Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Struggles ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: hmmm…alright who wants to do the disclaimer? * looks around room* Anyone??

Bakura: don't look at me…im not doing it..ask him * points to Seto *

Seto: Your gonna listen to him? A mediocre 5000 year old tomb robber?

Bakura: WHAT?! MEDIOCORE?? I'LL BANISH YOU TO THE SHAWDOW RELAM!!

* rolls eyes and looks at ryou* you wanna do it?

Ryou: sure…*smiles happily* ..ok…*ahem* …umm…* whispers * what should I say?

Oy…fine just let me do it then….I don't own Yu-gi-oh or any of that other crap that goes along with it, I'm

not making any sort of money off of this to please don't sue…I'm poor enough as it is

Now on with this story…

"note"

"…" words spoken aloud

Chapter 1

*From Ryou's POV*

I sat at my desk staring blankly and waiting for class to finally start. How I hated Math. I was never very good at it, but sure I tried my best that's all that can be asked of me, right? The bell finally sounded and everyone quickly rushed to his or her respective seats as the teacher started taking attendance. I glanced around the classroom until my eyes fell upon a familiar face. He was sitting alone as usual. I could tell none of the others liked him, they thought he was snotty or stuck up. He had a certain walk about him, it was like he had an invisable cloak around him that protected him from their comments. He didn't care what they said to him for in his eyes they were nothing ….peons. He sat with an emotionless expression, those icy blue eyes that could pierce anyone's soul, just stared at the computer screen. No one would dare go near him; maybe it was the way he belittled everyone who attempted to befriend him or his cold exterior, all I know is that Seto Kaiba was not a person you messed with.

"Maybe someone just needs to talk to him, get to know him better?" I thought aloud. I took out a piece of binder paper and scribbled down the words,

"Hey Seto, what's up?"

crumpled the note into a little tightly formed ball and threw it at him, whacking him on the head. The brunette looked at the ball and sneered opening slowly and began to read the message. To my surprise he actually wrote back, in a fine precise script he simply stated,

"Leave me alone."

I looked at him puzzled and wrote down,

"Why?"

and chucked it back. Luckily the teacher was too involved with helping another student to realize what was really going on. "Grrr…", Seto muttered to himself and replied.

"Aren't you suppose to be paying attention?"

and lightly tossed the paper ball back.

"Yeah, I guess but this course is boring. Don't you think so?"

I scribbled and tossed the now tattered ball back to the CEO and waited for his response.

"No, I have an A+ in this course" I read aloud. "Hmmm…" I thought, as the bell to end class sounded. I watched as the young CEO as he grabbed his laptop and trudged out the door.

I quickly picked up my books and walked out the classroom door. "Hey Ryou!" shouted the small multi-coloured hair boy. "Oh hi Yugi!" I replied. "What's new?" he inquired. "Nothing much, just heading to the library to study." I lied. "Oh …well…Joey Tea, Tristan, and me are heading to the Cafeteria and we might hang around outside for a bit, so if you get tired studying you will know where to find us" Yugi happily responded. "Alright" I said with a half smile. Honestly I really didn't feel like hanging out and goofing off like always, but I'd never tell Yugi or the rest of the gang that. " I guess I will see you later then!" Yugi yelled and trotted down the hallway to catch up with the others that had been patiently waiting for him.

I sighed and closed my locker door lightly only for it to pop back open and whack me in the face. "Awww man", I said painfully and tenderly rubbed my soon to be black and blue nose.

"You have to close it harder" came a cold monotone voice from across the hall. I turned to meet the icy stare of the one, Seto Kaiba. "Uhh…thanks…I think", I responded cautiously. Seto Kaiba, giving me advice…no wait, helping me? Sure I appreciated it but this is Seto Kaiba we are talking about here, why would he want to help me? Hell, why would he want to help anybody, I theorized. Maybe deep down he really did have a heart.

"Don't even conjure or misconstrue the obvious advice I just gave you for actual concern about you or an attempt to be friendly" said the CEO as he crossed his arms and gave a slight smirk. "Of course not", I replied, nodding in agreement and shifting uneasily.

"Hmph!" was the tall brunette's counter as he turned his back to me and mumbled something I couldn't hear. "I guess I will cya around then?" I petitioned. "Whatever" was his flat response as he took his briefcase and left without another word. I sighed and headed for the track outside. Not that I exercised or anything but there was this shady maple tree I always sat under to help me relax and take my mind off things.

The day continued on like always, teachers lectures, homework up the wazoo, Joey getting sent to the vice principal's office, just to name a few…a regular day in other words.

I walked home solemnly not really saying a word to the others. "What's wrong Ryou?" implored Tristan. "Yeah you're quiet Ryou, what's eatin' ya?" Joey urged. "Nothing.." I stated half-heartedly. "Are you sure?" questioned Tea. "Yupp" I insisted and flashed a quick smile just to reassure them nothing was the matter. But secretly deep down there was something bothering me. I just couldn't get my mind off of that one individual, the individual who could make anyone uneasy. Kaiba. I don't know what it was, whenever I was around him I almost felt…happy? Nervous? Maybe both at the same time…is that possible? Oh well. "This is my street guys," I piped up breaking the ackward silence that had befallen moments earlier. "Alright Ryou, I guess I will cya tomorrow then," a perky voice squeaked from about a foot south of me. "Ya, cya Yugi….bye guys," I replied and gave a quick wave. "Cya", the three said in unison.

Well….what did u think? Not that bad so far…I mean..this is my first fic.

Bakura: Where the fucking hell was I?

Ryou: please Bakura….watch your language

Sigh* ur in the next chapter…hell the whole next chapter is from your POV

Bakura: that's more like it *gives a satisfied smile*

Seto: Hey…what about me? Don't I get a chapter from MY POV??

Later…have patience

Seto: nobody loves me ..*tear*

Awww….i love you Seto…*hugs Seto tightly*

Ryou: * sniff sniff* I'm so alone….Bakura hold me…*jumps into Bakura's arms*

Bakura: HEY!! Jeez Ryou…GET THE HELL OFF ME!!

Tee hee* anyhoo…REVIEW PLEASE!! OH YEAH…SEND ME SOME IDEAS TOO!! THANKS