Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Trust me... minna!! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Yami/Yugi: You made Kaiba act so nice with me.... Thank you!!!

az: Ek? Why? Do you have anything on him...?

Yugi: No... just, I have always wanted to be his friend...

az: Yeah... you're the only one who dared call him Kaiba-kun...

Yugi: *blushed* So what? I called Jyounouchi-kun's the same too...

az: But Kaiba even let you call him like that... must have been something...

Seto: Shish!! Nonsense... don't you go bullying my cousin!!!

az: Aah.... since when were you related to him? ^=^

Seto: Since I adopted him as my cousin yesterday!!!

az, Yami/Yugi: Hah?! @_@*fainted*

A/N: How many times now had Yugi fainted? Hmm... well it's the last time you'd see him fainting again for several chappies ahead...
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime spare the DVD that I so much treasure until the end of time. Heavens will fall while Osiris and Ra became my pets if I ever owned Yugioh. Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------

Chapter 8: Trust me... minna!!
Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani


'...So, Kaiba-kun... can you seal my memories for me with your sennen rod?!'

Kaiba glared at him, stunned as Yugi firmly kept his grounds. Jyounouchi immediately stormed out towards him. 'Are you crazy?!', he shouted as Yugi didn't respond. '..How could you asked him... or anyone else to do what you requested? It's out of the question!!', scold Jou as Yugi fought his grip to get free. It worked but the effort drained his energy as Yugi fell backwards into some old wooden chairs. Yugi flinched as he clutched his broken wrist in pain. The others immediately rushed to his aid.

'Ittai...', Yugi gasped as Jyounouchi helped him up. But Yugi seemed to not be able to stand anymore as Jou kept supporting him up. 'I just cannot do nothing!! I can't think straight with all these thoughts rushing at me...', gasped Yugi as he clutched his chest in pain. The sennen eye mark suddenly appeared on his forehead as he looked up towards them. 'Please... Seto...', Yugi begged. 'I'd do it myself if I can. But I'd probably end up erasing my memories completely, and I couldn't bear it if I did..'

'Yugi...! There must be another way to help you...', cried Anzu as Yugi shook his head hard. 'I could use my powers to block the memories for a while... but in my weak state right now, I could not control my powers too long... I could die if I tried..', said Yugi as Anzu hugged him tight. 'But I don't want to lose you...', she whispered to his ear as Yugi nodded. 'Me too...', he whispered back as he took a long breath of air. He slowly gathered his strength as he walked towards Kaiba.

'Kaiba-kun... don't worry. I won't really forget you guys... just my memories sealed for a while. During that time, I would still be your friend. The seal can always be broken. And maybe it could last until my powers are strong again. Then I'll worry about this myself... okay? Trust me...', said Yugi again in a pained effort as he glanced around him. 'I promised that I won't forget you guys completely... Jyounouchi, Kaiba-kun, Anzu... Bakura and Mokuba... I promise...'

Kaiba nodded as he hesitated to pull out his sennen rod. At that instance, Bakura stopped him. The albino stared at Yugi stiffly. '..You promised not to forget... Even me? Or Malik and Isis... and Rishid?', said Bakura hoarse as his voice started to break. 'Yeah, even them..', said Yugi weakly as Bakura let go of Kaiba's hand. Kaiba raised his rod towards Yugi. 'You promised... I'll kill you if you break it!!', Bakura cried as the rod flashed its beam on Yugi's forehead. The sennen mark immediately broke away as Yugi flashed his last smile at them. His body immediately went limp as Kaiba deftly caught him from falling...

**
'Come on... Otogi, you told me yesterday that you were confident that you'd beat me in basketball. So let's play...!', cried Honda as he loosened his buttons. Otogi glared at him in disbelieve. 'What...?! Challenge you right now? No-uh... I don't want to be late for class. You go ahead and play yourself!!', snapped Otogi as he strode towards the main school building. Honda just gaped at him before joining him. 'Aaah... then this afternoon after class.. Deal?', said Honda as both enter the class.

Otogi grinned. 'Deal!!', he said as Jyounouchi emerged in front of them. Honda's face lighted up as he jumps up to his best friend. 'Jyounouchi!! Funny to see you coming to school so early!!', he chirped as Jou pushed him tiredly. 'Honda... it's annoying me out!', whined Jyounouchi as he placed his head on the table. Honda and Otogi stared at him questioningly. 'What did you do yesterday to get so tired like this? Watching some tapes until late night again?', mused Honda as Jyounouchi shot a death glare at him. 'I did not!! I was up late to take care of... umm, my neighbor's nephew.. Yeah, that's it...', said Jou as he almost slipped up about Yugi.

Both Otogi and Honda rolled their eyes at him as not believing any of his words. Kaiba entered the classroom later as Otogi darted at him instead while Honda stayed with Jou to tease him some more. Miho smiled as she walked up to them before addressing Anzu who was sitting nearby.

'Anzu.. why didn't you came to school yesterday? I called your home yesterday and your mom told me that you had been out since the day before...', asked Miho as Anzu replied automatically, 'I had been helping out on Yugi's house that day! Grandpa was a little ill so I stayed there to take care of him with Yugi since his mother was on overseas...' Miho's eyes widened in surprise as she heard Anzu's explanation. 'Oh... is it bad?'

Anzu shook his head. 'He's getting better but Yugi's still watching over him...', she said as Jyounouchi smiled at him. But then, he remembered something as he walked up to Kaiba.

'Yo, Kaiba...!! How's your cousin?', chirped Jou as the said person looked up towards him. 'Is he getting better?'

Kaiba nodded as Honda and Otogi gave each other a puzzled glance. 'He's fine. Woke up this morning and feeling a little better. His wrist was healing too..', said Kaiba as Jou smiled. 'So Kaiba, what happened to your cousin anyway?', asked Otogi along with Honda as Jyounouchi silently slipped away from them. He shrugged knowingly at Anzu as Miho moaned over not seeing Ryou for another day again. Kaiba grinned at her as he deftly answered Honda and Otogi's questions regarding his sick cousin. Well... Yugi was his cousin, technically anyway. At least, this was how the three of them would refer Yugi as until he was better and could get out of hospital. After that, was another problem.

'And anyway, Miho... Bakura called me before this...', said Kaiba as Miho suddenly perked up; though the mentioning of Bakura's name still scared her. Not that she would ever forget her experience of ever becoming a wooden doll in a Monster world game. '..He said that he wouldn't be coming to school this week since he had a flu...'

'Oh? Then, I'll go visiting him after school!!', chirped Miho to Kaiba's horror. Oh man... then the cover would be blown!! Bakura was still in hospital!!, thought Kaiba in panic as he paled at the thought. Oh well, I don't care anymore!! Let her go there!! Bakura will still not be there... 

Kaiba slammed his head on his desk, dumbfounded as Jyounouchi came to his rescue. Honda and Otogi quickly jumped away at the weirdness of the scene in front of them. 'Hey... Honda!! When did Jyounouchi and Kaiba gets so close?', asked Otogi in horror. Honda felt the same way. 'Let's get far from Jouno for a while, 'kay?' Otogi nodded vigorously.

Meanwhile, between Jyounouchi and Kaiba...

'Hoi... calm down!!', Jou whispered. 'You told me to not freak out but you're doing exactly the thing...!'

'How should I react? Yugi had asked me to do something drastic and I'm still recovering from the shock. And I got to cover for Bakura to make it worse?!', breathe Kaiba as Jou patted his shoulder. 'So, how's the albino?'

'Okay I guess... he's took over my duty to watch Yugi for us. I think it's good now... Yugi's fever had somehow subside. Probably because both of his memories had been sealed and he could finally rest without any disturbing memories...', said Kaiba softly, as he continued. 'You and Anzu would be coming to visit him this afternoon, wouldn't you? Yugi might not remember you now, but he still would be glad to meet you two...'

'Sure... why not?

**
'Yugi...! Look here... there's some people I want you to meet!!', chirped Kaiba as he opened the door to meet him. Yugi turned to face him and smile as he invited him to enter the room. He shrugged. 'Bakura-san had been out for an hour now. I thought I'd have no other people to visit me again...', said Yugi as Seto fumed. 'Grrrr... how dare he left Yugi alone here!!'

'Seto... you don't need to be angry. I'm not totally been left alone these past hour...', said Yugi as Kaiba looked at him, puzzled. 'What...?!', he gasped. 'Mahado and Mana kept me company...', said Yugi as the KaibaCorp CEO frowned at him. 'How..? And anyway, I said I got some people to introduce to you... here, Anzu and Jyounouchi... come in!!', said Kaiba as both of the said teens entered the room. Yugi stared at them without any sign of recognition in his eyes. Anzu walked up to him. 'Hi! You looked well today...', said Anzu in a friendly tone. 

Yugi looked at her blankly. 'Why did you talked to me like that? Do I know you..?', said Yugi in a strange tone as Anzu gasped. Yugi's eyes widen as she saw Anzu looking so distraught. 'Ah, gomen... did I made you feel uncomfortable? Here, let's be friends!! My name is Yugi Mutou...', said Yugi as he held out his hand at her. Anzu nodded as she shook his hand, though she felt a sharp pain in her heart when Yugi didn't recognized her. Jyounouchi was distraught too and had tired to speak before another voice stopped him in his tracks...

'Yugi!! I thought I've told you to rest already!!', boomed the voice as Kaiba, Anzu and Jyounouchi turned around to look. The young man who had spoken walked into the room and sat beside Yugi without being invited. Surprisingly, Yugi wasn't bothered about it as he instead, smiled at the newcomer. Kaiba glared at the man as he felt a twinge of familiarity towards the man. Purple hair, piercing eye... he looked strangely similar to... Dark Magician!!?

Yugi grinned at the man as he didn't notice the shocked look upon his visitors. 'Mahado... don't be so harsh! I've got some visitors... and I was trying to complete my sennen puzzle again. It's a bother when I can't complete it.. and where's Mana?', said Yugi as he pouted at Mahado. Mahado fumed as he started wrestling playfully with Yugi.

The others watched their antiques in awe. 'Yugi's completing his puzzle? Nah, Kaiba... what did he meant?', asked Jyounouchi. Kaiba nodded his head at him. 'Last night when I carried him back to his room, the puzzle had already broke apart. I don't know why, but the puzzle probably reacted along with Yugi. So it seemed that as Yugi linked up all the pieces of the puzzle, he would also pieced up his heart and soul with it...' The other two sighed in realization as Kaiba frowned. Mahado... how could he emerged in this form? Is it because Yugi was in this state?

    'You baka!! I was worried about you and what did you do? You're so stubborn, I wondered why hadn't any people scold you for that...', said Mahado as he tried to box Yugi's ears. 'Aaah, you're just like Shimon!! Kechi!!', whined Yugi to the surprise of Mahado. 'Aah? You remembered about Shimon?', he gasped but Yugi seemed to have forgotten that he had even mentioned the name of his old guardian. But suddenly, Yugi's expression changed as he hold Mahado's hand firmly. Mahado glanced at him in surprise.

'Mahado... I can't thank you enough. You had always protected me for a long time, I don't know how I could repay your kindness. To me, you were like an older brother to me...', said Yugi as he leant on Mahado's side. Anzu, Kaiba and Jyounouchi stared at Yugi in disbelief. 'How could he remembered that Mahado had always protected him...?', hissed Kaiba as Mahado caressed Yugi's face affectionately. Yugi had already started falling asleep at the comfort of Mahado's presence. The former man smiled. 

'Let me answer that question for you...' 

Kaiba jumped back startled as Mahado looked up towards him. 'The pharaoh's memories may have been sealed but the pieces lay scattered in his mind. But he would have a hard time to figure them out. But then, I realized that when I revealed myself in front of him in his dreams last night... the pharaoh seemed to be able to recognize me. So, I took this form so that he could piece back his memories of the past... and his present self.'

'Oh, really...?', said Kaiba as Anzu cut him. 'But then, why can't he at least recognize us? His present friends?'

Mahado looked away. 'The present Yugi... as he would have liked to tell you, which was the other self of the pharaoh... reborn after 3000 years; had still the old memories of his past which had been buried deep inside his heart. That and the memories his other soul regained when he entered the memory world, was much stronger than that of his newer memories. That's why he could recollect parts of his past memories easier than the latter...'

'Ooh...', gasped Anzu involuntarily. The ex-priest added, 'But it doesn't matter... since most of you had been present when Yugi was the pharaoh, no... when he was a still a young prince during the ancient times...'

'What..?', gasped Jyounouchi as Kaiba reacted the same. 'All of you wouldn't have remembered...', said Mahado suddenly. 'The young prince had always a kind heart and a passion for games. He had always cause his guardian to go berserk every time he sneaked out to play. And I bet, he met you kids during those times when he ran out to play...'

Jyounouchi stared at the sleeping Yugi with interest. Yugi had now kept the look of the other self of him for good. Hearing this former man telling us the childhood memories of the pharaoh, convinced me that the two Yugis were really the same person. Yugi had always loved to play games... and he had a gentle heart...

    Suddenly the door was opened in a rush as two people entered the room. Bakura fumed at Mahado as he dragged a lively girl at his back. 'Mahado!! What did you told your student, hah? She couldn't stayed away from me!!', exclaimed Bakura as Mana pinched his cheeks playfully. (Bakura: Cut it off!! It's embarrassing!!)

Mahado smirked. 'Hehe... it's payback for taking my sennen ring...', hissed him as Bakura glared at him. 'What did you just said..?', shot Bakura back as Mahado kept smirking...
    


[TBC]
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------

az: The songs really kept me going... ^_^. Especially loved Wild Drive and Ashita. Liked Shuffle too but kept having illusions of Yami coming out from the ancient tablet in style!!! Aaah... so charismatic... hahaha!!! ~^_^~

A/N: I seemed to get attached to Mahado and Mana... can't help!! Bought the DVD part 2, have a lot of Mahado scenes!! He really cared about Yugi... either it's Hikari or Yami. It strengthen my views that the two were the same... aah, he'd ALWAYS protected Yugi in EVERY duel he played... ^_^. Got to love him... very loyal!!