Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Looking Back in Retrospective ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Something unusual happens to Jounouchi Katsuya while vacationing in Egypt with his family. After he is caught in a sandstorm, he is pulled back thousands of years into the past, into the reign of a Pharaoh's whose name is lost to history. There, he must play the unwilling double-agent between the Pharaoh and those who seek to overthrow him, while searching for a way to return to his time. But the friendships he forges and the affection given and recieved will forever bind him to them. Will he choose to return to his time, if he even can?
Inspired by DreamWork's A Millennium of Loneliness doujinshi
Looking Back in Retrospective
By Alecto Perdita
Prologue
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Shonen-ai
Email: Chiba_Ohiko@yahoo.com
Website: www . webliving . org / alecto /
Mailing list: groups . yahoo . com / subscribe / timewithoutend

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh is the intellectual property of Kazuki Takahashi, and is being used in this fanfiction for fan purposes only. All situations, opinions and characters not belonging to Kazuki Takahashi are the intellectual property of Alecto Perdita. He fingered the golden ankh around his neck. The hot sun beat down on his wrapped head. The white linen that made up his attire failed to fend off the intense heat of the Egyptian summer. He had spent his entire life and general existence in Egypt though. One would think he would be used to the heat by now.

But even the heat could not spoil his good mood today. Sure, he tried to never show any emotion but he could barely contain both the joy and the dread that welled in his stomach. Yes, that was quite the strange combination. But today! Today was the day! He felt it deep in his blood. It was the subconscious, actually, very much conscious stirring of the power that hung around his neck.

This was the day of over three thousand years in the making. Or perhaps, it was just simply the day that began everything three thousand years ago. It was hard to tell. Time was a paradox that continually folded in on itself. He did not care to ponder these matters that were the concerns of gods and other celestial beings. Either way, everything would begin on this day.

He examined the shop set up before him. The one he had been waiting for all these years would finally arrive today. He knew that this boy would not have changed from what he remembered. Of course, the boy he would see today would become the Jabari, as they used to so affectionately call him, that he knew so many centuries ago. He shook his head. Once again with the mind-boggling contradictions.

He ran his finger over the smooth band of the signet ring. It's twin had been lost for the last three thousand years but even that one would soon find its way back here. Soon... He scanned the bustling crowd of the outdoor market. The boy would be among the tourists.

Sunlight danced across a head of gold. The redhead by Jabari's side laughed and he laughed along with her. This must have been the sister he spoke so much of back in those days. A slight smile found its way across his lips. There was the same exuberance and the same joy in life... It was truly infectious. It was all the same. He wouldn't have it any other way.

It is good to see you alive and well, Jabari.

His smile faltered momentarily.

Last I saw you, you were all bleeding and crying. It was a sad and difficult sight for those of us who left this world that day.

He ran the tip of his fingers over the faded hieroglyphics engravings on the band. He could still read it well.

I am the Catalyst for whom the hands of Time stop. I'm sure you'll be able to guess who is who. Hopefully I'll have the first real chapter up this weekend, if not, early next week by latest.

function review () { var storyid = 1410871; var chapter = 1; var userid = 50111; var title = 'Looking+Back+in+Retrospective'; var pre = 0; var rev = 1; window.open('http://www.fanfiction.net/review.php?storyid='+storyid+'&c hapter='+chapter+'&title='+title+'&userid='+userid+'&pre='+pre+ '&rev='+rev,'0', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=1,menubar=0,resizable=1,width= 510,height=410,left=312,top=184'); } Leave a Review | Read Reviews