Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I will never love again... ❯ I will never love again... ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I will never love again...









Yami, Yugi, Jono, and Honda stood in front of the graveyard gates. They watched as Anzu's coffin was gently lowered into the ground. Yami sighed and held back tears as he watched his one true love being laid down to rest. 'This can't end like this...' he thought. 'Why, Anzu? Why take her life when it was my time...? I don't understand.'

Jono put his hand on Yami's shoulder and gripped it tight. "I'm sorry man." he said, his voice low voice. "I'm so, so sorry."

Yami shook his head and watched the sand and dirt being put down on Aznu's grave, it all started to flow back to him like it was happening then...

**FLASH BACK**

"This is going to be so FUN!" Aznu exclaimed, she jumped up on Yami's shoulders and stretched out her arms. "I can't wait!"

Yami struggled to keep Aznu up on his shoulders. He sweat-dropped. "Ok, we understand, Aznu." he said grabbing her legs. "We are excited too, but can you spare me? Please?"

Anzu giggled and did a back-flip off Yami's shoulders. "Sorry, I just can't wait. It's going to be cool."

Jono smirked. "Are all girls like you, Aznu?" he asked.

"I bet Serenity(I forgets her Japanese name) is." Aznu said. "I spent a lot of time with her since we met, and I think I transformed her."

"Great..." Honda said sweat-dropping. "Just what we need, another Aznu."

"What's so bad about that?" Aznu demanded, she crossed her arms.

"Never mind Honda, Aznu." Yugi sweat-dropped.

Aznu frowned. "If you say so Yugi." she said. "Well, we better get going!" she grabbed Yami's arm. "If we don't want to be late."

"Okay, c'mon guys," Yami said. "Before she rips my arm off."

**

"Here we are!" Aznu exclaimed. "Which one should we get?!" Anzu looked around the parking lot at all the shinny, new, cars.

"Well its your birthday, Anzu." Yami said. "You pick, besides, its only on lease for the weekend, just enough time to celebrate."

Anzu's eyes shone as she walked among the cars, she stopped when she came to a red Mustang Convertible. "Oh wow!" she said bringing her fists up under her chin. "Its beautiful!"

"Is that the one, Anzu?" Jono asked, looking at the Mustang.

"Yeah, this is the one I want." Anzu said. "Who's going to drive?"

"I'll drive." Yami said.

"Yay!" Anzu hugged Yami. "Thanks, now lets go!"

**

"C'mon Serenity!" Anzu yelled. "We aren't going without you!"

"I'm coming." Serenity jumped in the back seat with Anzu and Yugi, Yami, Jono, and Honda were in the front.

Anzu and Serenity sat up on the backs of the back seats, and rapped their arms around each others shoulders. They were screaming and singing all the way down the road.

Yugi, Yami, Jono, Honda sweat-dropped and looked at each other. "Yup..." Jono said. "Anzu killed my sister and replaced her with... whatever that is."

"He was a boy,
She was a girl,
Can I make it any more obvious?
He was a punk,
She did ballet,
What more can I say?!" Anzu and Serenity sung. They laughed and went on to the next note.

"He wanted her
She'd never tell secretly she wanted him as well
But all of her friends
Stuck up their nose
They had a problem with his baggy clothes!"

They stopped singing and laughed and screamed. "This is so much fun!" Anzu yelled. "Thank you guys so much!"

"Hey, no problem, Anzu." Yugi said looking up at her.

"Yeah, you have always been there for us." Honda said. "So since its your birthday, we decided to make it unforgettable!"

"Believe me!" Anzu said with a smile. "I'll never forget this night!" she looked up at the moon and the stars. "Never..."

"Its going to get better, Anzu." Serenity said.

"Really?" Anzu said.

"And here we are." Yami pointed ahead. They were heading for the beach. "You always said you wanted to go to the beach on a clear night. So here we go."

Anzu leaned over the seat and kissed Yami on the cheek. "Guys this is so great! You guys didn't have to do any of this. The car was even too much."

Yami stopped the car and got out. "Now c'mon Anzu." he lifted her out of the car. "This night is just for you, don't go saying things like that." they all ran down to the beach.



"Ah!" Anzu and Serenity ran up the beach, keeping away from the water that was washing up the shore. The guys ran after them, but they weren't screaming, they decided that the girls was doing enough for all of them.

"Watch out Serenity!" Anzu yelled with a laugh, she jumped on Serenity's back and knocked her to the sand.

"Whoa?!" Serenity laughed took a deep breath. "Great sneak attack Anzu!"

Anzu climbed up off Serenity and helped her to her feet. "I know." she laughed.

**

"Thanks, Yami." Anzu rested her head on his shoulder. "This has been the most wonderful night of my life." everyone had left for the night, leaving Anzu and Yami alone in the Mustang.

"It was nothing." Yami said. "I love you, the others love you too. We just wanted to do something to show it to you."

Anzu closed her eyes and kissed Yami on the lips. She broke the kiss and looked at him. "I love you...so much." she said smiling. "And I always will, nothing will tear us apart."





Later on that night they were driving back into the city, Yami had his arm around Anzu's shoulder, and they were listening to music over the radio. The rest happened too fast. Bright lights came speeding towards them, a screeching of tires, and the crunching of breaking metal was heard all over the city.

Yami found himself lying on the road, looking over at the two mangled cars. Then he saw Anzu, she was trapped under the cars, and she was screaming. The powerful sound of the pain that came from Anzu's voice made Yami forget about his own pain.

He jumped up and limped over to Anzu, he got down on his stomach and held Anzu's hand. "Anzu...Anzu...speak to me..." he said. "Oh god....Anzu."

Yami..." Anzu groaned and looked at him. Blood trickled from her mouth. "I love you...." she coughed, then her lead fell to one side, and her cold, lifeless eyes stared Yami in the face.

Wild tears rolled down Yami's cheeks. He kissed Anzu on the lips and rested his forehead in her hair. Rain started to pour down, and it flooded up the streets, but Yami stayed with her, he never left her side...

**END FLASHBACK**



When Yami came back to reality, everyone was gone from the graveyard, Yami was the only one there. He took a deep, shaken breath and walked up to Anzu's grave, and kneeled down in front of it.

"Hey...Anzu." he said, tears rolled down his cheeks. "You lied to me...you said nothing will tear us apart...now look at what happened...you down there...I'm up here."

Behind Yami a girl with brown hair, wearing a long, white dress, was watching him, and she slowly reached out and touched his shoulder. But she knew he couldn't feel it, but it just left like she should have done it...

"No..." Yami stood up. "I shouldn't be blaming you...you were right. We did go too far with your birthday..." he looked down at her grave. "Goodbye...Anzu....I love you...and I will never love anyone again...because you are the only one for me..."

When Yami turned around, the girl kissed his lips and looked at him. "I'm here for you, Yami...and I love you too." she said.

Yami stopped and looked straight ahead. He felt something cold brush across his lips, he looked around. "Anzu..." he said. "I must be going crazy, Anzu isn't here."

"Yes I am..." Anzu said, by the look on Yami's face, she knew that he heard her, and also...saw her.

"Oh my god, Anzu!" Yami rapped his arms around her tightly. "Your alive...I..."

Anzu gently pushed Yami away. "No I'm not..." she said.

"What are you talking about?" Yami asked. "Your right here."

"I came here to tell you that what I said was true." Anzu said. "I will always be here, nothing can tear us apart...I love you, and I must leave." tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Anzu...please don't' leave me..." Yami said. "I won't be able to go on."

"Yes you will." Anzu said. "I can see you going on with your life, adopting a child, and being happy. And when your time comes, we'll be together again."

"Do you promise?" Yami asked.

Anzu kissed Yami on the lips and smiled. "I do..." with that she disappeared.

Yami smiled and looked around. "Thanks Anzu." he said. "And I believe you this time." Yami walked out of the graveyard, not knowing that Anzu was right there, holding his hand.