Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Questions and puzzles ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hai.... where did the reviewers go... Okay, I got my Duel Monsters deck, Seto's set. Now to make it stronger... During that time, please review.... onegai!!! And hope that I could finally get the last part of DM DVDs... part 4!! I wanna see Yugi defeat Marik!!! No offence...


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime spare the DVD that I so much treasure until the end of time. Heavens will fall while Osiris and Ra became my pets if I ever owned Yugioh. Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.


Chapter 9: Questions and puzzles

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani

'Oh, I have spoken too much... I think me and my apprentice should leave now...', sighed Mahado as he gently placed Yugi's head on the pillow. He rose and grabbed Mana's arm to leave the room before Seto stepped aside to stop them.

Mahado paused and frowned at him. 'What do you want... priest?', he growled as Seto flinched at the very mention of the word 'priest'. But he fought to remain calm as he asked, 'What was the real reason for you to come here, dead guy? Jounouchi and Anzu gasped as they heard Seto. Mahado smiled. 'You've realized? Yes... I was dead. Killed by the thief who stole my sennen item...', he said as he glared at Bakura for the moment. Anzu glanced at the albino, thinking about his sennen ring. 'But placing revenge aside, I had a more important duty. Ever since I came into service, I have vowed to protect the pharaoh's son until he rose to claim the throne. And since then until now... I will always protect him!!'

Jounouchi begged to differ. 'But Yugi won't want you to do that!! He would want for you to keep on living another life!! I believed Yugi wanted you to release your soul from himself...', said the lad but amazingly, the ancient priest smirked at him. He nodded. 'Yeah... I believed that he would be thinking like that...', said Mahado dejectedly. 'His words just now, told me enough. And I've seen enough of his anguished face every time he uses my card. Every time when he was almost been defeated by the opponent, I would have always stopped it by sacrificing myself instead of him on receiving the attack. He had not liked that...'

Seto smirked. 'You knew that... and still you foolishly protected him to no end!! I never seen such stupider act...', he said before glancing at Jounouchi. '..or, maybe not...', said Seto with a grin. A vein twitched on Jounouchi's head as he threw a cushion at Kaiba but missed. Mahado walked towards the side cabinet where Yugi's duel monsters deck and sennen puzzle laid, followed by Mana. He searched the deck as he found his own card along with Black magician girl card.

'It's stupid... But Yugi had been a target of bullies ever since he was small. Right then, even when his grandfather had found the puzzle; I can't come out to protect him since he hadn't completed the puzzle yet as my memories and his other soul still lies inside the sennen item. So, I want to redeem myself for that until he wouldn't be needing our protection anymore...', said Mahado as he and Mana glowed and their spirits reentered the cards. The two cards fall neatly on top of Yugi's deck as the occupants in the room kept silent.

Seto harrumphed. 'Silly... but not like I didn't expect it.', he said as he replaced the deck into Yugi's card holder. 'Loyalty of the Pharaoh's servant... Yugi, you really had that power to make people respects you so much...', said Seto again as he nudged Yugi's forehead several times with his forefinger. Jounouchi was vexed. 'Stop that!! You'll wake Yugi up!!'

'Like I cared!!', exclaimed Seto, mischievously.

'Seto no baka...', moaned Yugi in his sleep as Kaiba's face flushed red. Jounouchi, Bakura and Anzu snickered as they amused themselves at Kaiba's antiques...

**

'Okay, Yugi!!! Let's duel... You might not remembered it, but you were a very good duelist!!', cried Jounouchi as Anzu sat beside Yugi on the bed. Yugi shook his head in refusal. 'No... I don't want to..', whispered Yugi, much to everyone's surprise. 'What is this, Yugi? Before, you would never turn down a dueling challenge!!!', cried Kaiba.

Yugi stared at Kaiba meaningfully, causing the taller guy to wince involuntarily. 'I can't. The cards... it's like, they're calling me!! Asking me to remember... and I don't want to...' I'm not ready for this...

Kaiba grabbed Yugi's shoulder as he realized something. Yugi had started to fight the memory charm I placed on him!! But this... could it be that he was still scared of himself? You were braver than this... Yugi!!

Jounouchi hissed angrily as he took Yugi's deck into his hand. 'It's not fun!! If you don't want to help yourself... let me just throw this deck into the trashcan...', he said as Kaiba and Bakura exclaimed. 'Stop!!! The God cards are there too...! Are you stupid?!', both of them shouted. Jounouchi smirked. 'Like anyone could use it... since it's owner was making an excuse to avoid it...', he said as he made a move to leave.

'Stop it!!', cried Yugi as he rose from the bed. He gasped as he clutched his heart painfully. 'Why did you want to force me?! You have no right to do that...!! Even if I don't want to duel with you... you can't just take away my cards and threw it away!!', cried Yugi as he fled from the room, albeit to everyone's surprise. Jounouchi put back the cards on the cabinet as he smiled. 'The trick sure worked...', he said before getting a punch from Kaiba. Jounouchi blinked at him as he rubbed the sore on his cheek.

'Yugi was still hurt!! And you chiding him on won't make his condition any better!! I can't believe anyone would act so stupid.. but then you ARE stupid.....', said Kaiba as he and Bakura walked out to find Yugi...

Jounouchi frowned at Anzu as he rubbed his sore cheek. 'I can't believe this... Kaiba was actually taking over my role around Yugi...', he said as Anzu gave him a scary look. 'And I don't blame him!! You're acting like a jerk...', she said as she too got out of the room. Jyou sighed as he was the last to get out and locked the door...

**

Kaiba dashed towards the roof as his instincts led him there. He looked around for any sign of Yugi.

'Yugi...! Are you here? Come on... let's talk. I know you were still confused about yourself... but you don't have to face it by yourself!! We're your friends... we'll help you...'

'Go away... Kaiba-kun...', came the muffled voice answering him from behind a large water tank. Kaiba smiled as he approached Yugi's hiding place and sat beside him. He smirked again. 'Aren't you too old for playing hide-and-seek at this time?', said Kaiba as Yugi clonked his head with a rubber bat he found on the ground. 'Your spell was not strong enough....', drawled Yugi as Kaiba continued snickering beside him.

'Ehehehe...uh? Yugi? You broke the spell already?', said Kaiba as Yugi shook his head. 'Not really... but there still some loopholes where I could remember asking you to do it... and events before that...', he said as he buried his face on his knees. 'And I'd remembered some of the duels I had... and I still could feel the hearts of my cards. The cards... they were very sad...'

'But Yugi... you shouldn't run from it!!'

'Kaiba.., the fear of losing the sense of being me... still existed. Every time I touched the cards... the fear came.'

'My life had been strongly influenced by the game... in a way that all my memories were centered around them! I just... afraid of facing the knowledge that my true self were neither of my normal self nor my dark self. This feeling... it's because I've always hide my true self from others. Even without realizing that I did...'

'Then... you have to face it like the true duelist you are!! You don't have to force yourself to do it... just take it as it is...', said Kaiba as Yugi reluctantly nodded his head. 'I'll try... and Kaiba?'

'Hmm..?'

'I hoped that you and Bakura will keep this a secret...'kay?', said Yugi as Kaiba raised his brows at him. 'Why told that brat about this anyway? I could keep this by myself anyway...' Yugi smirked at his former cousin. 'Because he's here... come out Bakura!! Or Kaiba-kun would think you're too old to hide behind a pillar...', said Yugi as Bakura emerged from the exact place mentioned. 'Your senses are still good...', cooed Bakura as the trio sat together. 'And I'll keep this a secret too... not like it mattered anyway. And I forgot to tell you!! The doctor told me this morning that you and I could check out this place by tomorrow. Said something about our internal injuries had healed somewhat...'

Yugi smirked. 'Not all of our injuries...', he said as he tried to move his right hand around. 'Makes you feel glad that I still remembered your stupid face, isn't it?', said Yugi as Bakura grinned at him. 'Yeah... feel any better? Your two friends were still frantic to find you...'

Yugi nodded as Kaiba ushered them off downstairs...

**

Jounouchi, Anzu and Mokuba turned around to find the three sennen item holders walking jovially towards them. And all three of them were smiling as they came by their side. But the smiling faces faded as all three looked up towards the awaiting trio. Kaiba was slightly surprised to find Mokuba present. He gasped. 'Mokuba.., when did you came by? I hadn't noticed you before...'

The younger of the Kaiba brothers grinned cheekily. 'Just finished school and I'd wanted to visit you guys. I was surprised to find a lot of things had happen since I left...', said Mokuba as he walked up towards Yugi. The young boy held up a basket of fruits to him. 'Your grandpa had asked me to give this to you... He said sorry as he can't come to visit since he had a lot to do at the time...', said Mokuba again. Yugi took the basket as he smiled weakly at him. 'Thanks... Mokuba-kun...', said Yugi.

Mokuba smiled at him and frowned as he noted the sad tone Yugi was using. 'What the...', he gasped as he turned his glance towards his brother. 'Did onii-chan bullied you while I'm gone, Yugi?', chirped the youth as Kaiba gave him a weird smile. 'Oh? Then before thinking about what I did with Yugi, you'd better worry about yourself!!', drawled the elder over Mokuba as he ruffled his otouto's hair. 'Come on... Yugi was already tired. Let get him back to his room...', he said again as all of them returned to Yugi's ward.

But suddenly Jounouchi made gestures to leave as everyone stopped in front of Yugi's room. Yugi glanced at him, doubtfully. 'Err...', said Yugi as Jounouchi grabbed his shoulders. 'Yugi... I... I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings earlier... I didn't really mean it when I said I'd throw your cards away. I knew what the cards had meant to you...', said Jou as Yugi shook his head. 'No, Jounouchi... you don't have to...', stuttered Yugi as Jou pulled him into a brief hug. Yugi unwillingly broke into tears as Jou let him go. The blond grinned. 'Oi, Yugi... The last time I saw you crying was during our duel at the Duelist Kingdom's finals and during the time when we're stuck in the virtual reality game...', he said as Yugi gave him a strange look. Apparently, he hadn't remembered those times.... or Yugi had done his best to look like he was. So... what do you think, readers? You guys decide...

Back to the story, Jounouchi gave a slight shrug as he noticed Yugi's confusion. 'Never mind about that. You'll remember them someday...', he said as he shrugged again. 'It's late... I think I'd better be getting home. I've been meaning to pay Shizuka, err... my sister, a visit. See ya!!', he said as he waved at Yugi and the others. Yugi stuttered as he waved Jou go. Well, he hadn't really forget about Shizuka since after the earlier outburst, he at least now can remember names and some events. But, no way would he tell him, right? He still feels he's not ready for this...

Anzu seemed to have the same thoughts as Jou when she too said her goodbye. 'See ya, Yugi. Take care...', she said as she gave a peck on Yugi's cheek. Yugi blushed at the sudden action as he waved goodbye to both of his dear friends. Seto, Mokuba and Bakura entered the room as Yugi slowly walked in and sat on his bed. Seto gave Yugi a probing look as he noticed that the lad was a little distraught. 'Yugi..?', he said as Yugi glanced at him. 'Something bothering you..?'

Yugi shrugged. 'I... I don't know. Just feeling a bit uneasy...', he said. Yeah... a little bit. As if it was. Part of the old me; which was the normal Yugi... knew that Anzu had liked my Yami, even if, at that time my other self hadn't realized it. Now that I'm him and he's me... I wondered what Anzu would see me as, now?, thought Yugi solemnly as he watched Seto and Ryou bullied Mokuba playfully. He smiled, watching them so happy. Mokuba laughed heartily as he dodged his brother's tackle, while he jumped on Yugi's lap.

Mokuba grinned at him. 'Thanks, Yugi...', chirped the boy as Yugi gave him a puzzled glance. 'Why...?', said Yugi as Mokuba said, 'I thought I would never seen the day that onii-chan would smile again...' Yugi glanced towards Seto as he realized that elder brother had indeed smiled at them. Yugi snorted. 'I guess, I had something to do with that...', he said as he and Mokuba joined the two for a fair 'fight'. I guess... I'll think about that later..., thought Yugi as he and Mokuba mischievously popped a plum into Seto's mouth when the latter tried to announce his defeat over the two...

[TBC]


az:.... Bought a Kaiba deck, so now I got Blue Eyes!!! Yea!!! I was ecstatic... Ch... Bought part 4. But pish... there's another part!!! Screw the distributor.... Now I had to buy anther two sets of YGO DVD.. part 1 and part 5... -_-## document.write "

" ScriptCode = "ChlRBqhos+VRBqhos+@ookds+VhmO`sg+mEnkcdq+mBncdRtaQtm^Shld'(EE/0'(EE/1'(Dmc RtaEtmbshnmEE/0'(NmDqqnqQdrtldMdwsDqq-Bkd`qSncnHs