Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Everything According to Plan ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

{ is thoughs }

Tea woke up from her slumber and stretched. She looke over at the clock and saw it was 8:00 {oh no I'm late for school, oh that's right we have today and tommorow off.} Tea thought sleepily. She walked over to Mokuba's room and peaked in the door. Kaiba and Mokuba were asleep. Tea smiled and shut the door. {I should make those guys breakfast, an American style one. Now what are the typical breakfast foods?} Tea thought making her way to the kitchen. On her way down the stairs she noticed a door by the foot of the stairs. She looked curiously at the door, remembering what Kaiba had said to her about it when he took her a tour of the house.

/"And over here wh have the kitchen." Kaiba said gesturing towards the kitchen. Mai and Serenity and Tea looked at the room in awe, and they had thought Kaiba's room was big. "Over here we have a door which none of you must never ever enter." Kaiba said gesturing to the door then starting to make his way up the steps like it was nothing. "What do you mean must never, ever enter, you keep customers bodies in their or something?" Mai asked. Kaiba growled. "Just don't go in there!" he snapped. Tea, Mai, and Serenity looked up at the door. Kaiba growled and started pushing all three girls up the steps. "and we're walking, and we're walking."/

Suddenly Renee came out the room clutching a small camcorder. She froze and looked at Tea. "What were you doing in there?" Tea demanded. "I was just c-cleaning ma'am" {!@#$ if she finds out I was recording his room then I'll never get a change to finish up my plan that little brat will just get my magical stone.} Renee stuttered. "With a camcorder?" Tea said narrowing her eyes, her voice threatingly low. "I was just…taking this with me because I just bought it, then I remembered I had to clean up in there so I just did it real fastbefore going up to my room." Renee lied. Tea glared at her. {I don't believe this…(Tea looked at the nametag) Renee person one bit, but innocent until proven guilty I suppose…} Tea glared at Renee and then waved her off to go.

Tea closed the door then made her way to the kitchen. "Let's see, I've read that Americans often eat: cereal, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, orange juice, milk oranges, grapefruit, bagels, toast, cofee, and strawberries." Tea thought aloud. {Gosh that's a lot of stuff, if their breakfasts are this big then I'd hate to see their dinner.} Tea made all the items then set them on the dining room table.

Tea made her way upstairs then saw Kaiba tossing all all over the place. "What on earth are you doing?" Tea asked dodging a pair of boxers that whizzed by her head. "Looking for my tie with the little money signs on it." Kaiba said inadverently a pair of briefs on Teas head. Tea pulled the article of clothing off her head then blushedwhen she saw what they were. "Cant you wear a different one?" Tea asked dodging a business shirt. "I want that one." Kaiba said glaring at her, as serious as a heart attack. Tea shook her head. "Men" Tea said throwing her hands up. "Women." Kaiba muttered tossing yet another business shirt. Tea put her hands on her hips and was about to say something when Kaiba cut her off. "Make sure Mokubas ready I need him to work at Kaibaland today." Kaiba said tossing a pair of boxers out the door.

Renee walked toward Kaiba's room when the boxers landed in front of her. She picked them up and examined them. They were navy blue with the letters BEWD printed on the waistband. Renee quickly snatched them up and made her way to her room. She opened up her closet and went to a backroom where various articles of clothing, all belonging to Kaiba were gathered. She put the boxers in the closet and then smirked, grabbed a pair of her own shorts that were navy blue as well and shredded them. She grabbed a laundry basket then to pick up clothes off the floor, even as he threw them and put it over over her shorts. She then tapped him on the shoulder. "Sir." She said sheepishly. He glared over at her. "These are fresh from the wash, where shall I set them?" He looked at the laundry basket then preceded to dig through its contents, he came across the shredded shorts.

"What are these?" he asked. "I'm sorry sir a pair of your boxers got shredded in the wasyh." "How is it every time you do wash something gets shredded?" he growled. "I don't know sir, please don't fire me." Renee said dropping to her knees and hugging his legs and resting her head on his waist. {I know he wont fire me, I've been her too long, as long as I play to his ego.}

/6 years ago. A much younger Kaiba hugged his knees and cried in the corner if his room. Gozaboro had whipped him once again for falling asleep instead of doing his work. He looked over at the work table then at the window. A much younger Renee bounced into his room. "Hey Seto, what's wrong?" she asked innocently. "Gozabor as usual." The small boy sniffled. "All I did was go to sleep… what so bad about that?" he asked Renee miserably. Renee walked over at him. Kaiba looked at her, she was the same age as him. Kaiba looked at her, she was the same age as him, and very pretty in his opinion but he knew they could never to be togheter, if he even looked at her Gozaboro would surely beat him, or worse her. "Nothing." She said smiling a big smile. "If its nothing I wouldn't have gotten this." He said showing her the fresh whip mark on his shoulder. "Hold on just a second." She said running off. She went to her room and came back with a little first aid kit.

"Take of you shirt." She commanded. He slid off his shirt and she started bandaging him up. He stared at her the whole time. "Why you lookin' at me?" she asked. "Your pretty." Kaiba said a little blush spreading across his young face. Renee blushed. Then turned back to her work, not saying a word about what he had said. He turned his head down sadly. Renee walked over to the door and locked it. "You sleep and I'll do your work." "But." "No buts." She said pushing Kaiba on the bed and pulling the covers over him. Renee worked hard until Gozaboro came banging on the door. "Seto you havent made a peep in four hours, which meand you should be finished with you work now! So hand it over, and this better be no mistakes." Renee looked up worried, while she was confident she had all the problems right, she hadn't finished it all.

"Seto you have to wake up." She said shaking him. "Unn, what?" he said sleepily. "Open this door!" Gozaboro bellowed. He jumped up fully alert now. He quickly straightend out his hair and clothes so it wouldn't look like he was sleeping. He opened the door. Gozaboro caught site of Renee. "What is she doing here?" he said his voice dangerously low. Kaiba bowed respectivly. "I'm sorry, she was just saying hi, it was only one quick little second, it wont happen ever again I promise." "It better not." Gozaboro shouted. "Get out of here you little street urchin." Renee scrambled out of the room. Renee peeked back in and watched Kaiba get yelled at, the only reason he was spared the whip was because there weren't any mistakes on the papers "he had done"

Renee walked back into the room, where Kaiba sat at his desk miserably working on the rest of his assignment. Kaiba looked up at her sadly. "Go away Renee if you don't leave Gozaboro will hit us." He sighed. "I don't care, you need someone here with you and since you won't let Mokuba wht no let me." "I'd like that but, I do care if Gozaboro hits you, please just leave." Kaiba said his face crestfallen. Renee nodded her head and ran out the room. Then she turned and ran in the room. She kissed him on the cheek. "I think your cute too." She whispered, then ran out the room. Kaiba blushed, placed a hand on his cheek and smiled.

They had played togheter on the weekends after that. But then Gozaboro had took away Kaiba's weekends, and after Renee's parents died and she was forced to work for Gozaboro to pay off her debts, the had played with each other less and less…/

Renee squeezed Kaiba tighter. "Please let me keep my job." Kaiba sighed. {I want to fire her, and yet I can't. !@#$ why wont she just quit, she's the only girl I ever hit…albeit I was ten." He thought glaring down at her.

/Gozaboro walked up to Kaiba. "You've been spending too much time with her." He growled. "Who?" Kaiba asked innocently. "Don't play dum with me me, you know full well I am talking about Renee." Gozaboro shouted. Kaiba watched his hand twitch on the whip. "But I like her." He said defiently. "If you don't take care of her I will, maybe let the authorties know I for a little orphan on my hands, maybe haver her sent to the same one you were at, think she'd like that?" Gozaboro smirked. Kaiba stiffened. "I'll take care of it." Kaiba said droppin his head.

Gozaboro walked over toward him with the whip. Forcing the boy to look at him eye to eye. He looked up at his eyes that looked so sad, and yet not as sad as they had once been. His eyes were showing less and less emotion, he was showing less and less emotion. Gozaboro smirked. His "training" was paying off. "And you'll do it in the cruelest way you can think of, because the only way to get anywhere in this world is to be ruthless and cruel." "But I really like her, why cant we friends?" Kaiba asked. "Friends, friends, don't make me laugh Seto, do you honestly think she likes you boy?"

"Yes."

"Well your wrong, no one likes you, no one has ever liked you and no one will ever like you and the sooner you realize that the better, there is no such things as friends, only suffering, and wheter you'll be the one suffering, or the one dishing it out is completely up to you." He said pulling the whip away from his face. "Now go do as I say, or you'll find yourself in a world of trouble, or better yet maybe I'll send you back to the orphanage and Mokuba will be my heir." Gozaboro threatened his way out the room. Kaiba looked down at his work angrily and waited for Renee.

Renee hopped in the room. "Hey Seto!" she said skipping up to him. "Look what I managed to sneak." She said holding up a piece of frou gras. "I know its your favorite." She said beaming up at him, proud to have such a rear treat in her hand. Kaiba looked at it and turned his head.

"I don't want it." He said coldly looking at the wall, he didn't want to face her. "Why?" "Because I hate you." He whispered. She looked up at him quizically. "What did you say I couldn't hear you?" Kaiba turned toward her and faked an angry look at her. "I said I HATE you!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. "Wha, why?" she said tears welling up in her eyes. "Because you're an ugly, horrible, little witch." "Please whatever I did we can work it out." "Get out." "Please you're my only friend." "I said GET OUT!" he said slapping her across the face. She looked up at him hurt and stunned with a hand to her cheek. Then ran out the room./

Kaiba sighed at the memory. "Fine you can keep you job." He said pulling her off of him. Then he rembarked on his search for the tie with the money signs on it.

Mean while Tea walked over to Mokuba's room. She smiled when she saw him. One of Kaibas trenchcoats and a pair of his pants were on the bed. Mokuba was wearing a white business shirt that went all the way down to the floor, and folded up several times. He was currently trying to put on Kaiba's tie with the little money signs on I, even though it went all the way down to his knees. Mokuba looked at Tea "Mokuba what on earth are you doing?" "I just want to be like my big brother." Mokuba whined. "Well all you'll do is hurt yourself wearing his clothes, their much to big." Rea said walking into the room and sitting down on Mokubas bed.

Kaiba walked to the door way then stopped and peekd over when he heard the next comment. "But my big brother isnt paying any attention anymore, its like I don't even have one." Mokuba said sadly. Kaiba dropped his headdejectedly and was about to step in when Tea patted Mokuba on the back and said, "Mokuba you know your brother loves you more than anything else in the world, he talks about you all the time, you mean everything to him." Tea said reassuringly. "I know," Mokuba said smiling, "that's why I want to be just like him." "Well wearing those will only get you hurt."

"They will not, I already didn't finish my math, I'm not taking these off too!" Mokuba shouted, then he tripped over the fabric of the shirt and fell and hit his elbow on the desk. Mokuba began crying. Kaiba instinctivly started to run over to him. Tea kneeled over by Mokuba. "It's ok Mokuba." Tea said hugging him. "No its not, why did I have to be the wimpy, little, stupid Kaiba. How come I can't be more like my brother." "Sssh, your not stupid Mokuba, and your not a wimp." "Yes I am. I couldn't even finish my math, and my brother always gets his done in like 5 minutes and his is harder!" Mokuba said still sobbing on Tea's shirt.

"Seto is a very tough individual, but he's not perfect and neither are you, we all have flaws and that's what makes you who you are, and as for being dumb, you in no way dumb, you may not be as smart as your brother but he's a friggin' genius and very few people will ever even come close to that, not even people with college degrees, and your certainly not a wimp, your just a regular ten year old kid, with his unique talents and skills." Tea said.

"And I wouldn't have you any other way." Kaiba said. "Really?" Mokuba said. "Really." Kaiba said back. Mokuba broke free from Tea and ran up to Kaiba. He looked up at his brother. "You pinky promise." Kaiba said solemnly. "I pinky promise." Kaiba said solemnly locking his pinky with Mokubas. Tea arched an eyebrow. "Yeah!" Mokuba exclaimed hugging his brother as tight as he could!

Kaiba kneeled down and hugged his brother back. Then he took off his tie over Mokubas head. "What's say we forget about work and head to the beach just us two." Kaiba said smiling at his brother. Mokuba smiled. "That would be great!" he exclaimed. Kaiba looked up at Tea. "You don't mind do you?" "Of course not Seto." "I'll get my swimming trunks." Mokuba squealed. "I'll go get my wet suit." {Seto covers up completely even at the beach, I wonder why?} Tea thought.

Tea walked with the two up to the driveway where Kaiba was loading their stuff into the back of his Azure. Tea smiled at how great they both looked. Mokuba looked very cute in his little blue swimshorts with tiny green sharks all over them. While Kaiba looked great in his speedo that was designed to look like a shark skin (minus the fin). He also hadn't failed to mention that it was designed for speed and was the fastest swimsuit in the world, and had been designed for people in the olympics. (a/n: I don't own speedo or the olympics) She waved goodbye then went back into the house where she saw Renee once again leaving out of the room.

{I got to respect Seto's privacy but why does that maid keep going in there is she stealing something? Best let him deal with that.} Tea thought. She decided to put away the dishes from breakfast. She smiled at how much was left over. {Even Seto knew that when they said that Americans ate all that food, they didn't mean all at once, and that man can't cook to save his life.} She smiled at the memory of Kaiba "cleaning the fish." She put the dishes in the sink, but a maid promptly took over washing them. Tea sighed and went into the living room. "Would the ma'adam like any food or beverage to consume whilst she is watching televison." A butler asked her. She her head no and left. Tea watched tv for awhile, then dozed off. Before she knew it Kaiba and Mokuba were home.

"Het Mokuba how was your day?" "Awesome, we went swimming, built a sandcastle ate ice cream, I built another sandcastle while Seto read a book, then he fell asleep so I buried him." "That part wasn't all that great." "Tes it was, I built a sandcastle on you, got some old people to take a picture of us." Tea laughed and Kaiba scoffed then turned his head away. "See." Mokuba said handing a picture of Kaiba under a large block of sand with a sand castle on it, Mokuba was standing next ot it giving the victory pose while Kaiba glared at him. Tea laughed some more. "Hey." Kaiba scoffed glaring at her. "I'm so sorry Seto, it just so…cute." Tea said bursting into a whole new set of laughter. Kaiba glared at her, and seeing as she had her eyes closed, Kaiba grabbed a pillow off the sofa, and raised it above her head. "Seto!" Mokuba shouted. Tea looked up at Kaiba in shock. "What I wasn't going to do it." Kaiba said laughing nervously. Tea and Mokuba still stared at him. "Oh come on." Tea and Mokuba still stared at him. "Oh I give up." Kaiba said throwing his hands up in the air in defeat and stomping up the stairs, muttering obscenities. Then they heard his door slam shut, and more obscenities, then they heard his shower start, and more obscenities, then silence. Mokuba shook his head. "I love my brother but he can be such a dofus."

Later that night everyone had settled in bed when Renee got upand walked into Kaibas room. She smiled when she saw he was in a pair of red silk pants but nothing else. He was turned over on his side facing the the door and Tea wasn't in bed. He didn't have the covers on him. She raised up the camera and took a picture of him. She sat down next to him and moved his bangs to the side. He shivered. She got up and started straightening up his room a bit. Renee glanced over at Kaiba and seeing as how he was still shivering pulled the covers up close to him. Tea walked in and had to clasp a hand over her to keep from screaming. "What are you doing in here?" she hissed. "I'm sorry ma'aam I was just straightening up." Renee said bowing respectivly. Tea glared at her suspicously.. "At 2:00 in the morning?" Tea hissed.

Kaiba woke up. He rubbed his eyesand yawned. "What's going on?" he asked Tea. "I think she's up to something." Tea said pointing a finger toward Renee. He looked over at Renee. "Like what?" "I don't know but she claimed she was just straightening up." "Oh is that all, go back to sleep the maids and butlers do that, when I don't go to work or the office." "And you trust her?" "Its not that I trust Renee, I don't, but I know she wouldn't mess with me in my sleep, and even if she did, she wouldn't get away with it." Kaiba said matter of factly. {Foolish boy, I've been coming in herre and doing stuff that I wasn't supposed to do for years} Renee thought evily. {Like setting up cameras in your room, takinf still photos of you asleep, and you lucky I haven't went further…but as they say good things come to those who wait.} "Mr. Kaiba I am sorry for disturbing your slumber may I go now?" Renee said sickingly sweet. Kaiba waved her off. {Speaking of which time to cause a little chaos.}

She walked into Mokuba's room and bent down and whispered in his ear, "You know your brother only took you to the beach today out of pity, your worthless, and your brother would be much happier without you." She whispered in his ear. "Better off without me." Mokuba whimpered in his sleep, then turned away from Renee. "Yes better off without you." She whispered in his ear. It wasn't long before was whimpering in his sleep, tossing and turning vecause of a nightmare he was having.

`Kaiba stood over Mokuba, glaring down at him. "Hey Seto, want to play a game of chess." Mokuba said stepping forward toward him. (a/n: I took the following line directly from the anime.) "Not another step closer." He said glaring at him. (a/n: I took the following lines directly from the manga) "S-Seto…" "Ah…I" Mokuba stammered. "I've felt your patheric, clinging, losers gaze staring at my back for years. Mokuba until you realize that there is no such thing as brotherly love, you will always be a loser." Kaiba shouted. (a/n: the reast of the story lines don't come from the anime/maga unless otherwise stated.) "Why don't you do me a favor and stop ruining my life!" Kaiba shouted angrily shouted at Mokuba. Kaiba turned on his heel and walked off into the shadows. "Big brother come back!" Mokuba shouted.'

Kaiba started shaking Mokuba to wake up him up. He had woken up with an uneasy feeling and went to check on Mokuba. "Big brother come back." Mokuba mumbled. "I'm right here Mokuba." Kaiba said worriedly, trying desperately to wake him up. "Please open your eyes." Mokubas eyes fluttered open and Kaiba breathed a sigh of relief. Mokuba cried and threw himself into his brothers arms. He cried on his shoulder. "Brother I dreamt you had left me because you didn't like me anymore!" "Ssh, Mokuba it was only a dream, I leave you, and I will never stop loving you, you're my whole world and I'd nevergive that up."He suddenly remembered all the stuff Kaiba had went through so he wouldn't have too, and how his brother used to be, and how whe was now."{Maybe that's the whole problem, maybe I have been ruining your whole life.} Mokuba thought sadly. He loosened up his grip on his brother neck and pulled away from his brothers embrace. "Your right Seto, I know you love me, just like I love you." Kaiba smiled and held out his pinky. "Brothers forever?" Mokuba locked at his pinky with Kaibas. "You know it, forever until the end of time." Mokuba said feaking a smile. Kaiba studied him for a second. "Do you want me to stay in here until you fall asleep." "No, I'm good." "You sure." Mokuba nodded. "Okay." Kaiba said kissing Mokuba on the forehead. "Go to sleep." Kaiba said patting him on the back.

Tea watched the scene, then watched Kaiba go back to hi room. {I just know that Renee person had something to do with this.} Tea thought. She went downstairs to find her and saw her come out that room again. {I finally have all his journal pages photographed and ready to be copied.} Renee thought, when she bumped into Tea. "Excuse me." Renee bumped into Tea, "Excuse me." Renee said bowing respectivly then running before Tea could say anything. {There something going on here and I'm going to find out.} Tea thought. {Just breathe} she thought remembering Kaiba's advice. She inhaled and exhaled deeply then opened the door to the room. She looked around and didn't see anything all that bad about the room. She looked around and didn't see anything all that bad about the room. She saw a bed, a buch of pictures, hanging on the wall, and table with a black notebook on top of it.

Tea walked over to the notebook and saw it had gold lettering that read Duel Monsters. She opened the cover to the manufacturers of the notebook had put this journal belongs to and beside it in childish, blockish, messy handwriting Seto Nakatani. There was a line through that name and the name Seto nobody and then a line under it that said Seto Kaiba with parenthesis under it that said I have a last name again!! in bold letters. Tea put the book down.

She looked around the room and saw various pictures of Mokuba and kaiba togheter, and one picture of Gozaboro and Mokuba and Kaiba togheter, under it was a sticky note that read, note to self do not take down this picture until you've gotten over it. She walked along the walls til she came to a picture in a tarnished, spray painted gold picture frame. She carefully picked it up and examined it over and examined the picture closely. There was a woman with long black hair and srormy blue eyes like Mokubas. She was tall and lean and was wearing a black dress. The man in the picture was muscular with wide broad shoulders and fit waist. He was wearing a navy blue suit and had brown hair and blue eyes like the mans and was clutching a new looking blue eyes white dragon plushie. Tea loked over at the bed at the corner and saw a old looking blue eyes whire dragon plushie placed carefully on top of it. She turned back and looked at the photo and was about to put it back when it was snatched from her hands.

"Don't touch this, don't ever touch this!" Kaiba shouted glaring daggers at her. "Seto…I" "What are you doing in here, didn't I tell you never to come in here." "Seto I saw one of you housekeepers…what was her name…Renee keep coming in here, so I investigated." "Renee is the only other perosn besides Mokuba allowed in here. You on the other hand I specifically forbade you from ever sleeping foot in here." "Well how was I supposed to know that and how can you trust her more than me!" Tea shouted. "Who said I trusted her…or you for that matter." Kaiba said coldly. Tea slapped him hard across the face. Kaiba put the picture back on the wall then walked up to her. "Don't try to mae me the bad guy here you traiterous, !@#$%, I let you go into every room in the house except this one, I get up to get some water and where I do I find you…snooping around where you don't belong, nosily picking your way through my personal business." He said his voice low and menacing.

"Seto its not like that." Tea said backing up tears in her eyes. "Isn't it?" he said mockingly. "No, I think your is up to something." "Well I think your up to something." "I don't listen to traitors." He sneered. Tea slapped him as hard as she could across the face, so hard his head actually turned. For a moment no one said anything a dead silence hanging over the air. Kaiba turned his head and glared at Tea, and raised his hand as if he was going to slap her. Tea backed into the wall. Kaiba stepped forward. "How dare you." He growled his voice low and deadly. {Time to teach her a lesson} he heard Gozaboro's vice say. {No what am I doing?} Kaiba thought looking into Teas fearful eyes. Kaiba grabbed his shaking hand and then put them both down by his sides. "Get out of here, I'll deal with you in the morining, and you better not run off, or hide in some other room or the consequences will be far worse." He hissed. Tea ran up to their room and flopped herself on the bed and began crying. {I just wanted to help.}

Kaiba stared at the picture of his parents on the wall. He picked up his notebook, clicked out the pen and wrote in it. Then he grabbed his blue eyes white dragon plushie and laid on the bed. He stared at it for a second. {Why do children like these things so much, it childish to sleep with one and yet…} Kaiba hugged it close to him and stared at the ceiling. {How does that Gardner girl get to me so badly…she gets me so worked up sometimes and then she turns around and makes me so happy, which is a big deal, for me.} He thought before drifting off to sleep.

Tea however had not had such an easy time sleeping. She worried about the next day, the day of her recital. {What's he going to do with me, he defiitly wont come to my recital now, if I make it there alive that is.} She hugged his pillow tight. She loved how it smelled just like him, and yet it brought her little comfort. She cried herself to sleep. Little did anyone know someone was watching them. Renee smirked looking at everyone through the various camera points she had secretly installed around the house. {Excellent, everything's going according to plan} She touched the monitor where Kaiba slept peacefully. {Soon Seto you will be mine.}