Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ The Call (part 2) ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

/ someone singing/

"quotes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

- is thoughts -

 

Ishizu washed the dishes as dinner from dinner, as Marik dried them. Odion was busy sweeping up the floor. Things had setteled down in the Ishtar home and the family was finally getting togheter some sembalance of normalcy.

 

"Sister where do I put the good dishes." Marik asked looking at a rather expensive gold serving dish. "Over there." Ishizu said pointing to a small shelf.

 

Meanwhile Renee looked at the two semi-people standing in front of her. Really they were just a collection of hatred, stemmed from the bad childhoods of the two in front of her, hence why they took the form they did.

 

"I'll help you marry Kaiba on one condition." Yami Marik said looking at her with a dark grin on his face. "And what's that?, I've already offered you freedom from the shadow realm, what more can you want." Renee said shivering and looking around at the black fog that seemed to extend for ifinite miles around her. "You help me infuse the powers of the millenium items into that of the zen items, and then you give them to me, and if I succeed in taking over the world, I promise you a seat of power." Yami Marik said crossing his arms. "Why don't you marry me." Kaiba's dark half said wrapping his arm around her way. "After all I am Kaiba, or at least the best part of him." he whispered in her ear. She looked up in down the twisted ball of darkness, who had assumed hsi form to look like Kaiba, with dark shadows all over his eyes, and a slightly tanner complexion. "Your close, but not close enough, but Marik, I accept your offer." she said cocking her head. "Well in order for the ritual to work, two people must again join the darkness, and the three innocents must suffer and die, also we must use this, the book of thousand screams, it's a book of ways to torture people but without having them die, basically anyway they can suffer that doesn't involve dying they will have to go through." He said darkly. "And the two people who rejoin the darkness are Marik Ishtar and Seto Kaiba right?" Renee said narrowing her eye to slits. "But my question is will he survive, I can't exactly have children with a dead man." She hissed. "You have my word." Yami Marik said. "Do we have ourselves a deal or are you just wasting my time." he snapped. "Deal, now let's go play Marik Ishtar a little visit." Renee said wrapping her arms around their necks then bringing the zen wristbands togheter, and disapearing.

 

When they reappeared they were inside the Ishtar home. Odion looked up and gasped. "No you can't be back, you were banished to the shadow realm." Odion said dropping the broom. "Tsk tsk tsk, Odion you should know better than anyone that times change." Yami Marik said advancing on him. "Ishizu get Marik out of here!" Odion shouted. Ishizu came in took one look at her attackers and ran back into the kitchen. She grabbed Marik's arm and ran out of the kitchen. They ran as fast as they could but Renee clicked the zen boots togheter and chased after them lightning fast. Renee grabbed Marik's arm. "And just where do you think your going?" she said smirking evily. "What do you want with him." Ishizu demanded angrily. "To bring him back into the darkness." She said smirking and extending the zen staff. Ishizu recognized that immediately, that had belong to the tomb robbers, her family, centuries ago, but legend had it that was stolen by a tomb robber, why was it reappearing now? Marik tried to resist and snatched his arm away from her and ran away but once again was to fast to for him. She hit on the back of the head with the zen staff and he fell to the ground. "Marik!" Ishizu screamed running after him. Renee wrapped her arms around his waist then clicked the two wristbands togheter, disappering into the night. "Marik!" Ishizu screamed falling to her knees and letting her tears hit the pavement. Renee appeared next to Yami Marik who had knocked out Odion with Dark Kaiba's help. "Let's go." She said. They nodded their heads in affirmation then wrapped their arms around her waist, she put the wristbands togheter and disappeared into the night.

 

"That was me and Seto's social worker, we haven't talked to him in ages, but apparently he needs to us tomorrow afternoon, after school, to discuss our living arrangements, which I think means, we might have to go back to the orphanage." Mokuba sobbed into Serenity's shirt. "Wait isn't Seto 16 aren't you allowed to live on your own when you turn that age?" Tea asked. "Yeah, if they deem you mentally fit to be living on your own then yeah, but Seto's birthday is on the 25th so he isn't exactly 16 yet, if it is just a few days away they can still send us back there, not only that but Seto's been rather depressed as of late, and we had special arrangement with the orphanage." Mokuba said miserably. "What do you mean?" Tea asked. "Well you see after Gozaboro died, being that Seto was only about ten, and I was only about five..." Mokuba began. "What do you mean about ten?" Mai asked confused. "Gozaboro was a monster, who preferred not to keep any clocks or calenders in the house, he kept my brother chained to the wall, working tirelessly on work, that way he didn't know how long he had been working, just like a prisoner in jail." Mokuba said looking at the fall. "So we don't know exactly how old he was just approximately." Mokuba finished.

 

"What was your deal with the orphanage?" Yugi asked. "Well we could live on our own, with check ups of course for two years, provided that he could provide a safe home for us both, and that both our mental health was in stable condition, with no serious complaints from others about us." Mokuba continued. "So what's the problem, it sounds good to me." Mai said. "It was good except that my brother was working himself to death, and his mental health was questionabble, he even killed a couple of people, but it was in self defense, but their deaths as well as everything else that happened in our life, often gave him nightmares, and because he was so rich, he got away with doing a lot of things that could get us sent back because it completely violates our conditions, and Renee knows ever single last one, all would take is one call from her, with all the evidence she has, she could sent us back, with Seto going to a different part of the orphanage where the mentally unstable kids go, and that would be torture for him, and without Seto around to defend me, I'll have no one to turn too, and kids always tried to beat me up, so it would be torture for me too. Our social worker hasn't called in years, and now all of sudden he wants to discuss our living arrangements, that could mean only one thing, Renee or someone else told on Seto." Mokuba concluded.

 

"So you guys might have to go back...." Tea said. Mokuba let the tears fall down his cheek as he nodded his head yes. "Unless Gozaboro were to come back, but that's not going to happen, nor do I want it too." Mokuba said throwing himself back into Serenity's arms. Serenity tried to comfort him, then looked up at Tea. "Tea, what happened to upset you." she asked. Tea suddenly remembered her call and broke into tears again, temporarily pushing Mokuba's problem to the side. "Y-Yumi is dead, she was found in her parents home, apparently she was killed and then brought back to her house, when her parent's got home, they found the body." Tea said crying. To her it seemed unreal, just a few hours ago, she had been dancing on stage with her, she had been her closest friend in the wing weaver dance company and she was dead. "It was the gang DHT, Yumi would never get involved in such a thing, why did they kill her, why?" Tea said crying into Yugi's shirt. "It's not fair she had so much to offer, and to top it all off, we have a meeting tomorrow to determine the new leader, because Rei and Ami are pushing for it now, they wont even wait until she's buried into the ground before they try to steal her position, and they overrode Kira two to one, so we have to do it tomorrow. Its too soon, Yumi I mean for goodness sakes Yumi just..." Tea couldn't finish her sentence and continued to cry into Yugi's shirt.

 

Meanwhile Kaiba ran a hand through his hair as he looked around his room. He picked up his crysal deck box and opened it, and flipped through his cards, his deck didn't feel right however because it was still missing four cards, the bewd, and beud cards. He sighed and put it away. Then he started looking around his bed for his journal. But he couldn't find it. He began tearing things apart, what if someone else had read it? -!@#$ it isn't itbad enough that Renee photocopied and read it.- Kaiba thought looking around frantically for it. He flopped down on the bed. He had seen on the video Mokuba set it on the bed, so why wasn't it there. He sighed and stared up at the ceiling. -Let's see I almost lost Tea and Mokuba, then I almost died, then I found out that this crazy stalker girl has been constantly watching it be it at work, in my room, or even in the bathroom, then I found out that Mokuba stole my blue eyes cards, and now my journal is missing, well at least it couldn't possibly get any worse.- Kaiba thought, when Mokuba came bursting into his room. "Big Brother, big brother, we might have to go back to the orphanage!" Mokuba shouted. Kaiba grabbed his pillow and buried his face in it. "Don't cry Seto everything will be okay." Mokuba said walking towards him. Kaiba pulled away the pillow and was laughing hysterically. "Did I miss something...." Mai said to Yugi and Serenity. They just looked at her, just as confused and shrugged. Kaiba stopped laughing and glared. "Its kind of creepy how he can just change moods like that." Serenity whispered. Yugi, Mai, and Tea nodded. "Just when I think it can't possibly get any worse, this happens." Kaiba growled. "It would be funny, if was just some hairbrained, fanfiction of a saturday morning cartoon but it's not (a/n: XD)." Kaiba said. Mokuba crawled into his lap and hugged him tight. Kaiba wrapped his arms around Mokuba. "Seto what are we going to do?" Mokuba asked sobbing into his shirt. "Sshhh Mokuba it's okay." Kaiba said patting him on the back. "But Seto everytime we start getting comfortable sometthing bad happens to us...I'm so sick of it, it feels like life is constantly knocking us down." Mokuba said crying into Kaiba shirt. "Mokuba, nana korobi ha oki." (a/n: Mokuba, fall seven times, get up eight times, a popular japanese expression that means try try again, or in this case you have to keep on keeping on). Kaiba said hugging him close.

 

Rei mascara was running as tears fell down her eyes. She messed up her hair in the mirror. "What do you think Ami do you think I look sad enough?" She asked coldly looking into the mirror. Ami was too busy throwing up in the toilet to answer her. Rei looked at her cousin. "You really are pathetic Ami, what do you care about Yumi for anyway, at least this way you can be vice president of the wing weaver dance company, doesn't that sound good." Rei said coldly. Ami sobbed as she wiped her mouth clean. "H-how can you be so calm about this Rei, you just killed somebody." Ami cried. "Correction, you just killed somebody, after all your the one that has her blood all over your clothes." Rei said smirking and looking at her nails. "That's only because you made me take her to her parents house, how could you do that Rei." Ami said tears running down her face. Rei narrowed her eyes and picked up her samurai sword and unsheated it. "Ami you do best to forget that." Rei said walking behind Ami and holding the samurai sword dangerously close to her neck. Ami just kept crying. Rei rolled her eyes and sheated her blade than placed a hand on Ami's shoulder. "Now, now Ami, your my cousin, and as my cousin, your expected to behave a certain way, and this isn't the way your supposed to behave, now since I'm in a good mood, and it's your first time on a job, I'll let it go, but you better not act this way when we get our next target." She said her voice sickeningly sweet. "But why do we have to kill Tea, she isn't all that bad." Ami protested. Rei slapped her down to the ground. "Don't talk back, it's time you learned you place, which is why you better take notes when we kill Tea, because your going to go solo afterwards when we kill Seto Kaiba, and you had better live up to the dht name." Rei said stepping over a sobbing Ami and going back into her room to practice looking upset again.