Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ligt Will Always Overcome the Darkness ❯ The Resue ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 7: The Rescue

“I hope you’re ready to lose this duel.” Lumis told Yami and Kaiba. “We won’t lose. Once we defeat you, you’ll tell us where Leona is.” Yami said. Kaiba drew his first card and said, “I’ll start this duel off by playing Lord of Dragons in attack mode. Next I’ll play two Flutes of Summoning Dragons magic cards. I hope you’re decks are prepared for my three Blue-Eyes White Dragons and my powerful Luster Dragon.” Kaiba’s side of the field was covered with his best dragons. “Wow four dragons in one turn. I’ll bet no one can survive that move.” Blossom said.
Yami drew a card next. “I play two cards face down and play Kuriboh in defense mode.” Yami said. What kind of opening move is that?” Blossom asked. “Remember Blossom, Yami is known for being the champion at Battle City. He probably has a plan.” Katrina told her sister. It’s the rare hunters turn now. “I could attack you’re pathetic fuzz-ball of a monster, Yugi, but then I would have to underestimate you’re face down cards. So I play a monster in defense mode and end my turn.” Lumis said making his move. “Don’t worry Lumis I got us covered.” Umbra told his teammate. (Mirror Force, perfect!) Umbra thought. “I play one card face down and one card in defense mode.” Umbra said.
“You rare hunters better be ready to tell us where Leona is.” Kaiba told them as he drew his next card. (Perfect it’s my Egyptian God card. Now they’ll pay.) Kaiba thought. “I sacrifice my three Blue-Eyes White Dragons to summon my Egyptian God card, Obelisk the Tormentor!” Kaiba said as he summoned his Egyptian God card. “That God card is huge.” Katrina said as she saw the God card. “Oh no not again.” Lumis said. “Obelisk absorb my remaining monsters to increase your own power.” Kaiba commanded.
Kaiba smiled at the rare hunters and told them, “If I were you two, I’d quit now.” Just as Kaiba was about to call the attack Umbra said, “You’re is at New York Harbor. She’s on your yacht Kaiba. Just don’t command your God card to attack us.” “Umbra, what are you doing?” Lumis asked his teammate. “If we fail again Master Marik will be furious and he’ll trap us in the Shadow Realm.” Umbra said in fear. “At least now we know where Leona is.” Katrina said. “Yes, let’s end this duel and call it a draw.” Yami said.
Just as Yami took off his duel disk, Kaiba commanded his God card to attack Lumid and Umbra. “Kaiba, that wasn’t necessary, they wanted to be spared!” Yami told him. “I’m not taking any chances; they could’ve escaped and told Marik we’re on our way.” Kaiba told Yami. “Fools I already know you’re on your way.” Said a voice. Everyone turned around and saw Lumis being mind controlled by Marik. “Marik, what did you do to Leona?” Kaiba asked. “By the time you find her aboard your yacht, Kaiba will be too late.” Marik answered and released the mind control on his rare hunter.
“What did Marik mean by that?” Katrina asked. “They must be planning something terrible.” Yami thought. (If anything happens to her, they’ll regret taking her in the first place.) Kaiba thought. They headed for the harbor and Yami noticed how upset Katrina and Blossom were. “Maybe the two of you should go back.” Yami told them. The girls shook their heads. “No we promised Leona we would help her out no matter what happens.” Blossom told him. Yami smiled at them and said, “You three have a very strong bond of friendship.”
Meanwhile aboard Kaiba’s yacht. “You’re pathetic friends are on their way to help you.” Marik told Leona, who was tied to a chair. Leona couldn’t focus on anything since the affects of the poison was so strong. She barely had enough strength to speak. “Why? Why are you doing all of this?” Leona asked. Marik looked at Leona and answered, “To gain the remaining Egyptian God cards and rule this world as pharaoh.” “Then what does all of this have to do with me?” Leona asked. Marik walked up to Leona and held her chin so she was able to look directly at him.
Marik smiled and answered, “Gozaburo has his own reasons for keeping you here and so do I. After I become pharaoh, you my dear Leona will become my queen.” As Marik leaned forward to steal a kiss from Leona, Leona gathered up what strength she had left and kicked Marik in the stomach. “Sorry, but I’m not into the whole royalty crowd. I’d rather die than be your queen.” Leona told Marik. Marik held his stomach and said, “It looks like you may get your wish.” Leona looked at Marik a little confused and asked, “What do you mean?” Marik laughed and answered, “The poison that has infected your body is slowly taking over. By the time your friends arrive, you won’t be able to stand. Your body will slowly stop functioning and you will die.” With that Marik left Leona alone. Fresh new tears appeared from Leona’s eyes. “Please hurry.” Leona whispered as she continued to cry.



Author's Note: R & R ppl. & check out my wesite www.freewebs.com/animedimensionuniverse Plz sign my guestbook ^_^