Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Moving In ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Kelly Clarkson owns Miss Independent

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

{ is thoughs }

When Tea and Kaiba stepped out of the limo at school holding hands everyone was shocked. Tea unuse to getting all that public attention squeezed Kaibas hand tighter. "I cant do this." She whispered to him. "Just Breathe." He replied. "What?" she whispered. "Whenever your scared or anixious or just feel like you cant do something, rather that something be good or bad all you have to do is breathe." He whispered back. Tea breathe in deep and muttered I can do this to herself. Then they walked in the building and saw Serenity and Mai gawking at them like they were aliens. "What'd I miss?" Mai whispered to Serenity. "I was about to ask you the same question." Serenity whispered back. {Great even my friends are looking at me funny} she thought. "Hey hun, hows every little thing." Mai said grabbing Serenity and dragging her over to the couple. "Mai…" Serenity whispered. "I don't think I should go over Kaiba hates my brother he'll probably hate me too." "Too bad."

"What about you Kaiba." Asked Serenity timidly. Kaiba just glared at her. "None of your business." He hissed. "Oh, okay." Serenity said hiding behind Mai. Kaiba kept glaring at her. {I hope Tea doesn't really expect me to put up with that Mutt AND his sister} Tea looked at Kaiba and at Mai and Serenity who both seemed a jumpy, even though Mai was much better at hiding it. "Stop it your scaring them."she whispered. "So…" Kaiba whispered back. Tea elbowed him in the stomach, and smiled at Mai and Serenity. "Sorry he just not use to interacting in non business type matter with people are you Seto." She said sugary sweet. "No." he said shaking his head and trying to catch his breath at the same time. "and he feels great, much better than he has in a long time don't you Seto." "I wouldn't say that…" he said finally catching his breath, when Tea elbowed him again still smiling at Mai and Serenity. "I mean yes…" "Good boy now come on." She said patting his head and grabbing him by his collar and dragging him down the hallway toward their first class.

"Hey Let go this is undignified do you know who I am, I'm Seto Kaiba no one treats me this way not even you Tea." Kaiba shouted his voice growing quieter as Tea and Kaiba made there way down the hallway. Suddenly Mai and Serenity heard a large smack. Then silence. They didn't know what he said but knowing Kaiba… "They havent been dating even twenty four hours and already their bickering." Mai said shaking her head. Serenity just nodded. Then they ran to their first hour. They were a little early and saw Tea in the front of the room with Kaiba, who was sitting on a desk with his back leaned against the wall sulking.

"What was that for woman!" Kaiba demanded. "You know full well it was for." "Look I don't know where you get off, incase your wondering I do not let people run all over me Gardner, I dominate people, people don't dominate me." "Ooo like you dominate Mokuba." "Whats that supposed to mean." Tea suddenly noticed Mai and Serenity in the doorway.

"Mai, Serenity who is the dominate brother in the Kaiba family." Mai and Serenity looked at each other than at Tea. "Mokuba" they said at the same time. "What are you idiots babbling about, I'm the Alpha male when it comes to Mokuba." "Please he gots you wrapped around his little finger." Tea said. "He does not!" "All he has to do is flash you with those little puppy dog eyes of his and you cave in to whatever hes going on about." Tea said. Mai started imatating Mokubas puppy dog eyes. "Please Seto can I have ice cream before dinner." She said looking at Serenity. Serenity giggled and couldn't help but play along. "NO, you'll rot your teeth." Serenity said in a robotic voice. "Pretty please." Mai said still imating Mokuba. "Yes Master." Serenity said still in a robotic voice. Tea, Mai, and Serenity started cracking up. Kaiba's face got red with anger it was all he could do to restrain from slapping the lot of them. "Errr, what do you half wits know anyway." Kaiba said walking off toward the back of the room, turning over desk and grumbling something about women that they didn't quite catch, nor did they think that they wanted too.

He sat at his deck and hid his face with his bangs and crossed his arms. "Humph." Tea looked back and giggled. {He so cute when hes ticked off like that}Tea thought. He looked up and shot her glare. {and scary too} "So what happened to and I qoute swearing off of men forever" Mai teased. Tea shot her glare. "Yeah well things change." She said looking back at Kaiba who was still sulking.

Then the class bell rang and everyone filed into class. Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Duke made their way into the room and looked at Tea. "Hey Tea wassup we didn' catch ya at the courtyard today." Joey said. "Hellooo, earth to Tea." Tristan said waving his hand in front of Teas face. "Hmmm" Tea said. "What'cha lookin' at Kaiba for." Joey asked, "Did that jerk say somethin' to you." This snapped Tea out of it. "uh..uhh…nno im not staring at Kaiba I was jjust thinking about about…"Tea looked and saw a poster of some Kuriboh on the wall next to Kaiba that said even small things count. "about Kuriboh." "Oh okay" Joey said dumbly. Tristan and Yugi stared at Joey in disbelief but decided better of saying anything

The teacher tapped his ruler on the desk. "Okay everyone settle down today were going to learn how to turn quadratic equations into binomials." Said the teacher. But Tea wasn't listening she was to be busy thinking about Kaiba.

Infact she didn't even realize that class had begun until permission slips were being handed back. She looked down at the permission slip and saw it was to go to the amusement park/ waterpark that was right in downtown Domino. {I wonder if Seto is going to go} Then she noticed the parent signature and started feeling really sad. {I miss my parents so much, I loved them and I know they loved me but they never wanted to let me even try to be a dancer…and now I cant even go on this stupid field trip cause I need their stupid signature and I don't know how I'm going to make rent if I cant work…I cant take this} she thought. She started crying, silently to herself. "Miss Gardner is everything all right." The teacher asked. "Yes, Mr.Stone I just don't feel well is all." Tea half lied. "Okay, I'll send you down to the nurses office." Mr.Stone. "I'll escort her." Kaiba said. "Okay, Mr.Kaiba, but come straight back." He said handing them the hall pass, unsure of what was really going on.

{What in the !@#$} Joey and Tristan thought at the same time. {Wait a minute did I miss something} Yugi mindlinked to Yami. {I think we all missed something} Yami mindlinked back.

Tea would of collapsed in the hallway if wasn't for the fact that Kaiba caught her. She sobbed in his shirt. He stroked her hair and waited for her to calm down a bit. She slowly stopped crying. He lifted her chin up with his index and middle finger than wiped away her tears with his thumb. "Now you want to tell me what's wrong." He asked. She hiccuped then shook her head and threw herself back in his arms. "You can tell me anything Tea that's what I am here for." He said stroking her hair. "I don't know what I am going to do, I cant work because of stupid school rules and I cant go to my parents because…I just cant" she said sobbing. "So im going to lose my apartment for sure and probably end up some hobo on the street holding up a sign saying will dance for food." She said crying her eyes out. "Don't you think your being just a little bit ridiculous." "No! I am not being ridicoulus." She said trying to break free from his embrace. "People like you never understand, you don't have to worry about money." Kaiba frowned.

"I'm sorry and as for your apartment, no girlfriend of mine is going to be homeless, how about I pay your rent this month." "Kaiba I don't want you to give me any money." "Well then come live with me." Teas eyes went wide and she freed herself from him. "You cant be serious." "Why cant I be, wont let me give you money, yet you cant work, yo don't want to be homeless and now your refusing a home?" "I don't want to be some charity case." "Well then, you can be Mokubas nanny, I'm looking for one anyway and you'll be making money so you could move out eventually…if you still wanted too." "I wouldn't want to impose…" "Tea we could both live in my mansion and never see each other, trust me you wouldn't be imposing." "Well okay then…I guess, but how are you going to convince the school to let me work for you?"

Kaiba smirked. "Just watch me work, lets go." "What now?!" "Why not now?" "I never skip school, never!" she whispered. Kaiba rolled his eyes. "There's a first time for everything." He said grabbing her hand. "but I promised to fill in Mai and Serenity in on what happened last night?" He rolled his eyes. "Fine." He crumpled up the hall pass and threw it at Mai

Mai turned her head towards Kaiba and he nodded his to her to come over. Mai arched an eyebrow. He pointed to Serenity and Mai then nodded for them to come out of the classroom. Joey noticed this and frowned when Mai and Serenity looked at the teacher before sneaking out toward Kaiba. "Errr, why is that jerk callin' ma sister over to him fo'." Joey said through gritted teeth. "I'll show 'im not to mess.." Tristan cupped his hand over Joeys mouth and stopped him from going over. "Joey you need to calm down, if you walk over there now you'll only be getting you sister in trouble too." Joey sat back down leaned back in his chair crossed his arms and grumbled too himself about how Kaiba was lucky he hadnt got up and what he was going to do to him the next time he saw him.

"Lets go." Kaiba said turning to walk off. "Wait whats going on?" said Serenity looking at the classroom trying to decide wheter she wanted to skip or not. "Teas moving to my house and your going to help her pack." Kaiba said like it wasn't really all that big of a deal. "What!" Mai and Serenity shouted at the same time. Kaiba covered their mouths. "Do you want to get us all suspended." He hissed. "Why do you care Kaiba?" Mai asked. "Mokuba doesn't want me too…" he said turning his head. They all started cracking up. "Shutup." He snapped. "Now come on." He said grabbing Teas hand and began dragging her down the hallway. "I don't know if I should…" Serenity whispered. "What?" Kaiba asked. "Skip with you guys I'll just be heading back to class…" she said backing up. "Oh no you don't, your coming with us I am not going to risk you being telling on us." "I wont" "Too bad I don't trust you." He said picking up Serenity and slinging her over one of his shoulders.

He grabbed Teas hand with his free one and started dragging her down the hallway, he turned toward Mai. "Any questions?" she shook her head and they began making their way down the door. Kaiba let go and of Teas hand for a second and put on a headset. He then called ordered the phone to execute plan 009. Soon it sound like he had some business meeting over the phone. He grabbed Teas hand. They continued down to the main entrance. Kaiba kept talking and nodded to the guard, who nodded back and let them all just walk out the school with no problems.

"Can ya put me down now?" asked Serenity as they approached Kaiba's electric blue Bentley Azure. (a/n: I don't own Bentley, and this car is real it's the fastest four seat convertible in the world} "Wow Kaiba this is a sweet ride, glad I took the bus today." Exclaimed Mai jumping into the back seat. Serenity hopped in after Mai. Tea sat in the passenger side. Kaiba kissed Tea then started up the car. He put on a pair of sleek black sunglassess. "Lets Ride." He said. Then pulled out of the drive way, and sped off.

When they got too Teas house Tea ran inside and started packing. Soon they had almost everything packed away. They started Stacking things for Kaiba to carry. He felt like was carrying every little thing in the house all at once his knees were shaking and he could barely move. Then his cellphone started ringing. He froze. "ring, ring" the cellphone kept ringing whoever it was was important. "I'll get it." Tea offered. She picked up his cellphone and took a message. She stuck the cellphone back in his pocket along with the message he leaned to the side the cellphone was on and fell over. Taking with him all of Teas stuff. (a/n: I know, I know this is the oldest one in the book but I couldn't help sticking it in there (^_^)) He rubbed the back of his head. "Oww." He said then collapsed on the ground. When they finally got all the stuff loaded into the car they took off to the Kaiba mansion. Tea looked up at her new home and awe along with Mai and Serenity.

"This is where I'm going to live?" Tea asked in disbelief. "What did ya expect a shack?" Kaiba asked sarcastically. "No, but this, this is incredible." she said looking up at the huge victorian style mansion with sprawling lush green grass outside. "So where do ya want to sleep." He asked once they got inside the house. "Your room of course." She said matter of factly. He dropped her bags. "What?!" "You don't mind do you." She said pouting. "Well no…but…My room?!" "Well yea…unless you don't want me there." "Well I…" {My room, I don't really want her there my room is well my room but I cant tell her that…besides it doesn't sound that bad…} "Ok, you can stay in my room." He said. "Yea!" she said throwing her arms around him. "Now come on and help me unpack." He led her through the house showing her where everything was and then finally he came to his room. He opened it and let them in. Tea wrinkled her nose. The room was plent plane there was some navy blue curtains and the bed had a navy blue bedspread. There was navy blue and white wallpaper. There was a desk in the corner with a desk lamp and there was walk in closet and a bathroom other than that there was nothing in the way of decoration.

Tea walked over to the bed and saw little blue eyes white dragons all over it. She giggled. "Whats so funny?" he asked. She shook her head and tried to stifle her laughter. He looked over at what she was looking at. "Mokuba gave that for my last birthday…" he said blushing and suddenly uncomftorble with them scrutinizing his room. Tea noticed this. "I'm sorry." She said wrapping her arms around his neck. "So lets unpack already." Mai said. After they finished unpacking some of Teas stuff they left the house to get something to eat.

Tea and Kaiba changed their clothes. Kaiba wore what he wore at battlecity while Tea wore a black shirt that said "as a matter of fact the world does revovle around me."and some blue jeans. They stopped at Mai and Serenity house and let them change too. Mai wore a purple halter top and a black skirt, Serenity wore a pink tshirt and some khaki shorts. "So where do you ladies want to go." Kaiba asked pulling out of Mai's drive way. "How about we go back to that Karaoke bar, since our trip was ruined last night." Mai said. "Sounds good." Tea and Serenity agreed. "Ramone's Karaoke and Seafood it is." Kaiba said. They got there and sat down and ordered their food. Kaiba ordered Shrimp and Rice, Tea ordered Sushi and Rice, Mai ordered Seafood Pasta, and Serenity ordered Sushi and Rice balls.

As they watched some people perform and eat there food they remained pretty silent. Although it wasn't an uncomftorble one Mai decided to break it anyway. "Serenity do you know what I just noticed, you're the only one of us whos never went up stage and singed." Serenity almost choked on her riceball. "Oh no I couldn't…" she said nervously. "Why not?" because I cant really sing all that well. "well neither can I but that doesn't stop me."Mai said. "I'm sure you can do well and we all we be here supporting you." Tea said. Serenity nodded and went upstage and took the mike.

"Umm this song is dedicated to my friend Tea." She said softly into the microphone. Everyone ignored her except Tea and Mai and surprisingly enough Kaiba. She started singing really softy.

[Serenity: Miss independent Miss self-sufficient Miss keep your distance, mmmm]

Serenity looked around and started sweating nervously. Everyone in the room kept talking. She picked up her voice just a tiny bit.

[Serenity: Miss unafraid Miss out of my way Miss don't let a man interfere, no]

"Will you peole shut up and let the girl sing!" Kaiba suddenly growled loudly. Everyone turned toward him and seeing who it was shutup. "T.Thanks Kaiba." Serenity said quietly. He waved his hand for her to go on. She picked her voice up a little more now.

[Serenity: Miss on her own Miss almost grown Miss never let a man help her off her throne]

She started swaying her hips to the music. She let her voice get much louder and in tune with the music, her voice now rivaled that of Kelly Clarkson.

[Serenity: So, by keeping her heart protected She'll never, ever feel rejected Little miss apprehensive Said ooh, she fell in love] Serenity let her voice boom around the room amazing everyone.

[Serenity: What is this feeling taking over? Thinking no one could open the door Surprise, it's time, to feel what's real What happened to miss independent's no longer need to be defensive? Goodbye, old you, when love, is true Misguided heart Miss play it smart Miss if you wanna use that line, you better not start, no But she miscalculated She didn't wanna end up jaded And this miss decided not to miss out on true love So, by changing a misconception She went in a new direction And found inside, she felt a connection She fell in love What is this feeling taking over? Thinking no one could open the door Surprise, it's time, to feel what's real What happened to miss independent's no longer need to be defensive? Goodbye, old you, when love, is true (when love, is true) When miss independent walked away No time for love that came her way She looked in the mirror and thought today What happened to miss no longer afraid? It took some time for her to see How beautiful love could truly be No more talk of why can't that be me I'm so glad I've finally seen What is this feeling taking over? Thinking no one could open the door Surprise, it's time, to feel what's real What happened to miss independent's no longer need to be defensive? Goodbye, old you, when love, is true (when love, is true)]

Everyone one in the room was in Awe. [Serenity: Miss independent] Everyone in the room stood up and clapped. Serenity smiled and bounced off and sat down like it was nothing. Everyone at the table just stared at her. Kaiba was the first to break the silence. "Well I guess someone in your family had to be talented." He said. "Thanks…I think." Serenity replied.

After they finished eating they went to the park. Mai and Serenity went for a walk while Tea sat on a pair of swings. Kaiba sat next to her. "Serenity some singer huh." Tea said making small talk. "Yea." "Umm, Kaiba I just want to thank you for today." "No problem., but like I said before I would do anything for you Tea." Tea smiled. Kaiba got up behind her and started pushing her on the swing Tea smiled and she loved the feeling of the wind in her hair.

Afterwards the went for a walk then sat near the lake and watched the clouds go by and talked. They didn't even notice when Mai and Serenity said their goodbyes and left. They just continued talking til it became sunset. Tea sat up and watched the sunset. Kaiba sat up and looked at Tea. "Beatiful, isnt it." Tea said lazily still looking at the sunset. "Mmmhmm." Kaiba said still looking at her. She turned her head toward his and notcied he was only inches away. They stared into each others eyes for minute then closed their eyes and leaned in for the kiss. But they were interuppted when Joey shouted. "Kaiba get away from her!" Kaiba looked up and saw Yugi, Duke, Tristan, and Joey. "Joey!" Tea shouted. Kaiba shook his head. "Its ok, I'll go." Kaiba said dusting himself off. "I got to check up on Mokuba anyway." He glared at Joey then whispered to Tea that he'd send a limo by later, just call him Tea nodded remembering their phone number from last night. Then Kaiba walked off.