Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Is This One-Sided Love...? ❯ The Thunder ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was around 12 when a loud noise was heard as a thunderstorm began.

Jou quickly sat up, startled. `Great, I'm not getting any sleep tonight...' Another thunder was heard, this time louder. `Why am I scared of this?? There's nothing to be scared of, Katsuya!!' He sighed. Everyone had their fears, this was one of his.

Adding to the noise of the thunder, he suddenly heard some footsteps in the hall. `Pleeeease tell me that's Mokuba or Seto!!' Jou pleaded mentally, getting out of bed and walking toward the door and opening it slowly. To his relief, it was Mokuba, by Seto's door. `Must have been scared.'

"Katsuya-kunn..." Mokuba looked at him with scared eyes. "You couldn't sleep either?"

"Yeah... I know it's stupid but... I get scared from thunder."

"It's not stupid. I sleep with Seto when there are thunderstorms. He doesn't mind. Come on," Mokuba said, opening the door to Seto's room.

"What!?" Jou exclaimed in a whisper. `What did he mean be come on??'

Mokuba walked into Seto's room. "Nii-chann..." Jou just remained standing at the door, not knowing what he was supposed to do right now. Seto scooted over to make room for his little brother. Mokuba whispered softly to him. "Jou's scared of the thunder too..."

Seto looked over to Jou who was at the door and let out a sigh, but with a smile. "Come on..." He scooted over more, making room for Jou as well.

Jou still was uncertain as to what to do, and slowly walked into the room, closing the door behind him. Then he stopped walking and looked at the two brothers.

Seeing his uncertainty, Mokuba got up from the bed and went over to Jou. "Come on Katsuya-kun," he said, pulling him to the bed by the hand. Jou just followed, still a little unsure. Mokuba lay down and snuggled up to Seto, as Jou sat next to him, looking at Kaiba, as if asking for permission. Kaiba nodded and Jou lay down under the covers next to Mokuba.

"Get some sleep, both of you," Seto said.

Mokuba turned to Jou. "See, told you he was really nice." Jou just smiled, as did Seto at hearing that.

The three went to sleep, but not for long. Another loud thunder was heard, but this time Jou was awakened by shuffling next to him. He opened his eyes slightly and saw Mokuba sitting up along with Seto. "What's wrong?" he asked, as Mokuba crossed Seto to get out of bed.

"He needs to use the bathroom," Seto said silently.

"Oh..."

"I forgot he sometimes needs to go at night..."

"You're really lucky to have each other," Jou said.

"Don't you have a sister? Shizuka?" Seto asked.

"She lives with my mom. Far away from me."

"Oh I see..."

"Whenever there's a thunderstorm I just stay up all night."

Mokuba returned from the bathroom, this time with a blue eyes white dragon plushy. "I think I should sleep on the edge in case I need to go again," Mokuba said.

Seto nodded and moved over a bit so that he was in the middle now. He paused and looked at Jou. "You don't mind... right?"

Jou shook his head. "It's your bed." Mokuba sat next to Seto, when another loud thunder was heard and both Jou and Mokuba clutched their heads. Seto put one arm around Mokuba and the other around Jou's shoulder.

When it was gone, Seto lay back down on the bed, face up. "Come on, get some sleep. I'm here you'll be safe."

Mokuba snuggled up to Seto, and Jou got a bit closer too, facing him. In almost no time at all, the three of them had fallen asleep.

~Jou's thoughts~

I'm in his room... I never thought I'd feel so warm and safe next to him. I wish I could always do this when there's a storm outside... Now that I think about it, I do want to stay here instead of going home. But if my dad finds me, he'll kill me. Literally. I think I'll give Seto a chance... I'll tell him tomorrow... maybe...

~Seto's thoughts~

He's in my room... Next to me... On my bed... And so is Mokuba... The two most important people in my life are right here with me, wanting my protection. I'll make sure I give them my best protection.

~Mokuba's thoughts~

I love Seto! He's the best big brother anyone could ask for!!!!! I just hope Jou realizes that. I want them both to be happy. I love them.

~

They slept the rest of the night in silence, all feeling warm and safe.

~

Review Please!