Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Night of Tears Part 1 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

/ someone singing/

"quotes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

- is thoughts -

"W-What is the silence room?" Tea asked nervously. Kaiba smirked. "I'm glad you asked that Tea, the silence room, is your worst nightmare. Its a bulletproof sound proof room that has no lighting whatsoever. Its also the darkest, dankest room in the house. Its also the home to my one and only pet, a devenomized snake, he slithers around that room, silently and stealthily, be careful not to make any sudden movements, he bites, oh and if he slithers around any part of your body you better remain perfectly still. He lives off the little various critters that scamper around in there and crushes them with his powerful tail. In short, that snake is the thing that goes bump in the night." Kaiba said his voice low and creepy.

"Tell me something Tea can you picture it." He asked her arrogantly cocking his head to the side. Tea shook her head no, nervously. "Well then imagine this, your sitting in that room, with only the sound of your own heart to accompany you, lub dub, lub dub, when soundly you hear the sound of something crawling, slithering around the floor. You try to see what it is that could be making that noise, but you cant see anything, not even your hand because there is no light, no windows, no escape. So you tell yourself that its only an illusion, that nothing bad can happen to you, but you know its not true, that its only a matter of time. You try to listen to see if you can hear that snake again, but you cant, he waiting for you to make your move and the only sound you hear is the sound of your heart beating, lub dub, lub dub."

"And then you start to feel, that snakes cold scaly skin making its way up your body. You try be still, if you don't move it wont get you right, wrong, see not moving only prolongs the inevitable. You try to scream for help but no one can hear you, only the snake as it flicks its tail across your body. You try to run, to bust down the door, but you can't, it's humanly impossible. And now the snake has got your scent, and he makes his attack, not from the front, but from behind. He wraps his long powerful tail around you, and that's when it hits you, your not going to survive the night, and then everything vanishes. Once again all you can hear is the sound of your heart again, lub dub, lub dub, you realize it was all an illusion. One of the many holographic simulations I'll have running while your in there. Then you feel that snake again, and you feel your heart racing. You ask yourself is this the real snake or another simulation, as its it slowly wraps its body around you. You scream, hoping desperately that someone will hear you, that someone will save you, but no hears you and no one ever will." Kaiba said, while Tea was trembling in her seat. He smirked.

"Maddening isn't it." Kaiba asked her arrogantly. Tea gulped and nodded. "You know most people who go in there, either have a heart attack, or crazy within the first fifteen minutes from being in that room. Some never make it out of that room, and that's why its called the silence room." Kaiba said all too matter of factly. Tea backed away from him. "You don't honestly expect me to spend the whole night in there do you." Tea asked trembling. "No, Gardner dear I don't" Kaiba said calmly. Tea breathed a sigh of relief. "Your going to be spending, the rest of night, and all of tomorrow in there." He said darkly. Tea eyes opened wide. "You c-can't do that t-to me." Tea said afraid backing up further into the sofa. She tried to get up but Kaiba blocked her way by pinning her down to the couch. "Cant I?" He asked her darkly, locking his eyes into hers.

Tea broke free and ran. She didn't know where to go, it was his house but anywhere but that room was fine. She looked back and saw Kaiba look up at her, then get up slowly and simply start walking toward her. She ran toward his room, and tried to close the door but he stuck his foot in the door at the last second and came in anyway. Tea backed away from him. Suddenly he froze and all the color left his face. Tea looked at him quzzically and then behind her, all she saw was a pile of black cloth some of which had little of bits of gold lining on them lying on the bed.

Kaiba slowly walked past her to the bed and picked up the cloth laboriously off the bed. He saw a small slip of paper on the bed and picked it up. He read it fast then, his eyes widened. He felt a lump rise in his throat and swallowed and tried to keep himself from crying. He picked up a piece that had the letters KC embroidered in gold on a black piece of cloth and held it to his chest. Then he stood up and walked over to Mokubas room. Tea stared at his back confused then picked up the piece of paper and read it aloud. "I hate you and these stupid pajamas i only wish i could of shredded you instead of them." She looked over at the bed at the pieces of cloth on the bed. "Seto." she whispered.

Kaiba softly knocked on Mokubas door. "Mokuba...can we talk?" Kaiba asked.

-He found it, oh well time to give the best performance of my life.- Mokuba thought drying his tears and getting up and unlocking the door. "What is it that was so important you had to wake me up?" Mokuba hissed. "I'm sorry I woke you up but I wanted to ask you what's this mean?" Kaiba asked

holding out the piece of black cloth. "Did you see the note I left you?" Mokuba spat. Kaiba nodded his head, his eyes wet with tears he refused to shed. "Well then, what do you think that means?"

Kaiba pushed his way into Mokubas room and sat down on his bed. Mokuba watched him, mock angrily. Then shut the door so they could have privacy. "Mokuba whatever I did to make you so upset, I-I'm sorry." Kaiba said fidgeting with his hands.

-No, Seto dont be sorry its my fault.- "Your sure are sorry, a sorry excuse for a brother." Mokuba spat. He looked and saw Kaiba visibly flinch. "Mokuba, If you would just tell me what I did, I promise to make it up to you." -You didn't do anything wrong Seto, I did- "Its not what you did, its what you didn't do, your never there for me, I hate you." Mokuba said harshly. He looked at Kaiba who had dropped his head sadly. "Mokuba I-I, I will always be here for you, no matter what, I know sometimes I may be busy, but I'm doing it all for you, and if you ever need anything, anything at all just ask me, and I'll do anything in my power to get it for you, I'd give up anything to keep you safe, your my Otouto (a/n: little brother) and I love you, and nothing will ever change that." Kaiba said hugging his brother tightly. -I love you too oniisan (a/n: big brother). and I'm so sorry, but i gots to do, what i got to do.- Mokuba didn't return the hug. "Yeah you can say that all you want it doesn't make it true." Mokuba said pushing him off him. "Besides who said I love you." Mokuba said glaring at him. -I say I love you Seto- Kaiba looked up at him. "M-Mokuba w-why, w-what, how can I make it up to you, whatever I did I'm so sorry, I thought, what about the beach, I thought we had a good time, did I do something to offend you." Kaiba said looking him in the eye.

-No Seto you didn't do anything- "Yeah you did something to offend me you were born, sometimes I wish I was an only child, that you weren't my brother, and my life didn't have to be ruined just because you can't get your act togheter!" -No, I'm the one ruining your life, your the best big brother anyone could ask for- Mokuba shouted. "Mokuba...I...." Kaiba said feeling as though his heart had just been ripped from his chest. "Err....you chase away my friends, -only the people who were pretending to be my friends-, your never there for me, -your always there for me, I dont know what I'm going to do without you-, and you just flat out disgust me." -No you dont, infact, your the best big brother in the whole world, and i wouldnt trade you for anything- Mokuba shouted at him. "Mokuba...I'm sorry...please forgive me, I didn't know I was such a horrible person." Kaiba said hugging Mokuba tightly. -Seto, I....I wanted you to hate me, not feel bad about yourself....- Mokuba looked down at Kaiba who was hugging him tightly, and crying. -He's crying, but, Seto you never cry, please dont cry, I'm so sorry- Mokuba thought looking at Kaiba horrifed at what he had done. Kaiba looked up at Mokuba. -Mokuba...you hate me dont you....I'm sorry I didn't know...I cant believe that I'm crying, emotions are for the weak, you hate me don't you Mokuba, Its because I'm horrible big brother, horrible and weak...please forgive me Mokuba....- "Please." He said squeezing him tighter, trying to stop himself from crying but to no avail. -Sure we've fought before, it was only natural, but never like this-

-Seto I'm sorry for what I am about to do, please don't hate yourself, hate me, that way when I leave it wont hurt as much, that way you wont go looking for me, that way I wont ruin your life- "No." Mokuba hissed. "I promise to be a better Mokuba, just give me another chance, and I'll prove it." Kaiba said squeezing Mokuba tighter. -Seto you couldn't be a better big brother, your already are the best one anyone could ask for, I dont deserve one as good as you, I've ruined you life enough, which is why I have to do this- Mokuba slapped Kaiba hard across the face. "Liar!" he shouted. For awhile, no one said anything, the only sound in the room the ticking of Mokbuas clock. "Get out of my room, and Stay out of my life!" Mokuba shouted. Kaiba placed a shaking hand up to his face. "Mokuba...I...Is that what you really want, for me to stay out of your life, would you really be happier." Kaiba asked teary eyed. "Yes." -No!!- Mokuba hissed. "Alright then, Otouto, err...I mean Kaiba sama, I'll stay out of your life on one condition." Kaiba said, still crying. "Don't tell anyone that I cried, I, dont want to be thought of as some pathetic little weakling with no family, it would just be too much you know." Kaiba said looking at the floor, trying to control his sobs. He swallowed the lump rising in his throat. "Its a deal, now leave." Mokuba said glaring at him. Kaiba just nodded and walked out the door, pausing at the doorframe then yanking off his duel monster locket, and looking at it one last time before letting it fall to the ground. Looking at Mokuba one last time, eyes full of tears then walking off.