Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ lil_Jinx's Yu-Gi-Oh! Song Book ❯ Learning To Fall ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

~@Now I'm standing on a mountain of rubble,@~

Yami sat there, all by himself, dressed in his old Egyptian Pharoh cloths, including the crown. His hands were folded before him, his elbows propped on his knees. He was deep in thought. He'd been seperated from Yugi for a long time. How was the dual going between him and Bandit Keith? Was Yugi winning? Was Yugi losing? Was something wrong? What was wrong? Who had made Bandit Keith like this?

~@That once was a wall,@~

Yami sighed. "No sense thinking about now. Especially if I lose Yugi." A smile crossed his lips for a breife moment. "And to think I had liked to be Yugi, with friends and family who'd stick by me forever. I have a family, Solomon Moto and Yugi. And then my friends, Tea, Mokuba, Bakura, Tristan, Joey. I guess I am part of you, Yugi. I really wish I had met you sooner, then I wouldn't have been so harsh to you."

~@Took years to build around me,@~

Yami leaned back, his hands coming to rest on the Puzzle's steps next to him, his eyes slid shut and he tried to contact Yugi. He knew it wouldn't work, but he tried any way. "Gee, I wonder why Marik wants me. Is it something I don't know about?"

~@And you came along,@~

He thought back to the time when he had a good friend. When Preist Seto was still his best friend. When time seemed to be in their favor. He wanted to go back to that time, back to Seto's rambunctious pranks on the high preists, his own wild stunts off the tops of tops of pyramids, or even back to their first prank on his father.

~@And you tore it down,@~

Now he was with a young boy who was more clumsy than tall. Now he had two bully friends who liked to push this boy to his limits, just to make his show his best, a girl who loves to be alone with this boy, a bully's sister, with the sweetest-

~@Like it was nothing at all,@~

Yami suddenly sat up. He felt the whole puzzle shacking. It was happening again. He was being taken apart, but more like smashed. Everything seemed to crumble. He could feel the impact in his own body. He cried out in pain, blood oozing from a wound to his arm. Everything was spinning. Was Yugi the cause of this? Had Yugi done something to him? Where was the small teen? Was this some sort of punishment?

Everything went black.

~@Now it's a little scary,@~

"YAMI! OPEN YOUR EYES OR I'LL KILL YOU!"

"Very funny, Yugi." Yami didn't open his eyes. "I don't want to, five more minutes?"

"No, we've got to see if we can get you into better care, dummy!"

His eyes slid open, sure enough, there was that smiley face with thoes bright indigo eyes and flush face. Yugi was happily hugging his BF Pharoh Atumus. "Yugi, what's wrong?" Yugi playfully smacked Yami and ran off to hide. "Ah, I'm coming." He got up to find he was dressed in Yugi's school uniform. 'I'm back, I suppose.'

~@Learning to fall.@~