Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I'm always watching... ❯ Darkness ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own my anime, and it's NOT YGO!
 
Sonja: As my trademark, I make short prologues and long first chapters.
 
Evan: Okay, so what's gonna happen here?
 
Sonja: A little more elaboration and the two girls in the last chapter are given a little more fanfic time.
 
Miranda: This is where me and nee-san come in, right?
 
Sonja: Yup, but they still don't know who you guys are.
 
Miranda: Nuts!
 
Evan: Can I please say it?
 
Sonja: It's still my line, little pupil.
 
Sara: And here we go…
 
Sonja: On with the fic!!
 
|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+ |+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+
 
Chapter 2:
Darkness
 
Young Mokuba woke up in bright spirits. Why? Because today is Sunday, and Seto promised him that he'd stay home and be with him. He quickly dressed and ran to the dining room, where his beloved brother was waiting, carrying a package in his arms.
 
“Mokuba, this may be strange, but this came for you.” Seto said as Mokuba came into the room. The small boy's eyes grew wide with curiosity. “Really? Who's it from?” He asked, taking the package.
 
“It says it's from someone named Sara.” Seto replied. “Is that a girl I should know about?” He asked suspiciously, raising a brow.
 
Upon hearing this, Mokuba blushed and replied hotly, “No, I don't know any `Sara.'”
 
He hastily opened the package and inside, resting on a red velvet pillow, was a small brooch. It was made of pure silver, with an oval sapphire cast into the center and a feather shape curling around the bottom of the sapphire.
 
“Hmm…pretty elaborate for a brooch.” Seto mused as Mokuba placed it on the right side of his collar.
 
“Anyway, you promised you wouldn't go to work today, remember?” Mokuba reminded childishly, staring at Seto with the `puppy eyes.'
 
The older brother rolled his eyes and replied. “Yes I remember, and yes, I'm not going, but no, I'm not going to stop working.”
 
Mokuba pouted. “But…” He started to say.
 
“I promised to stay. But I didn't promise to stop working.” The older of the two replied curtly. “Always remember loopholes.” He added with a smirk.
 
~~~
 
Mokuba ate his breakfast and took off, not saying a word. `How could I forget the loopholes?! Nii-sama never liked it when I used them… Maybe this is how he felt everytime I did that…”
 
When he looked up, he realized he was in an unfamiliar part of the mansion. “Guess I wandered off…” He said to himself. He looked around. The hall was rather dull looking, with dust covering almost everything. He started down the corridor he just came from when he heard someone giggle.
 
“Who's there?” He called out. `Impossible, there's no one here except me and Seto!'
 
He heard the giggle again, except this time it was louder and more distinct. The pitch was high, like it belonged to a girl.
 
“There's a girl here??” Mokuba asked himself in disbelief. He heard the giggle again, coming from his right. He turned and saw a part of a dress disappear behind a corner. He ran after whoever it was, but he never caught up. Everytime he turned a corner, he only saw a glimpse of a dress slipping away from his line of sight, the person giggling all the while. Suddenly, the giggling stopped, and Mokuba found himself in front of his own room. “What the?” He asked. He noticed a note stuck on the door. He took a closer look, and in rather childish calligraphy writing, the note read:
 
“I know we're going to meet someday, and I'm looking forward to it. Oh yeah, and my nee-san says that you should be careful…” -Miranda
 
P.S. She also says that you shouldn't let Seto out of the house, it's safer that way.
 
Mokuba read the note again in utter disbelief. “What?” He asked as he went inside, reading the note as he did so.
 
~~~
 
Seto was in his office, typing away at his computer. `Perhaps I shouldn't have said that to Mokuba…' He thought. `He only wanted to spend time with me, after all…'
 
He stood up from the computer, and suddenly got a head rush. `Strange…' He said clutching his head. He sides of his vision darkening slightly. He shook his head and whispered, “What's wrong with me?” He grasped the door knob and went out, only to find a note stuck to his door. “What's this?” He asked, rubbing his temples with one hand and holding the note in another. In a beautiful curly calligraphy the note read:
 
“It's not a good idea to go outside today, it's dangerous. Also, you should go to Mokuba's room. He's anxious to be with you. And by the way, that brooch I sent him must be worn at all times.”-Sara
 
P.S. My little sister wants to say that your brother is cute.
 
Seto scanned the note in a rage. `How dare someone come into my house and tell me what to do!!!' He crushed the note in his hand, shoved it into his pocket, and stomped down the hall in the direction of Mokuba's room.
 
~~~
 
When Seto got to Mokuba's room, he saw him sitting on his bed, reading the note. “Hey nii-sama, I found this note stuck on my door.” He said and showed the note to him.
 
Seto quickly read the note and showed his note to Mokuba. “You're not the only one.” He said.
 
Mokuba read the note and exclaimed, “Miranda thinks I'm cute?”
 
Seto reached for his brother's hand and said, “We're going to Yugi's house. Maybe he can solve this.”
 
“But the notes said--” Mokuba protested, but he was half-dragged out in mid-sentence.
 
~~~
 
In an unoccupied room in the Kaiba Manor, two girls were talking in hushed tones. “Nee-san, they didn't listen…” The smaller of the two said. “Don't worry, At least they heeded my advice and kept the brooch on.” The older one cooed. “Why couldn't we just give that brooch to Seto?” The child asked. “Because that spell only works on a pure and innocent heart. And also, he wouldn't accept it like his brother did.” The elder replied.
 
~~~
 
The limo screeched to a stop in front of the Kame Game Shop, and the brothers Kaiba walked up to the door, only to meet up with Yugi coming out.
 
“Oh, Kaiba, Mokuba, I didn't know you were coming.” He said apologetically.
 
Seto raised his hand and said, “Spare me the greetings. I came because we got a few strange notes and we were wondering if you put them there.”
 
Yugi raised his brow and said, “No I didn't. In fact, I got a note too.” He reached into his pocket, took out a note, and gave it to them. In small print writing, the note read:
 
Go find Kaiba and give him this warning: “There's someone after him and he'd better stay indoors.” I know someone's protecting him, but I just can't be sure if he's safe. -Yuki
 
P.S. Yumi would like to add that if he won't accept it, at least believe it.
 
Kaiba scoffed and said, “Nonsense. I am in no danger and I may do as I please!” Mokuba glanced at the note and asked, “What do they mean by `if he won't accept it, at least believe it'?
 
“I'm positive they mean the pointless bull about Egypt and those M. items.” He scoffed and turned on his heel.
 
“You know that it isn't pointless bull, Kaiba!” Yugi (Yami, actually) replied angrily, stopping Kaiba in his tracks.
 
“Well, then, we'll just have to see…” Kaiba called out and walked off, Mokuba huffing after him.
 
~~~ (back at the mansion, around nightfall) ~~~
 
Mokuba went back to the place where he first saw the girl, who he first assumed was Miranda. `I couldn't tell Seto about what I saw; he might go berserk and rip the house apart.' He thought to himself reassuringly.
 
Suddenly, he heard singing coming from one of the rooms.
 
`Okay, no I know it's not my imagination.' He thought and bravely crept towards the noise. The sun outside the window completely set, engulfing the hall in darkness. Mokuba swallowed unconsciously, frantically looking left and right in case of an ambush. `I'm in my own house, and I'm scared. This is getting creepy!!' He thought scaredly.
 
Then, the singing got louder; he could actually hear the words.
 
Yoru no machi ha Shizuka de fukai umi no you…tssudzuku michi tada atashi hitori dake…tooi koe o tayori aruite yuku no…zutto sagashiteru sotto hikaru aoi hikari…
 
(At night, the town is quiet like the depths of the ocean…I continue down the road by myself, guided by the distant voice…I keep searching for the soft blue light…*rephrased and taken from Chobits. Don't own!!!*)
 
He was in front of the room where the singing was coming from. He opened the door and…
 
```````````````````````````````````` (Wow, I'm mean! Semi-cliffhanger!) ```````````````````````````````````
 
Seto was alone in his own room, typing away and thinking about the notes that were about him. `Hmph, I went out and nothing happened to me. I knew that was a load of bull!' He thought triumphantly. Suddenly, his head started aching badly. Kaiba visibly flinched and almost fell to the floor. He stood up, clutching his head and audibly cried out, “What the fuck is going on?!?”
 
He fell to his knees as he heard footsteps coming towards him. “You should've listened to what those pathetic girls were trying to tell you.” The person said.
 
His head hit the floor as the last of his strength kept him conscious long enough to hear the person leave and call out, “And as soon as I find a way around that spell, your precious brother will fall as well.” He cackled as the door shut behind him.
 
Seto lay there, fighting the growing urge to pass out, he felt someone hold his hand affectionately. He looked up and saw, to his disbelief, a sillueette of a woman, kneeling down next to him. A glow was surrounding her, as if she was the sun.
 
“Seto…” She whispered, her shadowed face inches from his. “…I don't care if you didn't heed my warnings, I only wish for your safety.”
 
“Sara…?” He asked weakly. He tried to look up at her, but he couldn't see well, darkness consuming the majority of his vision.
 
“I knew this was going to happen, and I did whatever I could to protect you and Mokuba. I promise, I'll find out whoever did this to you, and I'll make them pay.” She swore.
 
She was about to leave when Seto grabbed her foot. “If you promise…me that…take this…as…a reminder…” He chocked out, removing the card locket around his neck and handing it to her.
 
“What?” She asked in disbelief.
 
“You heard me…take it…” He said, straining for consciousness. She gently took the locket as Seto's strength gave way to darkness.
 
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````` (Back to the little hero!) ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `
 
Mokuba was astonished. There wasn't anything in the room. And yet he swore he heard singing in this room.
 
He entered the room, the only window flooding the room in moonlight. Mokuba looked around. The room was completely bare. He turned to leave, when a whisper reached his ear.
 
Go back… A girl's voice said softly.
 
Mokuba yelped and turned around. He saw nothing. “C-c-come out!” He stuttered frantically.
 
Don't be afraid of me…The voice said. Go back to your brother's room, he's in danger!
 
“What about Seto!?!?” Mokuba asked forcefully, searching wildly for the voice.
 
Nee-san is there trying to save him. But you should hurry! The voice cried out.
 
Mokuba just took off, looking back once at the room and called out, “Whoever you are, you'd better not be joking!” And ran off.
 
When he left, a girl's sillueette appeared and said softly. “I'd never lie to you…” and disappeared.
 
------------
 
Sonja: finally! Finished with this chapter!!
 
Evan: Wow, that was kewl!!!
 
Miranda: creepy, romantic and scary at the same time!!!
 
Sara: beautiful!
 
Sonja: Well Evan…
 
Evan: R&R and c'ya next chapter!!!!