Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ The Morning After ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Foreign owns I want to know what love is

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

{ is thoughs }

'Yami stood across from Tea surronded by all Tea's friends. Kaiba stood behind her his face expressionless, like almost always. "You betrayed me, we were supposed to be friends and then you go and fall in love with my rival." Yami accused. "Yami, I'm sorry, I…" Tea said. Yugi, who had his own body interuppted her, "How could you Tea." "Yugi…" Tea said tears welling in her eyes. "You were supposed to be one of us." Chanted Joey, Tristan, Duke, Mai, and Serenity. "I am." "No, your not with him." They all chanted pointing their fingers at Kaiba. Kaiba just kept staring straight forward, expressionless. "Please let me still be your friends and Kaibas." "No you must choose." Yami said. "I..I.." Tea started walking towards them.

"It's too late." They all started chanting and floating backwards into the darkness. Soon they were engulfed completely in it. Tea fell to her knees. "Wait…"she choked out between her sobs. She was completely surronded by the dark. She turned around and saw Kaiba staring at her, emotionlessly. She ran and embraced him. She buried her head into his shirt. "Seto, this awful." She cried. "Its about to get a whole lot worse." He sneered. She looked up and saw him with a sinister smirk on his face and a knife raised in the air. She screamed as the knife came plungin toward her heart.'

Tea screamed, and woke up in a cold sweat. She looked around the room. {This room isnt mine, where, Kaiba!} she thought fearfully. She looked over her side at him and saw him sweating and tossing and turning and whimpering in his sleep. "Seto wake up." She pleaded.

'Gozaboro was standing over him, at least 50 feet tall. "Admit it you don't love her." He sneered. "Your wrong." He shouted. "No you don't, your just using her for the Yokuza account." "No, I started out looking for candidates so I'd have a girlfriend, so they'd consider me but its turned into something more." "Liar!" Gozaboro shouted and smacked him across the face. Kaiba landed on the ground and fell through the floor. "You don't love her, and she doesn't love you." "You don't even know what love is." "Yes, I do." "Face it your worthless noone could ever love you." "That's not true." "Yes it is and you know."

"NO!" Kaiba shouted and turned around and tried to run, but he couldn't get away. "Then why arent your parents here." He was suddenly confronted of an image of his parents scowling at him angrily. "NO!" he shouted and turned to run another way. "Why did your Aunt just use up your inheritance and then send you to live in that orphanage." He was suddenly confronted with another image of his past this time of his Aunt glaring at him. "How come you had no friends at the orphanage." Suddenly another image appeared in front of him of a bunch of the bullies he had to fight off during his stay at the orphanage. He turned to run another way but Gozabora blocked him. "Face it your worthless, no ever has, ever will love you." "NO!" he shouted.

Backing away in the only clear direction he was suddenly on a high cliff. He began backing up. "Worthless." All the figures began chanting. "No!" He shouted crying. "Worthless." They all began chanting. Tea suddenly among them. "No." he whimpered. "Worthless." "No." he cried backing up further. He tried to back up more but he was at the edge.. "Worthless!" they all shouted lunging at him. He stepped back and noticed there was nothing to step on some little rocks he had stepped tumbled down the cliff. But they landed on the ground because the ground under him suddenly gave way plunging him to the cavern below. "Nooooo!" he shouted as he fell.'

Tea began shaking him, but all he did was keep muttering no in his sleep. "Seto wake up." She said still crying, because he wouldn't and because of her own nightmare. He suddenly shot up "No!" he shouted in a cold sweat. He began hyper ventalating for a second, his eyes wet from tears he refused to shed. He looked over at Tea who was crying. "Tea." He said confused. "What are you doing here?" She looked up at him startled at his question. "Don't you remember anything about last night." He shook his head. "The last thing I remember is singing onstage, you went to your car to get…something and the rest is all a blur, I don't even know how I got home." He said. This made Tea cry even more. He pulled her close to him. "Don't cry." He said trying to calm her down. "What's wrong." She wrapped her arms around his waist and began crying in to his shirt. "Yami said I betrayed him…and everyone was chanting…and then you had a knife….and then you wouldn't wake up…you kept saying no, no, no…and now you don't remember." She said choking between her sobs. "Wait..What?" Kaiba asked.

Tea calmed down and told him everything start to finish and he told her is nightmare. They both stared at each other for awhile. "Seto, where do we go from here?" Tea asked. "I don't know."

Gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over I better read between the lines In case I need it when I'm older

"Tea you do know I would never try to kill you right?" Kaiba asked disturbed by a certain part of her dreams. Tea shook her yes. "and You do know that your not worthless and that I do feel the same way about you as you do about me." She asked him. He shook his yes. "I think so, but I'm not sure, my dream was right I don't really know what love is Tea ever since my parents died, no one had ever really cared about me except Mokuba and now you." He said trying to keep himself from crying. Tea nodded in understanding. "I know what you mean, I thought I knew what love was but Yami…" she said crying. "I don't know if this going to work out, I'm scared that I'll be hurt again." Tea admitted crying. "I'm scared too Tea I've been alone for so long…"

This mountain I must climb Feels like a world upon my shoulders Through the clouds I see love shine It keeps me warm as life grows colder In my life there's been heartache and pain I don't know if I can face it again Can't stop now, I've traveled too far To change this lonely life

"But I'm willing to give it a shot if you are." Kaiba said seriously. Tea just jumped into his arms and began sobbing and squeezing him tight. He held her tight back. "I want to try too." She said crying.

I want to know what love is I want you to show me I want to feel what love is I know you can show me

For awhile they just sat like that, Tea sobbing into Kaiba shirt and him holding on to her tight holding back tears of his own.

I'm gonna take a little time A little time to look around me I've got nowhere left to hide It looks like love has finally found me In my life there's been heartache and pain I don't know if I can face it again I can't stop now, I've traveled too far To change this lonely life

Finally Tea stopped crying and looked up at Kaiba. She smiled at him. "Thank you, Seto." "For what." "For being so understanding, for not giving up on me even after I kept ignoring you." He shook his head. "Tea, that was nothing, I'd do anything for you." He said. Tea smiled. "I know Seto, I know." She said squeezing him tighter. Mokuba came bounding into the room. He looked at Tea and Kaiba holding each other. They quickly, yet reluctantly let go of each other. Mokuba smiled. "I was going to ask could we go out and get waffles but since you two are busy…" Mokuba said in a teasing tone. "Actually breakfast sounds nice." Tea said. Then Mokuba skipped out of the room followed by Tea and Kaiba holding hands.

I want to know what love is I want you to show me I want to feel what love is I know you can show me