Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ Fight to the death!! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime. Read and review and I don't own Yu-gi-oh. The day when I owned them, Anzu would kiss Yugi!! Characters and original excerpt from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

Chapter 5: Fight to the death!!
Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani



'You have been a little too careless... pharaoh-sama...'

Yami quickly turned to face the speaker whose voice doesn't match any of his arriving friends as Black Magician stared at him in mock anger. 'Mahado...!!', gasped Yami as Anzu started to check on him. 'I would have had to sacrifice myself again if the others hadn't come quicker...', scold the ex-priest again. Black Magician girl tried to disagree. 'But sensei, pharaoh only tried too...'

'Silence...!! I'm talking to him!!', barked Mahado aka Dark magician as the others watched.

Yami looked down on his knees. 'Sorry...', he whispered softly. 'I just don't want any more people getting hurt and aibou said that...' 

'This is no time to mope about it right now, Yugi. Get up and fight again...', said Kaiba, irritated as he pulled him up. Yami winced, as the pull caused his broken right wrist to move. Anzu immediately caught his injured arm and bandaged his right hand using her head shawl. 'What happened to you, Yugi?', asked Anzu as she tried to took off the chains in vain. But the pain in the wrist prevented him to answer as Kaiba pulled him back.

'Having a great reunion just yet? And it seemed that all the sennen item have been brought here to my convenience. This is exciting...', drawled the enemy as Shadi and Bakura rounded the others with Black Magician, Black Magician girl and Obelisk on their guard. But something unexpected happened as Bakura suddenly collapsed on the floor. Despite his injuries, Yami rushed to Bakura's aid.

'Daijoubu desu ka, Bakura?!', cried Yami as Bakura tried to pull away from him. Bakura suddenly writhed in pain as something dark came out of him and tried to attack Yami. But Mahado was quicker as he repelled the dark spirit away from Yami and went towards the dark mage. Bakura slowly regained consciousness again. 'Bakura..!!?, cried Yami again as he helped him stand.

'It's okay... Yugi. I'm fine.', said Bakura as both looked up towards the direction of the enemy. Black Magician kept a firm glance towards the mage. 

'Pharaoh... do you know who was the dark mage right there?', said the dark magician as the dark presence that had been coming out from Bakura revolved beside the enemy. Yami shook his head as Mahado continued, 'It's the mage Heishin, who was the...uh? Masaka.. that cannot be!!?', exclaimed the dark magician as the others looked towards the enemy. The dark presence had accumulated into Zork Necrophedius and hovered beside Heishin.

'Zork Necrophedius?!!', exclaimed Bakura and Yami as he frowned. /That bastard!! I thought the pharaoh had already destroyed him.../, thought Bakura as he glared towards the hateful spirit. /It's because of him that the villagers from my past were killed and I had been tricked to take revenge on the wrong people... I never thought he'd still be inside the ring../

    Heishin glanced towards Zork. 'Who are you? What are your intentions for showing yourself?'

'I only desire the death of the pharaoh...', drawled the dark spirit as he hovered around. And also the powers of the dark realm...

    Yami cast a dark look at the enemy that he'd thought he'd already vanquished. He's trying to do me in again, with the help of that mage. /Funny, even without aibou telling me, I still felt somewhat familiar with this person. Though, now we had two enemies to defeat. But this time, I've got Bakura on our side. All of the sennen item holders were here. There's no way that we could lose!!/

**

    Kaiba seized the chance to attack the enemy's summoned monsters. 'Obelisk!! Attack the Five-headed God dragon!!', exclaimed Kaiba as Obelisk destroyed the five-headed dragon in one go. But Heishin had called out his magic as Zork summoned a monster. The magic created a strong whirlwind at them, deterring them from attacking. Shadi quickly created a barrier to prevent them from being blown away.

But during the commotion, Obelisk suddenly was attacked and the stone giant vanished from sight. Kaiba gasped as the others saw the monster that had destroyed Obelisk. It was Diabound at its final stage!! Bakura was aggravated by this turn of event and summoned Dark Necrophedia while Kaiba summoned his Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Both ordered their summon monster to attack along with Dark magician and Black Magician girl. But Diabound still stood as it delivered its blow towards the monsters. Kaiba and Yami called their three summon monsters back as defense but Bakura sent Dark Necrophedia to receive the attack...

Dark Necrophedia perished as Bakura clutched his chest from the attack. Anzu and Yami was worried for him but Bakura assured them that he's fine. Yami scowled at the sight of monster, Diabound. Yugi then emerged beside him.  

   /Aibou, you know what we have to do.../

/Aaah, that... we should use all the chance we had before the monster used the shadows to its advantage.../

Yami opened his eyes with determined expression. 'Minna, I would try to summon Ra. It's the only way to defeat Diabound...', he said as Bakura gave him a surprised look. 'You can't, you've already hurt badly!! Even if you could summon it, you'd die from the effort!'

'Then, what should we do?! We had no other way!!', exclaimed Yami as Kaiba added. 'Bakura's right... Yugi, you can't...'

'There's a way...', said Mahado as he turned towards Yami. 'If my powers could combine with you, you'll have enough power to summon Ra without endangering your life...', he said again as Yami nodded. 'Do it...', he said as Mahado changed into a magical energy and entered the sennen puzzle. Yami stepped forward from the others to summon.

 'Kami no shoukan!! Ra no yokushinryu!!', exclaimed Yami as his sennen puzzle glowed brightly. Immediately the sky above parted, revealing streaks of bright light. At that brief moment, the others could have sworn that they saw Yugi's image overlapping his other self as he summoned the legendary dragon. But Zork knew already that Ra could defeat his Diabound easily. So, he cast a dark magic towards Yugi as he was summoning...

   Black Magician girl noticed the action and tried to save him but was too late. The magic hit Yugi squarely as he collapsed to the floor. Bakura and Black Magician girl dashed towards him as Kaiba sent his Blue Eyes to attack Zork. Zork was repelled backwards as the attack decreased his magic powers.

   'Yugi, shikarishirou!!', gasped Bakura and Anzu as Yugi remained unmoving. He hissed with anger as he resolved himself again to fight Zork. Bakura stood as Anzu carried Yugi over her shoulder. He looked up as he realized that Ra was successfully summoned, despite Yugi's collapse. He laughed.

   'Hahahaha.... Zork, you thought you could defeat us with this, isn't it?', he said as Zork growled in anger. Bakura raised his voice louder so that everyone could hear. 'Aaah, yes... Ra could only be summoned by certain chosen ones but the sennen item holders can still control him!! And I had the sennen ring!! Ra... destroy Diabound along with the enemy!!', shouted Bakura as Black Magician girl and Blue eyes attacked them together...

**

Kaiba and the others stood still as the dust settled after Ra's destructive attack but Shadi had walked through it towards the fallen enemy. The monsters eventually vanished as the room reverted back into the empty exhibition chamber. Shadi stopped as he reached the enemy. 

   'You have lost the duel...', he said coldly Heishin looked up towards him. Shadi's eyes flared. Zork's spirit tried to flee but Shadi had placed a seal around them, preventing its escape. 'Accept the dark punishment!! I seal you both into the darkness!! Never to return...!', exclaimed Shadi as a black hole emerged from their backs and swallowed Heishin along with Zork's spirit into the darkness...

   Shadi went back towards the others as Kaiba helped Anzu to place Yugi on Bakura's back. Bakura straightened up as Yugi was neatly placed on his back. 'It's finally over...', he sighed as he looked at Yugi's pale face. Anzu sighed too. 'Yeah... but now we had to get Yugi some medical attention...', she said as Bakura nodded in agreement.

   'So, let's get to my private hospital...', said Kaiba as the two gave him the look. 'Hey, it's the best around here and they ask no questions!! Other hospitals would certainly ask how Yugi ended up like that and you'd certainly won't want to explain to them...' Bakura gave a thought about this and realized that Kaiba was right after all. Anyway, how could those mere mortals understand if he told them the story?

   'So let's go...', said Anzu as they turned to the hallway as she gasped. 'Eh..? Where's Shadi..?', she said as Bakura shook his head. 'That guy always liked to freaks people up by popping up and vanishing like that...'

**

   The next day...

   Jyounouchi entered the classroom to find only Otogi, Honda and Miho around his desk, with regards of his other classmates. Oblivious towards anything suspicious, he sat on his chair and folded his arms at his friends.

   'Yo.. what's wrong? You guys looked so down...', he said as Honda punched him on the head. 'Hey, what the...'

   'Haven't you noticed?', said Otogi as he pointed towards the direction where Anzu, Yugi, Bakura and Kaiba's desk should be. Jouno looked at the empty desk, bewildered. He still didn't get what was his friend trying to tell him. 'Anzu wasn't home when I called. She hadn't returned home since yesterday. I can't call Yugi's house since granpa wasn't home...', said Miho as realizations came to Jyounouchi's head.

   'Haa... it's probably a coincidence... don't you guys worry...', said Jyounouchi nonchalantly. The teacher entered and the others went back towards their desks. The lessons was started immediately after the attendance was taken. Jyounouchi silently took out his textbook as the teacher started teaching. But even though he said what he said, he felt very uneasy. Yugi had met Kaiba yesterday and he's been totally different. I don't know about Ryou but Anzu seemed to know about what was troubling Yugi. And now, all four of them was missing. Has something happened to them?, thought Jyounouchi as decided to investigate...



[TBC]