Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Family ties and friendship... ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
az: Hehe.... my sennen items are almost done... Now what's left is making the other ring of the sennen ring, some ropes long enuff to tie the things... golden paint... and white hairdye!! Muahahhahahaha.... then I become Bakura's clone!!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime spare the DVDs and my DM deck that I so much treasure until the end of time. If I OWNED Yugioh... I'll be the proud owner of the Battle Ship and KaibaLand... NOT!! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Chapter 12: Family ties and friendship...

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani



[Dream world]

'My prince, don't be afraid... it's just a coronation ceremony...'

'But Shimon-chan, I don't want to go... there's so many people...'

'The Pharaoh and me will also be there, child. This is only a ceremony to introduce you to the people as the future Pharaoh! It's nothing to be afraid of!!'

'No...! I won't go!! You can't make me!! I refuse to follow your instruction!!', cried the 10-year-old Egyptian prince as Shimon Muran tried to force him to wear his formal attire. 'You have no choice!! This is an important duty for you as the crown prince! Be obedient!!', said Shimon as he tried to force the young prince to wear his ceremonial bracelet. 'It's painful!! You're hurting my hand!! Let go!!'

'This is what you get for being so difficult!'

'Let me go!! Let me go...!!!'



'Yugi... don't be like this! Don't be difficult...'

'No... Shimon-chan!!!'

[End of dream]

**

Sugoroku Mutou let out a gasp as he tried to subdue his sleeping grandchild. /Shimon? It was long since I heard this name.../, he thought as he tried to wake Yugi up. 'Angel.... Yugi!! Wake up now... you're a big kid...'

Yugi still fought him as he strangely managed to lift the child into a sitting position. Yugi continued fighting his grasp as the elderly shook him vigorously. 'Yugi... come on!! I'm not as strong as I used to be. And you have grown a lot...' The old man shook Yugi's body again as Yugi started to regain consciousness. Yugi opened his tear-filled eyes to find his grandfather holding him tight. The young lad gasped. 'Jii-chan!! What the...'

'You were having a nightmare. When I got upstairs to fetch you, you were tossing and turning like you were fighting something... And then, you fought me instead...'

Yugi chuckled as he hugged his grandfather in return to the surprise of the latter. 'No... not a nightmare. Just an utter stupidity.'

'If so, why were you crying? And let me go... your mum and her guest are waiting downstairs...', said grandpa as Yugi's hold on him tightened. 'It's nothing, but I just wanted to be close to you...jii-chan.'

Grandpa Mutou ruffled Yugi's hair affectionately. 'Something wrong, Yugi? Your friends didn't tell me about what that had happened before, when you went missing from your ward. Do you have a problem about something? Can you tell me...?', asked him as Yugi slowly shook his head. The old man sighed. 'I've taken care of you ever since you were very little. I could always tell when you had problems. So... tell me, please... my child...'

'Jii-chan... why did you have to take out the golden box containing the sennen puzzle pieces? It should have been better that you didn't. It should have been better that I never become your grandson...' Sugoroku frowned as he pulled his grandson aback. 'What... Yugi? Did anything happened between you and the pharaoh's spirit?'

Yugi shook his head again. 'Anything... as in a quarrel? How could that be? If there's no pharaoh to fight with?', said Yugi blandly as the old man looked at him in disbelief.

'Yugi? What do you mean? Does the spirit of the pharaoh gone already? And why did you said something like that? You were my most beloved grandson!!', exclaimed the old man. Yugi's voice shook as he fought the tears welling inside of him. 'He's not gone... but he's not really present. But, it was no different. I don't want to cause anyone trouble anymore. If I should be sent to the Shadow realms... I won't even mind...'

'Don't say anything stupid!! I don't know what was the reason for you to talk like this, but I want you to snap out of this. Everyone loves you, Yugi... even if any of us got into trouble because of you, we will always loved you. So as a grandfather, I want you to stop acting like this!!' Yugi's eyes widen as Sugoroku pulled him into standing position. 'Come... your mum was waiting for you...'

'Jii-chan!! I don't feel like I wanna meet anyone!!', cried Yugi in vain as Grandpa dragged him out of his room. 'You have no choice about this!! It's time now... it's time for you to meet your father!!'

'Father..?!', gasped Yugi in horror. 'I don't... I don't have a father...'

Sugoroku gazed at Yugi with sorrow. 'Yes, you do... It's a hard decision for everyone but now you have to face it...', said the old man as he dragged the frightened lad down to meet his long-separated father...

**

~Yugi~

Jii-chan pulled me out forcibly as I stumbled over the stairs on the way down. Regardless of what I had felt a long time ago during the kioku no sekai incident about wanting to know my father, I don't want to face it now. Not of the late pharaoh Akunumkahon nor my father in this lifetime!! I don't know why... but I had this strange feeling. A feeling that I can't describe!! Something... I don't know, something is bothering my heart about this. I don't know...

'Jii-chan... please slow down. You're hurting my hand!!', I cried as my grandfather stopped and looked at me with concern. Grandfather muttered some apologies as he massaged my arm. 'I'm sorry, dear... but why were you so afraid to meet your father? You've always said that you wanted to know your father before. Why afraid now?', said grandpa as I shook my head.

I don't know!! This dread... I don't know why I felt it!!

Grandpa dragged me again towards the living room. Aah, I could hear mum's voice!! And another... though I felt like I've heard this voice before...

**

Back inside Yugi's bedroom, the millennium mark on the sennen puzzle started to glow mysteriously...

**

Mutou Akira and his wife smiled as Sugoroku brought Yugi out to face them. Iria rushed towards Yugi as she hugged him affectionately. 'How are you, dear? I missed you so much... and you always looked cuter every time I see you...'

'I'm fine, mum...', said Yugi as he tried to wave away the concern towards him. As he did that, the woman noticed the cast on Yugi's right wrist. She lifted the said arm as glanced towards her only child. 'What happened...? How did you hurt your arm?', asked the woman as Yugi averted her gaze.

'It's nothing...', said Yugi as Akira walked towards him. 'Let me see his arm...', said the man as he tried to hold Yugi's arm. Yugi flinched as he pulled away from his reach. Iria looked at him in surprise. 'What... Yugi? Is something wrong?', she asked as Sugoroku whispered slowly, '..There's nothing to be afraid of. It's your father, not anyone else...'

'Don't be afraid... my son...', said Akira as he gently held Yugi's hand. Yugi's eyes widen suddenly...

**

~Yugi~

Don't come near me... don't do anything!!, I thought vainly as my dad grew near to me. That fear of something unknown to me grew stronger as he walked nearer to me. Mum and grandpa seemed to move their lips, but I can't hear what they were saying! Then I felt his hand touching mine!!

/Chichi-ue... chichi-ue! What's with this so many people down there?/

/They are our people... my young prince. Soon, they will serve under you when you take over my place.../

My eyes widened in shock. What was this voices I hear? This old feeling... what is happening?

'Yugi... can you hear me? It's your mum!! Don't scare me like this!!'

/Chichi-ue!!! Don't die!! Don't leave me!!/

/It's no use, my lord!! The pharaoh is dead... You must now take his place.../

Go away!! I don't want to hear it!! These voices and this feeling... I don't want to hear it!!

'Yugi!? Snap out of this...!!'

I.... can't!! Please... leave me alone...!!



**

Akira fought to hold Yugi upright as the lad seemed to lose control of himself. Unbeknownst to everyone; upstairs at Yugi's bedroom, a strange golden light filled the space as the sennen puzzle glowed brightly. And as suddenly as it had been, the light vanished as a cry could be heard downstairs.

'Yugi? YUGI...?! Dad... call the doctor!!', cried a stern male voice followed by the sound of people running around. Few minutes later, Akira and his wife emerged from the stairs as the former carried an unconscious lad that was his son, Yugi. The pair entered Yugi's bedroom and the man gently placed the lad on the bed. Yugi's mum caressed Yugi's face lovingly as she glanced towards her husband.

'Aki..? Do you think we were too hard on him? This must have been a shock to him to meet you like this... But I haven't expected that Yugi would respond like this...'

The man shook his head as he placed his arm around her. 'It's not your fault...', he said as he looked towards his son. /You felt me... isn't it, my son?/, thought the man suddenly as he comforted his wife. /You recognized my presence... does this mean what I thought it is?/

Akira looked around the room as he noticed Yugi's school bag on the desk. A glint of gold could be seen from the inside of the bag. The man smirked.

/Is that...?/, he thought suddenly.


**



Seto put down his fork as he ceased from eating. Mokuba glanced at him in surprise. 'Doshite.. nii-sama? Daijoubu desu ka...', asked the young boy as the elder Kaiba rose from his chair. '..Nothing. Just a feeling...', said Seto as he picked up his plates to the kitchen. Mokuba followed suit.

'Nii-sama... did you still worry for Yugi? Why don't you go to visit him?', said Mokuba as Seto gave him a look. 'You won't mind it? And why were you so eager to send me away..? Are you up to something?'

Mokuba gave his brother a very innocent look. 'Ooo... it's nothing!! But then, after that... you can also visit Jounouchi's place...', sang Mokuba as a vein popped on Seto's forehead. 'Why... why should I want to visit him? We're NOT that close... despite what happened recently..!', cried the lad as Mokuba smirked.

'His sister might come to visit...', drawled the boy as he enjoyed watching the paled look of his brother. Seto's face flushed as he let his otouto played him. 'I...I.. I...', stuttered Seto as Mokuba giggled again. 'You what?', said Mokuba as he grinned. 'You liked her, isn't it? Shizuka-san... I think her name is. I remembered last time when Yugi and the others came to see you regarding Bakura-san during the Battleship event... and that sis said something to convince you to help and you just stare at her...'

Seto's face grew beet red as he tried to strangle Mokuba at the living room. 'You... rascal!! How dare you make fun of me...', drawled Kaiba as he tried to make a mincemeat over Mokuba's head. Mokuba's cry grew louder. 'You liked her! You liked her!! My bro fell in love~~', sang Mokuba again as Seto gave up. He darted towards the door as he put on his jacket. '..You're being silly... Okay, I'm going!! And I'm gonna leave you alone here until tomorrow!! See if you can think it is funny anymore...', fumed Seto as he slammed the door shut after him.

Mokuba grinned as he watched his brother leave...



[TBC]


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

az: I changed Jou's sp again... but am too lazy rite now to fix the others. Yeah... since I lost all my data (thanks to the stoopid retailer who reformat the drive b4 copying the data before that...) I had no mood to edit the chapters.

az: How do you like this chapter? I've always wanted to play Kaiba's feelings... and I noticed. Shizuka did looked like Kisara isn't it? Hehe... I seemed to find a lot of the ppl from the AE timeline and bring them out here. Love the irony...

So what do you think about Yugi's father? There's some secrets hidden in the future but I think I did gave a foreshadow b4... Had anyone realized?