Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Let It Snow!!! ❯ We need A little Christmas!!! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Let it Snow!

B
y: Jyde Sayuri

A/N: I didn't forget!!! Christmas is coming and I am so determined to finish this by then!!! Thank you to those who reviewed: amanda yami's queen, KagStar, and inuyasha-luvr-4evr.

With that comment, Mai grabbed Serenity's hand and dragged her to the kitchen. "You didn't hang that mistletoe up did you?" Mai said quickly. "No," was Serenity's response "Yugi did." "Ugh! That twerp, you didn't tell him how I feel about Joey did you?" "Of course not! He probably found out on his own, like everyone else did!" "What everyone knows? Even Joey?" "No, Joey's too stupid to notice and yes it's that obvious just like it's obvious that he has the same feeli-" Serenity clamped a hand to her mouth. "Has the same what?" Mai had to know what Serenity was going to say but Serenity was not going to give her an answer.

Serenity knew it would be better if they confessed their feelings to each other first. "Mai, tell Joey how you feel. You'll kill yourself waiting to find out!" "I can't I'm too scared!" came Mai's answer. "Fine then!" Srerenity was starting to get annoyed. "Spend all the time you want swooning over Joey, he might meet someone else if you don't act now!"Serenity left Mai in the kitchen as she went to join the rest of the gang. Mai began to cry, she couldn't handle her emotions when it came to Joey.

No one however had noticed that Joey was listening to their conversation and when he was sure Serenity had left he walked into the room where Mai was still crying. "What's wrong Mai?" he asked "Anything I can do?". Mai's emotions seemed to swell up innside of her when she saw Joey and all she could say was "Hold me, please just hold me Joey!". Joey knelt down to the ground and put his arms aropund Mai and her like that as she was crying into his chest.

He had spent at least an hour holding on to her when Serenity called out "Joey, the gang's leaving and I'm gonna hang out at Tea's place tonight. Come say good bye!". Joey then gently pulled Mai out of his chest and whispered in her esar "I'll be right back I promise." he kissed her forehead and got up. Mai's heart skipped two beats as he did this. Mai listened to Joey say goodbye to the others and then he came back to the kitchen. Mai stood up "I guess I should probably leave now too." she said as she wipped the rest of her tears out of her eye.

"No way! At least not until ya feel a little better Mai. I can't send you home like this." he looked at Mai with concerned eyes and noticed how pale she looked he place his hand on her forehead and as soon as he did she fainted. Joey was lucky enough to catch her when she did though before she hit the floor. He prepared Serenity's room for her and carried her in and placed her on the bed. He covered her with some blankets and began making Miso soup.

When she woke up he served her the soup and placed a night gown next to hers "It's Serenity's but I think it'll fit ya. It might be a little small though. Mai sat up and hugged him. "Thank you Joey!" he blushed and said "No problem.". Joey grabbed the tray he had brought her and did the dishes while she changed into Serenity's nightgown. She got back into Serenity'sa bed and Joey came back in, Joey watched over her until she fell asleep.

The next morning Mai woke up to the best sleep she had ever had and was glad she was able to spend the night at Joey's otherwise she would have been alone at home and sick. Joey knocked on the door and came in "Mornin' Mai". "Good Morning Joey." she answered back. Joey began scratching the back of his neck and asked "Um, Mai I was wondering- that is if you're not already doing something else if you'd like to spend Christmas Eve with me, before the gang comes over." "I'd love too!" Mai had replyed and before she had even realized it she had jumped on top of Joey rolling herself and Joey off the bed.

Joey was now on top of her and they were both laughing and then Joey stopped his eyes staring right at Mai. Mai felt an uneasyness in the way he was looking at her she liked it but it wasn't a look you'd give to a friend and that's why Mai was so scared of it. She got up dusted herself off and by the time she had done so Joey had already gotten up. "I'm sorry." Mai said "I didn't intend for that to happen." "It's alright Mai."

"Well I probably should get going now Joey I still have some Christmas shopping to do." Mai told him. "Alright dat's fine, g'bye" he wavved to her from the window when he realized he had still not gotten a present for Mai and Chroistmas Eve was tomorrow! He quickly got into his truck and headed straight to the mall. He went to the Jewler's and got a necklace he had specially made for her. It had a gold chain with an amethyst gemstone in the middle with more gold surrounding it. On the back Joey had it engraved with "To Mai with Love from Joey". He put it back in the box in his pocket and he had finished his shopping for christmas.

The next day, Mai couldn't wait to spend it with Joey. When he arrived the first place they had gone too was an awesome restaurant where everything around them (except the food) was made of glass. "Wow, Joey this place looks expensive! How did you getr reservations?" Joey ignored her and they both took sat down at their table. The food was terrific but what Mai enjoyed the most was the beautiful music the violinists were playing. Whenever he saw Mai smile his heart skipped a beat "Mai," he said "I can't keep my feelings for you inside any longer. The truth is Mai, that I love you!"

Mai blushed pink, she was laughing and crying at the same time "Oh Joey! I love you too! I've loved you ever since-"Joey had put his finger up to her lips. His nose was now touching her nose when he tilted his head and kissed her. The kiss lasted a few minutes when Mai had to pull away to catch her breath and then pulled Joey back into another passionate kiss. A few moments later Joey pulled out the present he had gotten for Mai. Mai opened it, and was in awe when she read the inscription on it "Can you help me put it on?" Mai asked as she pulled her hair to one side of her neck.

Once Joey had managed to put it on Mai turned to look at him and Joey smiled and said "It matches your eyes". "We bewtter get going or we'll be late meeting up with Yugi and the gang." They got into the car and met up with Yugi and the others at the Games shop. Everone knew something had happened between them because when they arrived, Joey had his arm around Mai's waist and both looked extremly happy. Serenity walked up towards them "I'm so very happy for you guys" and she hugged them. "Mai, Joey, Serenity come on let's open our gifts now!" Tristan yelled.

Srenity ran over and kissed Tristan who smiled back and said "Merry Christmas Serenity." Joey hadn't noticed t he kiss though otherwise he would have sais something but he was to distracted with Mai to notice. He had just given him her gift, Joey opened it to find a box of chocolates shaped like his favourite Duel monsters. He had kissed Mai right away when he had seen them and started eating them. Mai laughed she then turned her head towards the window where she saw the snow falling in the black sky. "Oh Joey look isn't it beautiful?

Let's go dance in it!" she told him grabbing his hand and heading towards the door. "Dance? Alright I guess, anyone else coming?". The whole gang went out to join them, Tea even brought out a cd player to play some Christmas music while Serenity filled up glasses with egg nog (even though not everyone liked it, Tristan drank it but just because Serenity had brought it out!). The night was beautiful and everyone had someone they loved more than a friend with them. Tea and Yugi had been going out awhile before anyone else had, but the next two Christmas' would be more imporatant to Joey and Mai then to anyone else.

The next Christmas Mai and Joey would be engaged and the Christmas after that Mrs. Mai Wheeler would find out that she was carrying Mr. Joey Wheeler's child. The couple would always remember this Christmas though as the Christmas that started it all.

A/N: I finished it! Yay after like what two or three years? Well at least it's finished and before Christmas too! Well merry Christmas to all you peeps! Happy Holidays to those of you who celebratte it differently!
~Jyde Sayuri~