Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Music and Business part 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Clay Aiken owns Invisible

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

[ someone singing]

"qoutes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

{ is thoughs }

Tea walked up to Kaiba. "Hi." She said. All he did was grunt a hello and was about to drink the tainted cola when Tea grabbed his arm. "Bet you 5 bucks you won't go up their and sing a song." He glared at her. "I'm no going to do anything that stupid, now go away I have important business here Gardner." He spat. {He's back to using my name he really doesn't like me anymore… I guess I shouldn't mind its not like I like him…Do I} He noticed her crestfallen expression. {I hate when she gets sad like that I wish she would let me be apart of her life I want her to be happy… I want her to be happy with me } "What are you scared?" she said mockingly interuppting his train of thoughts. "Seto Kaiba is afraid of nothing." "Prove it." "I don't have to prove anything." "I knew you were scared." "I am not! You are about to be eating those words."

He got up to the stage and took the mike, he noticed that everyone in the room was staring at him in silence. {May as well kill two birds with one stone and tell Tea how I feel and if she doesn't feel the same I can deny everything.} He flipped through the songs they had. {Not like she notices me anyway…not the way I want her too} He found the song he wanted to sing. {Well it's a little to pop for my taste but this is a karaoke bar and it has the words I want to say.} He walked up to mike and cleared his throat after whispering to the karaoke bar music handler guy what he wanted to use. (a/n: what is that guy called? does he count as Dj , I don't know oh well on with the fic,)

[Kaiba: What are you doing tonight I wish I could be a fly on your wall Are you really alone Still in your dreams Why can't I bring you into my life What would it take to make you see that I'm alive
Is I was invisible Then I could just watch you in your room If I was invisible I'd make you mine tonight If hearts were unbreakable Then I can just tell you where I stand I would be the smartest man If I was invisible (Wait...I already am)]

Tea noticed that the whole time his eyes focused on her and no one else in the room. Time seemed to stand still and the whole room was empty. Except for them and he was singing to her and not just at same karaoke bar but only to her and they were the only two in the room.

[Kaiba: I saw your face in the crowd I called your name You don't hear a sound I keep tracking your steps Each move you make Wish I could be what goes through your mind Wish you could touch me with the colors of your life If I was invisible Then I could watch you in your room If I was invisible I'd make you mine tonight If hearts were unbreakable Then I can just tell you where I stand I would be the smartest man If I was invisible (Wait...I already am)]

Mai and Serenity looked at Tea focusing on him with a dreamy look in her eyes. They smiled knowingly and noticed that Kaiba's gaze had never left hers.


[Kaiba: I reach out But you don't even see me Even when I'm screaming Baby, you don't hear me I am nothing without you Just a shadow passing through...]

Tea gulped after the song was over and clapped, most the people in the bar did. Except two, Mr.Toyama and Mr.Hashimura, just crossed their arms and looked at Tea. "If she proves to be anymore trouble then you know what to do." Mr.Toyama said to Hashimura. Hashimura just nervously nodded his head in response. Kaiba walked over to Tea with that arrogant smirk that he was so infamous for. Tea looked at Kaiba. "That…That was wonderful." Tea said. "Thanks he said rubbing the back of his head." "Sooo…" she said nervously. "Sooo…" he said in reply just as awakardly, they both suddenly found the floor very interesting. For a while there was an awkward silence between the two.

Kaiba was the first to break it. "I guess you owe me five bucks." He said back in regular tone of voice. "Don't worry you can take your time to pay it I'm sure that someone such as you would have trouble paying such a large amount." He said his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Hahaha very funny, so funny I forgot to laugh." Tea said in reply. She went to the table and saw her black clutch wasn't there. "Oops, must of left my purse in the car, I'll be right back." She said rushing out of the karaoke bar. She grabbed her clutch and when she suddenly remembered the cola. She got back there just in time to see him sitting down at the table gulping it down in when fowl swoop. "Nooo."she whispered all teary eyed.

Kaiba eyes suddenly got really small for a second as pain suddenly shot through his abdomen. He clutched his sides. "Now that we got your attention Mr.Kaiba, where all those blue prints." Said Mr.Yomata in a sickenly calm voice. Kaiba couldn't talk though even if he wanted too, he was in too much pain, he felt like his insides were being shredded by thousands of knives. "Whats the matter cat got your tongue." Mr.Yomata said smirking his voice cruely sarcastic. "Don't worry you'll live…as long as you give those blueprints." Kaiba began having trouble breathing and sweat began pouring down his face. He shut his eyes tight and groaned. "What the heck did you give him Mr.Hashimura ." Mr.Yomata said angrily. "The mind control serum just like u said, the one where he has to do whatever you say and tell you what you want to know without lying, just like u said." "Let me see that vial."

He snatched it out of his hands and read the label. "Err, he must be having an allergic reaction lets get out of here while the getting is good."He said with sickening indifference. He suddenly grabbed Tea and slammed her against the wall. "I know you've been eavesdropping you little rat and if anyone finds out that hes been poisoned then you and your entire family all your pretty little friends there are all dead." He said his voice low and menacing. Mr.Yomata then preceded to walk over to where Kaiba was and where Mr.Hashimura was checking him for the blueprints.

"Find anything?" Mr.Yomata asked. "N.N.N. No sir." "Then lets go, grab my briefcase." He turned toward where Kaiba was and lifted his head up by his hair, "Pleasure doing business with you." He said mockingly then let his head drop back to the table. He walked out of the bar casually like nothing had happened. Mr.Hashimura grabbed his briefcase and started to walk off. He stopped at Tea. "Hhhere." He said holding out a small vial. "What that?" she asked afraid. "The a.a.a.anidote, j.j.just give to this him with some water and keep a close eye on him aaand he should sssurvive the n.n.night." he said holding out. She was wary of it but took it anyway. "How do I know its not posion." She hissed. "I.I.Its n.n.not I.I don't like k.killing anyone, but I have to listen to the b.b.boss if I want to see my family again." The guy said miserably. Tead clenched the bottle and nodded. "Thank you." She said sincerely. "Mr.Hashimura." Mr.Yomata thundered out. "C.Coming!" he shouted he nodded at her then ran off.

Mai and Serenity ran up to Tea as soon as Mr.Hashimura had left and caught her from collapssing. "We got to get Seto out of here." Tea said. "Right." Mai and Serenity both said. They all used all the strength they had to lift him up. "For a skinny guy he sure is heavy."Serenity said, trying to keep herself from collapsing and having one of his arms slung over her shoulder. Mai had his other arm over her shoulder. "Yeah, and bye the way Tea when did you start calling him Seto." Tea blushed and almost collapsed under his weight as she had her back against his chest and was trying to push him up with her legs but her feet were just skidding on the floor. {Darn Stilletos.} finally they managed to push him up but then he almost fell over backwards so Tea ran behind him and pushed up with her back but he almost fell forward so she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Ohh no you don't." she said. Then they took her out to Teas car they put him in the passenger side. "You should take him home hun, me and Serenity will catch a cab." Mai said. "You guys sure?" Tea asked. "We're positive." Serenity piped in. Tea pulled out of the lot of the bar {so much for our girls night out} and checked his coat for a cellphone she was glad when she saw Mokuba's number in the address book. She called him and got their address. They immediately got him in bed and grabbed some water they mixed the solution of the vial and water togheter and tilted his head up and poured down his throat. Tea checked his temperture with the back of her hand. "He's burning up, Mokuba go get a towel and wet with cold water." Mokuba nodded and rushed to get it. She rolled it up and placed it on his forhead. "Big brother, please be okay." Mokuba said miserably then he picked up his brothers arms and snuggled it next to him and clutched his shirt with one hand.

"Well, I guess I should go." Tea said. She picked up her clutch and got up. "Please stay." Mokuba said. "I don't want to be alone." "You have all these maids Mokuba and I really should go what would your brother think?" "He wouldn't mind and I really just want a friend right now." He said looking down at his brother who was sleeping. Tea felt a lump rise in her throat she nodded and kicked off her shoes and sat down on the chair at Kaibas side. A few hours later Kaiba woke up and saw Tea sleep with her arms crossed and her head resting on his bed he looked to the other side and saw Mokuba. Mokuba woke up.

"Big Brother what are you doing up you need your rest.?" "Unn, what happened?"he asked obviously still feeling the effects of the poison. He tried to get up but Mokuba pushed him back down. "Don't you remember you were poisoned and Tea had to bring you home, we were so worried." Mokuba said tears welling in his eyes at the memory. "Please just stay in bed." "Okay right after I get some water." He tried to get up but Mokuba pushed him back down. "I'll get it." Mokuba opened the door and left the room. The sound of the door opening closing woke up Tea. "Unnn, where am I." Tea said rubbing her eyes. She looked at Kaiba who had turned toward her. "Oh!" she said with a start. "Se..I mean Kaiba are you okay?" He nodded, "I'll be fine." Tea looked relieved. "Gardner, err, I mean Tea, I just want to thank you for all that you've done, I mean." Tea nodded her head.

"I should go." She said. He grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. "Please don't" Tea looked his eyes and could see he was still feeling the poison. {I should probably stay and make sure he's okay.} She nodded and layed next to him. She was slighten taken aback when he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on hers. He started to drift to sleep. Then Tea remembered what they had Mr.Hashimura said about what the drug was supposed to do. Now was the time to find out what she really wanted to know.

"Seto." "Hnnn" "Do you truly love me?" she asked ready to jump out of his arms and run home. "More than you'll ever know." "And if hypothetically we were to get into a relationship would you try to hurt me." "Tea I never want to see you hurt again, I wish I could take you in my arms and never let you go and shield you from the world." Tea felt a lump rise her throat. "Seto…" she heard no reply and turned her head and saw that he fallen back asleep. She decided not to disturb him, he was heavily drugged after all. {I should probably get out of his arms}she thought. But she didn't move truth be told she was enjoying the faint smell of his cologne and the feel of his arms wrapped around her waist. She subconciously whispered "I love you too Seto" before falling back asleep.

"Seto I got your Wa…" Mokuba said loudly opening the door. "ter" he said very softly seeing the scene in front of him. He could tell they had both fallen back to sleep because they were both facing the door. They both had a peaceful, blissful look on their face and Kaiba had wrapped his arms tightly around Teas wait. "Night you two." He said quietly backing out of the room. He peeked one more time at them then smiled and closed the door.

Thanks to all those who reviewed. I was going to post this chappie on Monday but after I saw all the reviews I just had to update sooner : ) I probably wont post another chap for a few days I have to update my other story Unlikely Friends I finally got the JoeyMai chapter exactly how I want it just need to type it. Anyway R&R and I might just udate faster ; )