Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Living with a Vampire ❯ The Dark Vampire Lord ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Recap: Pegasus released three of the vampires that were sealed by Yami. They immediately wanted to get revenge. The vampires struck first when Yami and Yugi were at the park. Bakura came to aid in the battle. Then a third halfling dropped in to help. Yami, Bakura and the new halfling drove the vampires off with a tri attack. The new halfling was introduced as Seth, but is currently known as Seto Kaiba of Kaiba Corp. As Yugi is taking a walk with Yami inside the puzzle, the vampires strike. Shadow took off a piece of the puzzle, and Darkness captured him.
/ is Yugi or Ryou mental talk
// is Yami or Bakura mental talk
* is mental talk between Yami, Bakura and Kaiba
' is thoughts




Chapter 5: The Dark Vampire Lord

Yugi was taken prisoner. Shadow had removed the bottom piece of the puzzle. As they say, "A puzzle is not completed without all its pieces". The puzzle fell to the floor in pieces.
The pieces glowed, and Yami immerged. He was in one piece.
'As I said, the bond between Yugi and me is too strong for us to be separated if the puzzle should break,' Yami thought. He used his powers to put the puzzle back together, and he put it around his neck. He teleported back to the game shop.
"Where's Yugi?" Ryou asked.
"He was kidnapped again," Yami responded. "While he was walking, one of the vampires came down and removed the bottom piece of the puzzle. The puzzle fell apart. Fortunately, Yugi's bond with me is too strong for us to be separated by the puzzle being broken."
"What could they want to do with him?"Te`a asked.
"I don't know, but it can't be good," Yami responded.
Meanwhile at Pegasus' hideout, the vampires were preparing for a very dark ritual. They planned to bring their absolute ruler back into the world. The ritual required a full moon, and the blood of an innocent person.
"It appears that a full moon won't be out for three days," Pegasus said.
"Three days is a small time to wait. It will be worth it to bring our king back," Shadow said.
"Ah, yes it will," Pegasus said. "Then we'll use some of this young one's blood and leave his fate to our king."
Yugi was very scared right now. He wanted to get out of the place. /Yami?/ he tried.
//Are you all right?//
/I am for now. Are you okay?/
//Yes. Your bond with me made me more than strong enough to live even when the puzzle is broken//
/What happened to it?/
//I used my powers to put it back together//
/Oh/
//Where are you?//
/I'm in what looks like an abandoned sporting goods store. Please hurry. The vampires and Pegasus are going to use my blood to bring back their king/
//This is bad indeed. Stay calm. I'll be there as soon as I can//
"Where is he?" Bakura asked.
"He's in an abandoned sporting goods store," Yami responded. "Pegasus and the vampires want to bring the Dark Vampire Lord back into the world," he added.
"This is bad news. Not only will he be released, but his elite force will also come," Kaiba said.
"But we have time. The ritual requires a full moon. That won't happen for three days. We can still find Yugi before the ritual is completed," Bakura said.
"You're right. Let's go. We have to find Yugi before the ritual starts," Yami said.
Yami, Bakura, and Kaiba walked outside and flew off.
"So, where do we start looking?" Bakura asked.
"There are quite a few abandoned sporting good stores, so I'm not sure," Kaiba responded.
"I fear that the vampires might use a cloaking spell," Yami said. He had no idea of how right he was.
Pegasus and the vampires combined their power to put up a cloaking spell, but only to Yami, Bakura and Kaiba. That way, Yami, Bakura and Kaiba wouldn't be able to find the place until it was too late.
"Now that we have a cloaking spell, Yami and his halfling friends won't find us. With Yugi under a sleeping spell, he and Yami can't talk mentally," Pegasus said.
So far, Pegasus and the vampires were having their way. Yami, Kaiba and Bakura had no idea which sporting goods store was the right one. Yami couldn't contact Yugi through the link because the link was closed.
"At this rate, we won't find him until it's too late," Bakura said.
"Which is exactly what our foes wants. I'm not going to give up. Yugi is still alive, and I won't stop searching until I find him," Yami said.
Bakura and Kaiba felt how powerful Yami had become. Yami's bond with Yugi has made him stronger. Not to leave Bakura and Kaiba out. Bakura had become stronger through his bond with Ryou, and Kaiba had become stronger through his friendship with the people he's always around.
"I won't give up either," Bakura said.
"Neither will I," Kaiba said.
"Let's keep looking then," Yami said.
Yami, Bakura, and Kaiba flew on. A day passed, and they were nowhere close to Yugi's location. They searched quite a few abandoned sporting good stores with no luck. Yami wasn't discouraged. He was determined to find Yugi. His determination and knowledge that Yugi was still alive only strengthened his hopes of finding Yugi in time.
Meanwhile, the vampires were having their fun with Yugi. The sleeping spell was taken off for that purpose. Their fangs were extended as if ready to feed on him. Darkness took out a small but sharp dagger. She cut into Yugi's skin. The cut was deep enough to draw blood from him. They stuck a needle in him, and drew the blood needed for the ritual tomorrow night.
'Soon my king, you will strike fear into the hearts of many once again,' Shadow thought.
Yugi was once again under the sleeping spell. It was a very unfortunate thing because Yami almost had a fix on Yugi's location.
"What happened?" Kaiba asked.
"The link got severed again. I'm thinking that Yugi is under a sleeping spell," Yami responded.
"We have to hurry. We only have until nighttime tomorrow," Bakura said.
"Yeah. Time is running out," Kaiba said.
They flew on. They kept hope alive, and that hope gave them the strength to keep moving. Out of the three of them, Yami was the strongest. His bond with and deep care for Yugi have him strength everyday. Yami wouldn't give up until he found Yugi.
Fate was kind to them. A few moments later, Yami felt a connection with Yugi.
*The link between Yugi and me is back* Yami said extremely relieved.
*See if you can get through to him* Bakura said.
Yami nodded. //Yugi?//
/Y...Yami?/
//Yes. Are you all right?//
/Yes, for now still. They already drew my blood/
//Hang in there. We'll be there as soon as we can//
/We?/
//Bakura, Kaiba and me//
/What should I do?/
//Try to keep the link open. That way, we can reach you quicker//
/Okay/
Yami, Bakura and Kaiba were well into another city by now. They began to backtrack with Yami leading the way. They could only hope to make it in time. Soon, the sky darkened as the sun went down. They had less than a day left.
*We have to hurry,* Bakura said.
*Have you got a location yet?* Kaiba asked.
*Yes. Yugi is due north of here,* Yami responded. *That is all I can say for now. The cloaking spell is preventing me from doing any direct tracking* he added.
They flew on through the night. The next morning, they were still a very long way off. What they didn't know, and still don't know, was that for the past two days, they've passed over the location who knows how many times. By late afternoon, they were back in the city.
Fate was kind to them again. At that moment, Ryou happened to be walking by. He came to the abandoned store. But he heard voices.
'That's weird. This place has been abandoned for years,' Ryou thought. He peeked in a nearby window and saw Pegasus, the vampires and Yugi. 'I better tell Bakura,' he thought. /Bakura?/
//Yes. What is it Ryou?//
/I found Yugi/
//That's great! Where are you?//
/I'm on Domino St. and Suyaki Dr./
//Stay out of sight and keep your part of the link open//
/Okay/ Ryou quickly got out of sight.
"Yami, Ryou's found Yugi," Bakura said.
"This is very good news," Yami said with extreme relief. "Do you know exactly where they are?" he added.
"Yes. Follow me," Bakura responded as he took the lead.
Bakura flew ahead with Yami and Kaiba following close behind. They had renewed hopes now. They flew swiftly, for time was running out for them. At dusk, they flew lower. Ryou was waitng for them. He saw them a few moments later.
/Down here Bakura/
By talking mentally, Pegasus and the vampires still had no clue that Ryou was there. Bakura looked down and saw Ryou waving to Yami, Kaiba and him.
*Down there guys* Bakura said.
Bakura, Yami and Kaiba landed next to Ryou.
*I'll take Ryou back now. I'll be right back* Bakura said. He held onto Ryou and teleported to the game shop. He let go of Ryou and teleported back to where Yami and Kaiba were.
Meanwhile, the vampires had only one more thing to do to complete the ritual.
"Now my master, accept this blood and appear before your humble servants," Fear said.
Yami, Kaiba and Bakura quietly teleported in. They saw the bright red light, as well as a group of figures coming out.
*We're too late," Kaiba said.



Dun dun dun dun. Dun dun dun dun duuuuuunnnnn!!!!! Bigtime cliffie. Preview for Chapter 6: The Vampires' Downfall: Yugi is taken hostage by the Vampire Lord. Yami, Kaiba and Bakura have no choice but to retreat. The vampires, elite vampires, and the Vampire Lord start a feeding frenzy in the city. Yami, Bakura and Kaiba devise a two part plan. The first part of it deals with getting rid of the vampires and elite vampires. What is the first part of the plan? Stay tuned.

The second part of their plan won't be revealed until chapter 7. This is an early warning. If you should ask about the plan, I'll give you a general idea of the chapter 6 only. If you want me to give you a general idea of the second part, you will have to wait until chapter 6 has been posted.
Bye bye