Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Is This One-Sided Love...? ❯ The Revelation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just got this idea to write this... For this chapter, pretend it's after Marik controlled Jou's mind to duel Yuugi... Kaiba/Jou

-

His eyes widened, and his heart rate sped up even more than it has during the duel. Jounouchi... why... how could he do this?? He wanted so badly to go out there and help him, but what would everyone else think? Either way, someone beat him to it... Shizuka.

Still filled with worry for the blond, he hoped everything would be okay, and prayed that Shizuka will save him in time.

(Mizu no oto...) [1]

-Kaiba's POV-

Shizuka got him to surface and he seemed well enough... Thank god. Why am I so worried anyway? I could've just left. I don't care at all what happens to these bunch of losers. But...

Shizuka got Jounouchi to land and Honda helped her out of the water... But I got there before anyone could get my puppy out. If anyone was going to help him now, it was going to be me. ... Not that it's much, but at least I can do something for him. He looks at me questioningly as I extended my hand to him.

"Come on, are you getting out, or are you going to stay in that water longer?" I said, trying to sound irritated, even though I know that he knows that I wouldn't be doing this if I were irritated.

"No..." He took my hand and I pulled him out onto the ground. Everyone was probably staring at me by now with those looks... Great, what have I got myself into? At least Mokuba won't look at me in any way, since he actually WANTS me to act this way.

Jounouchi... He was all wet from the water, but something surprised me. I could tell the water was quite cold indeed. But as he took hold of my hand to get out, his felt really warm. Is this what it feels like when you're attracted to someone? Nah, can't be. Probably his body temperature was just high. I pulled him out, a bit unconsciously. Soon I notice him staring at me strangely.

"What?" I asked.

"You can let go now..." he said.

I was confused for a second but then realized I was still holding onto his hand. I let go, trying to act natural. I just know everyone else is staring at me now... great... Just what I needed… a suspicious crew.

"Thanks," Katsuya smiled at me and stood up. I was at the verge of blushing... Imagine that. Wait a second... Did I call him by his first name just now?

Either way, I stood up. Shizuka was now hugging him... lucky her... I wish I were that close to him... From everyone here, I'm the least close to him...

They all start chatting... I'm not really listening; I'm just hearing his voice. What he's saying isn't the important thing anyway. I just want to hear him... At least everyone is paying attention to him now and not me...

-End POV-

=Night=

Katsuya returned to the location that night. He couldn't fall asleep and somehow this place seemed like a good enough place to be right now and think. The moon shone vividly at the water there.

`I'm so happy about Shizuka! I missed her so much this way!'

-Katsuya's POV-

Aw, whom am I kidding? I'm not bothered by that at all. I came here to think about someone... else...

I hear footsteps behind me, and then a very familiar voice I've heard earlier today. "What are you doing up? And here? Shouldn't you be asleep?"

I sigh to myself. Kaiba... "Look, is there some rule why I shouldn't be here? Cause if there is, I never heard of it before."

He looked at me confused. "No... It's just past your curfew," he said, smirking.

I let out a soft growl. Damn him... What does he take me for anyway?? "What about YOU??" I ask.

He blinked once or twice... "What ABOUT me?" he asked. He just likes to see me suffer, doesn't he? I sighed.

"You know what I'm talking about."

He nodded. "Yeah, I know. I couldn't sleep."

"You sleep?" I asked sarcastically.

"Of course. I'm not an idiot, you know."

"You aren't?" I asked. "No, you're right. You're not an idiot, you're just rich."

"Did anyone ever tell you how weird you are sometimes?" he asked.

"Nope, it's probably just you."

This was really new... We never really talked before... This feels really weird... I let out a slight shiver to the night's chill and to the awkwardness.

"What's the matter? Cold?" he asked.

"No. Just feeling awkward."

"Why? You want me to leave?"

I shook my head. "It's your choice. I'm not to tell you what to do and what not to do..."

I could feel him smirk. "Well I can tell you what to do."

Darn him... "Leave me alone."

He just kept on looking like that. "No can do," he said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Eh...?"

"You just said you're not to tell me what to do..."

He catches everything, doesn't he? "Whatever," I said, and looked back out at the ocean. It was shining very brightly. And cold... I heard some shuffling behind me, and suddenly something was thrown over me. `What the...?' I thought. I turned around to face him, and noticed his trench coat was now on me. I have no idea what's going through his head now...

"You were cold," he said simply and shifted his position to sit down next to me.

"Aren't you?"

He shook his head. "I'll live."

And I won't?? This guy keeps on confusing me.

We sit in silence for what seemed like hours, but was actually about fifteen minutes. I finally decide to break the silence by getting up. "I better get to bed..."

He got up right after me. I could see he was having a hard time deciding what to say next. I stare into his azure orbs until he finally decides to speak.

"Well... goodnight then, Katsuya-"

My eyes widened. Why did he have to call me that?? What was he thinking??

"I'm sorry..." he said. I continued my gaze at him. "Um... goodnight..."

I nod. "Night... oh, your trench coat..."

"Keep it. I got plenty."

Is it just me, or is he acting strangely today? Better not think of it. I nodded and was about to turn around when he spoke.

"I was worried..." Huh? "Today when..." He stopped talking and I understood what this was about... I also understood another thing I don't think I'm ready for...

"Thanks," I said, and turned around fast, starting to walk away, only to be stopped when he grabbed my wrist. Great... I stopped walking but didn't turn around yet. I'm not ready for what I think is coming...

He spoke. "I like you, Katsuya."

I quickly turn around to look at him and shook my head. "No... It's a mistake... I shouldn't be here..."

"It's not a mistake, I seriously do!" he yelled at me.

I shook my head sadly. "Sorry... Can't say I feel the same..." He let go and I ran off from him. To where I was running, I had no idea, just anywhere to get away from him. Why…? This wasn't supposed to happen… And it's not like it'll work out anyway… I saw that coming though…

-Kaiba's POV-

Damn him… Why'd he do this to me?? How could he?? …No… No reason to blame him… This is my fault… My fault… He looked like he was expecting it though… I hate this position… I should've known he'd never feel the same way!!

I ran off in the opposite direction wanting to forget everything that's happened.

-End POV-

=End of Chapter=

[1] - `Mizu no oto' is an expression for `splash'. It literally means sound of water in Japanese.