Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Near Death Experiences ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh
Key
Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing
/ someone singing/
"quotes are speech"
'is dreaming'
/is flashback/
- is thoughts -
 
 
"Well ring me on my celly when your ready to be picked up." Mai said to Tea as Tea got out of the car. Tea froze.
 
"Your not coming?" She said nervously biting her lip, she didn't know why but she had a bad feeling about the meeting. Mai shook her head.
 
"Can't sorry hun, bye." Mai said waving to her, then stepping on the pedal, and zooming off down on the road. -Great, just great.- Tea thought picking up her pink bag from the curb and slinging it over her shoulder. She opened the door to the meeting where Kira, Ami, and Rei were already stretching out. She walked to the back room and changed into her black practice leotard and white tights. She laced up her black toe shoes then stuffed her stuff in her locker and walked back into the practice area. All three girls ran up to her.
 
"Hey Tea how you holding up? Yumi was always the closest to you." Kira said wrapping her in a hug.
 
"I'm doing as well as can be expected. This whole meeting doesn't feel right." She said hugging the small girl back.
 
"I know what you mean." Kira said her amber eyes welling up with tears. She quickly wiped her tears away. "But we have to be strong, for Yumi." She said determinedly.
 
"There is no more being strong for Yumi, she's dead." Rei said coldly walking up to the group, Ami in tow.
 
"I know you hated her but even you have to admit that this is too soon." Kira said shaking her head in disbelief, her purple ponytail moving with her. "For goodness sakes she's not even six feet under yet!" Kira shouted, stunning the whole group. "This isn't right!" She said fiercely, glaring at her, her usually soft Amber eyes, harsh and unyielding, heck right now her glare could give Kaiba's a run for his money.
 
Rei looked at her stunned for a moment, then brought her hand up to her mouth, threw her head back, and laughed. Her posionus green eyes dancing in merriment. "Why not, she ain't getting any deader." She said coldly, a smirk fixed on her face.
 
"You bxxxx, how dare you!" Kira shouted lunging at the girl before Tea held her back. She certainly had taken everyone by surprise, never had shy, little, friendly Kira had an outburst like this.
 
"Trust me Kira, I'm just as mad as you but fighting isn't going to solve anything." Tea said through gritted teeth. -For someone so small she sure is strong when she has to be, kind of like a more violent, female version of Yugi.- Tea thought as Kira began to literally drag Tea toward Rei, despite her backpedaling of her feet away from her.
 
"What are you getting so worked up over, Its not like Rei killed her." Ami said pushing up her frame less glasses, they felt good to he face, she was forced to wear contact lenses when she went to kill Yumi, with Rei.
 
"Exactly, so why don't you back off." Rei said pushing her long dark brown hair away from her face. She shot Ami a warning glare, before walking back to her position on the exercise bar. Ami gave Tea a sympathetic look, her light brown eyes shining with tears she refused to shed, then she turned back and walked back over toward Rei. She pulled her short light brown hair into a stubby ponytail, then joined her on the exercise bar. After everyone had warmed up, they all went to the auditorium, and sat on the stage in a circle. Tea looked around, all the decorations from their recital had already been taken down. -Everything seems so empty and hollow now, without Yumi here.- Tea thought to herself sadly.
 
"Well here's the part where we normally start thinking of our next production, but since Yumi isn't here any longer, we'll have to pick a new leader first." Rei said matter of factually folding her arms across her chest.
 
"How are we going to do that?" Kira said.
 
"I say we have vote, we all write who we want to be leader on a piece of paper, and the winner will be leader, of course no one is allowed to see someone else's choice, and it will all be totally anonymous." Ami volunteered.
 
"That's a great idea Ami." Tea said smiling at the girl. -Ami can up come up with some pretty good ideas too bad she's too timid to break free from Rei's control, if she thought for herself for a change I have a feeling she'd be a lot less timid, maybe she just need some reassurance.- Tea thought to herself.
 
"Thanks Tea." Ami said turning her head from Tea and looking down at the floor, wiping a tear from her eyes. Tea looked at the girl puzzled. -That was odd all I did was compliment her idea.- Tea thought to herself. Ami tore out some paper from her notebook, and gave one piece to each girl. She handed Rei hers, glaring at the girl, Rei narrowed her eyes, and Ami quietly took her seat. Each girl wrote their choices and handed them to Ami. Rei snatched them from Ami.
 
"Okay now, let's see here, we have one vote Rei." Rei said dangling the piece of paper proudly. "One vote Kira." She said tossing the paper to the side. "Yeah, like that's going to happen." She said shooting a smug look at Kira, Kira gave her a blank look. -Who voted for me?- She thought to herself. "One vote Tea, oh barf." Rei said pretending to stick her finger down her throat. "And one vote, Tea..." Rei said dumbfounded. -What the...that traitorous wench didn't vote for me!- She said turning towards Ami. Tea smirked and handed her a wastepaper basket.
 
"I guess your going to need that." Tea said faking a sweet smile. "And as official leader of the Wing Weaver Dance Company I call this meeting to a close, and hence forth postpone all further meetings until further notice." Tea said turning to face the rest of the group, she turned back to Rei. "And by further notice I mean until Yumi's funeral is over and we've all the proper amount of time to mourn, and as group leader, I get to pick a new treasurer and I pick Kira and our new second Winged weaver will be...Ami, Rei of course your still welcome to come to all board meetings if you want to, but your services as second winged weaver will no longer be necessary, but maybe you can help some of the other dancers with their routines." She said innocently. "Oh and Ami before I forget, I still want you as our Hysteric Fairy secretary, if that's all right with you." She said smiling at her sweetly.
 
"O-of course it is." Ami said shocked. -When I voted for Kira I didn't expect all of this, I just thought I should give Tea one last happy moment before Rei...this is all too much.- Ami said turning her head down.
 
"Well if their is no further business, your all dismissed." Tea said looking at Rei. Rei just glared at her, then giving a toss of hair and pointing her nose up in the air walked back to the locker room. After everyone had showered and changed back into the clothes they had worn up there, Tea locked up the locker room. Meanwhile Rei grabbed Ami and dragged her toward the door. Tea saw them and shutting her cell phone, tiptoed after them, worried for Ami's safety. Kira had told her she hadn't voted for herself and they both came up to the obvious conclusion that Ami had.
 
"What..were..you..thinking?" Rei said taking in sharp breaths in an attempt to calm herself down. Ami hung her head down. "How dare you not vote for me!" She shouted slapping the girl to the ground. Tea was about to intervene when Ami rose up off the ground.
 
"You told me not to vote for the enemy, so I didn't last I checked Kira wasn't the enemy." Ami said wiping her mouth off of blood.
 
"I did not kill Yumi Nakamura just for Tea Gardner to have my rightful position as head wing weaver!" Rei shouted.
 
Tea gasped and put a hand to her mouth. "Why did you kill her at all, this isn't right, please I begging you to reconsider please don't kill Tea and please don't make me kill Kaiba." Ami said tears running down her face. Rei rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She glanced out the corner of her eye, and spotted Tea.
 
"How much did you here Gardner." She said walking towards Tea. Tea's face was as white as bone, she backed away from Rei. "Well, well, I'll take you silence as an I heard everything, which means now I'll have to kill you." Rei said grabbing her stuff off of the stage, and brandishing her samurai sword. She ran her finger down the intricate carvings on the hilt. It was two snakes wrapped around each other on the hilt, with emerald green eyes. "I've been waiting for this moment for a while now, and I must say, It's going to be great to see you blood spilt on this blade." She said licking the blade. She smirked wickedly then charged toward Tea. Tea's eyes were widened in fear, her whole body numb, she kept telling herself to move, but couldn't. Rei came within inches of her and swung her sword, Tea quickly folder her knees so that her back was resting on the floor, her knees bent. Rei sword hit the edge of the doorway and easily spilt the wood. Tea rolled over on her stomach, then quickly sprang up and took off running. Rei growled and pushing her foot against the doorway, freed the store. Tea quickly ran into the locker room and seeing an open locker, wedged herself into one of them and closed it part way.
 
She listened for footsteps, her breathing ragged. But for some reason all she could think about was Kaiba. -I can't die, I can't leave like that, I don't know if he could handle having someone else he cares about ripped away from him like that...I have to live, Seto....- Tea thought pulling the locker door closer. She closed her eyes remembering the conversation she'd had with him just a day and a half before.
 
/I'm sick of looking into the mirror and hating the person staring back at me." Kaiba said glaring at her. "It's not fair every time I find happiness, something or someone comes and takes it away. Then people wonder why I have no heart, It's because it's been shattered so many times that I've given up putting back together." Kaiba finished turning his face away from her and looking out the window./
 
She shook her head willing the memory away. -There's no way I'm dying here or now, if someone dies it will be Rei, but there's now way it's going to be me!- She thought to herself determinedly. She heard Rei's footsteps echoing through the empty locker room, and she narrowed her eyes.
 
"Oh Teeeeaaaa, why don't you come on out, and we can talk this over." Rei called out in a sing song voice. Tea quickly fixed her breathing, allowing it to come in short, shallow, but even breaths, barely noticeable. "Oh come on Tea I was just playing, don't you want to play?" Rei said walking past some lockers and seeing one open slashing at it with her sword with such force that the door came off. She cursed under her breath then plastered a smile on her face. "Tea c'mon I'm not going to hurt you." She said opening another locker. Tea looked at her and quickly closed her locker, leaving such a tiny opening she briefly wondered if she'd be able to get out. Rei stood up hearing the locker shut. -So Tea's in a closed locker neh, perfect.- She thought to herself. She began tapping on every locker she came across looking for any movement. "Teeeeaaaa come out and plaaaayyy, Teeeeaaaa come out and plaaayyyy." She sang tapping on each and every locker. Finally she come across Tea's locker. "Teaaaa come out and plaaayyyyyy." She said tapping on the locker.
 
"Play this!" Tea shouted kicking the door in Rei's face, knocking her backwards. She reached for the sword when Rei tackled her. She quickly reached for the sword herself, but Rei kicked it out of the way. She then threw Tea against a locker, causing her to cry out in pain. Ami came in the room, and saw the two tripping each other, each reaching for the sword.
 
"Ami get the sword!" Rei shouted, elbowing Tea in the face. Tea fell backwards, then Rei kicked her in the side. Tea tried to crawl away but Rei grabbed her. Rei smirked then grabbed her by her hair and dragged her into the shower area. There was a couple of toilets to the side and she threw her into a stall and hit Tea's head against the toilet, Tea slumped and was knocked out. Rei smirked then walked out the room and over to Ami. "Give me the sword." She commanded.
 
"W-what are you going to do?" Ami said clutching it.
 
"Oh, the same thing as I did to Yumi, break her legs so she can't dance anymore, then kill her, and leave her body in there, quite brilliant actually, it fills all three parts of D.H.T, devastation, humiliation, and termination, after all." She said reaching for it. Ami trembled, tears streaming down her face. She slowly started to hand her the sword then stopped.
 
/"and our new second Winged weaver will be...Ami, Rei of course your still welcome to come to all board meetings if you want to, but your services as second winged weaver will no longer be necessary, but maybe you can help some of the other dancers with their routines." She said innocently. "Oh and Ami before I forget, I still want you as our Hysteric Fairy secretary, if that's all right with you." Tea said smiling at her sweetly./
 
Ami shook her head and pulled the sword back and grasped it tightly. "I won't let you." She said backing away. Rei looked at her in amusement.
 
"That's funny, now give me the sword." She said taking another step toward her.
 
"No." Ami said backing up.
 
"Oh come on Ami, I'm going to get the sword one way or another, so you may as well hand it to me now." Rei said smirking and holding out her hand. But Ami made no move to give her back the sword. "I'm losing my patience now give me my samurai sword!" She barked. Ami trembled, but took off in the other direction. Rei narrowed her eyes. "Run all you want Ami, but I can't protect you from the guys in D.H.T if you don't cooperate with me." She shouted. Ami stopped, remembering the looks some of them had given her as they beat her senseless during her initiation. She shivered and fell down to her knees, tears spilling down her eyes. Rei smirked and walked over to her and putting a hand on her shoulder. "Good girl, I knew you'd make the right decision." She said picking up the sword, then turning around to finish what she started. But when she got back to the locker room Tea was gone. Rei narrowed her eyes. "Just come on out and get this over with, you can't hide forever." She snarled. She peered into the stall Tea was in and Tea dropped off from the roof, and landed on her. Rei quickly grabbed the samurai sword and cut Tea's legs with it. Tea screamed out in pain but forced herself to continue kicking Rei. Rei finally managed to throw Tea off her and into a mirror over the sink. Tea screamed in pain when her head connected with the glass, shattering it. Tea fell forward unconscious. Rei walked over to her, when she too fell down unconscious. Ami stood over her, holding her backpack over her head. She quickly grabbed out her cell phone and called the police.
 
When Tea finally came too she was surrounded by blurry faces. She groaned and rubbed her eyes, and blinked the figures into focus.
 
"Hey guys, what happened." She said weakly addressing everyone in the room. Yugi, who was wearing the millennium puzzle meaning Yami was there, Joey, Tristan, Duke, Bakura, Serenity, Mokuba, Kaiba, Kira, Mai, everyone was there, even Ami.
 
Kaiba walked over and squeezed her hand, "How you holding up?" He asked her. Tea smiled weakly.
 
"As good as I can I suppose." She said weakly. She looked over at Yugi, no Yami, glaring at Kaiba's general direction, before he shook it off and offered her a weak smile.
 
"Everyone was worried about you." Yami said casually coming over to her. Yugi took over from Yami.
 
"Why didn't you call one of us and tell us you were going to you meeting, we would of gladly went with you." Yugi said pointedly.
 
"I just didn't want to disturb you guys just because I was upset over Yumi, besides how was I supposed to know that Rei was a homicidal maniac." Tea said shrugging her shoulders. "Speaking of which, where is she." Tea said sitting up panickedly. Kaiba pushed her back down.
 
"According to the Ami girl over there, she's in jail, and I promise you that's where she'll stay, I intend to crush her with the full weight of the Kaiba Corp's legal department." Kaiba said gently pushing her hair out of her face. Tea smiled weakly, but soon fell asleep, not intentionally of course.
When she woke up, Kaiba and Mokuba were the only ones in the room. Kaiba was staring out the window, and Mokuba was asleep in his lap.
 
"How long have I been out?" She asked.
 
"Six hours, is midnight now." Kaiba said staring out the widow.
 
"Oh." Tea said fiddling with some tubes that were running out of her arm.
 
"You got yourself a concussion, but lucky for you Rei's cut to your leg didn't go deep, so besides a bandage and some stitches on you thigh you'll be fine, you don't even need to use crutches, but you'll walk with a limp for a little while." Kaiba said still staring out the window.
 
"Well that's great." Tea said happily.
 
"Your parents came by earlier, they said they'd be back after they've had some dinner, so expect them to be back anytime now." Kaiba said nonchalantly. Tea looked away from him.
 
"I don't want to face them right now." She said worriedly. He gently sat Mokuba down on the chair then walked over to her and squeezed her hand.
 
"Your going to have to sooner or later, but I promise to be here to help you." He said reassuringly. She nodded then wrapped her arms around his neck.
 
"So how did you manage to get those doctors to let you stay here." She asked cocking her head to the side.
 
"I'm Seto Kaiba, I can do what I please." He said matter of factually. "That and I gave them 1000 yen each." He said sweat dropping. (a/n: A little less then Ten bucks.) Tea giggled. Then she heard her door open and saw her parents come in. Tea's mom took one look at Tea then ran over to her ,and began hugging her and rocking her back and forth.
 
"My pride, my joy, my love, my child, my princess, my gem, my..." She said squeezing the life out of Tea.
 
"Kisha that's enough let the girl breathe." Iya, Tea's father, said pulling her off of Tea. Kisha let go.
 
"Its good to see you Tea." Iya said sticking his hands in pocket. Tea smiled up at her dad. "Didn't I warn you that dancing was bad, now maybe that Rei girl knocked some since in your head." He said glaring at her.
 
"What?!, No Dad, I'm still being a dancer and..." Tea began. Kaiba squeezed her hand.
 
"Remember Tea, just breathe." He whispered in her hand. Tea inhaled sharply.
 
"Well since your so stuck on dancing," Iya began glowering at her, "and not even near death will knock some since into your head," He said advancing on her. Kaiba glared at him and Tea clung to Kaiba for dear life. "Then its' obvious to me that your mother and I can't change your mind, so you have our permission to pursue your dream, on the condition that if it doesn't work out you will become a lawyer or a dentist like us." He said smiling at her. Tea's eyes widened.
 
"You, you mean it?" She asked cautiously. He shook her head, and she launched herself into his arms. The mother ran up and embraced her. "I love you guys so much." Tea said crying into their arms.
 
"I'm just glad to be a family again." Kisha said squeezing her tight. "And it looks like your new little brother or sister will be able to know their big sister after all." She said warmly. Tea's eyes widened.
 
"You mean your?" Tea said in disbelief. Kisha smiled and nodded and Tea hugged her mother, happily. "Our family's going to be so big now!" She shouted. She opened her eyes and looked at Kaiba and saw him with his head down, nervously playing with her bed sheets. "Real big now." She said again pulling herself away from them. She walked over to Kaiba and grabbed his hand.
 
"Mom, Dad I like you to meet Seto Kaiba, he's my boyfriend." she said nervously pulling him towards her. "And he's been my home away from home, when I wasn't living with you guys." She said quietly. Kaiba bowed politely to them.
 
"Konnban wa Mr and Mrs Gardner." He mumbled. (a/n: good evening)
 
"The Seto Kaiba." Kisha said her eyes widening in shock.
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you Kaiba sama." She said quickly bowing lower than him as was custom, as did Iya.
 
"Like wise." Kaiba said pointedly.
 
"Thanks for caring for my daughter in our absence, not tell me boy, what's the nature of your relationship with my daughter." Iya said wrapping an arm around Kaiba's shoulder. "There better not have been any hanky panky." He said squeezing the life out of Kaiba.
 
"Dad, stop it, don't you trust me more than that!" Tea shouted, more than a little embarrassed.
 
"Sir, I assure you nothing like that has happened." Kaiba said prying himself out.
 
"In that case I'd love to have you over for dinner, tomorrow, after school." Kisha said pointedly.
 
"Ma'am with all due respect I'm much to busy running a multi-million dollar, not yen, dollar company to..." Kaiba began.
 
"What was that." Iya said glaring at Kaiba. Kaiba looked over at Tea who was mouthing for him to just accept.
 
"Fine whatever." Kaiba said crossing his arms. Tea leaped for joy in Kaiba's arms. He kissed her on lips, however quickly and smiled.
 
"You know I spoil you." He said, kissing her again.
 
"How dare you touch her." Iya shouted jumping him and choking him, Kaiba flailing under him. Tea laid next to Kaiba and tried to push up on his chest to prevent him from killing him.
 
"Daddy no, I love him." Tea said when it didn't work.
 
"Die!" Iya shouted, choking him further.
 
"Aaaaacckkkk." Kaiba choked out.
 
"Oh dear, well at least we're in a hospital." Said Kisha watching the whole scene.