Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Secret Plots and Goodnight Wishes ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and When You Wish Upon A Star is owned by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

{ is thoughs }

Tea walked over to the courtyard with Kaiba in tow. "Hey guys!"she shouted. Joey and Tristan were playing basketball, Yugi was working on his games, while Duke flirted with some girls, as usual. Joey and Tristan looked over at Tea then stared at her dumbfounded, a basketball hit Joey's head but he didn't notice, Yugi's pirate in a barrel swordsticking game pirate head flew off and Duke just turned and gawked while his fangirls tried to recapture his attention. Mai and Serenity walked up and saw all the guys gawking at Tea and Kaiba. "Uh oh." Serenity said giving the biggest undestatement of the year.

After they got over the initial shock the gang ran over and toward the couple. "Well if it isn't the nerd herd coming to ruin our day." Kaiba said rolling his eyes. Tea elbowed him in the ribs. "Ow, what?" Kaiba asked. Tea gave him one of those if you don't know I'm not going to tell you looks. "What?" "Mmhmm like you don't know." "What?" "Look…" Tea opened her mouth to say but Yugi cut her off. "Hi Tea how are you two." He said faking the best smile he could. "You two, you make `em sound like a couple Yug" Joey said. "We are Joey." Tea said sheepishly. Kaiba just stayed silent wearing the arrogant smirk that he was so infamous of his. "What, I thought we all agreed you weren't going to go out with him last night." Joey said.

/"Tea you cant date him and that's final." Joey shouted. "Yeah." Tristan and Duke said lamely. But before she could protest they ran off really fast so she couldn't protest. Tea sweatdropped. "Well I guess they only have good intentions…" Tea said. She turned to wear Yugi was but he had already snuck off, not wanting to be caught in the middle. Tea sighed. "Great, just great."/

"No you agreed that we and him weren't going to date then ran off like a idiot." Tea said. "Look Tea how could ya even think of goin' out wit a guy like Kaiba, he's nothin' but stuck up, no good, arrogant jerk and that's puttin' it very, mildly." Joey said pointing toward Kaiba. Kaiba scoffed. "Listen Mutt, and this goes for the rest of you geeks too, I can, and will date whomever I want, whenever I want and there's nothing any of you can do about it." "Err listen hear you jerk, what makes you think ya even good enough for my friend." Joey said grabbing Kaiba's shirt collar. Kaiba glared down at him then wrenched his hand off and tossed him in through the air about five feet. "Tsk tsk Mutt, how many times do I have to tell you to stay on your leash, otherwise barking chiuawuas like you get hurt." Kaiba said smirking. "Come on Tea." Kaiba said dragging her off. Joey however wasn't done.

"That's it Kaiba, your dead." Joey shouted tackling Kaiba from behind. Kaiba pushed him off. "You just learn do you."Kaiba said tossing his trenchcoat off to the side. "Looks like I just going to have to teach you the hard way." Joey charged toward Kaiba, but Kaiba easily sidestepped Joey's punch and countered with a knee strike to his gut. Joey's eye pupils got small and he coughed up a little blood and crumbled to the ground. "That the best you got Wheeler." Kaiba spat. Joey screamed and lounged at Kaiba but Kaiba easily dodged every thing he threw his way and countred. Duke and Tristan ran up and picked up Joey. "You two looking for a fight or are you just going to go quietly like the whimpering dogs I've turned you into." Kaiba sneered. "I'm a lover not a fighter." Duke said running off with Joey. Tristan stood his ground for a second looking very nervous. Kaiba rolled his eyes, got into fighting postion then faked a move toward Tristan. Tristan hightailed it toward Yugi. "C'mon Yugi you know we have to be there for Joey when he wakes up, otherwise I would of beat that punk." Tristan said laughing his fist on his sides and looking toward the air.

Kaiba had picked up his trenchcoat and been making his way back to class, dragging Tea along when he heard the comment. "Oh really." He said standing behind him. "Ahahaha…ahha…ha." Tristan laughed slowly looking behind him at Kaiba. "Err c'mon Yugi." Tristan said stomping off madly.

Tea was seething mad by lunch. "How could you do that too my friends, its bad enough you beat Joey in a fight but did you have to take away his, and Duke, and Tristan's dignity away too!" she said angrily. "Look Tea, you knew before we got togheter that I hate those losers, so save the stupid little friendship rant for someone who cares." Kaiba said coldly. "Friendship rant, friendship rant more like common sense, and those "losers" as you put it are my friends." "Whatever, you can hang out with those losers all you want I got better things to do." Kaiba said pulling out his bento box (a/n: bento boxes, or obentoo are boxed lunches that usually have rice, veggies, and fish.)

"Oh no you dont." Tea said stomping over to wear Kaiba was. "I wasn't finished talking to you." Tea said. "Well that's just too bad." Kaiba replied. Tea snatched the sushi from out of his chopsticks. "Yea for you." "I was eating that." Kaiba said crossing his arms and glaring at her. "And I was talking to you." Tea replied. For a while they just glared at each other. Tea sighed. "Look Seto will you at least try and to act civily towards my friends, for me." Tea said givng him the puppy dog eyes and pouting. {!@#$ has she been talking to Mokuba behind my back. Oh well i have already made my desicion on this and the puppy dog pout isnt going to work on me this time, i am going to stand tall and firm on this descion, i am not going to give in}

The next thing Kaiba knew he was sitting with Joey, Tristan, Duke, Mai, Serenity, Yugi, and Tea with his cheek resting on his hand. {I can't beleive i gave in.} Joey, who had gotten a weeks detention while Kaiba had gotten away scotch free, was eating his food and glaring at Kaiba. Duke and Tristan were flirting with Serenity though if she honesty didnt realize it or was just playing hard to get Kaiba didnt know, Mai was staring shamelessly at the captain of the football team who was sitting at the table across from them,and Yugi and Tea were surveying the whole scene, Kaiba was glaring back at Joey and they were eating their food as if snapping their carrots in half was going to snap each other in half.

Tea looked at them and sighed. "Well at least its a start." Tea said to Yugi. "Hey look at the bright side at least their night fighting. Suddenly Kaiba and Joey's voices were raised. They were arguing about what happened at battle city. "You weren't even supposed to be in my tournament." "Yea, well I made it all the way to the finals, so quit callin' me an amateur i already proved that Joey Wheeler is no amateur." "No, the only reason you were in the finals is because a freak accident caused your opponent to be knocked out, only for you to get what you desereved, a slap in the face by Ra." "Err Kaiba..." Joey said stalking towards him. "C'mon man he's not worth it." Tristan said holding Joey back. Yugi dropped his head. "Guess i spoke too soon."

After school Tea was by her locker gathering her stuff for the day. "Hey Kaiba I have a class meeting today why dont you come over." "Can't I have work." "Oh,ok." Tea said packing her stuff away. "Oh before I forget, here." Kaiba said handing her small package. "What is it?" Tea asked looking at the package quizzically. "You'll see, just dont open it before you get home." Kaiba said.

Tea went to the class meeting. "Ok, you all know that October 25 is the school dance, but we still have to decide is the theme, any suggestions?" Tea asked smiling. Almost everyones hand went straight up. Joey leaned back in his chair.{Tea and Kaiba togheter is jus' wrong, I got to think of a way to make them not tigheter anymore.}Joey thought. Bakura raised his hand. "How about a Royal Ball theme, like the one we had back at my home, we could all get dressed up really welll and the end we can nominate a King and Queen of the dance." Bakura said sheepishly.

Everyone thought about it for a minute. "Yea, that sounds like fun." One kid said. "We could make, sceptors, and crowns, and capes and thrones, it sounds so magical." another girl added. "Ok, ok everyone settle down." Tea said. "Ok lets take a vote, all in favor of a hoe-down raise your hands." Tea said. Two kids raised their hands. "All in favor of a costume ball raise you hand." Ten kids raised their hands. "All in favor of a royal ball raise your hands." Eleven kids raised their hands. "Ok then its decided, we having a royal bal. {A royal ball huh, mabye i can use that too my advantage somehow} Joey thought.

Tea called a limo to go home, when she remembered Kaiba's present. She opened the present and saw a key on a heart keychain, and a small slip of paper. She read the message aloud. "Tea this is the master key to the house, it will open every door in the house. Its also the key to my heart. Love always, Seto Kaiba." "Aww, how sweet." Tea cooed. The limo driver rolled his eyes. When Tea got back to the mansion she noticed Mokuba and Kaiba weren't home yet. "Excuse me do you know where Seto and Mokuba are?" Tea asked one of the maids. "The young masters are at Kaibacorp miss, shall i call them for you?" "No, thats ok." {Well since Seto and Mokuba aren't home i my as well practice my number for the recital}

Meanwhile at Kaibacorp, Kaiba was typing furiously on his computer while Mokuba watched tv. "Seto can we got to Kaibaland and hang out?" "No." Why?" "Because i have a lot of work to catch up on since i practically took the day off yesterday." "Aww Man, ok." Mokuba sighed again. "Seto I'm going to get something to eat, want anything." "No." "But Seto you have, to eat, you haven't eaten anything since 11:00 and its six o'clock and you already too skinny." "Fine get me some Yaki Soba." (a/n: fried noodles)" "Ok."

Mokuba left Kaibacorp and literally skipped across the street to the restaruant there. "One order of Yakisoba and some onigiri (a/n: rice balls) please?" he said. Then he noticed a capusule monster chess machine. He ordered his bodygurads to take it. "Hey you cant take that!" the owner shouted coming from the back room as Mokuba snatched up his order. Mokuba left and threw a huge pile of money toward the owner. The owner looked down at it in amazement. "Thank you, come again." He shouted waving his hand like an idiot. Mokuba got ready to cross the street when he heard someone.

"Psst, hey kid come over here." Mokuba looked around and saw no one else. "Who me?" he asked pointing towards himself. "Yes you my boy come closer. He looked at the old lady, wearing a green shawl with, deep brown eyes that had little gold flecks in them, that somehow seemed familiar. "What?" he asked coming towards her. "I need you help with something." she said. "What?" Mokuba asked cautiously remembering suddenly that Kaiba had told him never talk to strangers. "Well you see, I'm very, very old, and I have this magical wishing stone, but alas i have no one to give it too." the old woman said somberly. "Well why dont you just wish yourself younger." "Alas the stone only works for those who are pure of heart, and I no longer am, i hoped to give it to someone before it was too late, but as the years went by i still had no one, and now i just want to give it to someone, and i sense something special in you." The old lady said. "So will you help me?" Mokuba nodded. She placed the medium sized purple stone in the plam of Mokubas hand. "Go on, wish for something." she said smiling.

{I wish for a chocolate parfait} Suddenly a chocolate parfait appeared in front of him. Mokuba eyes went wide. "See I knew i sensed something special in you, now go on and dont forget the number 1 rule." "What's that." "Have fun." "Okay, thanks." Mokuba said waving goodbye to the old woman. He walked to Kaibacorps front door then stopped. {I wish Seto would stop working right now}he thought. Then he sent the bodyguards toward his office and had them put the capsule monster chess vending machine away.

He walked into Kaiba's office and saw him frozen in place with his fingers on the keyboard and some just above it, he was staring at the screen with a blank face. {Did I do this} Mokuba thought waving his hands in front of his brothers face. {I wish Seto was back to the way he was before just before I made the wish} he thought. Kaiba started typing furiously on the computer. He looked at Mokuba and his heart skipped a beat. "When did you get back?" Kaiba asked. "Just a second ago." Kaiba looked at the clock and saw it had skipped ahead five minutes. He scratched his head. "I must have dozed off." Kaiba said. "Yea..." Mokuba said rubbing the back of his head and smiling like he was hiding something. Kaiba noticed this but said nothing, just shoved a chopstick full of Yaki Soba in his mouth and continued working.

Once the old lady was sure that Mokuba had gone inside she put her hands under her face and pulled off her old womans mask, next she shrugged off the green shawl, and pulled out a voice distorter. Where a uncomely old woman once stood now stood a beautiful young woman, with deep brown eyes that had flecks of gold in them, she undid her hair and the long black wavy looks spilled onto her shoulders, she was now wearing a maids uniform. "Yes, have fun little Mokuba while it last, because while i can't use that stupid stone, you can, and soon you will give me everything that I want, and everything that I deserve." she thought grimly. "Money, Fame, Wealth, Kaibacorp, and of course Seto Kaiba himself." she laughed. "He's going to be mine if its the last thing I do, but not before he pays for what he did." she hissed. Then she put on her Kaibacorp staff badge that gained her accesss to his mansion and walked off back into the alley.

When Mokuba and Kaiba got back to the mansion, Tea was sitting on the couch, reading her book. "Hey Tea." Mokuba said before dashing off to his room. "Hi,..Moku..ba"

Tea shook her head then went back to reading. "How was your day Seto?" she asked casually. He collapsed on the couch and rested his head on her lap. He peered up at her from the gap in between the book and her face. "Terrible." he sighed. "Awww what happened." Tea said stroking his hair. He sat up. "Trust me you dont want to know." "Try me."

"Ok...turns out i had missed three important meetings the other day, and i got all of the mid-quaterly reports on all the subsidiary buildings of Kaibacorp in one day, i would have two days, but i wasn't actually in the office yesterday. Not to mention i noticed a miscalculated vector on the duel disk which results in a fatal flaw, not to mention, some wise guy decided to present one of his reports in binary, and while i understand binary, its still a pain too hve to translate all that, and i think i'm losing my touch because i cant even account for 5 mins of my life, i checked the security tapes, and i just blanked out for a good 5 mins, 5 mins, what the !@#$ was up with that, i dont know, not to mention i had to figure out all the employees pay, today, every single last one, usually you could unload some of that work on the vice-president or ceo, but since, i am both president and ceo and chief engineer, and the primary inventor of all Kaibacorps technology, and Mokuba is too young, i had to do it all, not to mention there was a malfunction in some equpment in one of the labs, and the chief of testing all the products got hurt, i had to give him a whole 6 weeks of paid vaction, not to mention disability leave, just so he wouldnt so sue. So I had to test all that equipmeny myself and while no more dangerous accidents happened i had to overhaul a lot of work and have re design it all. 5 projects, an update to my rpg game, and some virtual reality games. Not to mention my current project the duel disk 3. Oh yeah and did i mention that i still have to figure out the all the house staff and body guards pay today, and do my science project, which i am not going to get an extension on again. Not to mention all the other homework assignments i got left to do."

"Goodness...well tell you what why dont i make dinner first and then help you with some of the work." "Thanks Tea, but no thanks...I have to do it all myself, or with Mokubas help to prevent future lawsuits." "O.k." "But i was wondering if you could save some time in your schedule for my dance recital, its two days from now, at 8:00." Tea asked sheepishly. Kaiba pulled out his pda and looked at the screen, sorry Tea I'm busy." He looked her crestfallen face and sighed. "Look I'll see what I can do, but I doubt if i'll...." Suddenly he felt Tea leap into his arms and squeeze him as tight as she could. "Thank you Seto." "Tea...I....can't....breath...." Tea let go of him rubbed the back of her head, and blushed. "Sorry."

Kaiba shut himself in his offfice and didnt come out til 1:00am He dragged his feet to the bed and slipped into bed without bothering to take off anything more than his trenchcoat, and one shoe. Tea wokeup at the sound of Kaiba getting to bed. Though she could tell he was asleep the moment his head hit the pillow. She laughed when she saw how he had chosen to fall asleep. Then she noticed he hadn't set the alarm clock. {I hate to get him up but he'd be mad if i let him sleep in} "Seto."she whispered shaking him. "Unnn." he said swatting her hand away and pulling himself deeper into the covers. "Seto." she whispered again shaking him. "Err...what!" he snapped. "I'm not telling you with that tone of voice" "I'm sorry, what?" "You forgot to set your alarm." "Oh, set it on alarm two, dont have to be to work til 9:00." "ok." Tea said setting the alarm. Kaiba snuggled back into the covers and was about to go to sleep when he heard a pounding on the door.

"Seto, i had a nightmare, can you come in my room and sleep next to me just til' the monsters go away?" He heard Mokuba whine at the other end of the door. Kaiba growled and rolled out of his bed. Kicked off his other boot. "Just a minute." Kaiba growled. Then changed into his purple Kaibacorp nightshirt and pants while muttering obscenities. He opened the door and grabbed Mokuba's hand. "C'mon." he said yawning, after showing Mokuba that there were no monsters in his room. he turned to leave and go back to his room. "Setooo." Mokuba whined. Kaiba rolled his eyes, muttered more obscenities under his breath, then climbed in next to Mokuba. "Now, i'm only staying until you go to sleep your getting to be a big boy okay?" "Okay." Kaiba stared at the celing grateful his brother never took more than 5 minutes to sleep. But thiryt minutes later he still wasnt asleep. "Seto." "Yeah." "I cant sleep." He said snuggling closer to him. Kaiba put one arm around him and pulled hiim closer. "Dont worry there aren't any monsters, and even if there were i wouldn't let anything happen to you." Kaiba said. {There that always gets him to go to sleep.}

"Seto, i still cant sleep." {ARRGGGGHHH} "Okay, Mokuba just try closing your eyes, for me, please." {Please, please, please. Go to sleep.} "I tried that." {Arrrggghhh} "Why not." he growled. "Because i just cant." {Why me}

Meanwhile Tea decided to look out the window, since her asleep was offically disturbed. She squealed in delight at the size of one of stars, even it was actually a planet, and smiled. She bust into Mokubas room and ran over toward his balcony. "Star light, star bright, first star i wish tonight, i wish i may, i wish i might, have the wish tonight." She said really loudly, to make sure Mokuba heard. "I wish Seto would get along with my friends better." she whispered. Mokuba looked at her oddly. "Tea what'cha doin." "Wishing on a wishing star." Tea said. "A whozit." "A wishing star." "Gardner, what mindless garbage are you polluting my brothers head with now?" Kaiba protested. "Its, not mindless garbage." "Tea whats a wishing star?" Mokuba asked. "How about i sing you a lullaby to tell you all about it?" Tea said tucking him back into bed. Kaiba pulled him closer to him and whispered into his ear. "Mokuba don't believe a word she says." He whispered to make sure Tea didnt hear him. "All comfy cozy." Mokuba nodded. "Okay not let me see how this goes. Oh yes I remember."

[Tea: When you wish upon a star] Kaiba opened his mouth to protest but Tea put a finger on his mouth to shush him [Tea: Doesnt matter who you are] She poked Kaiba where his heart was. [Tea: Anything your heart desires will come to you] She smiled and leaned over toward Mokuba and stroked his hair out of his face. [Tea: If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme When you wish upon a star As dreamers do
] She pulled the bed sheets closer to Mokuba. [Tea: Fate is kind She brings to those to love The sweet fulfillment of Their secret longing Like a bolt out of the blue Fate steps in and sees you through When you wish upon a star Your dreams come true]

After the song but the Kaiba brothers appeared to be out like a light. Kaiba had one arm thrown defensivly like over his brother and Mokuba had snuggled close to him. Tea smiled then gave them both a kiss on the forhead. She cut out the light and whispered "Goodnight you two." before shutting the door and heading back into her and Kaiba's room. Mokuba peeked one eye open to make sure Tea was gone before quietly tip toeing over to the balcony window. "Star light, star bright, first star i see tonight, i wish i may, i wish i might, have this wish i wish tonight." He whispered. "I wish i could spend more time like this with my brother, not at work, but doing normal brother stuff, like going to the park, or camping, or to the amusement park, or to the beach, yeah the beach, that would be so great." He glaced over at his wishing stone on the dresser. {I would use that, but i dont want to manipulate my brother like that, i hope this star thing works.} He said turning his head toward Kaiba, completely unaware that his brother had heard him get up.

He snuggled back in bed next to Kaiba and fell asleep. {Maybe i haven't been spending enough time with the kid.} He thought before drifting to sleep.

Meanwhile over at Joey's house, Joey was working on his plan to break Tea and Kaiba up. "Then I put a computer chip under a box, and when he goes to grab it i pull the string and nah that just stupid." Joey said crumpling up another notebook paper. He grabbed another sheet a paper and started to plot again. He smiled and laughed when he finally came up with his plan. {Ha, this is perfect, thanks to this buh-rilliant plan, ol' Moneybags won't even be able to hold his head up, let alone date Tea}He stretched and looked at the clock, 1:36. "Time ta hit the hay, i'll tell Tristan da plan ta morrow and come October 25, that rich boy will finally gets whats comin' to him. Sure Tea will be mad at first but then she'll see that this is for her good, that Kaiba's been nothin' but trouble since we first met the guy."

Also around the same time, the girl with the Brown eyes with golden specks watched Tea go back to Kaiba's room and close the door. A smile on Tea's face. {Enjoy it while ya can, because when the time is right, i'll make my move, and then i'll finally have everything i deserve.}She closed the door of her room. Then looked at herself in the mirror. "Renee (a/n: pronounced Rah Neigh) girl you've really out done yourself, this is so much better than when you snuck those cameras in his room." She smirked and turned on the light. Her entire room was dedicated to Kaiba, every magazine he had ever been in, every picture with him in it, she had a copy on her wall. Including pictures on her wall he hadn't known she had took of him, from the cameras, in his room, in his office, and in every inch of the house. She picked up a picture she had framed of him and stroked it. "Soon dear boy, everything you own, will be mine, including you." she hugged the picture and laughed mancially while the occupants of the house slept blissfully unaware of the dangers and trauma that lay ahead.

(a/n: This update came a little late due to the frantic scheduling that was my life, i wont be able to update as quickly since school started forme yesterday, and every course but theater is hard, i will however shoot for once a week and i will try to get another update in this week but i cant make any promises.)