Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Is This One-Sided Love...? ❯ The Rain ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

IMPORTANT ABOUT THE SETTING OF CHAPTER!!!!!!! - Okay, after the whole Kaiba tournament BUT with changes!! Nobody actually got hurt in the end. The hikari and yami did NOT face off to the death!! (If you saw this...) Let's just say it was a normal tournament basically… As normal as can get... and now the people were living normal teenage lives… well, as normal as they can get...

-

Katsuya was walking down the streets of Domino one day after school. Everything has been `normal' between him and Kaiba since that day... things were back to the way they used to be... but he still felt different... he was never actually in a situation in which someone liked him as more than a friend, especially if it was a guy.

`Maybe I should have given him a chance… But I'm not even sure if I'm gay or not...'

It started to pour down... heavily. Katsuya was far from home so he decided to take shelter in the closest place… which he soon realized to be the Kaiba household. Well, what has he got to lose? He rang the doorbell, and waited for the door to be opened. He was soaked by now and wasn't liking it.

The door opened and a maid was at the door. "May I ask who this is? Is Kaiba-sama expecting you?"

"No… no… just… I need to get in…"

"I'm sorry. I am prohibited of letting uninvited guests in," she said.

"Well... Tell Kaiba..." He'd regret this but he had no control over what he was saying. "Tell him Katsuya's at the door."

"Okay but I'll have to close the door until he comes down here."

Katsuya nodded.

In about 3 minutes, Kaiba opened the door, seemingly shocked, and was even more shocked to see Katsuya there soaked. "Don't just stand there, come in! You're soaked!"

"Gee, I didn't know that..." Katsuya mumbled. "Sorry if I'm interrupting something important... it started pouring down and this was the closest place... and I live far from here."

"You didn't interrupt anything," Kaiba said.

Talk about `normal'... This wasn't `normal' at all... But Katsuya liked it.

Kaiba went out of the living room and returned with a towel. Katsuya took it and dried off his hair with it.

"Don't you watch the weather channel? It said it's gonna be flooding heavily non-stop," Kaiba said.

"Great... Now my home's gonna be flooded again..." he mumbled.

"What?" Kaiba asked, not really hearing, with the sound of the rain being louder than Katsuya's voice.

"Nothing..."

"No, you said something," Kaiba said.

"I just said my home's gonna be flooded again... nothing important..."

"Not important? Well, you can stay here," he was cut off.

"No! I mean, uh... Thanks and all but... I can't," Katsuya said.

"I see... Well, if you need any help with anything, tell me," Kaiba said.

"Yeah, thanks..."

"How are you getting home?" Kaiba asked.

"When the rain stops... it shouldn't take THAT long, right?"

"Well, according to the weather channel, it'll stop some time tomorrow," Kaiba said matter-of-factly.

"Tomorrow!? Damn, I'm doomed," Katsuya sighed.

"So will you be staying over night?" Kaiba asked.

"I guess... no... no, I can't..."

"Why not?"

"My dad... he's not gonna like that... especially since he's at home."

"Well, he could stay here as well...?" Kaiba asked.

"No!! You don't need him here, trust me!"

"I can drive you home?"

Katsuya sighed. `No way is he gonna see the condition of my place...' "No thanks... I have to get home on my own..."

"How will you do that?"

"Come on, a little rain has never stopped me before," Katsuya said.

"...It's six inches already and its going up fast."

Katsuya sighed. "Well then driving is out of the question as well."

"How come you can't stay? Your dad will understand..."

"You don't know him... How could you say that?" He wasn't about to tell Kaiba what his dad was like.

"Well the worst he could do is yell at you a little, isn't it?" Kaiba said, trying to make a point.

`Yell at me a little? In my dreams...' "Yeah... I guess..." he lied.

"Come on. I'll give you something to change into for the night," Kaiba said. "Oh and I'll give you a spare room."

Jou nodded. "Thanks..."

Kaiba showed him to his room and went to get him some clothes. When he returned, he handed him a white t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants.

"Wow, I didn't know you had normal clothes," Jou mumbled.

"Why wouldn't I?"

Jou shrugged. `As long as he doesn't see my wounds...'

Kaiba left the room for him to change...

-Kaiba's POV-

I closed his door, and realized it had a window on top. I really shouldn't... But I can't stop myself... I looked into the window from the corner of my eye and watch what he's doing. Damn I'm perverted, aren't I?

I see him take off his jacket and my eyes widen at what I see. His back had a long slash going all the way down to his lower back from his shoulder. I see a few more injuries but they seem less major, although they're still big. Who did this to him!? I'll make sure they pay...

Then it all began to slowly make sense... His father did this to him! That's why he was so worried about him... and I made him call. Damn, I'm such an idiot!!!

I stood with my back against the wall as I slapped my forehead. What am I supposed to do now...? If I tell Katsuya I know, then he'd know I was eavesdropping on him and he'll be angry at me... but if I don't and pretend like I don't know anything, I'll be lying to him... But he won't know... So I think I'll go with the second choice... I think...

The door suddenly opened and my Katsuya came out, apparently surprised to see me still standing there.

"Oh you're still here? Where's your room?" he asked.

I pointed to the room nearly across from his. "That. Mokuba's is over there, the next door," I said, pointing to the right of my room.

"Cool," he said, and we were surrounded by an uncomfortable silence. Then I heard something and looked at him questioningly. "Sorry. I'm just hungry I guess."

I smiled to myself. "Want some dinner then?"

Jou nodded rapidly, grinning. Heh... he's so cute like that! "What'll Mokuba think?"

"Of what?"

"Me staying here?"

"Oh... He'll be happy..." I said but then added to myself. `And probably gonna try ruining my life by trying to hook us up... It's not gonna work, if only he could see that!'

"Seto!!!!!" came a frantic yell as Mokuba ran over from his room. "Oh hey Katsuya-kun. Seto!!!!!!!!"

"What???" I asked. Enough screaming my name... but he's so cute... I love him so much... Mokuba... he's the only one who truly understands me...

"Wait... will Katsuya be staying over all day tomorrow??" he asked.

"Only till the flooding stops," Katsuya said.

"Oh..." Mokuba looked kinda sad. "Can't you stay longer?"

"How long...?" Katsuya asked.

"Like, till after Tuesday?" Mokuba pleaded.

"Uhh... I don't think I can..." Katsuya said.

"Wait, Mokuba," I said. "Don't you have a school dance on Tuesday? Aren't you going?"

"Well I thought about it but..." he looked down at the ground.

"You don't have to go. I think they're a waste of time," I said.

"Can I skip school?"

"What!?" Ok, what is this all about...?

"Well... There's this bully in my school and..." Mokuba quieted down.

Oh, so this is what it's all about... But before I could answer Katsuya does.

"Well don't let him get to you!! Stand up to him!!"

"I tried," Mokuba said.

"Lemme meet him!!!" Katsuya exclaimed. "I'll show him not to mess with you!!"

"Can't I just hang out with Katsuya?? I'm too smart for my school anyway!" Mokuba said cutely.

"You can't skip school, Mokuba... But don't worry. I'll give your principal a call and make sure things are straightened out. I'll make sure of it..." I said.

"Thank you Seto!!" He hugged me. I smiled slightly and hugged him back. "So can Katsuya still stay???"

"Mokuba I can't..." Katsuya said.

"Why not, Jou?" I asked, although I knew the reason.

"I don't feel like talking about it. Especially not in Mokuba's presence... although..." He seemed deep in thought suddenly.

~Narrative POV~

"You're staying over night right??" Mokuba asked. Katsuya nodded. "Yay!! Can you come play some games with me or something??"

"After dinner," Seto said. "Come on, I'm sure Jou is hungry."

The three of them walked down to have dinner. "What are we having?" Jou asked.

"Well, I gave the workers a day off from cooking so... I'll have to cook something up," Seto said.

"You cook!?" Jou exclaimed.

"Yes."

"Wow, I thought you always had everything done for you," Jou said.

Kaiba just nodded and went to the kitchen while Mokuba and Jou sat down at the table. They chatted about random things and decided to talk more in private when they went up to Mokuba's room. Not after too long, Mokuba got up to help Seto get the table set. Jou wanted to help, but Mokuba told him to stay seated.

Mokuba put three plates on the table, along with three sets of chopsticks, and carried in some shrimp, while Seto brought a large tray with teriyaki chicken and rice.

Mokuba sat next to Jou, and Seto sat across from them. Jou basically drooled over the delicious looking food. "WOW YOU MADE THIS!?!?"

"Yep! Seto's a great cook! Even better than the one he hired, but he's usually too busy to cook," the young Kaiba said proudly. "Eat up!"

Jou immediately got a plate full of food and started eating at an extremely rapid speed.

"Wow, you sure don't look like you eat as much as you do," Seto said.

Jou paused stuffing food into his mouth to answer. "Yeah I'm just lucky I guess," he said and continued stuffing himself. "Uhh... Kaiba?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I have seconds?" Jou asked.

"Sure, why not?"

"YAY! I should come here more often and make you cook for me and Mokuba!"

Seto blushed slightly at the thought of cooking for Katsuya. Just for him... He looked down at his plate and realized he was barely half way through his first.

After Jou was done with his second plate, he was full enough. "That was so good..."

"I'm done, wanna go up to my room now?" Mokuba asked. Jou nodded. "Seto wanna come?"

"I'll just be in my room," Seto said, getting up. "But I'll go upstairs with you."

"Come on!" Mokuba led the way as Seto and Jou followed behind a little slower.

"You'd usually just run ahead," Seto said, raising an eyebrow.

"I just ate. It's not good for you to move too much after eating, or it won't digest properly," Jou said.

"Wow, I didn't know you knew so much," Seto smirked.

"I'm usually so energetic because I don't eat a lot. But when I do, I slow down."

"Mokuba!" Seto called. The younger Kaiba turned around. "You can stay up till 11 today since school is cancelled tomorrow."

"YAY! I LOVE YOU SETO!!!" Those words really meant a lot to Seto... "Come on Jou so we'll have more time to play!"

"Okay," Jou said, waving to Seto and catching up with Mokuba, before entering his room.

Seto just sighed and decided to get an early sleep today.

~

Mokuba and Jou were sitting on the bed thinking about what to talk about until Mokuba spoke up. "You know that Seto likes you right?"

"Yeah..."

"I think you should give him a chance. He's a really great person once you get to know him!"

"Yeah... I was thinking about it..."

"Then what's the problem?"

"Well... you know my father... he always beats me for every wrong thing I do... heh, when I get home I'm really getting something."

"Then just don't go... stay here, I'm sure Seto will love it and I definitely will."

"I don't know..."

"You're like the best friend I always wanted," Mokuba said quietly. "I want it to be more, like more like brothers..."

Jou hugged Mokuba, receiving a hug back from the kid. "You know I love you right?"

"Yeah. I love you too, Katsuya," Mokuba said.

The played some games and talked until it was about 10:30.

"I think I should go to sleep now," Mokuba said. "Kinda tired."

"Kay. Good night," Katsuya said. Mokuba gave him a good night hug and he left the room so Mokuba could get some sleep, as well as himself.

Jou walked back into his room and after taking a shower lay down in his bed, closing his eyes.

~

Please review!