and said calmly. “He was struck with a cursed disease. And I'm afraid, so will this entire city, and possibly, the world.”
 
Mokuba came into the room and approached the woman cautiously. “So, who and what are you??” He asked, in what he hoped as an interrogating voice.
 
“I'm the one who sent you that brooch, which saved you from suffering your brother's fate.” She replied, sitting back down by Seto's side, one of her wings covering him like a blanket.
 
“You're Sara?!?” He exclaimed. The Dragon Girl nodded solemnly. “Ok, answer my other question.” Mokuba demanded, gaining courage.
 
“Before I can, let me ask you this: Do you believe in `Guardian Angels'?” Sara asked him.
 
“Umm…no, because I've never seen one.” Mokuba replied, a little too childishly.
 
“Well, better start believing, because I'm your brother's.' Sara replied with a nervous giggle.
 
Mokuba was taken aback. `That probably explains the wings…' he thought.
 
Sara smiled at him. “Haven't you wondered why I look the way I do?” She asked him.
 
Mokuba looked at Sara closely. “Well…you do look kind of like my nii-sama...”he mused.
 
Sara smiled weakly. Then she called out. “Come out, Miranda…”
 
Suddenly, another flash of light came from behind Mokuba. “Doshtano, nee-san? (What's wrong, sister?) A girl's voice asked.
 
Mokuba turned around to see who spoke, and almost squeaked in surprise.
 
The girl he saw, Miranda, was a female version of himself. They almost had the same hairstyle, except that Miranda had a blue bandana around her head, the same bandana around Sara's arm. She wore a pale green blouse which was worn under a blue denim jacket. Her pleated knee-length skirt matched cutely with her shiny blue school shoes. And she too, had wings on her back, but these weren't reptilian, these were like swan's wings, as if sculpted by the most talented artist in history.
 
“Hi Mokie.” Miranda greeted with a giggle.
 
Mokuba gulped and stuttered. “M-m-Miranda, is t-t-that you??”
 
Miranda nodded and said happily, “I told I was looking forward to meeting you.”
 
Mokuba shook his head vigorously, rubbed his eyes and looked again. “Ok… so this isn't a dream…” he mumbled. Suddenly, he noticed what was hanging around Sara's neck.
 
“That's nii-sama's locket!!” He exclaimed.
 
Sara placed her hand on the card locket, closed here eyes and said calmly, “I made him a promise, and he gave me this as proof and as a reminder.
 
So…if you two are supposed to be guardian angels, which means…you're…” he drifted off.
 
“Dead?” Sara asked. “I think so…I'm not sure really…”
 
“Whatever we are, we have a mission to fulfill!” Miranda exclaimed.
 
Sara nodded. “Yes, I suppose. We must find out the person behind all this madness before it's too late…”
 
She stood up, took off the blanket from Seto's bed, and wrapped it around him. She then turned to Mokuba and said, “You'd better hold on to me.” “Why?” He asked. “We're going to visit an old friend…”
 
She opened the floor-length window, spread out her sapphire wings, and gestured for Mokuba to come close.
 
“No way, we're going to fly there?!?!?” He blurted out.
 
Sara chuckled and replied, “Do you really think I'd do this if I wasn't sure you'd survive??”
 
Mokuba blushed slightly as Miranda giggled. “C'mon, she knows what she's doing.” She urged.
 
The boy inched closer to Sara, trembling as he did so. Sara bent down and Mokuba locked his arms around her neck. She stood up, and carrying Mokuba on `piggy-back', jumped out the window.
 
Mokuba shut his eyes tightly, praying to whoever was listening that he wasn't going to die. Suddenly, the air rushing against his face slowed down, and he braved a look.
 
He saw the silvery round moon almost inches to his face, the endless blanket of stars filling the night sky. He stared in awe as Sara laughed softly.
 
“Beautiful isn't it?” She asked Mokuba, a gentle smile on her face. “Yeah…” Mokuba breathed in reply.
 
Suddenly, he spotted the familiar green roof of the Kame Shop.
 
“We're visiting Yugi??” He asked. Sara nodded in reply as she slowly dived down in front of the said shop.
 
Mokuba got off and went to the door. “Strange…it's unlocked…” He mused. “Something's not right…I'm sure of it…” Sara warned darkly as they stepped into the dark shop, unaware of what was to befall them…
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Sonja: Yey! Done!!!
 
Evan: Nice ending!
 
Miranda: Where am I?!?
 
Sara: With Seto, obviously.
 
Miranda: oh…
 
Sonja: Anyway, I'll be updating sometime soon, because my semestral break is almost over and my keyboard is being a biotch.
 
Evan: why's that?
 
Sonja: the shift button's on the fritz and it needs a hard pressing…anyway…
 
Evan: R&R and C'ya next chapter!!!