Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ First Night ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Jessica Simpson owns With You

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

{ is thoughs }




When Tea got back to the Kaiba mansion Mokuba and some other boy ran up to her. "Hi Tea!" Mokuba greeted. "Hey Mokuba whos your friend?" she asked. "I'm Sam." The little boy piped up. Tea examined the boy. He had short spikey black hair. He had big green eyes an adorbably crooked smile, he was missing his two fronts teeth. "Nice to meet you." Tea said bowing respectivly as did Sam. "Guess what?" Mokuba said. "What?" Tea asked. "Seto said he was going to play board games with Me and Sam!" He exclaimed proudly. "Right after dinner." "Well that's wonderful." Tea smiled. {Come to think of it I havent anything in a while, I think I'll go see whats cooking}Tea thought.

She went into the Kitchen and laughed. Kaiba was covered head to toe in flour. The kitchen was a complete disaseter and Kaiba wore a food stained what she assumed use to be white apron. A bunch of pots on the stove were over flowing and the once white walls had food stains all over them. Tea looked up at the ceiling and saw a noodle hanging off the light fixture. {How'd he pull that off?} she wondered. "!#$ it!" Kaiba said holding down a pot lid as it overflowed. He then Pulled up the lid of another pot and looked inside and turned his head away in disgust.

"Seto what on Earth are you doing?" Tea said walking over to him. "The 8th cook this month quit leaving me too cook the chinese fried rice and the Yaki Tori (a/n: Yaki Tori is grilled chicken on a stick with a teriyaki sauce of sorts) and of course i just had to hire the chef that makes his own Teriyaki sauce!" "Not to mention the Ocha!" (a/n: Ocha is green tea) he said pointing to a spot where he had been trying to boil water but it had evaporated and the pan had burnt.

Tea couldnt help but giggle. "I'd of thought you'd know how to cook Seto tsk tsk." Tea said playfully wagging her finger. "Hey look at me, i look this good, i'm rich, and young, successful, i can sing and to top it all off i'm the worlds greatest duelist (Tea rolled her eyes at this last comment), I'm not going to have it all." he said half jokingly half serious.

Tea shook her. "Now Now Seto it doesnt take a lot to know how to cook." Kaiba scowled and turned his head. "!#$ woman !#$ !#$ !#$" he muttered under his breath.

Tea rolled her eyes. "Okay we're going to make all of this again and this time i'll help you." Tea said sweetly. "Why should i waste my time when..." He looked at her glaring at him. "Never mind." "Okay first things first lets get rid of this garbage." She said picking up a pot that had a the teriyaki sauce in it that smelled really bad. She turned her head away as she poured the semi liquid down the drain. Next she picked up a skillet looked like it had pieces of charred she didnt know what in it. {Let me guess the "fried rice"}Tea thought just putting the skillet in the sink. She looked at another pan that had a grilling rack over it that was covered in flour.

:"Seto you dont put flour on grilled chicken." "But my dad use to put flour and seasonings on the chicken before sticking in the pan it had a lot of grease in it." Tea looked down past the grilling rack and saw a bunch of oil. "Seto that was fried chicken." Tea said. "Oh."

After they had cleaned up Kaibas mess they started in on the food. "Okay." Tea said with a bunch of recipes in front of her. "Lets start with something simple not what you were making before." "Okay how about sashimi (a/n: that the raw fish found in sushi without the rice.) and rice and ocha." Kaiba nodded his head. "Okay now first we need to boil some water." She grabbed a pot and put some water in it and Kaiba grabbed another pot and was about to turn it on when Tea stopped him. "We put the Ocha water in this." she said holding up a teapot. "and we put on just before the food is ready so it will be ready when the food is." Kaiba nodded then picked up the pot and tried pouring it into the teapot but most of the water ended up on the floor.

"Okay, I'll put the water in the pot and you go get a mop." Tea said. Kaiba nodded then called one of his maids over and had her bring him a mop. Tea shook her head but said nothing. Kaiba mopped up the floor the got ready to make the sashimi. "Okay all you have do is..." Tea started,but Kaiba put his hand up. "I can handle making raw fish." he said. Tea handed him the knife. He started hacking the fish to pieces and he didn't bother to chop off the head. "Seto I don't think you should do it that..." Kaiba looked at her. "What I just cutting the sashimi." He said sincerely. "You didn't even clean it." "Ohhhh... Okay I'll clean it." He said grabbing some dish washing liquid and pouring it on the fish. He took a towel and started rubbing it down. "Seto maybe I should..." he looked at her. "Here you can help clean it too." He said handing her a handful of fish guts and fish and the towel. He squirted some dishwashing liquid on the fish guts then smiled and continued on to what he was doing. Tea wrinkled her nose and disgust and put the fish back on the table then wiped her hand on her white apron.

"Seto..." Tea said. "Hmmm." He said still "cleanining" the fish. "Stop." She said putting a hand on his arm. "Stop what?" he said still cooking. "Stop cleaning the fish!" she shouted a little more harshly then she meant too. He looked at her. "I'm just trying to help..." he began. "Help, this isnt help this is I don't even know what to call this I mean come on small children know how to cook better than you do! You know what just go I'll make dinner, it'll have to be something else cause you ruined this." She said irratibly. Kaiba looked at her then with hurt eyes then hung his head turned on his heel and left the kitchen. Tea bit her lower lip. {Maybe I was to hard on him... Part of this is my fault a student is only as good as the teacher teaches him to be after all... I'll have to apologize to him later but first things first.}

Kaiba went up to his room and took a shower and changed into his cream colored pajamas that had little blue eye white dragons for buttons and a little blues eyes on the corners of his collar. Then went to his office to work. {I was just trying to help its not like I ever got to learn how to do anything but make cereal from my parents then gozaboro and the company...I just didn't have time to learn. Besides that what cooks are for I don't know how I go through so many cooks just because I hire them and then don't trust them to do their job without poisoning me I do have a lot of people who try to do that kind of stuff.} His computer finished booting and he emersed himself in his work. Later Tea pulled out her suffle out of the oven. "Mmm." She said smelling it. "Hey Tea is dinner done yet!!!!" Mokuba and Sam shouted busting into the kitchen. The suffle fell. !#$ it!" Tea shouted. "Ooooo you said a sweeaarrr." Mokuba said. Tea glared daggers at the two boys and they ran across the kitchen toward her.

"What'cha doin'"asked Sam. "Cooking." Tea replied. "Why?" asked Mokuba. "Because your brother can't." "Why?" "I don't know." "Why?" "Because we've only been dating a few days." "Why." "Because we use to didn't like each other." "Why?" "Because we just didn't." "Why?" "Okay that's enough asking why." Tea said starting to get annoyed. "Why?" "Because its annoying." Tea said even more annoyed. "Why?" "Go away." "Why?" "Because your annoying me." Tea said even more annoyed. "Why?" Tea picked up the potatoes off the stove and started to walk towards the dining room. "Because your stupid." "Why?" "If you say why one more time I'll." "You'll what." Kaiba asked gruffly. Tea jumped, startled at Kaiba sudden entrance and landed on her but the potatoes flew in the air and landed on her head. Kaiba smirked and helped her up. "Take out." He said. "Take out." She replied. Kaiba took a bit of the mash potatoes she had made off her face with his finger and stuck it in his mouth. "Mmm." He said nodding his head. "Needed more butter."he said matter of factly.

Tea scowled in reply. "Can we get chinese food Seto." Mokuba asked. "Yea' Seto can we." Sam piped in. "Sure." He said ruffling Mokubas here. "Now go play." "Okay Seto." Mokuba said turning to leave. "Oh and Tea." Mokuba said looking back at her. "Yeah." Tea said sweetly. "Why." Mokuba said smirking. "Errr..." Tea said stalking toward Mokuba. "Aah." Mokuba said screaming and running away. Tea started to chase after him but Kaiba grabbed her arm. "What do you want." He said dragging her over to a touchscreen pad on his wall. Tea looked over the menu and shrugged. "I don't care." Tea said. "Oh and Seto...I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." Kaiba shrugged. "I was just a little tense from earlier."she said. "What happened earlier." He asked.

/Joey and Tristan and Duke were all talking at once about how she shouldn't hang around Kaiba whileYugi and Yami tried to calm them down. But they both kept switching bodies and talking amongst each other so to anybody walking by the would of thought that he was crazy. Tea meanwhile was covering her ears and trying to shout over them to stay out of her business but it ended up coming out as Tea putting her fingers in her ears. "Stay out of my business." "Tea do you know what kind of a person Kaiba is he..." Duke Tristan and Joey said. "Calm down you guys." Yugi said. "Yugi your friends are right, think about what Kaiba did to your grandfather." Yami said now in control of the body and moving a shouting Tristan out of the way. "Yami you said it your self that Kaiba could be trusted at battle city remember." Yugi said now in control of the body again and patting Tea on the back.

Tea brushed him off and started to walk down the sidewalk. Joey Tristan and Duke started to follow her. Yami started to follow them. "To give us a card to help us out yes, to date Tea no." "Wait up you guys." Yugi shouted. Tea sat on a bench and Joey Tristan and Duke surrounded her. 'I'm not listening lalalala..." Tea said closing her eyes, with her fingers in her ears. "Yami I think at least we should give him a chance." Yugi said trying to push his way through the guys. Yami took over. "But Yugi he hasn't exactly been on the best terms with any of us..." Yami said pushing Duke out the way. "Yami..." Yugi said taking back over the body once they got over to Tea and putting a symapthetic arm on her shoulder. "Yugi..." Yami said taking over and trying to comfort Tea as well. "Yami all I am saying is everyone deseverves a chance." Yugi said standing up and trying to calm down Joey. "Your right Yugi." Yami said finally calming everyone down. Joey stalked off angrily followed by Tristan. Tea glared at Duke and he ran off to hang with Joey./

"Trust me you don't want to know." Tea said shaking her head at the memory. "Whatever." Kaiba said stiffly then walking off. Once they food arrived they all went to the dining room. "Aww Seto can we eat in the living room?" Mokuba asked. "No." Kaiba said flatly. "Please." Mokuba said giving him the puppy dog eyes and pouting his lip. "N..." Kaiba began. Mokubas lip quivered. "Oh all right." Kaiba said and picking up the box of food and carrying it into the living room. "Yeah!" Sam and Mokuba shouted running into the living room. Kaiba followed after them and Tea followed him. Kaiba set the box on the coffee table then sat on the couch. Tea sat next to him. Mokuba and Sam sat on two beanbag chairs by their feet. Everyone grabbed their food and Kaiba, Mokuba and Sam both reached for the remote at the same time.

"I'd let go of that if I were you." Kaiba said. "Funny I was just about to say the same thing." Mokuba said. "Let go of that remote." Sam said. They all started glaring each other down. Tea got wordlessly and changed the channel to her favorite cartoon. She sat down and started laughing. "What's so funny." Kaiba hissed. "That bunny just hit the dog with that mallet." Tea said pointing to the tv. They all turned their heads to what Tea was watching then shrugged and ate their food. "So what game do you want to play?" Kaiba asked Mokuba shoving some noodles into his mouth. "Capsule Monster Chess." Mokuba exclaimed. "But you always win..." Sam whined. "That's why I want to play."

After dinner they all played capsule monster chess, Mokuba won, followed by Kaiba, then Tea, then Sam. Kaiba sent Mokuba and Sam to bed. Tea went to wash the dishes. Kaiba followed her in to the kitchen. "Why are you washing dishes that's what maids are for." Kaiba said looking at Tea. "I know but I dont mind doing dishes. It gives me time to think." Tea said turning around and smiling. "Think huh." Kaiba said walking over and picking up a dish that she had just washed. "Then i'll help." Tea handed him dishes then he rinsed them and put them in the dish rack. "Thanks." Tea said. Then both of them were silent reflecting on their own thoughts. {I can see why Mokuba said that Seto wasnt mean and that he was his best friend. He's like a whole different person to people he cares about.}{Its been kind of nice having Tea in the house but I cant help thinking that shes keeping something from me, if her parents were dead or cant get a job then the school would gadly let her work it must be something else. Best not to ask her about it now.}

Tea glanced over at Kaiba and saw him frowning. "What's the matter?" she asked. "Nothing." He said shaking his head. Then turning back to do the dishes. Tea looked down at the soapy dishwater then smiled mischeviously. "Hey Seto." She said. "What?" he said turning his head to look at him. She splashed him with some soapy water. "Hey!" he shouted sheilding himself. "Whats the matter scared of getting wet?" she said splashing him again. "That's it." He said pulling the rinsing hose and turning it on her. Tea put her arms up to shield her face. "Aah." She said turning on heel and running out the kitchen. Kaiba quickly grabbed Mokubas squirt gun from one of the drawers where he had confiscated it from before and filled it up with water.

"Ohh Tea." He shouted in a mock sing song voice. He found her hiding behind the couch. "Gotcha!" he shouted then Tea ran away from him out into the garden. Kaiba ran toward the garden then Tea stuck out her leg and he fell into the grass. She started tickling him. Kaiba started laughing and wiggled out of her grasp. "Who would of thought the great Seto Kaiba is ticklish." Tea teased. "Do you reallly think anyone else but you would have the nerve to try and tickle me." He said leaning close. "Yea well someone had to bring you back down to earth." She said smirking. "What's that supposed to mean." Tea face suddenly turned deadly serious. "I am Seto Kaiba and I am the worlds greatest duelist." She said mocking him. "That's not funny." Kaiba said getting up. Tea tackled him back down. "Oh lighten up I was just kidding." She said smiling. "Whatever." Kaiba said knocking her off.

Tea smiled at him. Kaiba looked at her. "Tea I've never met a girl like you, your amazing." He said sincerely. Tea smiled and looked up at the stars. "And I never met anyone quite like you either Seto." Tea smiled. "Soo Seto what kind of girls have you dated." "What!?" "You know give your list." "I am not giving you my list." "Fine then I'll give you mine."

The real me is a Southern girl With her Levi's on and an open heart Wish I could save the world

Tea looked at Kaiba. "Let's see there was you, of course, and this guy named Jim from 6th grade and Yami..."Tea said. Kaiba noticed the flash of hurt in her eyes when she said Yami.

"Do you still love him?" Kaiba asked cautiously. "Seto I not going to lie to you I do still think about him from time to time and I still want to be friends with him but the person I truly love is you." Tea said. She turned her head from him and looked up at the stars. "You know its funny I use to look at the stars and talk about this same sort of stuff, with Yami, and I havent done it in so long."

The real me used to laugh all night Lying in the grass, just talking 'bout love But lately I've been jaded Life got so complicated

"I mean I couldn't even really smile after he dumped me but now, but now for the first time in a long time I can truly smile I am truly happy and its all because of you."

I start thinking about it Almost forgot what it was like To know when it feels right But with you I can let my hair down I can say anything crazy I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground

Tea smiled at Kaiba. Kaiba studied her for a moment. "What?" she asked smiling. Kaiba smirked and set her up. "What?" she asked again. He made her face him. He kissed her passionitly. Then whispered in her ear. "Tea I never thought I would be able to be as happy as I am now again, its all thanks to you." He got up and walked back into the house. Tea chased after him. She finally caught up with him as he was about go into his room.

Tea huffed and puffed up to him. "You know what I just realised, you walk fast." Tea joked. Kaiba smiled at her and wiped some dirt off her cheek. "You got a little something there." He said laughing. "Yea well you got something on your face too." She said having to stand on her tiptoes just to wipe it off. "Looks like we both need a shower." She said. Tea and Kaiba looked at each other and then rushed to into the room. "I call first!" they both shouted at the same time. They scrambled to get their stuff together. Kaiba got to the door first. "Ha I win." He said facing her. Tea kicked him in the knee. "Ow." Kaiba said hopping up and down. Tea rushed into the bathroom and shut the door. "Hey I got their first." Kaiba said banging on the door. Tea opened in and stuck her tongue out at him.

After they had both showered and dressed. Tea laid down in bed. She saw Kaiba heading out the door. "Where ya going." Tea asked confused. "To my office, I have work I have to catch up on." He said eyeing her. {She looks so good in that big baby blue Tshirt of hers} He had noticed it came down her knees. {Where did she get that shirt did she buy it that big or did some guy give it to her.} Kaiba thought jealously. "Why cant you just relax for one day, I not ready to go to sleep yet I want to spend some time with you." Tea said. "Don't want to sleep, eh." Kaiba teased. Tea glared at him and threw a pillow at him. "You know that's not what I meant."

Kaiba smiled and sat down next to her on the bed. Tea looked up at Kaiba and smiled. "Thanks." Kaiba shrugged his shoulders. "So what you want to talk about." "Anything." Tea said laying down. They talked for a few hours about duel monsters, school, Kaiba's job, Tea's new "job" and anything else that came into their mind. Tea sat up and looked at Kaiba who had laid down. He was laying on his stomach arms folded. "Your job sounds stressful." She said. "Let me give you a massage." She grabbed his shoulders and started rubbing them. Tea felt awkward at first, this definintly wasn't like the pregame football massagess she gave Joey. Kaiba didn't seem to notice or anything at all. "Seto." She said. Silence. She glance over at him and saw he had fallen asleep.

She smiled and brushed his bangs off his face. Tea took the moment to study Kaiba, he was wearing silky red sleep shorts and that was it. She blused and laid back on her bed. {Seto is so wonderful I just hope that the other guys will accept us being togheter, but if they don't then I am not leaving him, hes the best thing that's come my way since...Yami} she thought sleepily. She closed her eyes.

You speak and it's like a song And just like that, all my walls come down It's like a private joke Just meant for us to know I relate to you naturally Everybody else just fades away Sometimes it's hard to breathe Just knowing you found me 'Cause I start thinking about it I almost forgot what it was like To know when love feels right 'Cause with you I can let my hair down I can say anything crazy I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground With nothing but a T-shirt on I never felt so beautiful Baby, as I do now Now that I'm with you With you With you With you

They woke up the next morning and went to school. Tea grabbed Kaiba's hand and started to take him to the courtyard where Yugi and the gang were , she didn't care if they saw her there. {I just know they'll be happy for me and if there not then I just have to make them understand that when I with him and I love him and he loves me back and that's all that should matter, right} Kaiba looked at her and frowned. "Tea don't want to hang out with your little friends." Kaiba muttered. "Please Seto I have, no we have to do this." Tea said pleadingly. Kaiba looked at her then nodded. "Alright." He said squeezing her hand tighter. "Just breathe." Tea whispered to herself as they made their way to the courtyard.


Come and take me Love you, save me Like nobody else Now I can be myself with you
I can let my hair down I can say anything crazy I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground With nothing but a T-shirt on I never felt so beautiful Baby, as I do now Now that I'm with you I can let my hair down I can say anything crazy I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground With nothing but a T-shirt on I never felt so beautiful Baby, as I do now Now that I'm with you




sorry for the late update but I got in trouble with my parents because of my brother and I wasnt able to update as soon as I would of liked but im sure most of you out there know how that goes.