Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Let It Snow!!! ❯ Bring out the Decorations! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Let it Snow!!!

By: Jodi-Lyne Rankin

A/N: This is my first fanfic I've ever written, I wrote it before Christmas when I was listening to-yes you've guessed it-Let it Snow! I own none of the Yu-Gi-Oh characters. To those who like Yaoi-sorry you won't find any here I'm a hard core Mai and Joey fan. Well hope you enjoy & please review!

Christmas was coming and the gang were having a snowball fight. Tea, Yugi and Tristan were on one team and Mai, Joey, and Serenity were on the other. Yugi's team had built a snowcastle and were winning. Joey quickly thought up a strategy to win, it wasn't the greatest but it would have to do. All three of them (Serenity, Mai and Joey) would storm the castle with as much force as they could. They managed to destroy the snow castle, but they had lost the battle. Mai had managed to get a snowball and throw it right on the back of his head. Joey had turned around to see who had hit him... and was hit in the face this time.Joey wiped the snow of his face, grabbed a snowball and said "Everyone for themselves!".

He then threw the snowball at Mai, it hit her in the chest with such a strong force that she was knocked over. Joey ran quickly to check to see if she was alright, he then asked her "Are you okay, Mai?", he then put out his hand to help her up but was pulled down into the snow by Mai. Mai giggled and said "Gotcha!". Joey started to laugh with Mai. Joey loved to hear Mai laugh she had such a beautiful laugh and she looked extremly pretty with the freshly fallen snowflakes in her hair. Joey stared straight into Mai's purple eyes, she stared into his and then blushed and turned her head away. They laughed for awhile together, then Joey looked around to see that everyone had already gone inside. Joey looked at Mai, he wanted to go skating with her. Mai stared back at him unsure of why we was looking at her so. Joey wantedto go out and do winter activities other than the game shop, he didn't feel like joining the others yet.

He asked Mai "Hey Mai, you wanna get outta here and go skating?" Mai sighed "Oh I would Joey but,I don't know how to skate I don't even own a pair of skates.". Mai wished she could go but had never ever put a pair of skates on in her life. Joey smiled and answered her "That's okay Mai, I'll get you Serenity's old pair and I could teach you if you want?" "Oh really Joey I'd love that! Come on let's go!" Mai pulled Joey's arm towards her car. They first had went to Joey's apartment to get the skates, then they headed to the Domino lake. Joey had gotten his skates on fine, but Mai was having great trouble with hers. "Need a little help?" questionned Joey. "Of course you nit wick!" Mai snapped, she was annoyed at how long it took her to get her skates tied up.

"Relax Mai, I'll help you" so he helped her with her skates and then got up. Mai made an attempt to get up but fell on her behind. Joey skated towards her and said "Here let me help you." . He lifted up his left arm, Mai grabbed it and pulled herself up, she would have fallen again if Joey hadn't caught her in time. His hands were on her waist and he was about to let go when Mai screamed "Joey, don't let go I need you!" Mai heart skipped a beat so did Joey's. Did she really say what Joey thought she said. 'I guess she does care about me' Joey thought to himself 'If she needs me'. Mai was holding on to Joey as tightly as she could without hurting him, she felt safe with him and couldn't stand on her own without using Joey as a support. "Well" Joey said "I doubt I'd be able to teach you how to stand up, so hold on to me and I'll lead you".

Together they looked at the ice sculptures, Joey stopped to buy Mai a beavertail, to wich she objected, but when Joey had told her it wasn't reall a beaver's tail she ate it. "It tastes so good," she said as Joey put a piece of cinnamon beavertail in her mouth. It was getting dark and cold so Joey stopped to buy two cups of hot chocolate one for him and one for Mai. They were headed towards the car, when Joey noticed Mai was shivering. "Are you cold, Mai? I could give you my coatif you want?" Mai was going to object " No thank you Joey but-" before she could even speak Joey had placed the jacket over her shoulders. Mai sat down beside him and put her head on his chest, she could hear his heartbeat, Joey was looking up at the sky "What are you thinking about Joey?" Mai asked him.

"I was just thinking of how beautiful the stars look tonight, don't you think they're beautiful Mai?" "Yes Joey they're absolutely gorgeous!". Soon later, Mai had fallen asleep on Joey's chest. Joey didn't want to wake her, but, it was getting pretty late and he was getting pretty tired. He figured he'd just close his eyes for a second... When Joey woke up it was daylight, he carefully woke Mai up. "We slept the whole night Mai. Did you have anyplace you needed to go to last night?" "Other than with you? No Way!" Joey smiled. "We should probably head back to the gang we haven't seen them since the snowball fight, they might be worried something's going on, we can go back to your apartment first and you can freshen up and the I'll head over to the game shop." Suggested Joey. "No way hun" said Mai "You can do all the driving, you'll drive me to my apartment, I'll freshen up, while you wait in the car for me and then we can both go to the Game shop-together. You can do all the driving."

"Anything for you Mai" Joey responded sarcasticly. Mai smiled and tossed the keys to her car to Joey. Joey caught them, jumped in the car and waited for Mai to sit in the passenger's seat. They arrived at Mai's apartment so Mai went in to take a shower and change her clothes. Once Mai was ready. she walked back to the car and handed Joey back the skates. "Here;'s the skates back Joey. Thank you for last night I had such a fun time hanging out with you, let's do it again sometime okay?" She kissed him on the cheek. "You can go and take a shower if you'd like, I can wait." "What are you trying to tell me, Mai that I stink?" Joey answered her mockingly. "Just go and take a shower" Mai told him as she tossed him her keys to the apartment. "Thanks Mai!" Joey said as he hopped out of the car and heade towards Mai's apartment.

After Joey had come out, they finally left for the Game Shop. Once they arrived, they walked in to find Yugi's grandpa, Solomon, at the cash, Joey asked "Hey gramps, do you know where Yugi is?". Solomon replied "They're upstairs, your sister said if you were looking for her she'd be at home but she just called a few moments ago saying she'd be arriving here in a few moments." "Thanks Gramps, we'll be upstairs if you need us." Joey said as both he and Mai turned to head up the stairs, the door opened and Serenity came out to join them. "Oh, Hi Joey, Hi Mai!" "Hey Serenity!" Both of them responded at the same time. Serenity grabbed onto Joey's left arm, and Mai took his right arm. Joey was taken by surprise, that Mai had grabbed his arm. Mai was tired of seeing Serenity cling to Joey and wanted to 'cling' to him alone.

Joey felt kind of awkward because he couldn't use his hands finally got out of being 'clung' to. Once they arrived upstairs Joey met up with Yugi and started to talk about duel monsters, leaving Mai and Serenity alone. Mai stared at Joey wondering what to do about the feelings she had for him, she wanted to be with him, but didn't wan't anyone else to know about the feelings she had for him. She knew that she loved him, but did he have the same feelings that she did about him? She vowed to herself right then and now that she would not tell Joey how she felt about him unless she knew how he felt about her first.

She liked Serenity and knew that she wasn't a threat to her, but sometimes she wished to be as close as Serenity was with Joey and sometimes even closer then that. Serenity then looked at Mai as if she had just read her mind and asked her "You like him Mai, don't you?" " I have no idea on earth who you are talking about." Came Mai's uneasy answer. "I'm pretty sure you do, Mai." Serenity told her. "You've been staring at my brother all day! What happened between you two last night? You've been so cheery all day when you're both around each other. You like him don't you?" Mai's face was in shock, someone had managed to figure out her secret!

She only hoped her feelings for Joey weren't seen through towards the rest of the group. "H-How d-did you know?" Mai gave up trying to hide. "Like I said, it's obvious the way you go around smiling when your around him, and when he leaves you're less happy" Mai blushed hoping that her feelings weren't as obvious towards Serenity as they were to Joey. "Alright everyone" Yugi began. "Who wants to help decorate the Game Shop for Christmas?" Everyone wanted to help so Yugi had seperated different jobs for everyone.

Tristan was putting up the Christmas lights outside, Tea was decorating the Christmas Tree with Serenity, Yugi was hanging the stockings, Mai was hanginbg the Mistletoe and Joey was hanging up the Christmas wreathes. Joey smiled at Mai as she hung up the Mistletoe, Mai blushed at his smile, then turned her head because she realized she was blushing. Then suddenly everyone heard a loud 'BANG'. Joey looked out the window, Mai had ran to see what it was too.