Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Let It Snow!!! ❯ A kiss under the Mistletoe ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Let it Snow!
By: Jyde Sayuri
A/N: Hey all, I forgot completly about this story. Although I have finished writing it I still have to type it. I've gotten into the christmas spirit and decided to try and finish this fic. Anyways I'm sorry it took forever to update. It's my b-day it like five days I'm really excited too! I share it w/ my grandpa so me n' him are really close!

"Which girl Joey?" Joey was starting to get annoyed, would she ever stop asking questions. He started blushing because he really deidn't want to answer, but he always promised Serenity he'd be honest with her so he answered "I was uh, thinking about Mai, that's all". "Really? Why were you thinking about her?" "Oh look we're here!" Joey said glad to have an excuse not to continue the conversation. He got out of the car as fast as he could.

He opened the door to find Yugi, Tea and Tristan were watching a duel on TV. It was actually the first time Joey was glad Tristan asked him where his sister was. Joey was trying to avoid her as much as he could now. Serenity knew this, but was not going to give up until she had an answer. She gave up for today because she wanted to spend time with Tristan, he was taking her out to the movies .

Joey went back to his apartment after talking with Yugi about some new dueling strategies and such. The next weekend Serenity invited Mai and Tea to Joey's apartment. Since she was staying there for a few weeks. Joey didn't want to be stuck with girls in his apartment all week and invited Tristan and Yugi to come and join them. The girls were baking, while the boys were checking to see if their was a game on Tv, but since their wasn't they went out side to shovel the driveway.

"Why don't we make hot chocolate for the boys, once they come in?" suggested Tea. "Sure that'd be fun!" Serenity spoke. They both turned to Mai, who was shut out of the world, staring dreamily at Joey through the window. "Earth to Mai!" Tea spoke waving her hand in front of her. "Is their anybody in there?". Mai suddenly realized where she was and what Tea had just asked her and spoke "Oh I'm sorry Tea, I'm not really in the mood to make hot chocolate right now."

Tea knew who Mai was looking at outside the window. "Well, what do you want to do next? I can't believe Joey still hasn't got his christmas decoirations up yet! Hey why don't we put them up for him?" Tea knew Mai might agree to that. "Sure I'll help you with that but first we need to find his decorations, Serenity could you help me find them? You know Joey's place better than I do!" answered Mai.

She grabbed Serenity's arm and went searching for christmas decorations. Tea thought it was just an excuse to look through Joey's stuff, which in fact was the truth.She people said love is blind, but how could neither Mai nor Joey know the feelings they share for one another. Tea had thought up a plan to get them together, so she sent Mai out to bring Joey his hot chocolate as the others went in to warm up their toes (well that was their excuse). Tea told Yugi, Tristan and Serenity her plans.

Yugi and Tristan were in charge of trying to get Joey to meet alone with Mai, while Tea and Serenity were to make up an excuse for Mai to meet Joey alone. Outside Joey had just finished drinking his hot chocolate when Mai threw a snowball at him, Joey quickly ducked and avoided Mai's snowball attack but let go of his cup which immediatly broke on contact with the ground. "Nice going Mai!" proclaimed Joey as he picked up the broken pieces, he smiled and spoke again "Come on, we better go they're waiting for us." Joey said pointing to the window where Tristan, Yugi, Tea and Serenity had been watching them.

As soon as they realized that Joey was pointing at them, they went off in different directions. Mai put her arm around Joey's and together they walked inside. Joey threw out his broken cup pieces. Yugi had put some mistletoe in the second doorway of the entrance. Yugi smiled and so did Tea, Serenity and Tristan, then Joey looked up to see what they were smiling at . Joey was both horrified and happy at the same time, sure he did want to kiss Mai but not in front of his friends. "Ha, ha very funny guys!" said Joey.

"Well," Mai said with a smile "aren't you going to kiss me?". She had already seen the mistletoe. Joey smiled, took a deep breath, pulled Mai towards him and kissed her. It wasn't just a peck, but it only lasted five seconds. Mai was stunned, she wasn't sure if he was going to kiss her or not... and he did! She didn't know he was such a good kisser, suddenly she remembered wher she was and snapped out of her dreamily state and stopped leaning on the doorway.

Joey remembered where he was too for he had been staring at Mai the entire time and when she snapped out of her dreamily state so did he. He looked up to his sister and friends and spoke "There are you guys happy now?"

A/N: Yay they kissed! I think they're is probably one or two more chapters left. I really hope you all liked this chapter as much as I did! Well I for one can't wait for christmas-despite it being like four months away!!! Well l8er
~Jyde Sayuri~