Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Losing yourself ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime. Read and review and I wanna declare that I DON'T OWN YUGIOH.  Characters and original excerpt from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------
Chapter 6: Losing yourself
Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani


'Where am I? What is this place?', Yugi mused aloud as he wondered aimlessly around the misty plains. 'Aibou..? Doko da omae ga? Aibou!!', shouted Yugi this time, feeling insecure as he couldn't feel his other self nor having any mind link with him. 'Where are you!!? Answer me!! Don't leave me here alone!!'

'You are not alone, Yugi...', came a familiar voice behind him as Yugi turned around. Seeing someone else other than him in this strange place, Yugi was really feeling grateful. He gasped. 'Shimon!! Thank goodness that you're here!!', he cried as he grabbed Shimon's shoulder. 'Help me... I can't find my Yami!! I can't feel him anymore!! And... the sennen puzzle, it's gone!!', said Yugi in panic. He was almost in tears as his closest companion was nowhere to be seen and his most precious possession was gone. 

Shimon shook his head at Yugi. 'You didn't lose it..', he said as he pulled out the puzzle from under his cape. 'And you don't need to find the pharaoh. He's already here...'

Yugi's eyes widen as he glanced around him but saw no one. 'You lied... He's not here...!!', said Yugi as Shimon shoved the puzzle into his hands. 'Yugi!! He's here!! Look at your reflection on the pond!!', cried Shimon again as Yugi looked at the pond, which had magically appeared beside him. He gasped as he saw his own reflection, his face was exactly like the young pharaoh and he noticed himself wearing an Egyptian attire. 'Yugi... you are the pharaoh..! Both of your souls had finally become one again!', said Shimon again but Yugi doesn't respond. Shocked at the revelation, Yugi backed away from him.

'No... it's not me!! I'm not the pharaoh!! You're lying...!', cried Yugi as Shimon caught his hand. 'Yugi... please, believe me!!', said Shimon again but Yugi refused to listen to him. 'Shut up!! I don't want to hear it!! If it's true about what you said, why did you called me Yugi?!'

Strangely, Shimon let him go as he took of the scarf that was covering a part of his face. 'Because that was the name of your present self...', he said as Yugi stood frozen. 

'Grandpa..?!'

**

Bakura and Seto had just went outside to refresh themselves when they entered Yugi's ward. It was a shock to them when the first thing they saw as they entered was Yugi sitting up from his bed; holding his sennen puzzle which was glowing very brightly. Both of them quickly roused Anzu and Yugi's grandfather up. Mutou Sugoroku arrived the day before, after receiving Kaiba's call telling him that Yugi was in the hospital. The foursome flocked around Yugi as they fussed about him.

'Yugi... my child!! Thank goodness you've finally woke up...', exclaimed Sugoroku as he hugged Yugi tightly. 'We totally worried about you... we thought you were goners!!', gasped Bakura as Anzu added, 'It's a relief that to find that you were fine!!' But Seto was quiet. Even with his grandfather fussing over him and, both Anzu and Bakura jabbering about their relief, Yugi hadn't moved or said anything. He didn't even responded to his grandfather when the latter hugged him. Curious over this, he pushed Bakura aside to take a closer look at him; much to Bakura's protest.

'Hey!! Don't be selfish...!! Yugi doesn't belong to you alone!!', cried Bakura but Seto ignored him. 'Yugi.. what's wrong with you.. What the..', he said as he lifted Yugi's face towards him. At that instant, he gasped but he's not the only one doing so. It was unexpected but couldn't be helped. Yugi's eyes were open, but they were blank. Dull magenta but still as empty as death. Afraid if there was something really wrong with him, Seto shook his body hard. But it didn't work. Though, something else happened...

Yugi's lips had parted several times and Seto lowered his head to catch what was he saying. Seto's eyes widen as he shot up again. The others looked at him, surprised.

'What's wrong, Seto?', said Bakura at him as Yugi's grandfather tried to hear Yugi's words. He gasped later as he looked back at his grandson's friends. Anzu was the first to ask.

'Grandpa... what is it?', she asked but Sugoroku had already spoken. 'He said... 'You're lying...' over and over in ancient Egyptian tongue!!', stuttered the elderly man as he noticed the puzzle on Yugi's hand. Seto noticed it too as he immediately took it away. The puzzle stopped glowing and Yugi's eyes returned to normal. But aside from giving them relief, Yugi collapsed again as his grandfather caught him.

'He's fine... He's only asleep again..', sighed Sugoroku as he felt Yugi's forehead. He immediately pulled his hand away, much to the other's surprise. 'He's burning hot inside...!!!', he said again before any of them could speak. Seto instantly got up as he left to find the doctor. Bakura on the other hand, took the sennen puzzle and placed the puzzle on the small desk beside Yugi's Duel Monsters deck. He fingered the puzzle gently as he wondered what was it that had caused Yugi to react like this.

/Ryou, do you think it's wise for me to enter the puzzle to check it out?/

/Bakura... if you're planning anything sneaky.../

/Nothing of the sort!! I want to meet the pharaoh!!/

/Then, go on!! Do it.../

/Are you sure? What if I can't get out?/

/What do you mean? You've went there before... and you still came back. Just go! I had a bad feeling about Yugi.../

Bakura nodded to himself as he turned to look at the grandfather. 'Grandpa Mutou, I'd like to enter the puzzle to find out what's wrong. Can I?', he asked though he hadn't expected that the old man would agree. So Bakura touched the puzzle again as his sennen ring glowed and Ryou emerged. He smiled helplessly at them as Seto came, telling them that the doctor would come over. 

'Don't ask me why. He's anxious to see the pharaoh to find out...', said Ryou when Seto asked him why on earth Bakura tried to get into the puzzle as he shrugged. 

**

Bakura entered the tomblike chamber which was the insides of the puzzle, but he found no pharaoh. Puzzled, he tried to climb every stairways that he could find but still no luck. Exhausted, he sat stupidly on the floor as he surveyed the dizzying array of stony stairways and labyrinth. And suddenly, someone came towards him...

Bakura stood as he greeted the newcomer. When the shadows lifted to reveal the person's face, Bakura gasped...

'You..?!'
**

DING DONG...

No answer. /Apparently no one's at home right now. Not even Yugi's mother/. Jyounouchi sighed exasperatedly as he left the place. /No luck... not here, Anzu's place and Ryou's apartment. And that leaves one place to go... Kaiba's mansion./ Jyounouchi moaned vocally as he waited for the bus for which he needed to take to get to Kaiba's place.

/Why did it have to be Kaiba's who was missing with the others? Why can't it be somebody else? I can't bear anymore of his verbal taunting anymore... Oh, why DID it have to be Kaiba!!?/ 

'The last place that I wanna go right now...', he moaned again as he got on the bus when it came.

Half an hour later, he arrived at the mansion. But even before he could reach the communicator, a car came out from the gates as it stopped in front of him. One of the car windows rolled down to reveal Mokuba's cheeky face. Mokuba's eyes lighted up at the sight of Jyounouchi. 'Hey, what are you doing here? If you came for onii-chan, he's not here!!', Mokuba said as Jyounouchi walked closer. 'Why? Where is he now?', asked Jyounouchi as Mokuba slowly replied. 'At the hospital...'

Jyounouchi gasped in shock but before he could say anything, Mokuba asked him to join him. But Jyounouchi refused. 'Nah... I don't want to visit your brother for anything...'

'But, Yugi and the others were there too!!', said Mokuba urgently. Jyounouchi's eyes widen as he immediately board the car. 'What? What do you mean...? What happened yesterday?', gasped Jyounouchi as Mokuba shook his head. 

'I don't know for sure. Brother called yesterday saying that they were all at the hospital. He went out earlier with Bakura, Anzu and an Egyptian man called Shadi to find Yugi. The next thing I knew, they were injured and had to stay at the hospital. Well, not all. Anzu wasn't for one. She stayed there to take care of Yugi. Brother said he had the worst...', said Mokuba.

Jyounouchi was silent. And he's still kept quiet as the car took them towards the hospital...

**

'And you're sure they were on this floor?', asked Jyounouchi as he and Mokuba walked along the corridors oh the hospital at the sixth floor. No sooner did he said it, Kaiba emerged from their view. Both dashed towards him.

'Nii-chan, nii-chan!! You were okay, is it?', cried Mokuba as he looked over his older brother for any sign of injury. Kaiba smiled weakly. 'I'm fine... Mokuba. Just had some chest pains after yesterday's duel...', said Kaiba as he tried calm Mokuba. Jyounouchi ignored him as he tried to enter the room. Kaiba stopped him. 'You're not entering...', ordered Kaiba sternly as Jyounouchi hissed with anger. 'Why can't I? Your little brother here said that Yugi was hurt too so I want to see him right now!!'

'That's why I won't let you barge in there!!', he shouted back as Mokuba pulled his hand to get his attention. 'But nii-chan... Yugi was his friend and...'

'I too was his friend!!'

'Since when? I knew him longer than you!!'

'Like I cared? I knew him since...', Kaiba paused as he was about to say 'since three million years ago'. 'Aah... never mind..', he said as he took out his sennen rod. 'You won't understand that but you will follow my order with this. I'm sorry but I can't let you in... at least until you heard my explanation first..', said Kaiba again as he pointed the rod level to Jou's eyes. Jyounouchi swallowed hard before chancing another comment. 'Like you could ever use that rod...', he said as Kaiba smirked.

'I did used it... particularly, yesterday when I first used it to summon Obelisk...', said Kaiba as he lowered the rod. Jyounouchi gaped at him, stunned. Kaiba asked him to sit at the bench with him and Mokuba and he obeyed nonetheless. None of them spoke for a while, not even Mokuba.

'When we arrived, he had already started the duel. Fortunately, we've arrived in time. I managed to summon Obelisk before the enemy could kill him and Mana. (Jyounouchi blinked in confusion. 'Who's Mana?) But the enemy was strong... all four of us had to use all of our powers...'

'The four of you..?', inquired Jyounouchi as Kaiba nodded. 'Us... all of the sennen items guardians. It was the Millennium Battle yet again...'

'That should be nothing for you guys...'

'It's NOT!!', said Kaiba suddenly making both Mokuba and Jyounouchi jump. 'It's the yami no GAME... That was nothing to play about...' 

Kaiba rose as he opened the door of Yugi's ward. Mokuba immediately entered. 'I can let you in on one condition. That you won't do anything unexpected and that you keep this a secret from your other friends. If not... I swear, you won't like it if I used the rod on you...', growled Kaiba as both of them entered the room.

Inside the room, a solemn sight awaits him. The lights was dimmed for some reason as Jyounouchi saw Anzu and Yugi's grandfather tended to Yugi. Ryou was asleep on a couch nearby as Kaiba walked towards Anzu. But the worst sight was of Yugi's condition. His face was a mess of bruises and deep cuts, his left arm was bruised around the wrist while his right wrist was bandaged for some reason. That doesn't include the bandages around Yugi's chest which he noticed Kaiba and Bakura had too. He took a seat near the bed as Mokuba tried to wake Bakura up.

Kaiba lowered his head over Anzu as she applied damp cloth over Yugi's face. 'Any changes? Did Bakura came back?', he said as Anzu shook her head. 'Nothing much... but just now, Yugi just muttered something about his father. And he's been calling your name as well as others. About Bakura... no, he hadn't came out yet. Ryou was tired so he slept...', said Anzu as Kaiba nodded in understanding. Mokuba walked towards him.

'Nii-chan... Yugi's gonna be alright..', the boy said as the elder of the two acknowledged it faintly. Kaiba stared at Yugi's limp form. He had already hurt badly before we arrived. And thankfully Mahado had helped him to summon Ra. But... the attack from Zork was really the limit! I don't know why... but I felt deeply hurt when that dark spirit tried to attack us. I wondered why..., thought Kaiba as he glanced towards Ryou. Bakura was the same too... I guess. When Diabound destroyed his Dark Necrophedia, he was really getting the awful power in since both monsters had a big difference in level and power. Taking the attack on behalf of the other summon monster is a big risk on himself...

Ryou's sennen ring immediately glowed as Bakura returned. The albino got up as Kaiba walked up to him. 'Seto... something I had to tell you. Outside...', said Bakura as both of them went out together...



[TBC]