Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Mokubas Dilema ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

- is thoughs -

Mokuba woke up early and glanced at the clock, it was 8:00. He grabbed his stone, got dressed, and snuck outside. He walked along Domino looking around the neighborhood. He stopped at the park and got on the swing. He swung as high as he could until he saw Tristan and Joey talking to each other, Yugi was nowhere in sight. Mokuba jumped off the swingand sailed through the air landing on his feet. -All right new personal record!- He thought to himself. Then he ran over to where Joey and Tristan were talking.

"So you really think this is going to work?" Tristan asked. "O'course it'll work, come time for the dance Kaiba `ll be outta our hair for good." Joey said pumping his fist in the air. "O'course if that don't work I could always giv' Kaiba the ol' one-two-three." Joey said punching the air. "Then again maybe we should giv' the guy a shot Joey." Tristan said. "I mean we can trust Tea." Tristan said. They continued walking until the spotted Mokuba jumping off the swing and running over to them.

"Hi Joey, hi Tristan." Mokuba shouted running over to them. "Hey there Mokuba." Joey and Tristan said at the same time. "Can I hang out with you guys for a little while." Mokuba asked. "I dunno…" Joey said. -How are we suppose' ta work out my buhrilliant plan if Mokuba is aroun'.- "Please…" Mokuba said giving him the puppy dog eyes. "Well only if its okay with your brother." Tristan said, happy to find a way out of it. "Seto's not here right now." Mokuba said. "Maybe some other time." Joey said turning to walk off.

"I'll buy you guys all the food you can eat." Mokuba added. "Well why didn' ya say so!" Joey said running at impossible speeds back towards Mokuba, a dust cloud behind his feet. Mokuba and Tristan face faulted. "Wha'? Was it something I said?" Joey said a blank look on his face. "That guys got a stomach like a black hole." Tristan said twitching, and still laying on the ground next to Mokuba. "Or a black lab." Mokuba said twitching next to Tristan. Mokuba and Tristan got up. "Who you calling a black lab, wait a sec' wha's a black lab." Joey said dumbly. Mokuba and Tristan facefaulted. They got back up. "It's a dog." Mokuba snickered.

"Errr…Moku..ba.." Joey said stalking towards Mokuba. "Joey chill he just a kid." Tristan said holding him back. Meanwhile Mokuba had already started walking off. Mokuba turned around and whistled and waved for Joey and Tristan to hurry up. "C'mon, Tristan, last one there is a kuriboh." Joey said running off laughing his mouth open. Tristan shook his head, but decided better of saying anything. "Hey wait up!" Tristan shouted running back towards the group.

When they got to Calorie Burger they ordered their meals and were pretty silent for awhile. -Maybe Tristans right maybe we should give Kaiba a chance, I mean its like Tristan said I have complete faith in Tea- Joey thought. -Maybe I should ask Joey how to be a better brother to Seto, so I can quit ruining his life.- Mokuba thought sadly. -I am not a kuriboh!-Tristan thought dumbly. Mokuba watched Joey eat his food, he had seen Joey eat before when they were on the blimp at battle city but now he was eating much neater, he had been working on the same fry for 5 minutes now. Mokuba took a sip of his chocolate shake.

"Umm, Wheeler-sama…" (a/n: sama is something you add on to the end of someones name so that your saying it a much more respectible and honorable way, such respect is usually only given to people who are considered higher status then you, and not just a little higher, a lot higher.) Mokuba began. Joey looked up shocked, no one had ever called him what before. "Wha' is it Mokuba?" Joey said, after he had stopped choking on his fry. "Can you teach me how to be a better brother?" Mokuba asked sadly. This time it was Tristans turn to choke on his food. "What did you just say." Tristan asked shocked. "I want Wheeler-sama to be my brother sensei." (a/n: Sensei=teacher) Mokuba said. Tristan started cracking up. "Joey…a…sensei….bwa hahahaha" Tristan said pointing and laughing at Joey tears running out of his eyes. "Tristan…"Joey growled and then put Tristan in a choke hold. "Gah…I give." Tristan said.

"Well are you going to help me or not." Mokuba said annoyed. Joey calmed down and looked at Mokuba seriously. "Mokuba from everythin' I seen you're a great brother." "No, I'm not I'm ruining my brother's life." Mokuba said trying to keep himself from crying. "Wha' are ya talkin' about Mokuba ya' are ya' brothers life." Joey said. "Yea, I've never seen a closer set of brothers then you two, Kaiba would, and had risked everything to keep you safe, if he thought you were a bad brother he wouldn't have done all the things hes done to try and protect you." Tristan added.

"That's the whole problem, I'm ruining his life." Mokuba shouted no longer able to hold the tears back. "Mokuba no your not, seriusly can ya' even name one time ya' ruinied your brothers life?" Joey said. "I've been ruining his life since that day I was born, I read a part of my brothers journal and it said that our Mom died giving birth to me, then after our father died and we went to the orphanage, I stopped him from getting into a good family because no one wanted me, so we ended up with Gozaboro, not to mention duelist kingdom and that whole thing with Noa." Mokuba shouted. "Mokuba none of that is ya' fault you cant blame ya' self for that." Joey said. "He's right it was all just a sad coincidence." Tristan added.

"No its not, its all my fault!" Mokuba shouted then ran out the door. "Hey come back!" Tristan shouted chasing after Mokuba. Mokuba looked behind and saw Joey and Tristan chasing after him. -I wish I was back in my room- Mokuba thought rounding a corner. Mokuba disappeared just before Joey and Tristan rounded the corner. "Where'd he go?" Tristan asked looking around. "Dang it!" Joey shouted punching the wall. "He got away from us." Tristan said. "Well where eva' he's I hope he's safe." Joey said. -That tears it. Kaiba is goin' down. I maybe able ta trust Tea but I cant trust Kaiba, he obviously doesn't even treat `is brother right- Joey thought angrily.

Mokuba flopped on his bed and started crying. Mokuba heard a knock on his door. "Mokuba you dressed yet its already 9:45, I planned to leave earlier than this." Kaiba said adjusting his tie. Suddenly Mokuba remembered what Tristan said. / "Yea, I've never seen a closer set of brothers then you two, Kaiba would, and had risked everything to keep you safe, if he thought you were a bad brother he wouldn't have done all the things hes done to try and protect you."/ -Maybe the answer isn't to be a better brother, its to be a worse, I hate that Seto wont like me much anymore…but if it means he wont ruin his own life so I can have a better one then so be it.- Mokuba thought miserably.

"No, I'm not done yet, so why don't you take the stick out and get off my back loser." Mokuba shouted. Kaiba froze. -What he just say?- Kaiba thought confused. "Are you feeling okay Mokuba?" Kaiba shouted behind the door. "I'm fine." Mokuba said coldly. "Just go to work by yourself, I don't want to come today." Mokuba shouted. Kaiba glanced at the door sad, and confused walked slowly off. A few minutes later Mokuba saw Kaibas limo pulling out the driveway.

Mokuba walked down stairs and opened the door by the foot of the stairs. He grabbed Kaibas BEWD plushie then walked into the living room. He layed down on the couch and hugged the bear tight. Tea came down stairs and saw Mokuba crying on the sofa. Forgetting her own problems with Kaiba for the moment she walked over to him. "Hey Mokuba why are you so sad?" Tea asked. Mokuba glared at her then continued watching tv. "I don't want to talk about it." Mokuba said somberly. "Well, you feel a whole lot better if you talk about it." Tea said. "I said I don't want to talk about so save your loser rants for someone who cares." Mokuba said storming off into his room, plushie in hand.

Tea shook her head. -One thing those two definitly have in common is having a whole lot to say, and not speaking a word of it- Tea thought remembering how Kaiba had treated her that moring.

/Kaiba barged into his room and started rummaging around for what he was going to wear to work, finally deciding on a white shirt, a black tie, and black pants. Tea watched Kaiba afraid of when he finally was going to snap at her about last night. "Ummm…Seto look I want to say I'm sorry…"she began. "Shut up Gardner." Kaiba snapped. Then he went into the bathroom to change. Tea looked down. "Seto please, I just want to talk." "All you ever want to do is talk, well I don't so save your little loser rants for someone who cares." Kaiba said coming out the bathroom, having trouble with his tie. He walked out the room and outside to the next room over, which was Mokubas. Tea looked down worriedly. Kaiba came back into the room upset, about something. "Seto whats wrong?" Tea asked concerned. "Its nothing." Kaiba lied. "If it was nothing you wouldn't be so upset." "I don't want to talk about." "Seto just tell me, I want to help." "I said this conversation is over!" Kaiba said about to storm out the door. "And don't think I've forgotten about last night…your not of the hook that easy." Kaiba said slamming the door. Tea ran back upstairs upset, when she saw Mokuba walk out his door, down the steps and into the room. She turned back and slammed the door shut to "her" room./

Mokuba fiddled with the stone in his hands. When Renee walked into the room. Mokuba looked up at Renee surprised. "Renee you…" Mokuba began. Renee stiffenned. "Have the same eyes as this lady I met on the street who gave me this cool rock." Mokuba said.-You fool that was me.- "Oh really…that's pretty interesting." Renee said sickly sweet. "Yea." Mokuba said. "Renee can I ask you important question?" "Sure." "You use to know my brother, right?" "yeah…" "Well do you think he really that much of a different person from when he first moved in here…and now." "Yes. I do." "I knew it, I'm ruining his life." Mokuba said throwing himself on the bed. "Master Mokuba your not runinig his life." "Yes I am!" "Your brother loves you, I hardly think that counts as ruining his life." "But he would be so much better off without me, maybe I should run away." "Don't to that, its not safe." "It is if I have this." Mokuba said holding out the wishing stone.

"Your cool rock, how will that help?" Renee said, faking cluelessness. "It grants me any wish I want watch." "I wish that I had on a smaller version of what Seto wore at battle city." Mokuba said aloud. Suddenly his brown vest, blue and white top and jeans changed into a smaller version of what Kaiba had wore at battle city. "I wish I had a chocolate parfait." Mokuba said again. A chocolate parfait materalized on his desk. Mokuba grabbed it and dug in. "Well if your sure that you will be safe, then you should do what you feel is best, even if it means running away from your brother." Renee said walking out the door. Mokuba put the parfait down and layed on his bed. "What to do, what to do?" Mokuba said to himself.

Several hours later Tea was scrambling around the house looking for her outfit for the dance. A beautiful white dress that had a tight corset middle and flowed down all the way to the floor. And whose sleeves were a white silk that stopped a little bit down her shoulder, and a lite, whire, translucent material that flowed down the rest of her arm and onto her hand and when over her thumbs and had a triangle point on her hands. The skirt of the dress looked like it was small but when she grabbed the edges it spread out to reveal a very large skirt, like those a flamingo dancer wears. "Where is it, where is it." She said scrambling around.

"Where's what Tea?" Mokuba asked. "My dress, I have to find my dress." Tea said hurriedly. "Why?" "For the recital, I have to find because I cant do my number without it, and this time I managed to pull the last spot, for the recital." "What's your recital going to be about." "I get to do a number my way, from one of my all time favorite musicals, West Side Story (a/n: I don't own West Side Story.) "Which one?" "You'll see, your brother's coming. He is coming isn't he." "I don't know he was pretty ticked off last night." Tea sighed. -Tonight is going to be a disaster.- Tea thought. After some hunting they found the dress, in the closet Tea and Kaiba shared, hidden under Kaiba's vast amounts of trenchcoats.

Kaiba was working hard on his work when he glanced at the time. -I guess I was supposed to go to Tea's recital tonight. But I cant go if I don't know the time- Kaiba smirked. He threw the clock against the wall. "Oops." He said sarcastically. Then he went back to his work.

Meanwhile Tea got the recital and went backstage. She saw Yugi, Joey, Tristan, Duke, Serenity, and Mai sitting in the front row, but she didn't see Kaiba anywhere. She glanced over the curtain for the hundreth time, then sighed and started getting ready to go on.

Kaiba couldn't concentrate on his work anymore. All he could think about was Tea. He sighed for the millionth time then closed his laptop. He grabbed his briefcase and headed out the door. He stopped at the flower shop and bought a dozen of the most expensive long stemmed red roses he could find. He looked at his watch. -!@#$ Tea's performance was on in a matter of minutes.- He paid for the roses. "Domino High Auditorium and step on it."

Tea sighed. Her number was about to begin and Kaiba still hadn't showed up. "Miss Gardner…your on in 5." Said the stage manager. Tea nodded her head. Then finished brushing her hair. She clipped part of her back with pearl clips, then put on silver butterfly necklace her mother had given her. She paused and stared at herself in the mirror. Soon it was time to go on. She prepared herself just offstage to go on.

Kaiba burst into Domino High running through the hall ways to the auditorium. -I hope I'm not to late- Kaiba thought to himself.