Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Let It Snow!!! ❯ Winter Wonderland ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Let it Snow!
By: Jodi-Lyne Rankin
 
A/N: I'm really sorry I couldn't update sooner, I was lazy-yes lazy. Well I'm determined to finish this before next Christmas. This will be thesecond last chapter, yeah I know a short story compared to my others.Arigato to Nall-chan, Moses-the-little-girl, Flame, Raven Black-sanand Danielle
 
 
They both looked down to see that Tristan had fallen off the ladder. Then they heard Serenity run down and ask “Tristan are you okay?” Tristan responded with “I will be if you give me a kiss!” after which Serenity hit him in the head and went back inside murmuring something about Tristan being a pervert.
 
 
Joey sighed; he knew Tristan wasn't all that bad, he just wished Tristan would stop flirting with his little sister. Because everybody had separated their jobs they had finished early, except for Tristan who kept falling off the roof. No one had any idea what to do next, so Mai suggested “Why don't we make a snowman!”
 
 
“I don't want to, it's too cold outside!” Tea whined and you obviously knew that Yugi would agree with her. “I agree guys; I'm with Tea on this one what about you?” Yugi asked Joey. “Eh, I think I'd rather go outside with Mai than stay inside!” came his answer. “Well Tristan's still outside, I think I'll help build the snowman while I'm waiting for him” Serenity answered.
 
 
Mai was annoyed at Tea's answer, Tea always liked to answer first so that everyone else would answer the same as her-but not this time. Mai put on her purple boots, a long purple coat that looked more like a sweater, and a thin, light purple scarf. Joey put on his jacket and looked at Mai as she went outside.
 
 
He thought about how pretty she looked and her purple eyes, he thought of how much he loved her, he simply couldn't remain happy if they stayed friends, to him she was more than a friend. Mai and Serenity had already begun the bottom of the snowman. Mai noticed Joey was staring at her so she called out to him “Hey Joey, aren't you going to join us?” as she flashed a smile.
 
 
Joey smiled and said “Yes, just looking at the beauties of winter!” then he begun the middle half of the snowman. Tristan had finally finished putting on the lights and turned them on. “Oh they're so beautiful!” Serenity said praising Tristan and that's all it took to satisfy him. Mai left soon after saying “I have to do a bit of shopping.” she wasn't very specific. Joey who also wanted to leave, was trying to stop Tristan from flirting with his sister, he finally said “I'm going home sis, you comin'?” to which she decided she should or suffer the consequences of walking home in the dark.
 
 
The next day Joey was hanging with Yugi, Tea, and Tristan (Serenity had gone to visit Duke). The gang were walking down the main street of Domino. Joey stopped to buy a few Christmas decorations for his apartment. Yugi had asked him to get more mistletoe (A/N: I wonder what Yugi has planned? ^__^). When Joey had finished his shopping he told Yugi “Hey Yug, whaddya think o' Mai?”
 
 
Yugi was shocked “Uh, why do you want to know Joey?” Yugi replied confused, then realized why Joey was asking that question. “Oh, I see you like her don't you?-more than a friend?” Joey was shocked that Yugi knew “Yes I mean I think so.” Joey wasn't used to expressing his feelings. “Uh, Yug-you won't tell her right?” “Of course not! Only if you asked me too (which I'm sure you won't)” “Thanks Yug!” Joey checked his watch “Sorry Yugi I gotta pick up Serenity, I'll see you later though” “Goodbye Joey”. Joey had arrived just on time to pick up Serenity. “You're always on time for me Joey!” Serenity said as she ran to give her brother a hug. All along the way back to Joey's apartment, Serenity talked about all the places Duke had brought her.
 
 
Joey wasn't really listening, he was thinking about Mai. Serenity, who noticed her brother wasn't listening, asked him “What's wrong Joey?” “Hunh, eh nothing just thinking about someone…” replied Joey. Serenity was curious as to who this “someone” was, Serenity started to tease Joey about it. “Who are you thinking about Joey?” Serenity asked. Joey stared at Serenity, it wasn't normal for her to ask Joey what he was thinking of but he answered her nonetheless with a less specific answer “Oh just some girl…”. Serenity smiled, Joey hoped she wouldn't ask anymore questions but knew she would.