Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Last Christmas ❯ 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"You're too soft, pharaoh." Bakura watched, his own light clutched protectively in his arms as Yami entered the den. "If that had been my hikari, the bitch's body would be in several pieces and being scattered across the globe by now."

Yami just snorted, picked Yugi up, and went upstairs to their Grandfather. Telling the old man Yugi had gotten sick, which was easily believable given his current state, Yami bundled his hikari up and took him home. They lay together on the couch, Yami on his back with Yugi stomach down on his chest, head tucked under his chin, and a soft, thick blanket over both of them.

They lay together, Yami rubbing Yugi's back, and stared at the sparkling, lighted Christmas tree. There were no presents under the tree; they were all hidden in Grandpa's room, until he came home and put them out, after both boys were asleep in their room so it would look like Santa had come, even though both were too old to believe in that. Yugi was so sweet and innocent, he still got a kick out of it when Grandpa would do that, and the other two family members went along to humor him.

"Mmm, Yami?"

Yami kissed the top of Yugi's freshly showered hair. As soon as they'd come in the door, Yami had given his sneezing hikari a warm bath, rubbed vaporizer on his chest, and made him take at least three different medications to prevent him from getting sick. "Hai, hikairi?"

"Aishiteru."

Yami smile broadened, and he snuggled the small one closer to him. "Aishiteru, Yugi. Forever."

Yugi smiled and kissed the soft indentation in Yami's neck before settling happily down and falling asleep. "Merry Christmas."

Yami's eyes were drifting close as well. "Merry Christmas, Yugi."