Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Old friends meeting again.... ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
az: Okay... I'm a weird girl. Why? Cos the day I wrote this chapter, I was into so much trouble I can't imagine I can do the chapter in just 6 hours.... U see, some bastardly friend of mine forgot to mention to me about an important task on hand... regarding my univ. ID card... not until too late... me getting into a wild goose chase. I thought things can't go any worse when I decided to go home anyway, leaving the troubling issues away... Man, was I wrong. I had termites in my cupboard and my most sentimental-valued shirt was destroyed on top of everything else... what can make it worse than I took a wrong bus to get out the college and I left my wallet too... I so wished no one would be as weird as me......


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime spare the DVDs and my DM deck that I so much treasure until the end of time. If I OWNED Yugioh... I'll be the proud owner of the Battle Ship and KaibaLand... NOT!! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi. And pardon me grammar... I might be using an old version of english as we know it!! And I don't want to edit this since it would mean that I have to edit the ones on FF.net too...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Chapter 11: Old friends meeting again...

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani



Ryou Bakura poked his head through the side of the door as he saw that Yugi had already cleaned up his things. 'You're ready...?', asked Ryou as the platinum-blond lad entered the room. Yugi sighed as he placed his deck neatly inside the pocket of his school bag. 'I think so...', he said as he hesitated on wearing his sennen puzzle. He smiled weakly to himself before tucking the puzzle into his already crammed bag. 'Better I not wear this in case someone else saw it...', he spoke again as Ryou raised his brows at him.

'Yugi... are you really serious about this? Keeping the secret that you can remember everything from Anzu, Jounouchi, Honda, Otogi, Mai and everyone else..?'

Yugi gave his friend a tired scowl. 'Have we agreed on this yesterday? Don't tell me you've chickened out...', said Yugi as Ryou quickly shook his head. Yugi looked down sorrowfully towards his puzzle. 'It's better this way. At least... until I've sorted out my feelings and identity... personality or whatever it is, let them be under the clouds. Then I won't cause anyone any trouble...'

Ryou frowned as he caught Yugi's sarcastic tone. 'What do you mean...? You wasn't at fault for everything that happened to us!!'

'Oh... really..?', cut Yugi as Ryou froze, for Yugi used the tone of voice that his Yami had once used. 'Then, why did my grandpa had to face Kaiba in a duel long ago? Or why did he have to be taken hostage by Pegasus? Or why Anzu and Jyounouchi-kun have to be turned into living puppets? Or Malik having the life as he had and the tragedies on his family?!'

'And the destruction of the world someday as we know it...?! Yugi, you can't blame yourself for everything that happened!! It's not your fault!!', reasoned Ryou as Yugi glared at him. 'If it's not for my soul reawakening... all of this wouldn't have happened!! If I was to remain dead and never to be reborn again, these thing would never have to happen. Or much better if the sennen items never exist!! Then, my father won't...', Yugi wiped his tears away as he brushed away the painful memory from the memory world incident, '...and Mahado, he won't have to seal his ba along with his ka and became Black Magician. Mana won't have to follow his footsteps too...'

Ryou patted Yugi's shoulder as a comforting gesture. 'Then the people of Kuru'elna village won't be sacrificed for it...wouldn't it?', said Ryou as Yugi shot a surprised look at him. 'How did... did Bakura told you about that?', asked Yugi as Ryou shook his head. 'No... it's just something that popped on my head just now. I don't know why did I said that. Why... did I said anything wrong? And anyway... those thing had already happened. Nothing we can do to turn it otherwise...'

Yugi nodded his head as he zipped up his bag and shouldered it. 'You're right, Ryou. I shouldn't act like this. Come on... Kaiba's waiting for us...', said Yugi as both exchanged smiles. He took Ryou's arm and pulled him out of the room. Both of them walked steadily towards the lift...

**

'Yugi!! Ryou!!', called a familiar voice towards them as Yugi and Ryou exited the hospital building. Both of the froze as a lively Egyptian blond jumped on them. Yugi was startled. 'Ma...Malik?!', he gasped as the said youth gave them both a hug. Ishizu and Rishido walked towards them afterwards, followed closely by Kaiba Seto. The young CEO just shrugged as Yugi and Ryou gave him a questioning look. 'Hey... they found out about what had happened that day at the museum and immediately took a flight here. But, you guys weren't expected to recover so soon either...'

Malik grabbed Yugi's shoulder as Ishizu came and greeted them. 'We were surprised when we found out from our people at the museum, who told us the story. You, Bakura, and Kaiba came out from the underground level injured like you've been in a fight, and I think that girl Anzu was present...', said Malik as Ishizu gave him a stern look. Ryou sighed as he acknowledged him. '..yeah, it was a long story but I think this is not the...'

'..It's nice that you guys were here, at least I won't have to go far to find you two...'



'Huh?!', gasped both Malik and Ryou as they glanced towards Yugi, who had spoken. 'Wha... what do you mean...?', gasped Malik as Yugi pulled off his bag and took something out before shouldering the bag again. Ryou stared dumbfounded at him as Yugi walked up towards Ishizu and he handed the object in front of her. The girl gasped as Yugi revealed the object in his hand. 'I'll return this to you... now.', said Yugi as Ishizu looked at him in surprise. 'Sen..sennen tauk? Yugi... I can't have this.. I've told you before...'

Yugi smirked at her as he placed the tauk on her hands. 'This tauk had already belong to your past self, Isis. It's reasonable enough for me to give this back to you now... since I had no more intention to keep it any longer...'

'But.. but Yugi...'

'Bakura had kept the Ring... though it originally belonged to Mahado, he can't keep it since his soul still dwells in my heart. So Bakura's the keeper of the Ring now. For the rod, I gave it to Seto... and I think you knew the reason already...', said Yugi as Ishizu nodded in comprehension. '...Shadi kept his sennen key and Karim's scale. That leaves me with the puzzle and the eye...', Yugi paused as he thought of the treacherous Akunadin and how his role had started the long chains of tragedy. He thought also of Pegasus and how the eye probably changed him... to have the evil personality as the hateful priest. 'The eye. If only I could destroy it... then nobody could ever again try to open the door to the Shadow Realms by collecting all the items...'

Yugi sighed again. 'Anyway... all that has no meaning any more. Right now, I just wanted to leave everything behind me. To forget about everything... of Akunadin, Zork and every other else. It's better this way...'

Malik's eyes widen as he heard this revelation. '..Yugi. You've changed somewhat...'

Yugi smirked. 'I'm no more the little Yugi that you've met before. Nor I was the spirit pharaoh that you've placed hatred too. Who I am right now... was perhaps the young pharaoh who had sacrificed his own life and soul to seal his most dangerous enemy and to protect his people. Or whatever I am right now... The main thing is, I'm not the same pharaoh that you first tried to kill...'

Both Ishizu and Malik were at lost for words as Kaiba, Bakura and Rishido kept silent. Yugi suddenly pulled off the serious tone and smiled at everyone. 'Come on!! You guys didn't come here just to have a talk with me at the pavements, isn't it? Let's get to the car and go home. Then perhaps we can chat more about what happened these few days...'

Seto grinned as he patted Yugi's back roughly. Yugi stumbled as the extra force made him lose his balance. 'You made me worry, Yugi-kun. Don't ever do that again...!', said Seto as all of them headed towards the KaibaCorp limo. Yugi grinned back at him. 'Since when we've become so close? I could still remember the times when you always tried finding ways to overcome me... I'd never imagine that you'd worry about me...'

'Don't tease me... this was not the first time. I did sincerely worry about you when you almost give up trying to fight Osiris that time at the Battle City...', said Seto as he absentmindedly scratched his head. A tinge of red was slightly visible on his cheek, a fact that was noticed by Ryou and Malik. Both snickered at the realization.

'Oh... really?', taunted Yugi as all of them eventually entered the car. '..This was news to me...'

'Hoho... yeah, very funny of you....'

**

'So this is it... see you guys next time!!', said Yugi as he got out of the car. He started to walk towards his house as Kaiba and Ishizu got out also. 'Yugi...', said Kaiba as Ishizu cut him off. Yugi stopped in his tracks. 'What..?', drawled Yugi as Ishizu stepped nearer. 'I understood now on why you've taken this decision on yourself. Finding out about the real identity of yourself and the pharaoh's must have really shattered your faith. But you must not lose the fight inside yourself!!'

Yugi turned around to face her as he gave her a questioning look. 'Then what do you think I should do...?' The Egyptian girl smiled. 'Find out more about your true self and destiny, your real reason to exist in this world! And I wanted to tell you something... A few days ago, an archeologist had come to me to ask about the two stone tablets. He was mildly interested to make a research on it...'

Yugi sighed as he resumed walking home. 'I don't care... Let that guy make research on it for all I care!! I don't want anything to do with it anymore...'

'But do you know something else, Yugi? That person had other things of interest too. Not so long ago, that man had encountered another tomb at the Valley of the Kings. The tomb had belonged to... as it was found out, to the Pharaoh Akunumkanon and he related this findings with the tablets!!!'

Yugi froze in his steps as he felt a sharp pain in his heart at the mentioning of the name. '...chichi-ue?', whispered Yugi spontaneously before he recollected himself. '..I...I, I don't know what you were talking about!! Goodbye!', cried Yugi as he ran towards his house, leaving the others behind. Ishizu sighed as she went back inside the car. Seto remained outside awhile before he too entered the car.

'He'll be fine after some thinking over... So now, let's send you guys home. It's my treat...', said Kaiba as he ordered his driver to continue driving...

**

Yugi quickly shut the door behind him as he entered the living room. He sighed heavily. 'Pharaoh Akunumkanon...', he sighed as he placed a hand over his chest. /Even though he was my father in my past life, I still felt the attachment towards him as if he is still my father now. Like that time when my half entered the memory world... Oh, Ra... what was I supposed to do now..?/

'Oh... Yugi? You're home already? Why didn't you called me? I could have gone to fetch you if I knew that you're getting out of hospital today!!', chirped Yugi's grandpa as he was getting ready towards the kitchen. Yugi suddenly changed his somber mood to a cheerful one as he followed his grandfather to the kitchen. 'You don't have to worry, jii-chan. Kaiba-kun was kind enough to give me a lift and I don't want to trouble you so early...', chirped Yugi intentionally as the older Mutou poured some tea over two cups.

'That boy had certainly changed, isn't it? Not like the arrogant kid that tore up my Blue Eyes White Dragon card...', mused the older Mutou as Yugi sighed too. 'Haii... he had changed a lot more like his old self. Back before the time Gonzaburo Kaiba adopted the brothers...'

Sugoroku gazed at his grandson in anticipation as he noticed Yugi had started to act a lot more matured. 'Oh... just this morning I got a call from your mum...' Yugi's eyes lighted up at the mention of his mum. 'What did she said? Is she coming home...?', asked the lad as the elderly nodded. 'She'll be arriving home this evening with an old friend... she was worried when I told her about what had happened to you... But now I think she'll be glad to know that you were fine. Plus, she now will get to show her handsome son to her old friend...'

Yugi flushed red at the compliment. True, since these two years... Yugi had grown taller and had already started to have the same features as his other half; except the eye. Now that his soul had become one, it didn't make any difference anymore. His eye color changed from violet to red according to his mood. And right now, his eyes were a mix of both colors and were very wide. 'Jii-chan...! I'm not that handsome!!', cried Yugi in retaliation. (And my..... readers, would you like to object on this?)

The older man chuckled at this outburst. 'And I hoped you liked that man..., Yugi...'

'Huh..?!', gasped Yugi in surprise at his grandfather...



[TBC]


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

az: I've got myself a Yugi OST CD II! Not to mention DVD part 1 to 4... Season 5 would still be long awaiting, but I'm prepared. Am now on the process of creating my very own sennen ring and puzzle and rod. But no-no... NO sennen eye!! Maybe when done, I'll do a Bakura cosplay!! And I think I'm posting this up until the most recent... Happy reading...