Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Ultimatium ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh
Key
Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing
/ someone singing/
"quotes are speech"
'is dreaming'
/is flashback/
- is thoughts -
 
 
Tea angrily took a bite of her Sandwich, and tapped her foot impatiently. Kaiba was supposed to have met with her for lunch, but he never showed, now lunch was halfway over. She growled and took a another bite. Joey watched her eat her Sandwich, smiling smugly for some reason. Duke and Tristan too.
 
"Okay guys, spill it, what pray tell may ask I are you guys smirking about?" She snapped.
 
"Nothin', jus glad Kaiba ain't here to mess up lunch anymo'." Joey said taking his chopsticks and stuffing some of his soba in his mouth.
 
"Yeah Tea, chill." Tristan said eating his okonomiyaki happily.
 
Yugi muttered something under his breath and looked away from his friends, he wanted to tell Tea, but as Joey and Tristan pointed out, he wouldn't be doing what was best for their friendship, or for her, if he told. Besides, a small portion of him did want Tea to leave Kaiba, and Yami, and look at him the same way she did them. He sighed and put his head down on the table.
 
"Yug' you okay man?" Joey said putting a hand on Yugi's shoulder but Yugi shrugged it off, picked up his lunch, and threw it in the trash.
 
"I'm going to go find him." Yugi said reluctantly, then he grabbed Kaiba's lunch from next to Tea, she had had both of their lunches, and walked out the cafeteria.
 
"What was that all about?" Tea said scratching her head confused, there was something she was missing here, and she didn't know what.
 
Yugi walked outside, and into the small wooded area at the back of the school, where bullies often dragged people to beat up. He'd been there several times before himself, so he knew that was the first area he should look for Kaiba.
 
"What do you want punk?" One boy asked him, hitting his fist into his hand and snarling at Yugi. Yami took over and mind crushed the guy, then Yugi took back over and continued on his way.
 
-Did you have to do that?- Yugi mind linked to Yami
 
-Yes, don't worry Yugi, I only did to him, what I did to Kaiba the first time we met him, he'll be a better person for it, once he wakes up of course- Yami mind linked back.
 
Finally Yugi found Kaiba, lying face down on the ground, a bloody mess. Yugi's eyes widened, he'd expected him to be beat up, but not that badly. He ran over to Kaiba, and gently shook him.
 
"Kaiba, are you okay, wake up!" Yugi said shaking him more when he didn't respond. Kaiba groaned and rolled over on his back. Yugi let out a sigh of relief, once Kaiba opened his eyes. "Kaiba, you okay?" Yugi asked sitting up and dusting off his hands. Kaiba sat up and clutched his arm, they had reopened part of the stab wound he'd acquired from Joey. Kaiba winced and pulled his hand away from it, blood, and lots of it.
 
"Yeah Moto, I'm just great, and the sky is purple, and there really is a heart of the cards." Kaiba drawled, sitting up. Yugi frowned but ignored his comment, knowing full well Kaiba only let his guard down with Tea and Mokuba.
 
"Here, let me help you up." Yugi said holding out his hand, Kaiba smacked it away.
 
"No thanks." He snapped, shakily getting up, and cursing himself when he fell back down. He got up again and leaned against a tree, wiping blood from his mouth. Yugi looked up at him, studying him carefully.
 
"You need to go to the nurses office, pronto." Yugi said, eyeing him up and down. Kaiba scowled.
 
"Don't you think I know that." He snapped, giving Yugi the iciest glare he could muster. Though the intimidating moment was ruined when Kaiba's stomach growled.
 
"Oh, here, I brought you your lunch." Yugi said handing it to him. Kaiba snatched it from his hand, and pulling out some vegetables, he ate as began walking out of the wooded area. Yugi wrinkled his nose.
 
-How could anyone willingly eat vegetables...-
 
"Hold still." Tea shouted swatting Kaiba on the back of the head. Kaiba growled in pain.
 
"That hurt." He ground out through gritted teeth. Tea muttered an apology, then finished doing his hair. School had been a horrible experience that day, for Kaiba, and he was glad it was over. He didn't know where this sudden change in attitude had come from, but he was sure was going to find out, after his meeting with the social worker of course. He had been beaten, and made of fun of constantly, never making it to class on time, because of constant threats and beatings. Now he was cleaning himself up as best as he could, luckily he had worked with Mr. Murashima before, and while not exactly the nicest social worker, he was fair, and Kaiba found a hard time hating him, after all he was the one that realized just how different Kaiba had been from other ten year olds in the same position.
 
"There all done, aww don't you look cute." Tea cooed, pinching one of his cheeks.
 
"Cute?!,. Cute, Seto Kaiba is never cute!" Kaiba snapped. "Handsome maybe." He mused to himself. "But never cute!" Kaiba growled.
 
"Okay Okay jeesh," Tea began. "Cutie." She added under her breath. Tea looked over his uniform, a blue sweater vest. a yellow button up shirt, and a pair of blue slacks. Kaiba added his own flair to it by making the optional black jacket he could wear a trench coat, and of course he wore well polished black boots.
 
"Well let's go." Kaiba growled out, then he stepped out the school looking for his limo and gasped. Happy House had sent a large, brightly colored van, that could be seen from a mile away, and parked it right in front of the school for everyone to see. Kaiba grabbed Tea's hand and squeezed it, then marched out through the crowd that had gathered with his head held high. Trying to ignore the whispers he was getting as people started to realize who the van, marked with big red letters that said: Happy House Orphan Delivery, as if he was a pizza, and not a human being. He opened the door and quickly got in. He looked at Tea, and pulled her in with him, then shut the door quickly. He wasn't going to plead, but Tea knew that Kaiba really needed her support, so she squeezed his hand in reassurance. Mokuba was already there, but he was very quiet. He tugged at his uniform's vest. He hadn't had to wear one before because the really little kids didn't have to, but now, he did. He crawled over to Kaiba and leaned on his arm, Kaiba wrapped his arm around Mokuba and pulled him closer, but no one breathed a word.
 
When they finally got there they were greeted by an older woman, that looked like the stereotypical librarian, complete with messy gray bun, frowning face and eyes, and glasses with a black beaded glasses chain on them. She was dressed in a mother hen green dress. Her skin wrinkly, and she reeked of cheap perfume.
 
"Hello Mr. Kaiba, Kaibas excuse, how are you two doing?" She asked smiling down at Mokuba. Mokuba stuck out his hand to shake hers.
 
"Fine, and you?" He asked politely. She shook his hand and smiled.
 
"As fine as I can, with having this job and all." She joked and winked, getting a small giggle from Mokuba. Kaiba held out his hand.
 
"A pleasure to meet you I'm sure." Kaiba said stiffly. She looked at his hand, and recoiled in disgust, walking off. Kaiba arched an eyebrow, then put his hand to his face, and looked it over. He sniffed it, and found that it didn't smell or have anything on it. -Uh oh, she didn't shake my hand, because it was my hand, that can't be a good sign, hopefully she's just the receptionist for Mr. Murashima.- He thought grimly to himself. They were lead into a small room.
 
"NO visitors allowed, so I'm going to ask you to leave Miss...?" The woman said turning to Tea.
 
"She's our guest, and we'd prefer it if she stayed." Kaiba said flatly.
 
"Well I don't care, now Miss whatever your name is please wait outside here." She said irritably.
 
"Tea Gardner, and why can't I stay?" Tea said irritably, granted she was still wearing her school uniform, but she had taken off her jacket, and now the outfit looked much more respectable.
 
"Because I said so Ms. Gardener." She said narrowing her eyes.
 
"It's Gardner." Tea corrected.
 
"Like I care, now sit, or I'll have you thrown out." The woman said crossing her arms across her chest. Tea opened her mouth when she saw Kaiba mouth for her to let it go, fear evident in his eyes, no matter if he seemed to the untrained eye to be perfectly calm. Tea glared at the woman then sat outside to wait. The woman smirked in triumph then walked into the room, Kaiba and Mokuba following close behind, and shut the door.
 
"Hello boys, My name is Haruka Shirakawa and I'm going to be your case worker from now on." She said taking a seat behind her desk, in a large swivel black chair.
 
"What happened to Mr. Murashima?" Mokuba asked innocently.
 
"He retired, just yesterday actually, apparently your case just wasn't important to him, since yours was the last one." She said smugly, picking up a manilla folder. "Please sit." She said motioning for them to sit down. Mokuba sat in a chair, while Kaiba looked around for one. "Wait just a moment Mr. Kaiba, we have a special chair for you." She said getting up and pulling up a chair wrapped in plastic. "Here you go." she said walking back over to her side of the desk.
 
"Why is it in plastic?" Kaiba asked sitting down in it and arching an eyebrow.
 
"We wouldn't want to have to burn it now would we?" Ms. Shirakawa said matter of factly.
 
"Why would you burn it?" Kaiba asked his voice softer than he intended it to be, the fact of which he despised.
 
"Why because you sat in it of course." Ms. Shirakawa said shrugging simply. Kaiba sucked in a breath, and Mokuba reached over and squeezed his hand.
 
"Mokuba, don't do that, you don't want to catch whatever it is he has that makes him so repulsive, now you do you?" She said quickly, taking Mokuba's hand and rubbing some instant hand sanitizer on it. Mokuba looked over at Kaiba, and saw him look away, and move his hand onto his lap. Mokuba's eyes softened, it didn't matter that Kaiba had a stoic expression on his face, he could sense that his brother was upset with the comment.
 
"Okay,. I'm going to cut right to the chase...I don't like you Mr. Kaiba, and if you mess what I'm going to say up, you'll be moved to chain link fence's home for troubled boys, do I make myself perfectly clear?" She said smugly, walking back over to her side of the desk.
 
"Crystal." Kaiba ground out through gritted teeth.
 
"Well, first off, if you mess things up, as I said earlier, Mr. Seto Kaiba will be sent over to Chain link Fence's Home for Troubled Boys, while one Mokuba Kaiba will remain here at Happy House." She said looking, going into her filing cabinet. "After all we can't have a little piece of nothing like Mr. Kaiba ruining the reputation of this fine establishment, now can we Seto? Of, course not. Unfortunately, this isn't why I called you hear today, although it is part of it." She said pulling out to files, one huge thick file, and one tiny one. She handed the tiny one to Mokuba, and the thick one to Kaiba. "Here's a list of things that I want you to change, and I will be checking up on you, if you want to continue your status as is. Also Mr. Kaiba, I am pretty sick and tired or hearing that you got into some kind of physical altercation in the tabloids." She said interlocking her fingers and bring them up to her face, in such way as they covered her mouth.
 
"Each and every one of those time I was defending myself, I have no regrets about any of them, other than maybe I hadn't hit them first." Kaiba said glaring at her.
 
"I don't care if they spit in your face, or if they kick you in your groin, which someone very well should you piece of fifth, no more fights, defending yourself or not, or else you will be sent to live elsewhere." She said looking at Kaiba in disgust. "Of course if you don't like that ultimatum..." She began leaning back in her chair, and propping her legs on the desk.
 
"That's not fair, what if my brother gets attacked, what then, you can't do that to him!" Mokuba shouted.
 
"Mokuba!" Kaiba said sternly.
 
"But Seto..." Mokuba began, but Kaiba merely shook his head and Mokuba sat back down.
 
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you two have bodyguards?" She said emphasizing the last part. Mokuba glared at the floor and shook his head yes. "Well then that's settled, now then, the reason I brought you here, what are you two's living conditions like?" She questioned.
 
"There good, we have plenty room, and Seto takes really good care of me, we aren't desperate for food, and to punish me Seto never hits, he just sends me to my room, we have video games, and even when he's not home, which is quite often, he takes me everywhere with him, it's the best living conditions anyone could ask for Seto's the best brother anyone could ever ask for, and..." Mokuba said quickly, hardly taking anytime to pronounce words, and being as stressed out as he was, and knowing as many different languages as he did, mixing up words from different languages.
 
"Calm down Mokuba." Kaiba said opening his manilla folder, and glancing over it.
 
"Good, that's what I thought." She said walking out the room for a second. Mokuba opened his folder and saw a single sheet of paper, he looked over at Kaiba's folder and his widened.
 
-War and Peace (a/n: I don't own War and Peace) ain't got nothing on that thing!- Mokuba thought shocked. He looked at Kaiba, whose had wore a deep frown on his face. Kaiba brought his hands to his face, and looked at them as if they were traitorous then closed the manilla folder and put them in his pocket. Mokuba looked at his brother sadly, when Ms. Shirakawa walked back in the room, holding a box in her hands.
 
"From now on I'd like you two to wear these." She said opening up the box, and revealing two metal rings. "They can go around your neck, wrist, or ankle, and their a tracking device so we can keep an eye on you, you will wear them at all times, understand?" She asked them. She handed each of them one, tossing Kaiba's his for an obvious reason. "Now then since I know some people in this room are incredibly stupid and repulsive, and anyone in their right mind would rather take cyanide then to have them even in the same room, if there are no questions you can leave." She said waving them away, and looking directly at Kaiba in a look that plainly showed disgust.
 
"Actually I do have one." Kaiba stated matter of factly. "It seems you have given me the wrong file, instead of listing my flaws, it seems you have listed all the things that make me, me, so if you would give me the right file, I'll take my leave." He said bluntly.
 
"You have the right file, I simply find that many things wrong with you." She said curtly.
 
"But, but this is basically everything I am!" Kaiba shouted.
 
"Precisely, Mr. Kaiba, I'm not going to lie, you could be amazing, you have so much potential, but somehow you've changed that into the most vile, evil, repulsive, infuriating, nauseating, pathetic person that has ever live on the face of this earth. You make people like murderers look like the perfect example of a mate, just thinking about you makes me want to vomit, but I digress, because like a I said you do have potential. You could be a shining star. All you have to do is change everything that you are, except your eyes, don't ever put in color contacts, it's the one feature that makes me be able to sit here without grabbing a cyanide pill and shoving it down my own throat." She said curtly. "Now If you'll excuse me, I have to open the door for you two, lest we have to destroy the doorknob." She said walking over to the door. "I mean c'mon why do you think I didn't shake your hand." She said giving a wry laugh.
 
Mokuba and Kaiba walked over to the door, Kaiba frowning deeply. He had never been so humiliated in all of his life, and that included the school day. He also had never felt so bad about himself. He tucked the folder in between his arm and sides, then shoved his hands in his pockets.
 
"Oh Mokuba, it was a pleasure meeting you." She said giving Mokuba a hug. "Honestly I don't know how you two are related." She said ruffling his hair. Kaiba narrowed his eyes, then he smirked as an idea popped into his head.
 
"Thank you Ms. Shirakawa for giving Mokuba and I another chance!" Kaiba said grabbing her and giving her a big hug, making sure their bodies connected. She gagged and he smirked and walked out the door. She quickly took of her dress, revealing her black lace underwear. Kaiba walked back in and hugged her again, once again making sure their bodies connected. "Thanks again, you don't know how much this means to me, ooops your not wearing much, sorry about that." He said loudly so everyone within earshot could hear, and pulling away. She shrieked and ran out the room, forgetting she no longer had her dress on, and making a complete idiot out of herself as she ran around.
 
"He touched my skin, he touched my skin, where's the lysol (a/n: I don't own lysol) !" She screamed.
 
"Haruka, don't worry here I come!" shouted some guy, then grabbed a bucket of cleaner and threw it on her, she definitely have chemical burns after all was said and done. She looked angrily at him, then around the room as all eyes were on her.
 
"That brat Kaiba touched my skin!" She said pointing an accusing finger over in Kaiba's direction. Kaiba pouted and let his eyes look all watery, his lip trembled, he didn't stoop to making the puppy dog eyes, but he did look incredibly sad and pitiful.
 
"I I-just gave her a h-hug is that so wrong?" He asked the crowd, then he turned his head away, and buried it in Tea's shoulder. "She doesn't like me!" He wailed then he pretended to cry, but really he was shaking because he was laughing so hard.
 
"I-I...." She stuttered eyes wide, then she ran out the room completely humiliated.
 
"Looks like I win." He said standing up to his full height. Then he walked out the awful place and out into the open, pulling out his cell phone, there was no way he was going back home in that van. Tea studied him, once he had gotten outside, and after that puzzling incident, he hadn't said a word. Only called the limo.
 
"Seto, what happened in there?" Tea inquired, she reached out to touch his hand, but Kaiba pulled away.
 
"I'm fine." He stated dully, his eyes scanning the road for the limo. Once they got home, Kaiba walked straight up the stairs. Slamming the door.
 
"Mokuba what happened?" Tea said looking at Mokuba. Mokuba shook his head.
 
"I'm not sure, I mean for some reason this lady, that wasn't supposed to be the case worker, just really hated Nii-sama, even though I can't think of why, she even said that she'd rather die then to even be in the same room as him, but my brother never did anything to her, I don't think..so why would she act that way, she even gave him this huge list that listed just about everything about that makes him, him, and said he needed to change that. I mean it's was awful, oh and he can't fight anymore, even if he is defending himself, she said that what bodyguards was for, and if he doesn't do what she says, we'll get sent to different homes..." Mokuba said sniffling. "It's just not fair!" He said angrily.
 
"Sssh, it's all right." Tea said scooping up Mokuba into her arms and stroking his back. "Umm, I can't pretend to know what your going through, but I promise that if you ever need me, I'll help you out, and I promise you two won't get separated." Tea said pulling her hands through his hair. Mokuba sniffled, and nodded. Tea really didn't have the authority to make such a promise, but the small boy took her word for it anyway. He cried himself to sleep in her arms. She watched TV, then when it came time for her Wing Weaver Dance Company meeting, she got up silently. Sneaking in Kaiba's room briefly, and took out her bags from the closet, tiptoeing away form Kaiba's sleeping form. She tip-toed up to him, and brushed his bangs out his face, and kissed him lightly on the forehead. She frowned once at the door briefly stopping and thinking about not going.
 
-Maybe I shouldn't go, I should be there for them, but there asleep now, and Seto will know where I'm at...besides if I back down now, then Rei will win, she always wanted Yumi's spot as leader, and now that Yumi is...I won't let her have it, if it's the last thing I do!- Tea thought to herself.
 
"Goodbye guys." She said closing the door and running out into the road, she saw Mai's car, she had called her when Mokuba was asleep, and ran up to it. She didn't know how ironic her thoughts and words just might be as Mai peeled out the road, and Rei sharpened her sword.