Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ligt Will Always Overcome the Darkness ❯ Darkness Falls ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2: Darkness Falls

The next day, Leona arrived at one of New York’s best and expensive hotels. As she entered the hotel, she caught a glimpse of Kaiba walking towards to his limo. In the lobby of the hotel she saw Mokuba. Mokuba saw Leona and ran up to her. “You made it!” Mokuba cheered as he hugged Leona tightly. “Mokuba, you can let go of me now.” Leona said. Mokuba let go of her and told her, “Seto just left a couple seconds ago.” Leona smiled and replied, “I know, I just saw him.” As they were walking out of the hotel Mokuba asked, “Are your friends coming with us?” “Actually their waiting for us at Central Park.” Leona answered. “C’mon let’s get going.” Mokuba said while talking Leona’s hand and pulling her towards the door.
At Central Park, Leona and Mokuba met up with Katrina and Blossom who were sitting under a huge tree. “It’s about time you showed up.” Blossom said. “Well, I hope you two didn’t start eating lunch without us.” Leona joked. “Hey where’s Kaiba?” Katrina asked. “My brother’s working on Kaiba Corp’s latest project.” Mokuba answered. “Poor Leona. You don’t have your boyfriend with you.” Blossom teased. “He’s not my boyfriend!” Leona cried out. “C’mon sis, leave Leona alone.” Katrina told her sister. Leona smiled and said, “That’s alright Katrina. Blossom, you’re just probably teasing me because I defeated your Winged Dragon of Ra twice yesterday.” “I would’ve won if you didn’t play your Soul Exchange magic card.” Blossom said.
“Alright you two break it up.” Katrina said. The four of them sat down and started eating lunch. “So, Mokuba what’s your brother’s company working on?” Leona asked as she took a bite out of her sandwich. “Sorry I can’t tell you. It’s top secret information that only my brother knows. All he told me was this invention will revolutionize duel monsters.” Mokuba answered. “Well do you know when it’ll be finished?” Blossom asked. “Seto said the prototypes would be done by July 23rd.” Mokuba told her. “Isn’t that a coincident, that day also happens to be Leona’s birthday.” Katrina said. Leona almost choked on her sandwich as she heard her friend tell Mokuba about her birthday.
“That’s so cool. You’re birthday’s coming up. Wait until I tell Seto.” Mokuba said. “Hey Leona, speaking of your birthday, what do you want?” Blossom asked. Leona thought for a moment then answered, “Nothing really. I don’t really want anything this year.” Mokuba looked at Leona surprised. “But it’s your birthday; you’re supposed to get gifts. There has to be something you want. Mokuba told her. Leona smiled and shook her head. “I already have everything. My family and my friends are all with me. And that’s all I want.” Leona told her friends.
The four friends finished lunch and headed out of the park. They weren’t aware that someone was watching them very closely and was listening to their conversation. “It is time for darkness to shed the light. Soon Seto you will lose everything and then I will set my sights on you and finally have my revenge.” Said someone. Leona and the others arrived at the hotel just in time to run into Kaiba. Mokuba ran to his brother and said, “I missed you big brother. Guess what?” Kaiba smiled at Mokuba’s excitement and asked, “What?” “Leona’s birthday is coming up. It’s on the same day you finish working on the project for Kaiba Corp.” Mokuba answered.
Kaiba walked over to where Leona and her friends were standing. “Thanks for spending time with Mokuba.” Kaiba said. “No problem. I like spending time with your little brother.” Leona told him. “Your birthday’s coming soon; I’ll remember to take that day off from work.” Kaiba told her. “You don’t have to; I don’t have anything planned yet.” Leona said. Kaiba smiled at Leona then asked, “How about the two of us catch a movie or something this weekend.” Leona blushed a little and answered, “Umm…okay.” Kaiba and Mokuba went in the hotel. Leona turned around and looked at her friends who were smiling. “Not one word from either one of you.” Leona said. “We didn’t say anything.” Katrina told her. “Yeah, but I know what you two are thinking, so stop it.” Leona replied.
The girls starting walking towards the bus stop. “How about we take a short cut through this alley way. It’ll be quicker.” Blossom suggested. “I don’t know about that Blossom.” “It’s way too hot to wait for the bus, and the alley way is cooler. We won’t fry getting home.” Blossom told them. “She’s got a point there.” Leona said. “Well…alright.” Katrina agreed. The girls headed into the alley way. They were talking, when they suddenly started to hear footsteps. The girls stopped talking and turned around. They saw nothing. When they walked towards the end of the alley way they saw two rare hunters blocking their path.
(What are they doing here? I thought all this madness ended two years ago.) Leona thought. “Leona, aren’t those the rare hunters you told us about.” Katrina said. Leona slowly nodded and thought (What could they possibly want?) “It’s good to see you again, Leona. And I see you have two new victims for us.” Said one rare hunter. “It’s two against three; we can make a run for it.” Blossom said. “I’m afraid there is no escape for you three.” The other rare hunter said. The girls turned around and saw three more rare hunters walking towards them. “Now tell us where Seto Kaiba or else you three won’t be leaving here alive.” The rare hunter told them.