Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Confusions arising... ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
az: Reminder.... but this time, Yugi didn't look like the short kid that we all knew and loved. He's now really took the look of Yami or his former self... spare the dark skin, okay? Now, back to the story!!

Yami: Az... you said something about me having a cousin. Where is he? Where.. where?

az: *slapped Yami hard* You already know that... baka!!!

Yami: Oh? Gomen.... *blushed*

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime spare the DVD that I so much treasure until the end of time. Read and review and I wanna declare again that I DON'T OWN YUGIOH.  Characters and original excerpt from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------
Chapter 7: Confusions arising...
Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani



Bakura chuckled mockingly at himself as he and Kaiba sat on the bench outside. He sighed later. 'Hey, what did you found out? Stop ignoring me!!', said Kaiba as Bakura grinned at him for becoming so agitated. 'Nah, Yugi... he's pretty messed up now...', said Bakura as he started to get serious again. Kaiba frowned.

'What do you mean?', he asked.

'Yugi was very confused about himself now. I don't know. Zork's attack was probably what that had triggered it. . Both Yugi and the pharaoh's will was very strong, each of them tried to protect each other as the attack would certainly destroyed either of their souls. But the puzzle prevented that... It had merge both souls into one and now Yugi's confused about who he really was...'

Kaiba was stunned. 'How... how did you know this?', he gasped as Bakura replied. 'When I entered the puzzle, I got lost. Couldn't find him but when I almost give up, the Dark Magician came to me instead...'

'Mahado..?', said Kaiba as Bakura nodded. 'Yeah.. yeah... whatever you called him. He told me that was what happened and it's good actually since Yugi and the pharaoh were really one of the same! He said that when the pharaoh sealed Zork within the puzzle, he sealed only part of his soul since he can't seal his soul completely or the ritual will not be completed by him. And after that you think yourself! I don't want to go into the confusing things...', said Bakura as he folded his arms at him.

'And what happened to Yugi..?'

Bakura sighed as he continued. 'The apprentice of that mage, Black Magician girl was watching over him. Yeah..$^%$$.! I know what you wanna say!! Her name was Mana, right?! Pish... Anyway, found him with her. But he refused to come out... I told him to face the reality and he'd say that he'd try to. Well.. he did agreed after I coaxed him for the hundredth time. I think you have to talk him through, he listens to you...', said Bakura again.

'Maybe I would...', said Kaiba as the door suddenly opened. Yugi's grandfather, Anzu and Jyounouchi came out as they prepared to leave home. Jyounouchi shrugged as he stood in front of Kaiba. 'I give my words to you... as long as you don't call me a dueling monkey again.', said Jyounouchi as he grinned at him. 'And anyway... Yugi's condition won't let him to have a lot of visitors. He needs a lot of rest to recover. Thanks for all you've done for him...'

Kaiba nodded as he muttered a low reply of 'You're welcome, Jyounouchi' at him. Mutou Sugoroku patted him on the shoulder. 'Take care of my grandson while I'm gone, okay..', said the elderly as Kaiba looked up to reply. But he hadn't expected to see a shadow of Shimon Muran, flashing in front of him for the moment.

Mutou Sugoroku frowned as he noticed Kaiba not replying, face paled for some reason. 'Kaiba-kun, are you alright? Maybe you need to rest...', the old man said as Kaiba blinked at him. 'Oh... gomen!! I've been seeing things...', he said apologetically as he wiped out his face. 'Don't worry, gramps... I'll watch over him. If anything happens, I'll call immediately..'

Sugoroku's stare softened a little as he tapped Seto's shoulder lightly. 'Don't pressure yourself too much. Yugi can take care of himself...', he said as he and the other two teens left for home.

'Aah... and I think I'll go home too...', said Bakura as he rose from the bench. Jyounouchi stopped in his tracks as he glanced towards Bakura. 'You really think you could? I thought that blast had you hurt badly...', retorted Kaiba as Jyounouchi slapped his back lightly. Bakura coughed badly. 'Hmm... I don't think you should leave yet... stay here, Bakura!', said Jyounouchi as he ran off to catch Anzu and Yugi's grandfather. Bakura's face flushed. 'Hey!! This injury was not a big thing to me!! During my own time, I've got injuries much worse than this and I still lived...!!!', shouted him as Jyounouchi gave him a parting wave.

Bakura sighed angrily as he sat back on the bench. A resounded chuckle from his side made him turn. 'Hey, what are you laughing about?', retorted Bakura as Kaiba tried to control his laughter. He rose as he started towards the door. 'Khihih... wait until Yugi woke up! Gotta tell him about this...', muttered Kaiba as he went in. Bakura fumed as he chased after Kaiba to regain his dignity...

**

[Dreamscape]

Kaiba ran around in circles as he tried to figure out where he was right now. A stone archway laid in front of him as he kept walking. 'I knew this place...', he mused aloud as he walked blindly ahead, though it seemed that he was being pulled towards a certain direction by some unknown reasons. And then he stopped, as he arrived to a door. Kaiba opened the door to find that he was in a sleeping chamber fit for kings. As he marveled at the intricate carvings on the wall and the unique golden statues that decorated the chamber, he saw a shadow of a youth sitting on his bed while checking out his favorite duel monsters card with interest. Recognizing the face of the youth, he immediately rushed towards him.

'Yugi!! What are you...' Yugi looked up towards him as Kaiba noticed that the spiky-haired youth was wearing an Egyptian clothing. As he was. The youth smiled at him. 'Aah, Seth!! Finally you came! I've been looking all over the palace for you when I came back, but you were nowhere to be found..', said Yugi as Kaiba let out a gasp. 

Seth? Palace..? What is this...?, thought Kaiba puzzled as Yugi frowned at him. 'What's wrong? You're angry... isn't it? I sneaked out to play again and you're mad...', said Yugi as Kaiba shook his head to deny. Suddenly, the scene changed as he was now standing at the throne room.

'I'm surprised to see you here... Seto...', came a voice beside him as he looked sideways. Yugi was sitting on the throne, though his clothes were of his blue jacket and trousers, totally didn't match the scene around them as it is. Kaiba folded his arm and frowned at him. 'Bakura told me that you were messed up. So silly of you... But from what I'm seeing... you were no different than before...', he said as Yugi's smile faded. 'You thought you knew everything about me, isn't it!!? Well, you're wrong!! Go away...', cried Yugi as he tried to walk away. He slipped over the uneven altar and fell unceremoniously down the stairways.

'Yugi!!', cried Kaiba in panic as Yugi laid limp at the end of the stairs...

**

'Yugi!!', cried Kaiba as he woke up to the dark hospital room again as he noticed Mokuba and Bakura sleeping on the couch. He breathe heavily as he turned his glance towards Yugi's bed. Something doesn't seem right, he thought as he realized something.

'Yugi's gone!!', he cried out as Bakura and Mokuba woke up groggily. 'Mokuba, call up Yugi's grandpa and the others if you can!! I'll go search for Yugi!!', said Kaiba as he stormed out of the room. 'Wha...?', yawned Mokuba as Bakura wiped out his eyes lazily. Finally realizing the real situation in front of them, both jumped out of their wits and run off outside. One to search for a friend while another to call out for help. Mokuba fumbled for Yugi's home number while Bakura sped off towards the stairs...

At Yugi's house...

Mutou Sugoroku sighed as he let himself rest while Anzu served them iced tea on the table. The elderly man thanked her gratefully as he took a sip of the tea. 'It's certainly a relief since my daughter-in-law, Iria was not home. Or else, she would be frantic over Yugi...', sighed the old man as Jyounouchi and Anzu drank their tea also. 'And is it alright if you two stayed here for the night? Don't your parents worry?', asked him again. Anzu shook her head saying that her parents didn't mind while Jou replied that his father won't even care in his drunken state. The three of them had continued chatting as the phone rang...

'I'll get it!!', cried Jyounouchi as he sped to the telephone. Anzu poured some more tea to herself as she went on talking. 'Grandpa, what did Yugi's mom do? She doesn't seemed to stayed at home long...', she said as the old man smiled. 'Archeologist. Same as his father, though Iria only helped out in a dig at certain times only. She had stated that she still needs to look after Yugi. So, since the research of ancient history was very much important to him and cannot be abandoned easily, both Akira and Iria had decided to separate for the best...'

'Oooh...', sighed Anzu as Jyounouchi dashed at them, hurriedly. 'It's bad!! Mokuba just called. Yugi was missing from his ward!!!'

'What!!?'

**

Kaiba climbed the stairs effortlessly as he came to the top of the building. As he had guessed, Yugi was standing alone at the balcony. (Well, I had no idea what to call it...) He walked towards Yugi as the young pharaoh turned around to face him.

'I'm impressed that you could find me here...', said Yugi in an undertone. 'Yugi... come back to your ward, you are still sick...' Yugi closed his eyes at the remark. 'Don't tell me what to do...!', he said darkly. Kaiba frowned. 'I've had it!! First, it's Shimon saying that my soul had been merged into one! The next was Mahado and Mana, telling me to be calm!! After that, Bakura... Not only that, Shimon even changed into my grandpa to convince me...! Who are you kidding?', cried Yugi as Kaiba listened attentively...

**
At the same time...

'Come on..! I heard that Kaiba had found Yugi on top of the building...', exclaimed Bakura as he led Mokuba, Anzu and Jyounouchi towards the stairs, 'Hopefully, nothing bad happens!!', cried Anzu as they dashed up the stairs...

**
'None of us...', said Kaiba as Yugi chuckled softly. 'Seto, you won't understand...', said Yugi as the others finally reached the landing. Jyounouchi apparently, was about to jump towards Yugi before Bakura stopped him. The ex-tomb robber hushed him out to hear Yugi's revelations.

'Can I ask you a question? If for a few month you have gotten used to talk to your other self that you had created and to find out later that you can't do that anymore... what would you feel?!!', cried Yugi in anguish. 'Yugi... snap out of this!! You can overcome this problem!! Come on... this is not like you!! You are a lot stronger than this...'

Yugi chuckled mockingly at him, causing Anzu and the others (Yeah... even Bakura!!) to get freaked out beyond their nerves. Yugi never act like that!! Not even his Yami...

'So what is like me...?', snapped Yugi as Kaiba's face started to go red in anger. Kaiba fumed. 'What is like you? I wonder...*looking suddenly thoughtful* ..the young prince who's going to be the next pharaoh in line, who loves to sneak out as commoner outside to play cards? That's sounds so much like you... running around like a naughty brat and took great liking to beating me at Duel Monsters...', said Kaiba mockingly, causing the four spectators at his back to gasp in surprise at the strangeness of his remarks. Yugi was stunned to his spot before smiling towards his enemy-turned-friend.

Yugi scratched his head in annoyance. 'You could remember that?!!', he smirked. 'I could only retrieve not much of what's left of my old memories but this... coming from you is something. But it's probably nothing... We were once cousins, so it's no shock if you could remember that. We were once so close...' Now it was Kaiba's turn to be shocked. 'Cousins...?', he gasped.

'Haah... you didn't know, isn't it? You were Akunadin's son, the son of my father's brother and the man who have sold his soul to the darkness that had created that Zork entity. But, never mind that fact anyway... I'm just glad to have at least be related to you, if not in this life...'

'Yugi...? What are you saying? I don't care about that shit anymore... and what it have got to do with now?', cried Kaiba as Yugi started to sob. 'I'm confused... Kaiba-kun!! My mind had been split into two for so long that it's confusing to look back to it now that my consciousness had become one again... It's hard to think straight...', said Yugi as Kaiba stepped closer to hold his hands. 'Yugi... you can do it!! You are stronger than this... I will support you all the way if necessary, no, all of us!! You're not alone in this game, Yugi...'

'I know that...', said Yugi as he looked behind him. '...gomen, minna!! I'm sorry if I made you guys worry...' Kaiba let out a gasp as he glanced behind him to find Mokuba, Bakura, Anzu and Jyounouchi standing not far from them. He immediately let go of Yugi's hand as his cheeks started to burn. Oh.. no!! The small role was also here and Bakura too. I just said something that I won't want anyone else to know... and now they were here!! Shit!!, cursed Kaiba silently.

'Anyway... Kaiba, I've been thinking it thoroughly. If I ever to go on with my life, I have to forget the me right now and find my true self. Or else I'll go insane with the knowledge that I once had two separate personalities for a long time...', said Yugi as Kaiba gave him the surprised look. 'What are you saying...?'

'That's the real reason that I brought you here to find me. I wanted to ask your help and support for this... and I had meant to keep this from the others, but... *looking at his friends behind them*... it seemed that I can't do that. So, Kaiba-kun... can you seal my memories for me with your sennen rod?!', said Yugi in a firm voice as Kaiba and the others gasped in surprise...



[TBC]