Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Legacy of the Red Eyes Black Dragon and Harpy Lady ❯ Ch.2: The journey Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch.2: The journey Begins
Ok I don't own Yugioh and the only thing I own is Lexie, her father, aunts and uncle. that's about it.
povs
'Thoughts'
flashbacks
Third Person
At Domino park there was a flash of light that no one noticed expect for a certain spirit of the millennium puzzle. `What's with that strange light? It almost look like it was coming from the park…can't stay awake I'll check it out tomorrow.' were the last of the thoughts of the drowsy spirit.
Walking around town at the slightly nightlife was no other then Joey Wheeler he left his drunk of a father at home trying to stay out as long as possible with out hopeful no bruises when the old man hits later on. Joey thought he heard someone whimpering behind a tree near the playground at Domino Park. He felt like his heart was going to break at the sound of the soft cry of the sound, his protective instincts going more higher then when it came to his sister Serenity but the same a amount when it came to the beautiful Mai Valentine. He stood still listing to the calls of the whimpering sound thinking it was almost it was the girl of his dreams.
Instead it turned out to be a little girl around the age of nine looking lost and scared. He went towards the little girl as gently as he could while his protectiveness went haywire.
He asked the little girl, “Hey there little one what's your name?”
Lexie gazed at the blond in front of her, his brown eyes similar to her own stared at her with worry and concerned as she answered, “Lexie.”
She saw her grandfather's past self smile at her. She felt safe for the first time in her life since she could remember. She saw Joey extend a hand towards in a gesture for her to get up. She stood yawning and feeling sleepy.
Joey saw Lexie yawn and figured the kid was tired so he picked her up in his arms were he went back home trying to figure out how to keep her safe from the bastard of a father. She fell asleep with the rocking motions on the way to the apartment.