Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ It's Easier to Run ❯ finale ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Easier to Run

Finale

Serenity ran past the Kaiba Mansion as soon and as fast as she could. How dare he take a look at her diary? KAIBA WAS just being a real jerk! To think that now he knew everything, including all her thoughts about Yugi and HIM, every second that passed was way more painful than the last; every minute that flew by seemed like an endless torture. She couldn't even see where she was running to. She'd just knew she'd get lost sooner or later. Somehow that was not her top priority at the moment. Serenity just wanted to kick Kaiba, so badly it almost hurt…..

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Mokuba is going to kill me! Seto thought as he paced around his room. I can't believe I did that. Damn, Mokuba is going to kill me! Well after Yugi and his friendship gang stomp me.... I can't believe she actually even liked me. I can't believe I like her too. Man, if I don't do something quickly, Mokuba's going to kill me… Ugh. Not to mention Yugi and that friendship wannabe. "Oh! Damn! I can't take this. Ra today's not my day!" he said as he grabbed his trench coat and sped outside.

-Minutes Later-

Big Brother! Where are you going! Seto! Mokuba screamed at his brother as he watched him rush in his blue convertible. Unfortunately, Seto was in too much of a rush to actually notice his brother.

After half an hour of running Serenity was exhausted, somehow all that running had cooled her ill-temper a bit. She was now outside of a rather large building that looked rather old. Serenity hadn't a clue to where in Domino was she, but what the heck. It was the only decent place she could rest. There weren't too much passersby either, one or two that casually walked through. She had to think where in the world she was going to rest, or rather where was she before heading somewhere. OH DAMN! She mumbled as raindrops began to pour. Today was definitely not her DAY!

-Where could that girl be!- Seto Kaiba thought while driving. I swear it hasn't been too long and I still can't even find her. Wheeler couldn't have run that fast. "Ugh… Just what I needed" he said as rain began to pour. I won't be able to see anything! I'd be better if I started to rush before it gets worse. Were could she possibly go, I don't think she's stupid enough to go running back to her home. Maybe, Yugi's--- wait--- probably not cause she knows she'll have to explain to Yugi what had happened. Just then a glimpse of red-hair caught her attention. Even though the rain made it almost impossible to distinguish properly, her petite figure was unmistakable. She wore her usual clothes, a pink tank top, a short and her sneakers. She also looked soaked, somewhat tired, but he couldn't tell if she really was crying because her face was resting on her legs. Kaiba sighed deeply before opening the car's door and began his way towards Serenity.

Serenity, who still was not aware that Kaiba was heading towards her, just tried to think of her future plans. "Wheeler, care to talk?" Seto asked Serenity as he mentally prepared himself to hear insults. Serenity, who raised her head from her knees and -as she recognized the speaker- was about to run, but was held back by Seto's grip on her right wrist. "Let me go! You jerk! You're hurting me!" Serenity screamed as she tried to free herself. "Listen Serenity! You're not making this any easier! I'm here to apologize for the stupid conduct I had before! Why don't we just forget about it and act as if it never happened!" Seto CALMY STATED at Serenity. "There's no way I'm going to forget it Kaiba, Mokuba begged you to come! Isn't that right Kaiba! You're a real jerk! How dare you read my PERSONAL DIARY!" Serenity said as she glared back. "Listen, Wheeler I said I was sorry! If you still can't accept that, then there's no point to this conversation, plus I came on my own free will Mokuba didn't force me to either. Are you happy now!" Seto said as he felt his temper rising again. Damn! He liked this woman better when she had no voice!

Serenity had remained quiet for a brief period of time before answering Kaiba. Seto Kaiba why did you do it? Serenity asked in a low voice.

Kaiba took a deep sigh before answering the question. But he felt he couldn't bring himself to answer it. A few moments later Seto responded: I guess I was curious…

Curious? Really, and did you like what you read- huh did you like it? She asked. Now Serenity's temper had returned and she was now tear-stricken and very angry! She desperately tried to slap him, but Seto easily caught her left hand before she could even touch him. Kaiba let me go! Let me go! Serenity desperately said as she tried to wiggle her way out to no avail.

Kaiba, now held Serenity by both of her hands. He began to notice how pretty she was especially when she was very mad. Amazingly, Kaiba pulled her closer and then kissed her. Catching Serenity very much SURPRISED. He slowly started deepening the kiss and she found herself responding back. After a few moments, that seemed an eternity to both, he resumed the kiss. Serenity was speechless… but a low - Why? - managed to escape her lips. "Wheeler, is it me or you always question other people's motives". Seto commented sarcastically while managing a slight smile. Serenity just sighed while Seto kissed her forehead and said "Let's go home. Serenity"…

Author's Comment/s: I guess I'm leaving it up till here. Dunno if I get lots of requests I'll probably write the epilogue. -Yes people I am VERY LAZY!-