Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Join the Dead ❯ The End of Life ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bakura ran with haste back to the location of his hikari. Ryou had called out to him through the mind link, before it was cut off. He managed to find a machete to arm himself with. As he approached the building, where the slimy slug Haga held his hikari, Bakura noticed that the door was ajar and silence seeped into the air around it. Walking through the door, being careful not to make any unnecessary noises, Bakura was welcomed with the smell of blood and death. In the middle of the living area lay Haga's dead and severely mutilated body. Several stab wounds littered what was left of the body, and the arm still attached to the body. Bloody footprints and chunks of flesh mimicked a trail of breadcrumbs to where Bakura had last seen his hikari.
Rushing through the duplex and down the basement stairs, he discovered a missing Ryou. Parts of the torn clothing still inhabited the couch that Ryou had been laying on. Checking the mind link once again he heard, and felt nothing. Deciding to scout the rest of the area for clues on his hikari's whereabouts, Bakura climbed back up the stairs. The kitchen was bland of anything of immediate value; the only thing worth anything were several more pieces of flesh, presumably from Haga. Walking back into the living area to examine the body, Bakura noticed something that he missed before in his panic. On the wall furthest from where the rotting body lied were Haga's legs as well as a message addressed to him.
We have your
Hikari, Bakura
He's home.
The message immediately clicking inside his head Bakura abandoned the weapon and vacated the building. The roads were desolate and free from any visible dead, as he ran towards his home that he shared with his lovers when they were breathing. Slamming down the front door Bakura shouted for Ryou.
“Bakura!” Ryou's voice echoed from upstairs.
“Ryou! Where are you?!” Bakura yelled jumping up three steps at a time before entering the master bedroom. “Ryou?” He said again as he walked further into the room. Hearing the door to the room shut behind him, he quickly turned around.
“Hi, Bakura.” Ryou waved to his yami, blood dripping off the wound on his paler than normal arm. He smiled and walked forward towards Bakura. “We had it all wrong, Bakura. We never had to worry about becoming a mindless corpse.” Ryou nudged Bakura down onto the bed that he was standing by.
“What?!” Bakura questioned and was rewarded with a smile before Ryou climbed on top of him and straddled him.
“Join us, Bakura! Being dead is amazing.”
“You know I can't do that, Ryou.”
“You don't want to be with us anymore, Bakura?” He pouted and sniffled, forming some crocodile tears in the corner of his eyes.
“Us?”
“Hehehe,” Ryou giggled, losing the tears “Marik, Malik and, I silly. We are all like this, and we are better than those out there. Remember all that shadow magic we've been around and a part of these last few year? Weeellllll, it alters the effect of the Breakout, making us better than the rest of the dead.”
“Better, how does being a talking corpse make you better, Ry?”
“Silly, `Kura, we are better because we can control the limiters on the brain, the ones that only allowed us to access ten percent. Meaning, we are as strong or smart as we want to be at any given time. We won't have to worry about a decomposing body either because we can use shadow magic to preserve our bodies. It's great, Bakura. We have everything we could ever want and the only thing we are missing is you.”
“If you're smarter than the rest of the dead, why did Malik attack Marik?” Bakura questioned.
“Initial hunger, I had it too, but once it passes it's eat and kill whoever you want. Join us, Bakura. You don't really have a choice but we would love if you were willing like I was.”
“Willing?” Ryou just smiled and nodded at his questioning before he started to grind against Bakura's sensitive area.
“Marik and Malik can be quite persuasive when they want to be.” He purred into Bakura's ear. The door to the room squeaked as it was opened. Standing in the doorway was Marik and Malik, their once vibrant tan skin was pale compared to their norm. Their golden blond hair was a few shades lighter than normal, and their eyes held bloodlust deep within them.
“We already have your first meal for you in the next room, Bakura. It's a miracle he's still alive and uninfected by the Breakout, but nevertheless he is waiting for you.” Marik said smirking while leaning against the door frame.
“Bakura, it can be everything we already had plus more. Anything you could ever desire can be yours too.” Ryou's grinding became rougher and more sensual as he spoke causing Bakura to hold onto the mattress.
“Just think, Bakura, all the things you gave up upon your return to flesh can be yours again, the killing, the stealing, the freedom.”
“You are already dead, Bakura. You just have to accept it.” Malik stated who was leaning against the free side of the door frame.
`Do it for me, Bakura, if not for yourself. I don't want to be without you for the rest of eternity.' Ryou said over the mind link, halting his movement against his yami.
“… Okay … I'll do it.” Bakura agreed somewhat reluctantly. Ryou smiled and kissed Bakura on the mouth before trailing kisses across his cheeks, leading him downwards toward Bakura's neck.
“Don't worry, Bakura. It only hurts while you are dying.”