Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Its Not You Its Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Shania Twain owns That Don't Impress Me Much

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

{ is thoughs }

Sorry took so long to update my computer was down L but I'm back now

Tea controlled her sobs. {You can do this} Then She drove her car to school. Mai and Serenity were waiting for her at the entrance. They joined togheter and went to the back lot where Tristan and Joey were playing basketball. Yugi was sitting on a park bench watching them play and Duke was flirting over by the far left corner with some girls.

"Hey guys." Tea called to them. They raised a hand in recogintion and then went back to what they were doing. Tea, Mai, and Serenity sat down. Tea looked at Yugi and noticed he was wearing the millenium puzzle. She winced. Mai and Serenity noticed this.

"Tea whats say we get to class early." Serenity said. Tea nodded her head and they waved goodbye to the guys and left. Yugi looked down at the milleniun puzzle. {What was that about} Yugi mind linked to Yami. {She just needs time to adjust} Yami mind linked back. {Speaking of which Yugi all you all right} {I miss hanging out the way we used to} {I am sure things will go back to normal} {Your right Yami} {Yugi by the way I am going on another date at 8:00 if that's all right with you.} {Sure}

Tea, Mai and Serenity were walking down the hall toward class when they heard Kaiba calling out to them. Tea sighed. {What does he want} Tea decided to igonre him and went to their first hour. Kaiba stared after them. He grunted and pulled out a small box out of his locker. {I hope Tea like this. I need someone to go out with in order for the Yokuza account to even consider me, plus I've never known an another woman quite like her shes so supportive and beautiful and where did that come from, I must have been watching Mokubas stupid movies to long.} After he recollected his thoughts he went to his first class which was the same as theirs.

"I know you heard me." He said walking up to them. She just continued to read her magazine. He pushed the Magazine out of her hand. "Listen…" he suddenly looked his into her eyes. {those eyes… I could stare into those eyes all day}he thought.

"What?" she asked with a hiss. "I umm…here" he said blushing. Tea looked and pulled out a small gold oval necklace. She arched an eyebrow. She saw it could be opened so she did. Suddenly lights swirled around the room then a holographic simulator showed a ballerina dancing. She looked at Kaiba and saw he was watching her intently. She saw he was still blushing. Mai and Serenity looked at the scene in awe. Mai looked over at Kaiba and caught him staring at Tea . He looked at her then turned his head his face getting redder. Mai leaned over to Tea "looks like someone has a crush." She whispered. "Yeah, time to nip in the bud." "how." Watch."

"Kaiba why did you give this to me." "Well I'm developing these lockets to sell to people only they'll be able to program it with what they want too." "How does it work." "Well it's the same holographic techonology that was in the first duel disk… only the battery is the same that was used on the rockets that KaibaCorp made…." Tea sighed. "That doesn't tell me anything."

"I want your feedback you…" Tea snapped it in half. "Oh… look it broke." She said in mock sadness. "What a shame." She threw it in his face. "Now take this trash and go shove it some place unpleasant if you know what I mean." He narrowed his eyes. {No one talks to me like not even someone as beautiful and no focus Seto focus} ]

"Listen here you self-righteoues, useless little cheerleader you better not think you can talk to me like that, that "trash" as you put it worth more than you are, your lucky I don't make you pay for it." He hissed.

"Who do you think you are." She shouted. "You mess with my friends constantly then you think you can walk over here and give me jewelry and demand I tell you what I think about it like I am just some tool that you can use to get your way."

"I don't think you're a tool Gardner, in order to be a tool you have to be useful." "If I'm so useless then why do you have a crush on me!"

"I do not"

"Please you were blushing constantly the whole time and stared at me your eyes practically popping out of your skull."

{Was I that obvious.}he thought. "Even if I did Gardner, how would you know because if you geeks are telling the truth about an ancient sprit that resides inside that tacky jewelry Yugi always wears, then your in love with a 5000 year old ghost that takes over your friends body, so not only do you like to get with ghost you have no problems using some one whos suppose to be your friends body to get to said ghost, even though its obvious said friend feels the same way about you as the ghost pretened to." Tea slappped him across his face.

aha-yeah I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart But you've got being right down to an art You think you're a genius, you drive me up the wall You're a regular original, a "knowitall" Ohwooh, you think you're special Ohwooh, you think you're something else Ok, so you're a rocket scientist... That don't impress me much! So you got the brains, but have you got the touch? (Now) Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night That don't impress me much!

"How dare you." She said.

"Don't slap me." "Oh you didn't like that did you?" she said.

She was about to slap him again when Kaiba caught her hand. She tried her other hand but he caught her other hand.

"What's the matter Gardner, don't like people telling you the truth rather live in a fantasy world where fairy tales are real and your useful."

"Let go."

"Make me." She reached out her leg to kick him but he dodged and lost his footing they toppled on the floor and she landed on top of him there lips pressed against each other. Both of their eyes widend. They felt sparks. She rolled off him. Unwilling to believe what had just happened. Kaiba slowly got up and looked at her.

{What the… That kiss…I felt…better pretend like I hate the fact that we did this because I cant stand that jerk…can I….NO definitly not." She wiped off her mouth and started spitting. Then she pretended to start gagging. She looked up at him and saw his eyes look kind of sad for a second then go back to his usual stoic expression. Mai and Serenity quickly rescued Tea and they ran off. Kaiba got up and walked toward the trash can that Tea had pretended to be throwing up in. He looked and saw besides a crumpled up piece of paper it was completely empty. {So she was acting, she does like me maybe I should take a different approach.} He went straight home after school and called a stylist.

The next day Kaiba had a full make over he wore the school uniform only it was unbuttoned and had a white almost translucent shirt under it. His hair was put in a way better haircut then it usually was where it had been brushed out of his face and trimmed. He had on a special custom blen cologne on and the aftershave he wore mixed perfectly with it. He had grooming stuff hidden in his coat, and it was all for her. Tea walked up to her locker and he leaned against one next to it.

"Hello Gardener." Tea looked at him then gasped. He actually looked pretty nice. He caught her staring at him and smirked. It was working. "What do you want" she hissed. "I'm sorry." He said his voice low. "for the other day I mean." She gawked at him. {Is this the same Seto Kaiba?"} He looked at her. "What?" he asked. "Who are you and what did you do with the Seto Kaiba." She asked. "Why like what you see?" He said smirking at her. She blushed and turned her head. "Anyway I was wondering would you like to see Dark Magiciang Girl on Ice with me?" She looked at the ticket. "Let me think ummm no" "What why." "Cause then I'd have to talk to you and I've decided to ignore you?"

"I said I was sorry." "No its not you its me." She said teary eyed. "I just not ready for a relationship, especially with anyone who reminds of the things I did with Yami." She began crying he looked at her surprised then pulled her close to him. "I wont hurt you." He said his voice surprisingly low and soothing. She could smell his cologne and enjoyed it. She squeezed him tighter. {I wish this moment didn't have to end}they both thought at the same time. "I'm sorry." She said turning and running away. Mai and Serenity had seen the whole thing and ran after her. "Tea wait!" For the next couple of days she ignored him completely.

aha-yeah I never knew a guy who carried a mirror in his pocket And a comb up his sleeve, just in case And all that extra hold gel in your hair ought'a lock it 'Cause Heaven prevent, it should fall outta place Ohwooh, you think you're special Ohwooh, you think you're something else Ok, so you're Brad Pitt... That don't impress me much! So you got the looks but have you got the touch? (Now) Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night That don't impress me much!

He drove up to her in his expensive Italian car. It was candy red. He honked at her. Tea turned around from talking to Joey, Tristan, and Yugi. "Hey check out my new wheels." He shouted. They all ran up to it. "Man this car is sweet." Joey said. "Careful not to drool all over it." "Errr Kaiba…" Joey said stalking towards him while Tristan held him back. "This is really nice Kaiba." Yugi admitted. "Yeah, bet you could go to that new Karaoke bar really fast." Tea admitted. Kaiba arched an eyebrow and stored the info away for later. "So who wants to go for a ride?" Kaiba asked. "Dogs allowed." "Kaiba…" Joey said trying to strangle him. Kaiba laughed. "Hop in." he said. Tristan Yugi and Joey got in the back. "Room for one more." Kaiba said to Tea. Tea shook her head and walked off.

Duke walked up. "Hey sweet ride." Kaiba watched Tea walk off. "Where you guys going." "Burger World." Kaiba replied. Causing Yugi and Tristan to cheer. Joey just looked out the window and grumbled. "Can I come?" "Sure." He said reluctantly and turned back on the engine. "Lets go." Yugi noticed this but said nothing. Kaiba pulled off and left. Tea watched them leave. Mai and Serenity walked up to her. "What's wrong?" asked Serenity. "Nothing." She sighed and walked off. "Why do I get the feeling it isn't nothing?" Serenity asked. "I know what you mean." Mai replied looking at Tea.

You're one of those guys who likes to shine's machine You make me take off my shoes before you let me get in I can't believe you kiss your car good night C'mon baby tell me, you must be joking, right?? Ohwooh, you think you're special Ohwooh, you think you're something else Ok, so you got a car... That don't impress me much! So you got the moves, but have you got the touch? Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night [..] But that won't keep me warm on the long, cold lonely night That don't impress me much! Ok, so what do you think... you're Elvis or something... That don't impress me much! [repeat]